Chapter 13

Breaking the Ice Hearts

 

CHAPTER Thirteen

 

“Alright guys, be ready in five” Jia, one out of three publicist that Yoona had come to familiarized herself in such a short time. She had brown short hair and though she was Chinese, she could speak Korean and other languages as well. She wasn’t known to smile, but she was amazing to do her job.

Tiffany smiled, checking herself in the mirror once again to pass the time. Her curls bounced as she moved from the mirror to where her sister-in-law sat. Yoona was carefully watching her surroundings. Taecyeon had preoccupied himself with the game that was on television. He had been extremely careful around Yoona to the point where it seemed like he was avoiding her. Yet it wasn’t like before in the beginning when she could feel the hate he had for her now it seemed more like fear that kept them apart. While the two older couple were busying speaking to their secretary, Min.

Yoona was playing on the hem of her white dress courtesy of   Tiffany and her fashion-line, Amour. Her eyes followed the players in the screen from across the room, unaware Tiffany’s presence. She was nervous.

Tiffany playfully nudged her, “You ready?”

Yoona shook her head, her eyes still on the screen.

“Don’t worry, we’ve covered everything.” She placed her hand on top of Yoona’s hand, “We’ll all be there for you”

The last sentence made Yoona avert from the screen to Tiffany’s face. Her heart felt warm and unsure on how to react, she gave an awkward smile.

 It was true, they covered every possible question that could be asked and how the press conference will go. It was suppose to be just an hour long, consisting of photographs the first 20 minutes followed by questions regarding businesses plans then lastly personal questions of the family. Of course the questions had their restrictions because privacy was still important. As well, as how to behave and act in front of the public, a happy couple.

“Tiffany, you are needed now” Mia, the secretary called from the door.

Tiffany rose up, “Time for the limelight” She flashed a bright smile, to Yoona before her parents walked her out.

They stood by the door, waiting for their names to be called. They stood close, having an intimate conversation that could only be heard by two, despite Min only a few feet away. Yoona couldn’t help to watch for awhile. In her heart, she knew that is what marriage was supposed to be.

And in her heart, she wanted the same thing.

But that the heart wants doesn’t always get.

Yoona watched as too soon they were called to the main hall, leaving the other two married couple alone.

They were across the room in the spacious room, but both had their eyes toward the television screen waiting for the Min’s voice to echo through the room to announce it was their turn now.  The awkwardness consumed them both; they hadn’t been in a room together for so long now. Yoona had been sleeping with Tiffany, a request from her sister-in-law and Taecyeon has been in and out of the house late at night.

For what seemed like a short eternity, Min entered the room once again with a small smile on her face.

“Alright you two, it’s show time” She held the door for the two.

A loud sigh came from Taecyeon as he turned off the television screen. He rubbed his hands against the fabric of his black suit pants. He turned around only to meet the eyes of the doll-like beauty Yoona. Her white dress contrasted with his all black suit. Her hair pushed back into a lose bun, with her eyes wide with fear.

Taecyeon knew what fear was, as he was the one that Yoona feared the most at this moment. But now they had to push everything aside and tell the world how loving of a couple they are.

With no words spoken, Taecyeon slightly nodded his head, Are you ready?

His eyes locked on hers, she gave a small smile nodding her head in reply.

They both stood up, following Min down the dark hall. With each step they took together brought them closer to the door that separated them between the public.

When the doors open, all she could see were flashes of lights. Taecyeon linked their hands together. Once again, he was surprised on how cold her hands were. He gave her hand a tight squeeze. A simple gesture yet carried so many meaning behind it. Yoona looked up at Taecyeon, forgetting the cameras.  

When their eyes met, they knew they needed to put all of their feelings aside. It was now them against the world. For the next hour they need to act and pretend that they were the perfect example of two people madly in love.

Taecyeon bent down, letting her hand go only to move it to her waist and pulling her closer to his body. His lips so close to her ear she almost shivered.

