Chapter 20

Breaking the Ice Hearts

 

CHAPTER twenty

 

The beach house was oddly quiet for the bright morning. Everyone was out for breakfast, leaving only Yoona and Taecyeon. The group wouldn't be back till late afternoon after they've done some sightseeing. Yoona was up and awake, and fully dressed. 

In an hour Taecyeon and Yoona needed to leave to attend brunch with a client. 

Currently, Taecyeon was still sleeping in bed, probably hung over from drinking with the guys after the wedding party. She didn't even know that time Taecyeon went to bed because she had fallen asleep early. 

Now she regretted giving permission to Taecyeon.

At the time, she didn't think much of such a question. She was rather confused and startled that he even asked for permission. She wasn't his mother, but of course she was his wife, and that was something getting use to still. 

She checked the clock once again; it was already 5 minutes had passed. For sure now she needed to wake up her sleeping beast. 

The idea of waking up her husband seemed too imitate for her but she had no choice now, they were "partners" now. 

Soon she found herself awkwardly standing in front of the bed. Taecyeon was laying on his right side, his face facing the large window. His mouth was slightly open, with signs that he had been drooling. 

Yoona leaned over; elbowing his arm, "Wake up" 

It was weak attempt to wake Taecyeon up and of course it received no reply from him. Rather, he began snoring. 

Yoona sighed; she needed to physically wake him up. One step at a time, she found herself closer, she sat down beside Taecyeon. 

Awkwardly she began poking his arm until he his back, snoring louder. Yoona began to wonder how she could sleep through Taecyeon's loud snoring.... No, she shook her head to clear her mind. She needed to get him up and awake. 

"Wake up!" She said louder, hitting his arm multiple times. 

Taecyeon groaned, pushing her arm away in his sleep. 

"Get up!" Yoona was getting annoyed now. She began slapping his stomach as hard as she could. 

Suddenly, Taecyeon grabbed Yoona's arm, pulling her down. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder, making it almost impossible for Yoona to escape. Yoona found herself frozen in Taecyeon's arm. He had done this all subconsciously but she was still shock and also embarrassed. 

She found herself feeling warm.

After 10 minutes, Taecyeon finally showed signs of waking up. He began to stretch, immediately noticing he was holding to something, or rather someone. A small smile was brought to his face, believing perhaps he was still dreaming. 

"Hmm.." He mumbled into Yoona's hair, inhaling her sweet smell "... Yuri" 

Yoona's eyes widen, in reaction she elbowed his stomach, fully waking Taecyeon up. She sat up, facing away from Taecyeon, who was now groaning in pain as he moved to his side. 

"I'm going to kill you" He moaned, clearly not thinking straight, "God, this hurts!" 

Yoona found herself blushing, she didn't realize her small body could hurt someone like Taecyeon. 

He finally opens his eyes when the pain subsided, sitting up quickly. 

"Oh God", He just told Yoona that he was going to kill her, but what's worst is that he mistaken her as Yuri.

Before he could say something else, Yoona gracefully stood, her back still facing him. 

This was totally out of Yoona's comfort zone, making her feel extremely uncomfortable. 

"Get ready,” She said shortly, "Or we are going to be late"

She left room, giving Taecyeon space to get ready but also giving her heart time to recover.

After 45 minutes, Taecyeon came out of their room freshly showered and dressed. As soon as he exited, he found Yoona sitting comfortably on the couch, reading a book. She seemed unaware of his presence so far. 

"Let's go" 

Yoona looked up and the atmosphere was overcome with awkwardness. Clearly earlier mishap still lingered in their minds. Mistaking Yoona as Yuri was worst than hugging her last night, and to make things worst he had trapped her in his arms while asleep. He was finally getting somewhere with Yoona and now it seemed it was already going downhill.

Nothing ever seemed to go right with their relationship. 

Despite the mishap this morning, the car ride was filled with informing Yoona with a special client and family-friend, which they were heading off to meet. Yoona nodded every few sentences, to verify she was actually listening. She was fitting into the role of the trophy wife and bussiness women perfectly. 

In no time they had arrived at the front of their destination. Yoona was too consumed rereading of the clients profile and other information that she was caught off guard when Taecyeon called her out as he held the car door for her. 

"Sorry" She mumbled, carefully getting out of the car. 

Taecyeon straighten up, clearing his throat to catch Yoona's attention. His face appeared serious once again. From his serious appearance, Yoona knew it was time to push aside all feelings and tension between to the two of them.

