Chapter 8

Breaking the Ice Hearts

 

CHAPTER eight

 

“Guys, do you think she’s okay?” Junho asked, worried.

The boys expect Nickhun were sitting comfortably in Taecyeon’s living room.

“Yeah, I think we should have just sent her to the hospital... letting some student check up on her isn’t a good idea” Junsu commented, sitting on the couch, watching as Chansung walked back and front the carpet. While Wooyoung and Junho on each side of him, with Taecyeon sat quietly on the other couch.

“Like that won’t give any more attention to us... Taec is already under the radar, at least this way we know that Seohyun won’t spill the beans on us” Chansung stopped to answer and then began walking back and front the boys.

“Can you at least stop moving so much? It’s giving me a headache!” Wooyoung complained, holding the bridge of his nose.

“Serves you right, drinking in the middle of the afternoon!” Junsu said with a serious tone.

“Well excuse me! It wasn’t my idea to go to the strip club in daylight!” He slightly raised his tone then quickly regretted it noticed Taecyeon’s pale face.

From the ride to the mansion, he had been quiet. He kept his distance from his wife, tightly wrapping his arms around his waist- afraid to hurt her again. His eyes seemed as he was in a different place, while he followed the boys into the living room. He felt even more guilty when Nickhun had decided to stay with Yoona when Seohyun came shortly after their return home. Wasn’t it a husband’s job to protect and take care of their wives?

“Can we drop the yelling already? We are here for Yoona not for arguing...” Junho said with authority making the boys, expect Taecyeon laugh.

“Has your girlfriend affected you that much?”

“You totally sounded like a girl there!”

“... You sound like my mother”

“YAH! Shut up- at least I have a girlfriend” Junho said defending him.

“It’s my choice that I don’t have a girlfriend- I find it easier than having to always please a girl” Wooyoung casually said.

“Love isn’t having to please someone else” Chansung said innocently.

“Does our little maknae have a little crush- perhaps on Miss. Seohyun?”

The boys laughed as Chansung blushed.


“Excuse me Chansung... and friends” Seohyun softly said, making Chansung jump up on his feet, along with the other boys. It was only Taecyeon who sat on the couch, still not willing to move. Nickhun stood behind Seohyun with unreadable expression.

“How is she?” Chansung spoke up first, as the boys moved to the small girl. All ears on the words she spoke.

“Since I can’t do a blood test and she isn’t awake yet. But it’s clear to see that it’s from lack of rest and nutrition”

“So why hasn’t she woken up?” Junsu spoke up next.

“With the lack of sleep and nutrition, it will take her body a longer time heal”

“What should we do to help?

“Just make sure she is sleeping at least 8 hours a night, along that she is eating healthy”

“Thank you”

“You are welcome... well I should get going” Seohyun announced.

“I’ll take you home” Chansung stepped forward. She nodded in response. Nickhun stepped aside letting the two pass through.

No one spoke up until the sound of the door shutting, “How does she look?” Wooyoung asked, curiously.

“Terrible... she looks so tired and pale... no one should look like that”

“I want to see her”

All eyes turned to Taecyeon. It was the first time he spoke up since the fight with him and Nickhun. He looked... sad. He already standing up, ready to leave- but Nickhun stopped him with his body- placing his hand forward.

“No”

“I think I have a right to see my wife” He said through his teeth, feeling himself get more and more annoyed with Nickhun.

“You lost your right when you caused her to faint” He growled.

The boys stood back, knowing this was a battle that shouldn’t be interfered. They could feel the tension between the two friends, how their eyes showed their anger towards each other. Though the fight was over the lovely Yoona, they couldn’t blame her for the cause of the fight... but it seemed too odd to see two best friends like this,

“I don’t believe you have the right to say that rights I have and don’t have” Taecyeon took a step closer to the stairs, while Nickhun took a step closer to him- showing to fear in his eyes.

“Maybe you should let her rest before taking another round at her”

The boys watched now feeling scared, yet the boys had lost their voices to stop them. The tension seemed to just keep growing, too much that the maids in the other room were feeling the need to run away. The two boys were two now only a few feet apart, their body stiff with their chins held high and hands into tight fist... they looked like they were ready to fight.