“Smile- they are looking” He softly whispered before standing up straight, giving the audience a big smile.

Yoona blinked in shocked before she found composure. Her eyes were beginning to hurt from all the flashes but continued to look forward. Somehow she found herself to smile, a soft gentle smile.


And before they all knew it, it was time for the questions. If it weren’t for Tiffany, who was by her, she would have probably dropped her smile awhile ago. Tiffany with squeeze her hand under her table and at that moment she momentary felt as if she wasn’t alone.

The beginning portions of the questions were only meant to regard the business part of their lives. Being the largest company in South Korea as well running a fashion line, there were many questions that needed to be answered.

They all answered with confidence. Tiffany and her mother replied with grace and spoke with love for their career. Tiffany’s eyes would spark when she was asked about her fashion line.

“Yoona, do you support your sister-in-law with her fashion line?”

Yoona looked in shocked. The first question that was directly towards her and everything that was taught to her seemed to have magically disappeared.

She could feel go dark and all words in mind seemed unable to complete a sentence. What the heck was going on with her?

Taecyeon quickly noticed her panic even before anyone else did. He quickly grabbed her hand, placing it visible on the table.

He flashed a grin, “Actually has been really supportive, she’s actually planning to attend some of Tiffany’s shows in the future.” He chuckled looking lovingly at his wife before he looked back at the reporters, “My wife here isn’t the best dressed and is still learning from my sister... right Tiff?” His eyes met his sisters, a silent conversation between the siblings.

“OH- Yes Taec... That’s correct, but she’s been very helpful with the business side of things and is helping me with the my new line coming along this fall, but you guys just need to wait till then”

This sprung a new wave of curiosity among the reporters. They all wanted to know how the family accept Yoona and so much more.

The next thing the family knew it... all the questions were regarding Yoona now.

“How did you two newlyweds meet?”

“By me actually” Mrs Ok spoke up, with a soft smile on her face to match along her sparkling eyes, “I knew her mother from a long time ago, she mentioned her daughter was the same age as my son and when we accidently met in the university, I instantly loved her personality and beauty”

“What were the first thoughts did you have on meeting your wife?”

Taecyeon was silent for a moment, showing a shy smile “I thought she was beautiful. She is beautiful.... she had this presence that made my mother smile...  She is special if my mother approves of her” His smile grew wider, “If my mother approves of her then I do as well”

His sweet words made Yoona feel uncomfortable. Her body instantly recoiled away from Taecyeon. Even though his grip was tight she found away to gently let go, wrapping her arms around her waist. Her actions made her husband surprisingly sad.

And it was the next question caught everyone by surprise....

“Any plans for marriage anytime soon?”

All eyes widen in shock.

The room went silent for a brief moment.

Suddenly a quiet giggle echo across the room.

A giggledirectly from Yoona.

It seemed she found this a joke.

She continued to giggle; everyone looked at each other before joining her in her laugher.

When the laugher died down, Mrs Ok spoke up “Actually Yoona and Taecyeon are busy with their studies at this moment. With Yoona also to become an heir with my son, they both need to be well prepared.”

“We are also still adjusting to our marriage - ” Taecyeon said.

“Actually, they promise to wait until I have my first child” Tiffany joked, earning a laugh from the room.

With this the questions moved away from the couple on to the rest of the family.

While everyone was preoccupied, Taecyeon and Yoona shared a small moment.

Their eyes met, a brief glance, but it held a strong meaning.

And then Yoona smiled at him. A gently smile.

Maybe just maybe they could work out their problems.

Just maybe. 

Image

 

Author's Note: (updated on july 7,2011) I'd like to say sorry to all my readers but school is done and summer is here so I have time to write :) I'm very glad you guys have stuck around. And honestly this chapter seems a bit rushed to me.. but that just might be me. I wanted to get this chapter out as fast as I can x) Well, I need to sleep now lol. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

» layout credit