Yoona showed no hesitation to holding onto Taecyeon's arm. 

"Ready?" He asked, looking down at Yoona.

She nodded her head, her eyes straight ahead, "Let's go" 


Taeyeon smiled happily to herself, finishing her exam rather early. With everyone else still in classrooms, the walk in the university was quiet. Just another day and she'll be reunited with her cousin, Yoona. She slowly made her way down the hill, yawning every now and then. It's been days since she had a good rest because she's been too busy with school and work. 

From a distance, she noticed a familiar figure resting on the car. Taeyeon sighed, feeling rather annoyed. She told the guys she didn't need a ride or any sort of protection. She's been perfectly fine walking home since the walk home always cleared her mind. 

"What are you doing here?" The question came across rude but Woo young didn't seem to care. 

He lazily pushed himself off the car, "Get in" He said with the same tone as Taeyeon.

She sighed loudly, "I'm fine, no thank you" 

He walked around; still making no eye contact, "Don't make things difficult, I'm doing you a favor" 

She scoffed, rolling her eyes. Seriously, this guy.... She thought

Rather than reply back, she began to walk away, ignoring the fact that he had a car. 

"Has anyone told you that you can be quite a difficult girl?" 

Woo young was following Taeyeon in his car. The passenger seat window was rolled down so he was able to simply lean over to talk to Taeyeon. 

Taeyeon once again ignored the comment and continued to walk. 

Woo young sighed in defeat, Taeyeon was more hardheaded than he is.  Anyways, he needed Taeyeon to tolerate him enough to do this favor for him. 

"Alright look Taeyeon, I'm sorry for calling you difficult" Woo young tried to speak as sincere as he could. He wasn't use to apologizing. 

Taeyeon continued to walk, not even caring about his apology. 

Woo young bit his tongue so he wouldn't yell in frustration. Taeyeon knew how push his buttons. 

Without her noticing, he got out of his car and stopped Taeyeon from walking any farther. 

"Be my girlfriend" He said plain and simple. 

He found himself surprised with Taeyeon reaction, or lack of it. 

She stood with no expression on her face, believing it was some sort of cruel joke. 

"No thank you” She said in a monotone voice, and walked around him. 

The girl could be the death of him...

He was quick on his feet and stopped her again, "I'm not really asking you to be my girlfriend. I just need you to pretend for a few weeks" 

"I'm feeling very insulted right now" She said sarcastically. 

"I'll pay you"

She glared; now really feeling insulted "I'm not someone you can buy with money" 

"Ugh" He yelled in frustration, "Just do me this one favor for a few weeks and I'll leave you alone" 

Taeyeon seemed to like what he offered, "What's the reason behind needing a fake girlfriend?" 

"I need my mother to lay off with the marriage meetings" Hiding the part of his mother thinking he is gay. 

Taeyeon titled her head, "But you like Tiffany"

Woo young found himself out of air and frozen in place. 

When he couldn't reply, Taeyeon continued, "I see the way you look at her and I remember you asking me about her" 

Still he was unable to reply, shocked that Taeyeon was able to read him so easily. 

"Why don't you just ask her to be your pretend girlfriend? At least then you can get closer to her" 

"You know what? Forget it. Never mind, I shouldn't have asked" He gave up, not wanting to answer her question because honestly the answer wasn't what he wanted. His mother wouldn't believe that Tiffany, an old friend and a famous fashion designer would fall for a guy like Woo young. 

He found himself walking away in defeat. Now how was he going to explain this to his mother? 

Taeyeon cursed under her breathe, she hated getting involve in people's personal matter. This was no different for Taeyeon, but the defeated look on Woo young’s face made Taeyeon feel guilty. 

She slowly turned around, "I'll do it. I'll pretend to be your girlfriend, Jang Woo young" 

She was going to regret this one way or another.


The walked hand-in-hand as they made their way inside the restaurant. Some workers who were patiently waiting for their arrival happily greeted them. Prior to the marriage, Taecyeon was well known for his good looks and well-built body.  Taecyeon paid no attention to when the two girls had cheerfully welcomed them in English. Yoona, on the other hand, nodded her head in acknowledgement.

As the couple walked passed the two girls, Taecyeon couldn't help but over hear them beginning to gossip in their language, whispering on the couple's looks and compatibility. 