“What the hell is going here?!” Tiffany’s voice echoed through the living room. Her face looked annoyed and tired, yet still composed a beautiful face. She took one look at the situation, “Where is Yoona?”

No one was willing to answer the angry sister.

“Is anyone going to answer me or do I need to start hurting someone” She took one step closer to the boys, crossing her arms at them.

“Yoona is upstairs, sleeping” It was Wooyoung who spoke up first.

“It’s only 5’o clock, why is she sleeping?”

Once again no one was willing to answer.

“Ask your brother what wrong with Yoona” Nickhun said icily, before he turned around and walked up the stairs to Yoona.

Everyone looked between the two siblings once again feeling the tension. Taecyeon couldn’t shake off the feeling of annoyance even though Nickhun had already left the room. While Tiffany- already tired and annoyed with a busy day at work- had come home to find a tensioned filled living room with two best friends, she already knew the reason- Yoona.

“Someone needs to tell me now” She threatens the boys, her eyes scanning the boys one-by-one. “Or do I need to force it out of you”

The boys gulped in unison, fear growing inside of them. Tiffany was usually a very kind and fun girl- they would know, they had grown up with her. Knowing that, they also were well aware of the temper she had when she was sent off... it was clear to see that Yoona was someone Tiffany cared for.

“Someone. Speak. Up. Now” She felt herself losing patience.

“We went to the strip club” Wooyoung began, finally breaking under Tiffany’s cut eyes.

One-by-one Wooyoung, Junsu and Junho continued of what had happened on today’s events; from the meeting with Yoona to the strip club and all the way to Seohyun’s check up. The whole time Tiffany had kept a composed face, never showing how or what she was feeling.... that seemed to scare the boys more than her threatening.

“Is that all?”

“Well...”

“I said... Is. That. all?”

Her voice had forced out Wooyoung to spill on the heated fight with Taecyeon and Nickhun just moments ago...Tiffany looked surprised, then her eyes turned to her brother who was now sitting quietly, his eyes staring into hers.

“Can you boys please leave the room? I need to speak with my brother.”

The boys exchanged glances with each other, still not moving- unsure of what to do.

“I said can you please leave the room” She said again.

Finally, the boys hurried out of their seats, and headed one-by-one to Yoona and Nickhun.

Tiffany waited until the last one entered the room, making sure the door had closed shut before she laid her eyes on Taecyeon. She was still stand with her arms crossed... it looked like she was a parent and he was the disobeying child.

“... What’s wrong, brother?” She asked with a worried voice.

 

--Part Two--

 

“Taec, you haven’t said anything... please talk to me. I’m worried”

“Just stop please. I can’t take it anymore” He voiced was strained as he spoke, he couldn’t dare look into the worried eyes of his sister, he looked at the palm of his hands, “Yell at me please... I hate myself... Hate me too please...”

“Taec... look at me” But he couldn’t. He was ashamed of himself, ashamed of his actions. He hated himself for it. When he didn’t respond, Tiffany got up from the couch and sat on the couch table in front of her brother and lightly held his hands, “Please tell me what’s wrong”

His eyes were watery, but he still fought hard to stop them, “I don’t understand why you can look at me this way, I’m evil”

“You aren’t evil”

“Yes... but I am. Look what I’ve done to her. HER! – She never did anything to be but all I can feel is hate for her. Just... say you hate me”

“I love you no matter what you do in your life... remember that” She spoke in her softest voice, her eyes burning into his as she gripped his hands tighter, “I know you are hurting more than you want to show, but I’m your family and I will always be your family”

Suddenly Taecyeon grabbed Tiffany’s shoulders and tightly embraced her in a hug. Tears began to form in Tiffany’s eyes, this was the first time they shared a moment like this. This was the first time, Taecyeon was willing to show his tears to his big sister. As his sobs got louder and stronger, Tiffany gently rubbed his back.

Through his sobs, he still spoke, “Sh-she pro-bably ha-hates m-e”

“It’s going to be okay, trust me” She repeated over again and again, “It’s going to be okay... Just have trust”


“How is she?” Tiffany entered Yoona’s room, her attention focused on the pale girl lying on the bed.

“She hasn’t woken up yet” Nickhun replied, looking briefly at Tiffany then back at Yoona.

He was the one closest to Yoona, standing right to her side with his arms crossed. The others were sitting on the couch across the room. Tiffany stood beside Nickhun, placing her hand on your shoulder, “She’s going to fine”

“What makes you think that?”

