Every Guy's Type

The Sweetheart Search

“You look like a ninja,” Sehun comments.  As instructed, I’ve met him on the third floor of the library an hour before Hyerin gets here. 

   “Really?  I’m hoping I can evoke one, too,” I say.  I’m wearing an oversized black hoodie and black leggings.  I’m hoping no one notices me; I wore my hood up until I saw Sehun.  

   “Did what that guy said last night really freak you out?”

   “A little.  But that’s not the reason.  I’m trying to hide from Baekhyun.”

   “Why on Earth would you try to do that?  And he never comes to the library, so you can calm your guard.”  

   I nod and relax the tension in my shoulders.  

   “He kissed me last night,” I confess.

   “I did, too.  A kiss on the cheek isn’t really that important,” he states obliviously.  I feel like hiding again.  I keep silent until he figures it out.  When he does, he makes an expression so confusing that a word can’t describe it.  “He kissed you?!  On the lips?”

   “Yes!”  I whisper yell and put my face in my hands.  “My first kiss.  Taken by Baekhyun.”  

   “Don’t be so dramatic,” he chides.  “This is what you wanted, isn‘t it?  So tell me, how’d he go in for it?  Was it the slow-motion-staring-into-your-eyes that he used, or the let-me-kiss-you request?”

   “Neither.”

   “Damn,” he says, impressed.  

   “I felt sorry for him--”

   “You can’t kiss people because you feel sorry for them.  That doesn’t mean you like them, you just pity them.”   

   “Anyway,” I huff.  “I leaned over to kiss him on the cheek, and--”

   “BAD EUNJI!”  He shouts.  Everyone on the third floor stares at him, and he bows his head in apology.  “He’s used to girls throwing themselves on him.  You’re no different than the last one.”

   “He turned his head and kissed me and told me he’d wait for me; for the Sweetheart Search to be over and for me to go to him,” I finish and watch Sehun raise an eyebrow.  He leans back in his chair and crosses his arms.  

   “I underestimated how much he likes you.  I apologize.  I don’t think you need my coaching after all.”

   “I do!”  I shout.  We’re really aggravating the people on this floor.  “I still don’t know how to talk to him, or why he likes me.  I’m so awkward!”

   “I know,” he laughs.  I make an ugly face at him.  “Okay.  You keep me updated on the things that happen.  I’ll tell you what to say to him.  For example, the next time you talk to him, don’t mention the kiss.  Let him bring it up.  If he does, tell him you can’t stop thinking about it.  It’ll confuse the hell out of him, and he’ll further become interested in you.  He says he’ll wait, but we have to keep him on his toes to make sure he actually does.”

   “Got it,” I mumble.  I bring out a pad and pen and write what he says down.  “Anything else?”  

   “If he ever confesses to you, like, in a desperate way,” he begins.  He leans forward, so I lean forward, too.  “You look him right in the eye and say ‘Tell me your wish.’  The Girls’ Generation reference will drive him wild.”  

   I laugh, a lot, and I try to keep it toned down so that I don’t interrupt people studying.  Sehun smiles and ruffles my hair. 

   “You can do this, Eunji.  I believe in you.”  

   “Thanks,” I chirp.  I lean forward and kiss his cheek.  I’m that happy.  He looks at me in shock, and I shrug.  “It’s payback for last night.  Be happy that I didn’t give you a back hug.”

   “Oh, whatever,” he sighs.  “I think it’s time you start giving me tips.”

   “Alright,” I chuckle.  “Is there a specific girl you have in mind, or do you just need help opening your heart?”  

   “Both,” he admits.  “I’m not telling you who it is; you’ll find out.  I want to surprise you.”

   “I’ve had enough of your surprises.”

   “But I have so much fun surprising you,” he whines.  I roll my eyes and blow him a raspberry.  “I just...  There’s this one girl that I think I like, but I know she doesn’t like me.”

   “Sehun, why would she join the show if she didn’t like you?”

   “I don’t know.  You joined for the money, didn’t you?”  

   “Fair enough,” I laugh.  “Sehun, there’s something I really like about you.  You speak your mind.  Yes, it gets me angry a lot, but it reminds me that you’re human and helps me to better understand you as a person.”

   “Thanks--”

   “I’m not done,” I interrupt.  “If you could incorporate that talent into your heart, you’d be golden.”

   “And just how would I ‘speak my heart?’”  He asks with air quotations.  

   “Well, being romantic helps.  What’s an activity you really like?”  

   “Making out with hot girls.”

   “Too much information,” I gag.  He laughs.

   “Just kidding.  Hm...  I really like to paddle boat now, thanks to you.  I visited Mr. Kim yesterday before filming.”

   “Did you really?”

   “Yeah.  He asked where you were, and I just said you had class.  We should go this weekend together.  He really likes seeing you, and I don’t want to go by myself.”

   “Okay,” I hum.  Sehun is so cute.  “But you’re distracting me.  We’re talking about your love life, here.   So tell me, what type of girl is this?”

   “She’s every guy’s type,” he sighs.  “Tough but soft, pretty, nice.”

   Sounds like Bomi.  I’ll keep that in mind.  

   “It sounds like you’ll need to wear her down,” I advise.  “You have to make her feel like it’s okay to be soft around you.  Girls tend to feel confused when you soften them up; let her know everything is alright.”  

   “How would I go about doing this?”

   “The quickest way to softening a girl up is light skinship.  It’s not right to engulf her, but if you do it lightly it’s enough to make her wonder ‘why did he do that?‘ and ‘when will he do it again?‘  You also have to compliment her more.  Not about pretty things, but about quirky things she might do.  Like the way she eats her food or something.”

   “Are you some sort of girl expert?”

   “Nope,” I admit.  “But I know what I like, and I’m hoping it’s what this girl likes, too.”

   Sehun smiles and grabs my hands. 

   “Hyerin is coming this way.  Thanks for your advice.” 

   “No problem,” I assure him with a grin.     

   We work for a few hours on this assignment.  I don’t know why I’m dedicating so much time to something that doesn’t affect my GPA whatsoever.  Then again, I’m doing that with the Sweetheart Search, too.  There are so many distractions in college.  Boys.  Friends.  Events.  

 

a/n: 50 subscribers wooooo!!!  this is officially my longest fic ever and my most subscribed-to fic  yet!!!  thank you so much to everyone who has stopped by to take a peek at TSS.  today's update was a little later than usual, but it's because i went on an adventure and i hope to incorporate it into the story later on!!!  
keep reading, keep commenting, and keep being awesome! <3 


 

can we talk about sehun's instagram update with the banana phone