"It should be a brief meeting, Mr. Lee Soo Man isn't man who stays in one spot despite his age" He informed Yoona as they sat alone at the table.

The restaurant was empty, leaving the two, and the workers alone to the silence. The restaurant was especially reserved for the meeting. Lee Soo Man was an important friend to the family and also required special treatment.

"I'm not old" The voice came from behind the couple. Taecyeon laughed whole-heartedly at the comment, while Yoona shocked at his sudden arrival.

The young couple rose up in respected and bowed. Lee Soo Man extended his hand out for Taecyeon, who gave a firm handshake.

"It's been awhile since we last saw each other isn't it?" He smiled, "You've grown up a lot haven't you" He threw a glance at Yoona, who awkwardly stood beside her husband.

Taecyeon chuckled, "This is wife, Ok Yoona"

Yoona bowed once again, "Hello" she said in a soft voice.

The older gentlemen looked at her appearance and grinned, showing his approval. 

"You've been the talk of the town, Yoona" He watched Yoona's body language; clearly uncomfortable with the attention she's been receiving. 

"Let's seat down and order before the chit-chat" Taecyeon, once again took the lead in the conversation. 

Lee Soo Man smirked at the young gentleman, proud that Taecyeon had grown up to be such a fine businessman. 

Once the three were settled down, silence filled the air as the three were consumed with the menu in their hands. Taecyeon and Mr. Lee were exchange a few recommendations. Yoona scanned the English-written menu for anything familiar, but found nothing. 

After a few short minutes, the waiter appeared with a pen and notepad in hand. He seemed too eager to be waiting on customers, but he too was aware of Taecyeon's wealth and importance. He also hoped to take a few glances at his wife. 

"Are we all set to order?" He spoke in English with a thick accent. 

The two men had no problem replying their order back in English, Lee Soo Man looked at Yoona, who was still starting down at the menu.

There was an awkward silence as the three men waited for Yoona's reply. 

"She'll just get what I'm getting, except she'll have it with chicken and not beef" Taecyeon said finally realizing Yoona inability to read English. 

The waiter nodded, carefully grabbing the menus out of the table.

"You don't eat beef?" Lee Soo Man asked, in hopes to learn more about Yoona

Instead of Yoona's answer, Taecyeon was the one who spoke, "She doesn't like beef" 

The couple was both in shock at Taecyeon's knowledge in her preference. They exchanged an uncomfortable stare, unsure how to what to say or do next. 

Lee Soo Man laughed, unaware of the couple's strange glances, "You sure do know your woman, Taecyeon" 

Taecyeon found himself awkwardly laughing

"You know Yoona, I've only seen Taecyeon with one woman... What was her name again?"

He pondered for a second before he continued, "Oh that doesn't matter now right?" Clearly only talking to Yoona now,

"He was so heart-broken when he broke up with that girl. You'd think the world was coming to an end" He laughed, unaware of Taecyeon's tense body. 

"You were going to marry that girl, weren't you?" 

"Yeah" He said through his teeth. 

The older man shook his head, "What a shame.... But I'm sure you know all of this, Yoona. I can only talk about the petty past now that Taecyeon is happily married" 

Yoona forced herself to smile, clearly aware of Taecyeon's rising anger. 

"Oh, I almost forgot. I need to give you these papers" Lee Soo Man bent down in reach into his brief case. While he was down, Taecyeon breathed out, slowly calming himself.

"Look them over with your lawyers, but I'm certain everything is to the according of your parent's request."

Taecyeon took the papers, quickly throwing a glance before he placed them into his suitcase, still feeling annoyed. 


Woo young tapped impatiently at the front door of Taeyeon's house. It was the first time he's seen her house in the daylight, he found it small but rather cozy. Waiting at the door gave him the odd feeling as if they were going on a date. He almost gagged at the thought. He just needed to survive this meeting with his mother and little sister and after he could just pretend they had broken up. 

At that moment, Taecyeon had open the door with a tray in one hand. Unconsciously, he had checked her out, a terrible habit of a Casanova. She was dressed in a modest sundress that showed only a bit of her milky white legs. Her long hair was out of her usual bun into soft curls. 

"You look... nice" 

Taeyeon stepped out the door, "Hold this" and handed him the tray, totally ignoring his comment just a second ago.

"What's inside?" He asked Taeyeon while she was busy locking her front door.

"Lemon squares. There were a huge hit at my previous church" 

She took the tray back into her hands, "It will only be a few hours correct?" 

