Fate

Gravity

I figured...

"C-can I treat it?" I stuttered beginning to feel a bit dizzy. I shook my head and planted my palms on my face.

"Well, in your case its really not that serious which is good. We have to treat it while it's not bad. Manic Depression is not curable, however, we can put you on medication that will definitely help you maintain a healthy lifestyle." The doctor assured resting his hand on my shoulder.

"Medication? Is there another way? My mother has gone through this and these drugs were her addiction. I don't need that in my life." I questioned. I didn't want to go through that path. Especially alone, that would be a nightmare.

"Medication is the only answer, but as I said before your case isn't bad at all. If we start now we don't have to put you on a strong prescription. Maya, I know you're scared, do you have a boyfriend or close friend that can help watch your medication intake? If you're that scared I recommend finding someone to help you," The doctor stated.

"Uhm...I'll be fine." I said forcing a smile. The doctor handed me my prescription paper.

"The medicine should be ready by 7 tonight okay?"

"Yes, thank you so much," I nodded.

"Maya come back next month and we can check your status again."

"Okay." I walked away folding the paper and tucking it away in my purse.

The taxi ride home seemed longer than usual, it was only 6pm so I had to wait a bit longer before my medicine was ready. I felt so run down as if I had just ran a marathon. When I got out of the taxi cab I hurried into my house and dropped onto the couch. Is this really happening? I curled up in a ball and silently let tears fall from my eyes.

****

(DONGWOO POV)

"Good job Dongwoo on the dance today and Sungyeol the vocals are coming along well these days," Our manager said as he dropped us off at our dorm.

"Hyung?" Sungyeol asked.

"Yeah?"

"Are you going to tell the manager about Maya?" Sungyeol asked placing his hand on the door knob, but not turning it.

"Uhm, no not yet. Its not the time." I managed to say.

"Don't get in trouble." He stated then walked into the dorm. I followed behind feeling some type of tension.

"Yah! What's that supposed to mean?" I asked chasing Sungyeol into the dorm.

"Nothing, I'm just saying don't risk our group just so you can have a girlfriend," Sungyeol snarled.

"Oh did you say this to Myungsoo too or is this just for me?" I snarled back.

"I didn't have to, Woohyun did," Sungyeol growled in a low tone.

"What's your problem huh? I'm not doing anything to you, so why are you arguing with me?" I asked grinding my teeth together.

"You are in a team! If you get in trouble because of this girl then we ALL get in trouble. Do you ever think about anyone else?" Sungyeol replied.

"Yah...come here," I said decreasing the tone of my voice. I wrapped one of my arms around Sungyeol's shoulder and patted his back.

"I'm not going to get us in trouble, trust me. There's a lot more to this situation than you know." I sighed thinking about Maya. Maybe I should just tell him. I don't want to lose the relationship I have with my friends.

"Sure Hyung." Sungyeol whispered then forced a smile.

My phone began buzzing. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"It's M-Maya...I got your number from the little paper you left the other day."

"Oh yeah, what's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Can you do me a favor?" Maya sniffled.

"Sure, what's wrong?"

"I need you to pick up my medicine for me...."

"Okay sure, just send me a picture of the prescription paper. Make sure the barcode is visible."

"Okay...thank you..."

"I'll be there soon, do you need anything else?"

"Please hurry," Maya cried before hanging up.

 

*****

(Maya POV)

I hung up the phone and wrapped myself up with a second blanket. I waited and waited for what seemed like forever even though it had only been 15minutes since I talked to Dongwoo. The sudden knock on my door scared me. I quickly wiped the tears off of my face and fixed my hair. I wobbled to the door with my blanket still wrapped around me.

"Maya are you okay? Here's your medicine." Dongwoo asked rushing inside handing me the unopened bag.

"Thank you." I whispered clenching the bag. I didn't want to open it in front of Dongwoo. I didn't need him to see that I'm a little different. I ran into the bathroom and locked the door.

"Maya please tell me what's wrong." Dongwoo insisted gently knocking on the door. I tried to sob quietly so he wouldn't hear me, but at this point that wasn't possible.

"Don't cry my little angel, don't cry anymore. When you cry my heart becomes sore." Dongwoo tried to lighten the mood by singing a little.

I gulped down two of the pills and put the bag in the mirror cabinet. I slowly opened the door with my head held low.

"Maya-ssi what's wrong?" He asked again but this time grabbing onto my heads. I looked up with my tear filled eyes. I wrapped my arms around his waist and snuggled my head into his chest.

"Hey did you miss me?" Dongwoo chuckled as he squeezed me tighter.

"Don't flatter yourself." I laughed detaching myself from from him.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" Dongwoo smiled tapping my nose.

"Yah! Don't touch me! " I growled pushing his forehead away.

"Are you sick or something?"

"Yeah you could say that," I whispered. I walked over to the couch and laid back down.

"Just rest, I'll get you a warm towel," Dongwoo assured.

***

(Dongwoo POV)

 

I walked back over to the couch and saw Maya was fast asleep. This was my chance to find what she was hiding. I tip toed over to the bathroom and searched for the bag.

"Manic depression...?" I whispered as I read the description. Maya was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder... I closed the bag and placed it back in the cabinet. This girl has had it hard enough and now this. Aigoo...

I walked back into the living room and kneeled next to Maya. I lightly patted her forehead with the warm towel.

"Share some of the pain, stop bottling it in." I whispered. Something about Maya looked so different. Her face glistened, maybe because of the water from the towel. Well whatever it was she looked so beautiful. I couldn't help myself, she was so vulnerable... I leaned in and kissed her.

Her soft lips felt like silk. I slightly opened my eyes ,still planting a kiss on Maya when I saw her eyes. Her eyes were as big as the moon...!

 

***

Hiya, only about 2-3 chapters left. I want my story to come to a nice ending so please anticipate it ^^