The End of Gravity

Gravity

I widened my eyes, but I just couldn't pull my lips away. Dongwoo finally saw I was awake and got up extremely bashful.

"Yah! What was that?" I yelled smacking his hand.

"I-I-I I fell?" Dongwoo stuttered.

"Oh..." I whispered still feeling a bit uneasy.

"I-I should get going its uhm...pretty late," Dongwoo replied as he walked over to the door.

"Uhm, see you tomorrow?" I turned into a question.

"Yeah sure," He smiled as he left.

YAHH!! I screamed. I gently touched my lips. I haven't had a kiss since...since....highschool? My stomach was unsettled. I felt like little firecrackers were going off in there. I laid back down facing the ceiling. Dongwoo and me? The thought of it made my stomach bubble even more.

The next morning Dongwoo texted me asking if I wanted to go on a run. I was just about ready, it was 5am so the chances that we would run into anyone was low. I tied my sneakers and opened my front door I had perfect timing because Dongwoo was right there.

"Running is good for stress," He chuckled.

"Exactly, but you are my stress," I replied as I stretched a little.

"I know a great little trail we can run on, " He stated as he searched for something in his pocket.

"Here." Dongwoo said handing me a little gold charm bracelet.

"W-Whats this?" I replied holding the bracelet and hanging my head low so he wouldn't see the color of my cheeks.

"I uh got you a little gift for helping me. Also, it has an infinity charm on it, remember you lost yours?" He stated scratching the back of his neck.

I stared at the piece of gold in my hand and noticed my heart was thumping a little faster than usual.

"Shall we go now?" I asked slipping the bracelet in my pocket.

***

4 hours later

I got a random call from Woohyun while me and Dongwoo were running. He told me not to tell Dongwoo anything and to come to the dorm when I had time. I was heading over there now. Dongwoo had already left me to go to rehearsal.

I knocked on the dorm door suspiciously. Why did Woohyun want to see me?

"Yah! What do you want?" I yelled before Woohyun yanked me by my arm.

"We are the only ones here and I need to discuss something important with you," he vaguely stated.

"Should my boyfriend be here?" I snarled raising an eyebrow.

"You mean your pretend boyfriend?" Woohyun chuckled as he let go of my arm.

"W-w-what?" I stuttered.

"I know everything okay? Dongwoo fell asleep last night with his phone in his hand. It looked like he was going to text you something but ended up saving it as a draft. But that's beside the point, you need to break up with him," Woohyun continued.

"Why?" I asked curiously.

"Maya-ssi, he's in love with you," He added.

"No..? We're just friends and barely that. You've got it all...wrong," I retorted.

"If you break up with him nicely he'll still want to stick to you like glue, that's why you have to hurt him. I know it sounds bad, but you have to. We have a tour coming up and he hasn't been focusing," Woohyun explained.

"I can't...I refuse to!" I yelled. I couldn't help but think about Dongwoo's kiss. I should have known he developed feelings for me... I'm so stupid! I couldn't even prevent myself from developing feelings for...him. That's nonsense right? I can't possibly like him that way, can I?

Suddenly, the door knob was rattling as if someone was about to enter.

"That's them....if you can't hurt him then I will," Woohyun stated before wrapping his left arm around my lower waist and grabbing my face with his right hand. He leaned in and stuck his face onto mine. I couldn't pull away because he was holding onto my face. I just stood there and endured his kiss. This kiss had no feeling, no emotion, no love.

(Dongwoo's POV)

Why is she kissing him! Woohyun would never do that to me, so why is she doing that? Did I do something mean to her? Did she not like the bracelet? Why is she hurting me?

"Maya-ssi?" I managed to say.

"Dongwoo..." She whispered.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I spat out trying not to choke on my own words.

"I-I hate you, you only made my life complicated. I hate you ,I hate you, I hate you! Do you understand now? I hated you before and I still hate you now." She forced out.

I smiled through the tear that escaped my right eye.

"I'm used to you saying I hate you now. I'm hoping that one day after all the 'I hate you' are out that you could say I love you for a change," I chuckled as I grabbed my chest and walked away. I had an unusual feeling in my chest and it hurt. I began lightly jogging to the roof of the building. I stopped as soon as I felt the cool air smack me in the face. I've never had this feeling in my life. It hurt so bad, as if someone cracked open my heart. I took in a big breath of air and walked over to the edge of the building. I planted my hands on the ledge and closed my eyes. Nothing felt better than the air. Suddenly, the air turned bitter cold and my heart began hurting even more. I dropped to the floor and wept in silence.

"Maybe just maybe I thought she could grow feelings for me....I had these feelings since the first time I saw her," I smiled as I imagined Maya's distraught face when she first saw me.

(Maya POV)

"Let go of me..." I whispered.

"You had to do it," Woohyun said trying to comfort me.

"I can't do this...I'm sorry, but I can't let him believe I hate him. I won't let him believe that!" I yelled as I ran out of the dorm. I kept thinking, where would Dongwoo go...bingo the roof. I ran up there. I paused before opening the door so I could catch my breath. I slowly turned the door knob and let the breeze hit me in the face.

"You're right, I don't hate you. I don't hate you at all. Dongwoo-ah, listen to me...I don't hate you. I had to kiss Woohyun because I needed to make you forget about me. You have a tour coming up, you should be focusing on that," I repeated as I walked towards Dongwoo who was laying on his back staring at the sky.

"I understand if you hate you me now," I continued as I sat beside him.

"I don't hate you," Dongwoo stated clearly.

"Good because that would make it harder for me to say this...I love you," I blushed staring straight ahead.

"What?" Dongwoo asked with a surprised face. He still didn't move an inch as he laid on his back with his eyes darted at me.

"I love you Dongwoo-ssi and I can't help it...loving you was not my intentions. I didn't even want to see you, but I fell in love carelessly," I admitted still trying to find the courage to look at Dongwoo.

"Well that's good because now I'm not the only one who has fallen. I fell in love with a girl who is so perfect it hurts. Perfect body, perfect hair, perfect voice, perfect nose and a strange but still perfect personality," He rambled still in the same position.

"I wonder who that could be."

"Its you Maya, I have fallen in love with you. I love every little thing about you. I love the way you sniffle when you eat ramen, I love the way you pinch your clothing when you're bored, I even love the fact you're crazy," Dongwoo confessed staring at the sky.

I turned towards him and showed him my tear filled face.

"I've always wanted someone to love me unconditionally, even now when I'm going to go through mood swings. Will you really love me at my worst?" I asked now confident enough to look him in the eyes.

"I will love you no matter how many times you say I hate you because I know one day you'll say I love you again," Dongwoo assured grabbing my hand still facing the sky.

I leaned over top of Dongwoo and laid on his chest. I grabbed his face with both of my hands and kissed him.

"Will you be my real boyfriend?" I asked wiping a dried up tear off of his beautiful face.

"I've always wanted to be your real boyfriend," he replied sitting up and holding me in his arms.

"Maya do you know what I'm thankful for?" Dongwoo asked.

"What?"

"I'm thankful for gravity," he smiled as he held me tighter and kissed my neck.