"Just lunch with mother and younger sister" 

Taeyeon yawned, "Alright, let's go then"

The ride to Woo young’s parent's home was short but somehow Taeyeon was pass asleep beside him. He found it amusing that Taeyeon could always manage to fall asleep in the car. With no time to waste he began to lightly shake her, Taeyeon squirmed and opened her eyes up. He reminded her of a little kitten. 

"Sorry" She said when she was fully aware of her surroundings

Woo young brushed off her apology, already getting out of the car, "Come on, they're waiting inside for us" 

Taeyeon nodded and followed along, trying to match with his large footsteps, "Is there anything I need to know about your family?" 

"Nope" 

Taeyeon glanced up at him, with a questioning looking. Just as Taeyeon was about to reply, Woo young’s mother had stepped out of the house, waving at the two.

"Woo young!" She called from afar, still unable to see Taeyeon's face clearly.

"Omma" Woo young grinned, quicken his step to greet his mother. After a brief hug, Woo young stepped aside to introduce, 

"Taeyeon?" Woo young’s mother asked, as a wide smile grew on her face.

Taeyeon was in shock, "Mrs. Jang?" 

Mrs. Jang turned to her son, "Your girlfriend is Kim Taeyon? Why didn't you tell me any sooner?" 

Woo young watched as his mother embraced Taeyeon into a tight hug, feeling confused, shocked and even more confused. 

"You two know each other?" 

"Taeyeon use to attend my church. She had a voice of an angel and amazing baking skill- Oh are those your famous lemon squares?" Mrs. Jang took the tray from Taeyeon, "Lizzy will be so happy to see you again. She talks about you all the time, you know?"

Taeyeon simply smiled, throwing a helpless glance at Woo young, which was still wrapping around the idea of this small world. 

"Come inside, both of you. Lunch is ready!" Mrs. Jang turned around, with a little hop in each step, 

Before Taeyeon could follow behind, Woo young grabbed her arm, "What the hell is that about?" 

"I'm as confused as you are, I didn't know Mrs. Jang is your mother" 

Woo young dropped his arm, sighing in frustration. "What is your problem?" Taeyeon asked feeling rather annoyed with his hot and cold behavior. 

"UNNIE" Lizzy yelled from the doorway. 

Taeyeon laughed as Lizzy ran towards her and almost caused her to fall when she hugged her. 

"It's good to see you Liz" She hugged back when she found balance.

Lizzy pulled away but still held on to Taeyeon's hands, "I've miss you so much! Masses aren't the same with your voice" 

Taeyoen giggled, "You're an amazing singer too Lizzy, don't forget that!" 

Lizzy pouted, "But still.." 

"Break it up you too" Woo young grabbed a held of his sister, "You go help mom with the food" 

"Fine" She said defeated and began to walk away but turned around when she reached, "I have so much things to tell Unnie!!" 

Taeyeon watched as Lizzy disappeared before she released a tired sigh. 

"What's your problem?"

Lizzy was a girl with an endless supply of stories. She loved to talked and

Taeyeon looked up, glaring, "A few hours you say... What a bunch of lies" 

With those words Taeyeon walked away from Woo young. 


Taecyeon slammed the car door, stomping away in annoyance. His hands curled into tight fist, his teeth clenched, he wasn't to be disturbed. He was mumbling something under his breath.

Knowing this quick hot temper, Yoona stayed behind and watched as Taecyeon almost broke the front door. Yoona stood quietly alone, letting her thoughts consume her. The meeting had overall gone well, Lee Soon Man wasn't only a family friend to the Ok's but also a shareholder to the corporation. The elder seemed to take a enjoying to Yoona, who barely spoke but enjoyed to listen to his stories about anything. 

Yoona waited a few minutes before she entered the mansion, giving Taeceyon his much-needed space. She didn't want to be around if Taecyeon lost his temper again. It had taken weeks for her bruise to heal from the last time Taecyeon had lost his composure on her. 

For almost 24 hours, Taecyeon had proven himself a great "partner". He was polite and patient, and most importantly, he gave Yoona her much needed space. He seemed... Happy now. There was no longer a feeling of uneasiness between the two. He wasn't so tense anymore. But something that Mr. Lee had said today that made Taecyeon restore back to his angry self.

Yoona had naively noticed the his change in behavior half way through brunch when she saw Taecyeon gripping the edge of his chair. 

She wasn't sure what made him change but she didn't like it. 