“She’s a strong girl. Even stronger than she looks” Tiffany smiled down at the sleeping beauty, “It’s getting late boys, I think it’s time for you guys to go home”

The boys on the couch got up without any complaints, “Good night Tiffany” they said in unison bowing their respect; Tiffany smiled bowing back and watched as the boys left.

“It’s glad to see you back, Tiff” Wooyoung flashed a smile before leaving the room.

“How is Taec?” Nickhun asked, worried

“He’s sleeping now” She turned around, giving a tired smile, “are you two okay though?”

He sighed before he spoke, “I don’t know... I’m just frustrated”

“I know, but he’s still bottling up his angry towards Yuri and reflecting it on Yoona”

“They are two different people... nothing alike”

“I know”

Tiffany watched as Nickhun eyes never left Yoona’s pale face. She didn’t know whether to smile or to frown at the sight. It was clear to say that the Thai prince was taken by Cinderella Yoona’s beauty and charm. She knew this was going to lead into something dangerous, but there was no harm letting a little crush bloom when the atmosphere seemed like a landmine.

“Sit down, you look tired” Tiffany moved from the side of the bed and gracefully sat on the couch on the other side of the room. Nickhun did was he was told and sat on a single sit next to Tiffany, but his eyes kept wandering to Yoona.

“You seem to have taken a liking to Yoona”

“I don’t like her... she’s just someone that needs protection”


“Maybe you should go home and get some rest, you can come over tomorrow”

“I wish but I’m going to Thailand again”

“I’ll inform you on how she’s doing” She smiled as they both rose from the couch and walked down to the front door without a word. She waved good bye as Nickhun entered his car and drove off.

“What are day...”

Tiffany ran her hand through her long black hair, her eyes up into the dark sky “Lord please help my brother...”


He wasn’t sure why he was here... but it was as if gravity was pulling him to her. Taecyeon watched through the door way; she was breathing lightly, slightly open. He couldn’t move pass the door, there was fear in his heart. How such a fragile girl could bring him so much fear. He wasn’t sure how long he was standing there, but after some time the still sleeping beauty moved for the first time.

She blinked once... twice... and then nothing. He wasn’t dreaming was he? Currently the guilt he was feeling wasn’t following him into his dreams was it? His legs seemed to have a mine of its own as they began to move closer to her.

He was sure she was aw- she blinked... then her eyes rested on his face. Once again with no emotion, but her breathing had got heavier and parted a bit more... somewhere deep inside of Taecyeon, he was aware that Yoona was now afraid of him.

The awkward silence dragged on, no one willing to speak. Lucky, Yoona’s breathing had got back to normal.

“Yoona... look I’m- I’m so-sorry” He wasn’t use to giving apologises so this was hurting his pride.

Blink. Blink. Blink. It had remained closed for the while night.


 For the next few days, had been such an awkward atmosphere for Taecyeon. With Tiffany busy with her work and no one else around Taecyeon was forced to stay with Yoona in case of any issues. Despite having maids around, Tiffany wouldn’t let Yoona alone.

So there he was sitting in his bedroom couch, reading. Something he hadn’t done in ages. He realized that due to Yoona’s presences, he had done so many things he hasn’t experienced in such a long time. He just wasn’t sure if it was a good or bad thing.

Yoona only woke up a couple times throughout the days, and whenever she did, Taec would quickly call the maids so Yoona would eat. And each time, he was observe from a distance; every since that day he had been afraid of lying a single finger on the fragile beauty. After she would eat, she somehow fell back asleep.

Today seemed different; Yoona had woken up more times and even spoken a few words to the maids. They were kind’s words, saying thank you, great food, things Taecyeon never thought of saying to the help. She had got more colour in her skin, she moved more in her sleep. At this rate, Taec had to actually speak to her now... and it feared him.

At around the afternoon, Yoona stirred away once again. She pushed herself to sit against the headboard, she never noticed that her husband had been watching her every move till, her eyes caught her favourite book in his hand. They stared at each other, Taec’s eyes burning for unanswered questions while Yoona remained dull.

He hesitated as he spoke “... I’ll... get the maids” He stood up, aware that a pair of eyes was watching every move he made. Yoona reminded him of those glass dolls that scared him when he was younger.

