Try

Eternity?

Hospital seemed to be quite peaceful. Some nurses and doctors were peacefully working, some chatting with each other and patients. Halls weren’t that cramped, and even one cleaning lady got to do her job in peace. Almost. There were this one guy walking in the hall, and the cleaning lady got her little spice up into her work when she had to be careful, while swinging her mop. She didn’t want to get problems after hitting or tackling somebody with her mop. The lady noticed the guy seemed to be busy talking in the phone. When he was done with the business, the man stopped and put his phone into his pocket. Then the man looked at the lady and said: “Be careful not to use too much water, ma’am.” The lady paused her doings and then nodded. After that, the said man entered in one of the patients' rooms. The cleaning lady looked puzzled, staring at the door.. And then her stare moved to the puddle she had created.

In that one room were Ken lying on the bed, Hongbin and Hyuk sitting beside his bed and Ravi and Leo sitting on a little bench opposite the bed. And then of course, N came storming in. “Well manager wasn’t that happy to hear about this little accident,” he said running hand through his brown hair. “Is he coming here?” asked Hongbin, wanting to know if their manager would like to lecture them face to face. Hey, they kind of interrupted his family vacation. “He said nothing about coming here, but he told us to keep low profile with this and so on. Don’t you think we can handle this ourselves, right?” answered N, whose hair was now sticking up and Ken thought it looked like a tidal wave.

Ken laughed a little at the sight, but the laughter died fast. Laughing turned into whining, when he felt a sting in his bandage-wrapped ribs. “Cheez Jaehwan, try to control yourself or are you that big masochist?” said N facepalming. Ravi and Leo changed amused looks with each other and tried not to laugh. It wouldn’t have been quite right. Ken just had had an operation, and N was in need of a spa vacation or something.

“So it’s quite late evening.. Did you eat when you were recording?” asked N after a while. “We had just a couple of sandwiches and water,” answered Hyuk. “So you haven’t eaten any ‘real food’ after breakfast then..” Others nodded. Not even the cleaning team had had time to eat properly. That sure was a busy day. Then N said: “How about having a hospital picnic? I’ll get some food with some of you guys, and bring the food here. Doctor told that our dummy patient must stay over the night, but hey, why couldn’t we keep him some company!” Ken smiled at their leader and anyone could tell he was touched. Leo thought it was a nice gesture, even if he didn’t like the idea staying at the hospital for too long. I guess I can do it once at least.. He thought himself.

Before anyone else could offer, the maknae line stood up and walked beside N. “Good! Now now, what should we eat then?” pondered N looking up s. “How ‘bout chicken?” suggested Ravi. “Yeah, chicKEN-party!” chirped Ken raising his hands in the air, but then wincing from the pain. Others just shook their heads at their patient. “It’s a deal then! We’ll go and get the food and you guys.. – “ said N pointing at the couple of guys sitting on the bench “ –.. You guys will stay here and keep company for Jaehwan. Or keep an eye on him. That may be more correct.”

As said, N left with the maknae and the visual, leaving the patient with Ravi and Leo. Then the blond rapper excused, and went to seek a toilet. So it was just Leo and Ken in the little room. “I think Ravi is pretty shocked,” said Ken watching the door closing after Ravi had left. “Why so?” asked Leo moving to sit beside Ken’s bed. “There’s a bathroom also in this room..” answered Ken smiling at Leo. The vocalist gazed the room and true, there was a toilet. “He’s just sorry about this. It was kind of his fault, and he’s truly suffering for making you to stay in the hospital,” said Leo to Ken. Ken listened to his words which sounded like a careful wondering. Ken nodded fiddling his fingers in his lap. “I’m not blaming him..” Leo looked at his friend but before he could ask, Ken continued: “It’s my fault. Well what can I do, I just love goofing around and get everyone smile. So I’m the one, who caused this.” Leo couldn’t keep his eyes away from the other’s face; he was so sincere and keeps making acts for the mood of other people.. And now that person, Ken, felt bad for Ravi.

 Leo thought for it second and then he said: “Then it’s a miracle you broke yourself after 4 years in VIXX, babo.” Ken looked up at Leo again, eyes as wide as baseballs. Leo kept his poker face. “What do you mean by that?! Yah!!” Ken started shrieking and hit playfully Leo’s shoulder. Leo sneered softly and flicked Ken’s bandaged side lightly, carefully not hurting him. Ken still got his own mood up, so he pulled a twisted scrunch on his face: “Owww hyuuuung, why would you hurt me~??” He continued wiggling in his bed, but then he started to crack up. He started laughing.. and then whining for a real this time. Leo shook his head.

“For sure you’re a masochist..”   

 

☆*・゜゚・ *☆* ・゜゚・*☆