Tiffany and her famous eye smile greeted Yoona. "Welcome back Yoona, come sit. I'm just watching a movie"

"What movie?" Yoona asked

"Honestly, I don't know" She chuckled, "I just saw it on a channel and I've been trying to figure the movie title"  

Yoona nodded, ending the conversation short but Tiffany was determined to continue.

"How was brunch with Mr. Lee?" Tiffany asked, throwing a glance at Yoona

Yoona smiled, "Mr. Lee is a nice man" 

"And Taecyeon? Did he behave?" 

Yoona hesitated in answering, he did behave. "...Yeah" 

"Did something happen? He didn't look to pleasant when he came inside" 

She sighed, "I... Don't know" 

Tiffany nodded, believing Yoona, "Why don't you get ready for Nickhun's concert, I saw Taecyeon head to the gym so your room should be clear" 

Tiffany waited until Yoona disappeared into her room before she made her way into the gym where she found Taecyeon. He didn't notice her presence as he was too busy in his own little world. Taecyeon was already starting to perspirate as he continues to punch the bag as if his life depended on it.

She watched until her heart couldn't bare the painful feeling, clearing loud enough to gain Taecyeon attention.

"Hey" She said softly, noticing the fire in his eyes.

Taecyeon stopped for only a moment before he continued with his exercise.

Tiffany sighed but was determined, "What happened with Mr. Lee?"

"Nothing" He snapped.

Tiffany walked close enough to feel his warmth, "Taecyeon, I'm not leaving this room until you at least talk about it" 

Taecyeon dropped his arms, "Dammit Tiffany, can't you just leave me alone" 

"Ever since you came back from brunch, you mood has been sour. Did you see anyone you didn't want to see?" 

Taecyeon's brow drew close in confusion ,"What are you talking about?" 

"Never mind" She answered quickly, "Did you do something stupid? You did bring the contract right?" 

He rolled his eyes in annoyance, "Yes. I would have made you proud, mother' 

Tiffany ignored his sarcastic remark, "What really happened at the meeting? Something is bothering you" 

Taecyeon walked away and grabbed his water bottle, gulping down half the bottle before he spoke. 

"Can you just drop it Tiffany? I don't need you to constantly checking up on me anymore" 

Tiffany scoffed, clearly taken back by his bold (and rude) comeback. 

With nothing else to say, Tiffany walked away. 

For an hour, Taecyeon stayed in the small gym, alone. He was desperately trying to suppress the angry and frustration he had towards himself. Not only did he realized he still loved the women who left him, he had also fought with his beloved older sister. 

Jay entered the gym and greeted him happily, as he hoped on the treadmill besides Taecyeon. And began chatting about the guy's night today with little reply back from Taecyeon.

It wasn't long before Jay noticed Taecyeon foul mood. 

"Hey man, what's on your mind?" Jay asked, trying to balance his attention on Taecyeon's face while running. 

Taecyeon shook his head, not wanting to talking about. 

Aside from Nickhun, Jay was also one of the closet to Taecyeon in the group. But due to moving away, it was hard for the two to keep in contact often. 

"Look man, I know you don't want to talk about it but what ever is on your mind is just going to continue to bother you. You might as well talk about it to someone who cares" 

Taecyeon allowed Jay's profound words settle in his mind and before he knew it, his guarded walls came crumbling down. 

"I'm just mad" He found himself gripping the treadmill handles tighter, "With myself" 

"What did you do?" 

Taecyeon shook his head, "Mr. Lee brought up Yuri at brunch today. And I realized I still love her as much as I did when I first met her" 

Jay felt his heart break at Taecyeon's sudden confession ,"A broke heart takes time to heal" 

Taecyeon gave a sad smile, "It's been almost three years and I'm still hoping that one day she'll come back" 

"You clearly don't mean that... You're a married man, Taec" 

"It's not a marriage out of love" 

Jay felt his face turning red from frustration. "You're lucky you're parents don't care who you marry unlike other wealthy parents. What IF Yuri comes back, will you accept her so easily?

Taecyeon fell silent.

Jay laughed, "I hope you're realize you're being ridiculous and simply childish" 

Unable to tolerate his growing frustration, Jay hopped off the machine but not before he could say what he thought, "Yoona is a great girl for being able to tolerate all the pain you've put her through. As much as I love and care for you, Taecyeon, you need to start realizing the world isn't just about you" 


A few hours later, and with no Taecyeon, the house fell into a peaceful state. Aside from Yoona, Jay and Tiffany, no one seemed aware if the drama that occurred earlier in the day. The girls were all in Tiffany's room, happily getting ready fro Nickhun's last concert, while the boys were spread out throughout the whole house.