“They seem busy...” He was speaking more to himself then to Yoona. When he turned around Yoona was still watching him, “Are you hungry?”

She never answered expect she flipped the covers over, “WAIT!- Tiffany wants you to stay in bed... I’ll get your food, okay?.. Just stay in bed, please!” Yoona briefly looked at him and nodded before looking away to the window.

He returned with a tray of warm food, he walked in smiling awkwardly. “I’m not sure what you like to eat, so I just took food that looked healthy” He placed the tray into her lap, and awkwardly sat beside her.

“Let me feed you” Yoona looked at him without saying a word, she let her hands rest on her lap. He knew it meant a yes.

He fed her in silence, she avoided his gaze by looking behind him to the wall.

To the world it would look like a scene out of a drama; husband feeding sick wife. But this wasn’t a love story. It was far from love. Yoona had nothing be fear in her heart when she thought of Taecyeon. Guilt still consumed Taceyeon body.

When she finished, she looked at him for the first time and blinked... somehow he understood what she meant; thank you.

“You’re welcome”

He got up, the tray in his hands and began moving toward the door. In the door frame, he had stopped himself , “Look Yoona, I’m sorry for everything... We can start new... wouldn’t you like that?” He sounded like a cheesy lover, but he didn’t care. He wanted his guilt heart to go away.

No answer.

He turned around only to find Yoona asleep once again... he wondered if she had heard anything.

“...Why is it so hard to talk to her?... Why the hell am I trying so hard to talk to her anyway?!”


At around 6’o clock, Taecyeon had heard voices coming from the front door. He had moved himself to the living room after the awkward conversation run-in earlier that day. He was finishing the book he found in his room, finally it truly interesting. The voice just seemed to get louder and louder.

He stood up, walking slowly grabbing something as continued walking. Towards the door, 1 2 3...he opened the door

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

“What the hell Taecyeon?!”

Taeyeon had opened his eyes, his arms dropped to his sides, “Why are you holding an umbrella?”

“Jaebom and Jessica?”

“How many times have I told you to call me Jay!” The fairly short yet handsome man lightly brushed Taecyeon as he walked inside the door like he owed the place.

“Sorry about him, he’s cranky from the plane right here” Jessica smiled, “It’s nice to see you again”

Taecyeon moved to the side to let the blonde beauty inside.


“So where is this wife of yours?” Jay spoke in English.

All three of them had lived in America in some time of their life. They had got use to speaking English.

“Oh yeah!” Jessica clapped her hands together, “You got married right? Sorry we forgot to bring a wedding gift”

“Is she pretty?” Jay winked

“Dude... your wife is right there” Taecyeon eye Jessica who was smiling.

“Don’t worry, I’m not the jealous type” Jessica smiled, and her hand swiftly moved to lightly hit Jay’s side.

The two married just a little over a year ago when they turned 22. They have been together since the second year of high school- shortly before Taecyeon had met Yuri. The moment they had met the first year of high school being in the same homeroom, and instantly they had hated each other. Jessica- at the time was known to be an ice princess- she had beauty but her personality had to be deeply uncovered... like ice berg. Jessica was Tiffany’s friend while Jay was Taecyeon’s. Jay had more of an open personality, being a joker and an amazing dancer. In the beginning of the school year, they had offend avoid each other due to their clashing personality but after one simple project, Jay had suddenly taken interest in the ice princess. It had taken him almost a year to get Jessica’s icy heart to melt, but he did it, and every since second year they had been together. After their wedding they moved to America to attend school.  

“Where is she though?” Jay was curious to see who captured Taecyeon’s heart after his first love. He secretly though that from the heartbreak Taecyeon would end up becoming a priest.

“Sleeping...” Due to their curious faces, he spilled the beans.

“Wow... we missed a lot right, honey?” Jay was speechless.

“Yeah.. We should have come earlier...”

Taecyeon...

The three looked up to where the voice came from; on top of the stairs was a Yoona dressed in her pj’s, she covered her upper body with her arms. Automatically, Taecyeon rose up from his seat, “Yoona...”

Image

 

 author's note: Sorry for the delay in the chapter... I had so much work from school, I swear I was going to pass out xD But I'm back now. Hope you enjoy :)

 

» layout credit