Morning After Truth

Gravity

My back ached as I realized I was sitting straight beside Maya for about 7 hours. It was 5:34am to be exact. I let her sleep and my body was aching.

"Aish...I knew I should have went to sleep." I whispered to myself.

"What time is it!" Maya screeched waking up in an instant.

"5:45." I replied with a scared look on my face.

"YOU let me miss work!?" She yelled even louder as she stood up.

"I called off for you, you can thank me." I said without thinking of my word choice. Ughhh What am I saying! I'm just cranky from not sleeping.

"Thank you? If you think in my entire life I would thank you then you're dreaming." Maya scoffed now feeling the light breeze. She shivered in her own jacket.

I stood up to stretch and handed Maya my jacket.

"What makes you think I need this? I just want to go home I need to ask my boss if I can go in early to get my regular pay I missed. You know some people actually have to work for their money and they barely get by." Maya replied as she shoved my jacket towards my stomach. She walked with aggression and anger. All I did was follow because how could I argue with someone who obviously has it rough as it is. She doesn't need me to complicate her life.

"Where am I supposed to go?" Maya asked me as she reached the outside of the building. It was empty outside, not a soul in sight.

"To the right." I replied.

"Are we going to talk about what happened last night?" I questioned. But in reality...what did happen last night?
I found out that Maya was an Inspirit, but I crushed her spirit by never replying back. Allyson's death was only because she was in pain. It had nothing to do with Maya. Maya never hurt her or annoyed her...she was just tired of being in pain.

"What about it?" Maya brushed off.

"I didn't kill Allyson. I mean...It's not my fault. No no no what I mean is...I'm sorry." I finally said.

"Y-Y..." She started but never finished. The rosey red color on her cheeks were not make up. She was obviously embarrassed.

I grabbed Maya's arm and pulled her body towards me. I hugged her and hugged her tight.

"You don't have to say anything if its too hard. I'm sorry. Don't blame yourself for Allyson's death anymore. If I wrote back to you then you wouldn't think that you annoyed Allyson. She was just tired Maya just like you...she was just tired." I said holding back the tears that wanted to pour out so bad.

I felt a small weeping on my chest then a tug. It felt like someone was pulling at my heart.

"I have to go...work." Maya said as she ran off away from me and down the road. I didn't chase after her, It was in my place to do that. I might have overstepped my boundaries by hugging her. I walked slowly into the opposite direction just to get home.

That tugging feeling in my chest hurt even more everytime I took a step.

My heart hurt. This feeling was so new to me...am I dying?
 

*******

Hiya readers here is a short chapter for  you guys ! ^_^