Despite feeling annoyed, Tiffany wasn't going to let the actions of her childish little brother ruin a night of fun so she plastered a smiled and laughed with Jessica and Hyoyeon. The girls were eagerly getting ready for Nickhun's concert. They had even bought backstage passes for this rare occasion. Since Jessica's marriage and move to America, it was difficult for the three best friends to reunite. Jessica and Tiffany were still in the bedroom doing the finishing touches on their outfits. 

Meanwhile, Hyoyeon and Yoona were already dressed and ready to leave. The two preoccupied themselves in the kitchen, packing snacks for the trip and concert. They worked in silence, with Hyoyeon asking questions and making general remarks to ease the awkwardness. Yoona tried her best to reply with sentences rather than one or two words. 

The trip made Yoona feel more comfortable with the group but she would have felt more at ease with her cousin around. Even Taecyeon was trying his best to make Yoona feel at home with the group. With all the groups’ efforts, Yoona was trying her best to break out of her shell but it was still proving to be difficult for her. 

After another 30 hour, Jessica and Tiffany entered the kitchen, with bright smiles on their faces. 

"Are you ladies ready for the best night of your lives?" Jessica jokingly asked. 

Hyoyeon playfully rolled her eyes, "I think it's the best day of YOUR life"

Tiffany laughed along with the other two girls, "You are Nickhun's number one fan, Jess" 

"Alright alright, let's just leave before we're late" Jessica pouted, already grabbing her pursue. 

They girls arrived at the event safe and happy. This was the first time Yoona had seen Jessica acting childish, that it almost made her laugh. Jessica hopped cheerfully a few steps ahead of the other girls. Tiffany had her arm securely linked with Yoona’s while Hyoyeon was busily texting her boyfriend. Jessica led the way to the backstage door, where there was Nickhun’s manger patiently waiting for the girls.

Yoona was in awe with the large crowd of Nickhun’s fans. She never realized how famous her new friend was. He seemed so… normal; A normal person who only treated Yoona with a kind heart.

Nickhun’s manger led the girls inside the air-condition building, happily chatting with Hyoyeon and Jessica. Yoona followed , her eyes darting left and right. Finally they stopped in front of a white door.

“Nickhun is right through this door. Since the concert is starting soon, we’ll need to you ladies to your seats soon”

The manger opened the door, revealing Nickhun’s . Nickhun, who was certainly unaware of his new guests was busily practicing his songs with the assistance of his vocal teacher.

His manger turned bright red and the girls turned to away in embarrassment. “Ahem”

Nickhun turned around to the sound of his manger’s voice and found the girls all turned away. He, too, found himself blushing.

“I’m sorry girls, I didn’t realized you were coming. Let me grab a shirt”

Jessica giggled, “That would be a wonderful idea”

Unknown to the other girls and Yoona, herself was overcome with butterflies; A new and strange feeling.

After a few minutes Nickhun came out with a white tee on, “Thank you all for coming. I greatly appreciate it”

“No need to thank us, Khun. What are friends for?” Nickhun smiled at Hyoyeon’s words and warmly embraced the small blonde-haired girl. 

Jessica pouted, “Yah. What about the rest of us? Where’s our hug?”

The group laughed at Jessica’s childish behavior.

“Of course, where are my manners?” And quickly gave a big hug to Jessica.

When they pulled away, Tiffany and Hyoyeon were shaking their heads, “What is your husband going to say when he hears about this?”

Jessica playfully sticking her tongue out, “He doesn’t need to know!!”

After sharing a brief hug with Tiffany, Yoona stood awkwardly beside Nickhun, unsure what to do. Nickhun chuckled before he pulled her into a warm embrace.

The butterflies in Yoona’s stomach intensified and she found herself blushing. She stood frozen as his arms were wrapped around her waist and his face buried in her sweet smelling hair.

After a few seconds, Yoona began to wiggle her way out of the embrace but before Nickhun could drop his arm, Jessica called for a picture.

“You two look adorable, stay still” She pulled her camera out

 “Put your arm around her, Khun… Okay, that’s good! Ready…. One…Two… Three” Click Click

Jessica and Hyoyeon smiled at the photo as Tiffany quietly eyed the two in front. Yoona immediately stepped away from Nickhun causing his arm to drop.

