Dead Inside

Gravity

(Maya POV)

When I got home that morning I stood in the shower not moving, not worrying that the water pounded on my face heavily stinging my eyes. I just stood there staring at the opposite wall with no expression on my face whatsoever. I don't know what exactly was going through my head. I got to work and it was no better. I begged my boss to let me work early so I could make up for last night.

"Uhm...how can I help? Uh I'm Maya, waitress, your order please?" I said trying to focus on work and not Allyson.

"Uh...I'll have the chocolate chip muffin with a iced coffee." The lady replied.

"Okay coming right up." I said faking a smile.

After a couple of hours my first break was over and it was about 3:00pm and due to my extra hours I would get out in about 2 hours. Suddenly, a recognizable face walked in with a bright smile.

"Hi Maya, would you like to go get something to drink later besides coffee?" The face asked trying to fake a smile as well.

"Long time no see..." I replied with the first words that came to my mind.

"Yes?" The person questioned.

"I get out at 5."

"Okay, I'll be back." The girl said.

"I've missed you." She smiled as she brushed my arm and walked away.

I watched her walk away as if everything was fine, but she would never find me unless something was up. Has it been a year already?

Time passed quickly after that brief confrontation.

"I'm clocking off Edy." I said waving to my manager.

"Come back at 12 okay? If you're working too much tell me now, you asked for these shifts." My manager replied.

I waved again and stepped out. As soon as I turned to my left I saw the familiar face again.

"Sara..." I whispered before she quickly embraced me.

"Maya-ah! I've missed you so much..." Sara said choking up in her feelings.

"Me too..." I faintly replied.

"Come, let's go get a drink. You deserve one after work." Sara smiled as she dragged me to a closeby sports bar.

"How's it going, you've matured so much!" Sara said as she ordered us two small glasses of alcohol.

"I'm fine, so why are we really here?" I blurted out.

"It's uhm...Allyson's anniversary." Sara managed to say.

"I know, but we all used to be best friends and it took you a whole year to reach out to me? I was hurting and still am." I confidently replied.

"How could I reach out to you? After we graduated you came here, you hid from me! You don't know how many times I wanted to reach out to you and see how you were feeling." Sara cried.

"How do you think I was feeling? My bestfriend killed herself because she was baring pain just to make others happy. In my eyes, I killed her and I was trying to find someone to blame." I said holding back tears.

"SHE WAS MY BESTFRIEND TOO!..and there's nothing we can do about her death..." Sara yelled before coming to a low whisper.

"I just..just..just miss her, you know?" I admitted trying to get this conversation over.

"You can't keep hiding here, come back to America, we can live together. It'll be like old times." Sara smiled.

"I can't, any other day I would pick up my bags and run....but now....I can't." I mumbled.

"I see..."

"I just want to be alone." I said cutting her off.

"Okay, I'll call you when I arrive back home." Sara said with tears streaming down her face. She hugged me tightly and walked away.

I drank down the glass of alcohol and even gulped Sara's untouched glass.

"Keep them coming please." I said with tears falling down my expression-less face.

***

(Dongwoo POV)

"Come on guys! I need to see someone." I said as I rushed before everyone else and walked inside the coffee shop.

"'Dongwoo-ah! I thought you said you didn't have a girlfriend." Sungyeol stated.

"I don't, she's a good friend...something like that." I smiled as I sat down at the big middle table.

"Are we going to order something? Or...just sit here to meet Dongwoo-ssi's friend?" Woohyun asked as he stood up and walked over to the empty counter.

"Why isn't she here? She's like a half an hour late for her shift." I mumbled to myself.

"L-ssi is falling asleep over there, Nam get him an americano!" Sungyeol shouted to Woohyun who was impatientially tapping his fingers at the counter.

Suddenly, a big ball of hell barged in muttering gibberish.

"I'm sorry I'm late...wait I'm not sorry!" Maya managed to say but with plenty of stutters.

"Maya!" I yelled standing immediantly.

"You! Why you come my work, hehe doesn't matter....drinks free for me! I-I mean free drinks on me!" Maya laughed as she stumbled her way to the counter.

"M-Maya...are you drunk?" A man in a uniform asked assertively.

"I had a few to drink...I'M NOT DRUNK!" Maya laughed even louder this time.

"This is totally uncalled for." The man growled in a low tone.

"What? A girl can't celebrate for her best friend? Pardon me for trying to loosen up! Ha!" Maya spat out.

"Get out..." The man whispered to Maya.

"Excuse me?" Maya questioned.

"Get out!" He yelled this time.

"I work my off at this job! It's embarrassing, but I work harder than any other worker you have here!" Maya cried out with no tears.

She ran up to her boss and slammed her hands on the counter.

"I mean it, leave now before you make a fool out of yourself..." He whispered once more.

Maya could no longer hold herself up and fell.

"Maya!" I gasped as I ran towards her and stood her up.

"Don't come back! Do you hear? You're fired!" The man yelled.

Maya  jerked away from me and stood tall.

"YOU can't fire me...because I QUIT!" She yelled.

I grabbed Maya and turned her around to face the door.

"Hyung." I said looking at Sunggyu.

"I know. Go take her home." Sunggyu nodded in approval.

****

"Stop struggling, I'm just taking you home." I said trying to drag Maya along.

"Mmm....Oppa! Carry me please." Maya cried out.

"Ugh okay." I bent down and began carrying Maya on my back. It was late at night so I didn't expect to see anyone, but boy was it quiet outside. I longed for human coversation.

"Maya, why?" I asked.

"I met up with an old friend and we chatted over Ally's death. It's been a year..." Maya sighed.

"Old friend? Man?" I questioned in confusion.

"Is Dongwoo jealous?" Maya snickered in a baby voice.

"No, no it's not uhm....like that just wondering for your safety. I mean they obviously did something to you. You're not the type of person to show up at work drunk, you know." I cleared up.

"Her name is Sara...she friends too. I mean she was friends....Me her and Ally were all friends." Maya stuttered.

"Ohh....Maya I need your keys." I said  as I gently placed Maya down standing.

She fumbled through her pocket and pulled out a small dull silver key. I unlocked her door and carried Maya upstairs to her bedroom. It was so plain. Everything was a beige color except for her bed border which was a dark brown. Her room almost looked vintage. She had a lace design on her blanket.

"We're here." I whispered as I covered Maya up with her blanket.

"Dongwoo are you tired of being an idol?" Maya asked out of the blue.

"W-What?" I questioned thinking in my head. Do I look tired? Is my look not "fresh" anymore?

"Are you bored, tired, done with being an idol?" Maya asked again.

"Maya I think you're sleepy. Time to rest okay?" I smiled.

Maya moved over and began patting on an empty area on the bed.

"Come, you said it yourself, time to rest." Maya yawned.

I sat down on the bed beside her.

"Maya, you bark a lot you know that?" I chuckled.

"Bark!?" She yelled as she motioned to slap me.

I caught her arm and held it for a good 10 seconds before she wrapped it around me.

I was put in an awkward position, but I smiled. I laid down beside her and stared at the ceiling. Maya curled up in a ball next to me, still with one arm wrapped around me.

"I like you Dongwoo..." Maya sighed.

"I like you too Maya. Now you should sleep, it's late." I smiled still staring at the ceiling.

_________

:O I hope you guys like this chapter! ^_^