Breaking Point

Gravity

We walked. Walked. Walked. Oh and walked some more. The silence was killing me, I hated being quiet. I needed a sound, any sound that would help me strike a conversation going. Even the crickets were quiet for this one, it seemed like I was on my own. I took in a supple amount of oxygen before bursting out anything random.

I began rapping the rap I learned earlier and stopped halfway into and saw Maya with earphones in.

"Phew..." I whispered to myself with the relief she didn't hear me.

I lightly tapped her shoulder and stared at her as we reached the executive building.

"We're here." I whispered in her ear.

*MAYA POV*

Funny thing is I have earphones in, but silence is playing....why did he just do a rap. Sounded so familiar....

I shuddered a bit as Dongwoo whispered in my ear.

"...Hey-AH! Get away you ert!" I yelped after my voice cracked. I pulled away extremely fast causing Dongwoo to lose his balance. He tripped back a little and began falling.

"Oppa!" I screamed embarrassingly as I grabbed his forearm and pulled him up.

Dongwoo looked at me strangely and went with it. He brushed off the dirt he had on his and widened his eyes.

"D-D-Did you just call me Oppa?" Dongwoo asked hesitently.

"NO!" I screeched trying to hide the burning red flames dancing on my cheeks.

"Well wha-"

"I said Oh my ah ! Now can we go I have work tonight." I stated as I rushed to the building checking my watch. It was about 8:08pm lots of time, too much time.

I only turned around once to see Dongwoo and that was when he rushed and opened the door for me like a gentleman. I just pranced in with my head hung low and tried not to make a scene. But the scene was already being painted like a following trail behind me. Dongwoo was shaking hands, bowing and dancing like if this was the runway carpet. My face tried to twist in disgust, but I couldn't help it I had to giggle.

"Hi...Hey...How are you......Good evening Hyung.....Nice to see you Noonas." Dongwoo said politely to everyone he passed by.

I stopped abruptly and turned around quickly Dongwoo's teeth hit my forehead and I fell towards his body. I felt like I was falling into a never ending pit even though Dongwoo caught me. It was odd gravity pulled me forward instead of letting me stand tall. I felt like I was in a bean bag now, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't pull away from Dongwoo. Probably...and I'm just guessing....it was because he was holding my head to his chest!

"Hey-ah Fool...let go of my head." I growled loud enough for him to hear me.

"The problem is I can't."

"Wah?" I questioned.

"Well, your hair bun is sort of stuck to my jacket zipper." Dongwoo whispered trying not to make a scene.

"Take your jacket off!" I growled with concern.

"Okie Okie don't worry let's just get out of the main area." Dongwoo said as he waddled me over to the men's bathroom.

"Please get out." Dongwoo said politely hiding his face to a man who was drying his hands.

"No need to worry just gonna have a private discussion." I reassured the man.

Dongwoo quickly blocked the door and bursted out in laughter.

"Hey fool why are you laughing my head hurts!" I yelled then fell silent and bursted into laughter too.

His laugh was more than enough to get a whole crowd dying of laughter.

"We are stuck together in the men's bathroom it doesn't get better than this." He continued laughing.

I glared happily into his eyes and shook my head realizing he was the enemy. I began swatting at him.

"Just hurry up and take off your jacket!" I commanded.

Just as I said, Dongwoo quickly removed his jacket and carefully handed it to me. I hurried and untangled the zipper from my bun. I had to pull and pull and pull until my head started hurting again. I threw the jacket at Dongwoo and started to the door. Suddenly I slipped on a small puddle and almost fell. Luckily, Dongwoo caught me by my arm at the last second.

"You must love falling." Dongwoo said as he threw me a dashing smile.

"Hey-ah let's go!" I screeched in his ear after brushing myself off.

"Wait! It's going to look weird if we both exit like this." Dongwoo stated as he had a point. I didn't want to be accused of being his GIRLFRIEND!

"Fine I'll leave first." I said almost snarling.

I exited the bathroom and was spotted by a man walking by.

"What! Never seen a cosplayer before!?" I yelled walking away with pride. But...I didn't even know where I was heading so I stopped and stood in place.

Suddenly, I felt a warm hand touch my shoulder. Dongwoo had finally left the bathroom and began leading me up the stairs of the building. He slowly knocked on a door that had a tiny name card. [Mail Management]

"Hello, I don't mean to bother you but I had a couple of questions." Dongwoo said politely.

"Uhm...You are?" The man in the seat asked.

"Jang Dongwoo." He replied.

"Erm...not you, the lady." The man corrected.

"I'm Lee Maya." I whispered.