“Did you want to see the picture?” Jessica asked, unaware of the situation between the three.

Nickhun casually laughed but shook his head, “I should get going now. My concert is about to start. I’ll let my manger hyung to you girls to your seats”

As the girls were escorting out, Nickhun grabbed Tiffany’s arm.

“I’m so sorry” He was being selfish for agreeing to the photo because he knew very well that if he pursued this path, things would only get ugly.

Tiffany gave a bitter smile and patted his hand, “I’m not the one you should be apologizing to…”


What was suppose to be a lunch with Woo young’s family turned into a whole day with the Jang family. And even though she enjoyed every minute catching up with Lizzy and her mother, she couldn't help but keep glancing at the clock whenever she had the chance. 

Woo young seemed... Gentler with his family members around. No snarky remarks and glares from Woo young. Though there were some awkward moments when Woo young would casually hold her hand and kiss her forehead and Taeyeon would find herself flinching, no one seemed to notice. 

"Taeyeon, why don't you help me grab desserts" Ms. Jang asked

Taeyeon stood up from the table, with a small smile on her face, "Of course" 

As soon as the two left, Lizzy turned to her older brother, "I like her Oppa. You should actually date her" 

Woo young rolled his eyes and continued to finish his dinner "I know you like her, Lizzy. You haven't left her side since she came through the door"

Lizzy paused in mid-thought, "... I wonder what happened to her boyfri - , I mean, ex-boyfriend. Well... That doesn't matter, right Oppa? She's your girlfriend now" 

"Fake girlfriend" Woo young glared.

Lizzy smirked, "Fake, real... Doesn't matter. Taeyeon is Oppa's girlfriend now" 

Woo young finally had enough of his sister's annoying remarks and stood up, "One more word for you about this situation and I'm tell home where you were last week!" 

In the kitchen, Ms. Jang and Taeyeon were grabbing the dessert out of fridge and oven. Hearing that Taeyeon was Woo young’s current girlfriend had made Ms. Jang's life as a mother. She was worried that her son had different interest. Not only was her son was straight but he was dating the perfect daughter-in-law. 

"Taeyeon..." Ms. Jang watched as Taeyeon stood straight, "Yes, and Ms. Jang?" 

"Thank you. For being with my son" The older lady close the gap between the hug and embraced her in a hug, "Please be patient with my son, he has a temper and hates to be wrong. Stay with him and guide him" 

Taeyeon froze hearing Ms. Jang's honest words. She was overcome with guilt, Taeyeon was lying to someone she greatly adored and respect. 

After dinner and a few hours watching home videos, the Jang's called it a night. Before leaving, Ms. Jang took another chance to thank Taeyeon for being with Woo young.  

The car ride was quiet and Woo young assumed Taeyeon was asleep like always, but in actuality she was consumed in her thoughts and guilt. When they stopped at her house, he was surprised to find already Taeyeon wide-awake. 

"Thanks -" 

"Wait Woo young. Let me talk first" Taeyeon looked at her hands before meeting him eye-to-eye, "I know I said I could pretend to be your girlfriend for a little awhile but I don't think I can do this. I can't lie to your mother like this... We need to break up" 

Woo young said nothing for a few minutes, "I'm tired. Let's talk about this tomorrow" 

Taeyeon sighed in frustration, "Didn't you hear what I just said?"

"And did you forget your word? You said you'd help me" 

Taeyeon looked at him in pure annoyance. Silently she shook her head and left the car without another word.

Woo young would be the death of her....  


The mansion was quiet when Taecyeon entered at 3'o clock in the morning. With the fight with Tiffany and his best friend, Jay, he decided he needs a break from the group. He had called up a few family friends who were also at the Philippines to have a drink. Time flew by until it began to rain heavily. It was then the group of friends called it a night.

Quietly, he tiptoed into the dark hallway into his bedroom, brushing off any water on himself. The first thing he noticed was an empty bed. Quickly he went back to the living room to see if Yoona had fallen asleep on the couch. When he found no Yoona, he began to check kitchen, the gym, and the indoor pool, basically any room.

But he found no Yoona anywhere in the house. Suddenly he felt his heart begin to pound harder than the rain outside. 

Immediately he went upstairs to Tiffany's room. 

Frantically he knocked on her door, "Tiffany, is Yoona in your room?" He continued to bang on the door.

