Cat Cafe It Is

The Sweetheart Search

When Hyerin gets back, she’s all smiles.

   “Do we have a new couple?”  I tease.  She nods rampantly and falls back onto her bed. 

   “He told me he loves me!”  She squeals.  “I wasn’t expecting that much.  I mean, I love him and we’ve known each other for a long time, but I thought he was just going to say he likes me.  But he loves me!”  

   “I’m so happy for you!”  I exclaim and crawl onto her bed with her.  “Did you guys kiss?”

   “Oh yeah,” she boasts.  “So, after you guys left he completely ignored the situation, and we just awkwardly walked.  He even let go of my hand.  But then...”

   “But then?”

   “Then he grabbed it again and said he was sorry for being so shy.  And I told him I didn’t know what he was talking about.  He sat me down on the steps of the bell tower and sat a step below me so he could look up at me.  Then he was, well, he was SO cute!  He kept rubbing my hands and telling me how much I mean to him, and I started sobbing because I’m so emotional, and then he got on the same step as me and asked if he could kiss me.  And it was big.  Like, we couldn’t stop kissing for a good while.  And then BAM!  We told each other we love each other, and he walked me home and kissed me goodnight, and he smiled that adorable smile of his, and I really wanted to bring him up but I figured Sehun would be here.”

   “Sehun wouldn’t stick around to ,” I assure.  “Sehun supports him.”

   “I didn’t say that would be his reason for being here, Eunji.  Did anything magical happen to you tonight?”  

   “If you want a confession, you’re not getting one.”

   “Darn.  It’s okay, I’m too happy about my situation right now.”

   “But..  We did hold hands all the way back, and he hugged me and gave me a kiss on the cheek.”  That’s all I decide to share.  I don’t want to make my evening seem more magical than Hyerin’s; this conversation should be all about her and Luhan.

   “Something will happen soon.  I promise.  Now that Luhan has asked me out, I’m sure Sehun will be influenced to do the same.”  

   “If you say so,” I sing.  We lay back on her bed and I listen to her stories about that-time-Luhan-was-cute and how perfect he was tonight.  Eventually, we both fall asleep together, smiling at both of our fortunes.  I’ve never been so close to Hyerin, but I’m glad she got stuck in the Freshman dorms this year, or I would have never met her.  

   I wake up the next morning to a phone flooded with texts from Sehun.

    Sehun: I had to wait for Luhan to get home, you poop.

    Sehun: I wanna know what you know.  Luhan is saying they didn’t make out but     his puffy lips say otherwise.

    Sehun: I guess you fell asleep.  The ‘other guy‘ told me to tell you goodnight,     sweet dreams.

    Sehun:  Do you know how weird it is to talk about myself in third person?  

    Sehun: It’s okay, though.  You take your time until you’re ready for the ‘other     guy‘ and I to be the same person.

    Sehun: Can I see you tomorrow, without Hyerin?

   He sent his last text around midnight.  I can’t stop smiling.  

    Me: They made out.  Hye told me.  And the other guy is so sweet!  Wow, I’ve got     great taste.  Talking about yourself in third person?  What do you mean? :P And     yes, you can.  After we study, let’s go to the cat café.

   It’s 7:30 AM, so I doubt he’s awake.  I go to brush my teeth and when I come back, my phone says I have a new message. 

    Sehun: You’re cute.  Cat café it is. 

---

   Hyerin is in a daze the entire time we study.  She keeps texting Luhan.

   “Why don’t you just invite him over?”  Sehun groans.  “You don’t need to play hard to get now that you know he likes you.”

   “You’re one to talk,” she mumbles.  I stifle a laugh and smile at him.  

   “You’re no better,” he whispers to me.

   “What?”  Hyerin asks.

   “Nothing,” we say simultaneously.  Hyerin smiles and puts her chin on her fists. 

   “No confession out of either one of you, eh?  Even after holding hands and a kiss on the cheek?”  

   I look down at the floor.

   “How do you know about that?”

   Hyerin smiles, like she’s been dying for him to ask that.  “When I was done gushing about my love life, I cleared the stage for Eunji to tell me about hers.”

   “Just because I kiss her cheek and hold her hand, I’m part of her love life?”  He asks her snobbishly.  I think he’s mad that I told her.  Actually, I’m pretty sure he is.  

   “Don’t be embarrassed, Sehun.  She told me she liked you a long time ago.”  

   The slight frustration that was on Sehun’s face vanishes and turns into a smirk.

   “Is that so?”  He asks her.  

   “Yep.  She felt so bad for liking you because she thought she was going somewhere with Baekhyun.  She told me she liked you, and cared about you, and I’ve kept it a secret long enough.  So there.  I’ve confessed for you, Eunji,” she says to me.  I raise and eyebrow and look at her, then to Sehun.

   “She’s not aware of the ‘other guy,’” I say to Sehun, and he cracks up laughing.  Hyerin looks lost.

   “Another guy?  Damn it, Eunji!  Can you tone it down?  Sehun is here for you, okay?  Stop being a dude magnet.”

   “I’ll try,” I chuckle.

---

   “Was what she said true?”  Sehun asks me at the cat café.  I ignore him, and he keeps poking the side of my arm.  We aren’t sitting across from each other today; he’s sitting beside me and we have our feet propped up on the seat across from us.  

   “Look at how cute this cat is.”

   “You hate cats.”

   “Not this one,” i interject.  “He’s so soft and gentle.” 

   “Most cats are.  The media just portrays them badly.”

   “Most cats are violent creatures, end of story,” I say and he sighs.  He puts his head on my shoulder and starts to play with the cat.  

   “I used to think you were a violent creature.”

   “I still am.”

   “Nah, you’re a total softie,” he counters.  “You’re like a hard boiled egg.”

   “Excuse me?”

   “You seem tough on the outside, but you’re actually really soft.  Take your shoulder, for example.  Totally comfortable and not boney at all.”

   “Um, thank you?”  I awkwardly accept.  He nuzzles my neck with his nose and I try to scoot away from him.  “What are you doing?”

   “Would it bother you if I acted like a cat?”  He purrs.  

   “Yes,” I blurt.  He frowns and sits up.

   “Okay.  I’ll keep that in mind.  In other news, what are you dressing up as tomorrow?”

   “I haven’t gone shopping.  Hyerin has some cat ears she says she’ll let me borrow.  So I guess a black sweater and a black skirt.  I’ll be cute.  But not revealing.” 

   “Sounds good to me~” he cooes, and I wish I could have recorded it.  It was so sweet. 

 

a/n: I HAVE 100 SUBSCRIBERS!!!  They aren't all for this story, but I'm still happy to have passed this mark.  *throws confetti* kind of a short chapter today, but tomorrow's chapter is the Halloween party (and trust me, the biggest thing yet happens at that Halloween party.)  So, I'll see you then? *winks* yehet!