"Good enough. What can I do for you two?" Mr.Shin asked. The name tag he wore shined from his lamp.

"I'm looking for the Infinite mail room." Dongwoo stated.

"Are you an authorized person to obtain the key?" He asked.

"I am a member of Infinite." Dongwoo chuckled a bit.

"Okay here is the key, Infinite's mail room is room 29 on the third floor." Mr.Shin smiled.

I followed after Dongwoo as he raced up the stairs.

*Dongwoo POV*

AH here it is. I slowly unlocked the door expecting it to be empty since our manager had already handed us a small bag of mail. We ripped open about 3 letters each and were extremely excited. But when I flung open that door there were envelopes stacked high. I figured our manager only plucked a couple of letters at a time instead of giving us these letters. Maya and I began searching through the piles.

"Tell me if you find anything that says Park Allyson." Maya muttered.

I began scattering down a certain pile full of envelopes. I started to notice a giant pile was all by one person. And the design. So...intricate it had to be done with a quill and ink. I looked at the envelopes again and noticed they were all sent in by....Maya? I quickly turned my head towards Maya and noticed tears streaming down her face as she read one letter. I glanced at the envelope she had on her lap and the sending name was Park Allyson. Maya threw the letter to the ground and stood up panicking she paced back and forth trying not to make loud crying sounds. I reached over and grabbed the letter...

***

Dear Jang Dongwoo,

How come you never write back to my friend Lee Maya? She loves you....not a sasaeng fan love, but a genuine love. She watches Infinite videos ALL DAY LONG! Being in a hospital bed forces me to listen to everyone of your songs. A couple of days ago she cried watching you guys sing Can U Smile live version on YouTube. It took me about an hour to explain to her that she was crying over nothing, but she continued sobbing about how you don't normally sing a lot. You're the rapper and it takes courage blah blah blah blah. She calls herself an Inspirit but she's definitely more than that. If it wasn't for her being my best friend I don't think I would have lived this long. The doctors told me I was extremely ill and it was my choice if I wanted to "go" slowly but painfully or quickly. Her being there beside me pushed me to fight past the pain and  live longer. I've gotten to do so much in my short/long life. This is more like a goodbye letter then a HI OPPA letter. It's become too painful to wake up now. I feel sick all the time I lost my appetite...but I'm fine with "going" now. It's my choice so I think I'll do this myself.  Maya is a keeper Dongwoo. If you ever read this please consider writing back to her as soon as possible. She's starting to give up on you and Infinite in general....Well, thats all I have to say I guess. WRITE BACK TO HER YOU FOOL! Hello and Goodbye.

~Park Allyson

***

After realizing Maya was the one who wrote the 237 letters not Allyson, I looked up for her. Noticing only her shadow as it pounded its way out of the room and up the stairs. I dropped the letter and ran after her.

"Maya.." I managed to scream through my struggle to breathe. I gasped for air and panted as I chased her up all those stairs. WHY SO MUCH STAIRS! I finally reached the top of the stairway where a large door shut. I struggled, but opened it...

"Why GOD! Why did you have to take her from me? She was the only one I had! I can't breathe the same!" Maya screeched to the sky with open arms on the rooftop of the building.

"Maya, you wrote those letters?" That was the only thing I managed to say. How insensitive of me..!

"Is that all you care about? YOU WERE RIGHT! You never recieved my letters therefore you are NOT the reason I hate Infinite!" She yelled as she shoved her phone in my face trying to show me her screensaver was 7 guys with "X's" over their faces.

"I HATE YOU! I HATE INFINITE! I HATE IT ALL!" She cried out. Now wailing Maya didn't know what else to do, but drop to the ground.

I ran towards her and just grabbed her. I didn't know what else to do but hold her. She hit me and resisted for a while and then just started to sob on my chest.

Minutes turned to hours as we just sat there then lied there. She cried the entire time until she fell asleep. I didn't want to move her so I just slid my jacket underneath her head. I grabbed her phone that she dropped on the ground and went through her contacts.

"Hi, I'm calling for Lee Maya, uhm...I'm her boyfriend. She is sick she won't be able to make it to work. Thanks....goodbye." I shrugged my shoulders and slid her phone into my pocket. I walked over to the edge of the roof top and rested my hands on the hard cold surface. I began thinking to myself...

Why was she put through all that? She's not a bad person maybe a little aggressive, but not bad at all.

I turned around and watched her sleep. I sat beside her awake just waiting for the sun to rise after that scene she just did.

"You've definitely had enough, haven't you?" I whispered to myself.

____________

Ah Sorry this is a little late I kept thinking about new things to add!