Finally the door opened and revealed the half-awaken beauty. Confusion was written all over her face, "What?" 

"Is Yoona in your room?" He tiptoed to see beyond Tiffany, trying to see into her room.

Tiffany's eyes widen, "No. She's not in your room?" 

On the other side of the hallway, Chansung and Nickhun woke up to the sound of Taecyeon's loud voice . 

"What's wrong?" Chansung asked followed by a yawn. 

Tiffany was now worried, "Have you seen Yoona?" 

The two boys shook their head in confusion. 

"Oh God" Tiffany looked back into her bedroom, to the window, "Do you think she went outside?" 

Nickhun, followed by Chansung crossed the hallway to join the two

Tiffany's eyes widen in horror and fear "Oh God. Taecyeon, what if she's outside in the pouring rain? Taecyeon, you need to find her!" 

Without another word, Taecyeon and the other two boys grabbed umbrellas, flashlights, and their sneakers. 

By now the Hyoyeon, Jessica, Junho and Jay were all awaken by the commotion. 

"Do you boys have your phones?" Tiffany asked 

The three nodded, "Good. Call one of us if you find her!"


Yoona shivered when she heard thunder. Ever since she was a little girl, she hated the sound of thunder. As she grew older, thunder not only reminded her of sleepless nights but also of her father's death because on that very night there was thunder and lightening with the pouring rain. 

She was sitting on the cold ground with her knees up to her chest. Her arms wrapped around her small legs and her head low, she wished more than ever for Taeyeon to be at her side. Taeyeon's soulful voice and her mother embrace were the only things that could calm her during these kinds of night. 

With no mother and Taeyeon, she prayed to a god who she didn't believe in for some sort of comfort. 

She was stupid to think a walk around the beach would tire her out after the exciting concert. Not only did she get lost but also when raindrops started falling, she hid into a cave. The rain was followed by thunder and lightening and Yoona found herself trapped inside a cave with no one knowing her whereabouts. 

"Yoona?" The deep voice came from outside the cave, Yoona looked up, "Yoona, is that you?" 

When she was about to answer, the sound of thunder echoed through the skies and Yoona buried her head in her arms. Her body began to shake again. 

"You idiot"

The voice now was closer than before but Yoona couldn't even lift her head up in fear. 

She felt something warm and dry wrap around arms. 

"Come on, we need to go back" She could feel someone tagging on her arm. 

Thunder shook the ground and Yoona putted her knees closer to her chest. 

She felt someone sit beside her and pulled her body closer to their chest. The person wrapped their arm around her small frame and began rubbing her arm to create warmth. 

"It's going to be okay... You'll be fine" The person mumbled, repeating the words over and over again.

After awhile her body stopped shivering her, and somehow she was able to fall asleep.

... In the arms of Taecyeon, where she felt warmth and safe. 


Tiffany gave a sigh of relief as she got off the phone with her younger brother. 

She turned around to face the group, including Nickhun and Chansung who had just arrived, to hear the good news. 

"Taecyeon found Yoona, and they're waiting for the rain to calm down before they travel back" 

Everyone smiled, feeling comforted that Yoona and Taecyeon were safe and sound. 

Slowly everyone returned back to their respective rooms, except Nickhun, who still looked worried. 

"Hey" Tiffany lightly placed a hand on his shoulder, "You should go back to sleep. You just had a concert" 

Nickhun smiled, "You go bed, I'll be alright" 

"They're fine... Yoona is fine" When Tiffany realized Nickhun wasn't leaving the living room anytime soon, she patted is back and began to make her way to room. 

Nickhun stood alone in the empty room, watching the rain pour outside. He stood there for who knows how long, waiting for the rain to calm down, but after awhile his own tiredness had caused him to return back to his bedroom. 

Part of him was happy, Yooan and his very best friend were safe but the other part was sad that it wasn't him to be at her side.


 

Image

 

 author's note: Updated on February 16, 2013: Thank you for your patience and special thanks to tsubasa_mani and thegirlingreen for not giving up on me. I’m sorry for my late updates but I think you guys have come to realize my updates take months. I’m in my first year of university and I just finished my first term and already halfway through my second term. I’m already working on the next chapter.

Oh… Stay on your toes, I have a lot more surprises for the next chapter and don’t be too happy with Taecyoon and Yoona’s relationship just yet, I’m letting Yuri making her first official appearance sooner rather than later.

» layout credit