Chapter 4

Breaking the Ice Hearts

CHAPTER four

 

They had begun moving closer, and Yoona felt her body stiffen again. Someone grabbed her wrist and roughly turned her; her back faced the cold wall. She looked at the man holding her wrist; they were clearly drunk, all wearing smirks with lust in their eyes. Yoona stood still, accepting what was coming for her. She knew no one would be around to hear her screams even if she was going to- but she wasn’t going to. There was no point in scream or fighting back. She was outnumbered, 5:1. All she could do was face the reality that no one was coming to save her. She shut her eyes, as the man began to roughly kiss her, wrapping his arm around her waist. She gave him no response, hearing the roar from his friends.

“YAH! What’s wrong with you?” The man yelled at her. The smell of beer and smoke disgusted her. She looked at him, her eyes emotionless like it was usually.

“No” She said with authority.

She watched as he slowly raised his arm, ready to punch her. She stood still, not moving, reliving a feeling all over again.

She closed her eyes again, waiting for a hit- but nothing. But she heard punches... She knew her ears weren’t playing tricks on her.

“Yah! Who are you?” The man holding her said, with a hint of fear in his voice.

Yoona opened her eyes, in surprised there was only two man standing left; one was the man that was holding her- but now he was standing with his back turned to her, hiding the face of the other man. He was tall and muscular, and Yoona suddenly felt a sense of security.

“Don’t you dare touch her” The man growled.

Yoona’s head shot up at the voice, “Taecyeon...?” She said in a whisper, only heard by the man in front of her.

The man in front of turned his head to her, his eyes showed his fear as he spoke, “Taecyeon... as in Ok Taecyeon?”

Yoona nodded and watched as his eyes widen. Without another word, the man run off, yelling Taecyeon’s name and the rest got up running away also. Yoona just continued to stare to where the men had run off.

Taecyeon grabbed her wrist roughly, pulling her closer to him, “Idiot, why are you here?”

“I was looking for Tiffany” She said

“She probably left; I didn’t see her out front”

She just nodded, looking up at his face. She got see angry in his eyes; was it because of her or of the men? This was their longest conversation, and Yoona watched as he took off his jacket and wrapped it around her. He grabbed her wrist; too tightly that Yoona had to bit her tongue in pain. He tugged her as he walked off way too fast for Yoona especially in her heels. Randomly, Taecyeon stopped making Yoona hit his muscular back. He bent down, “Get on”

“No”

“Get.On.Now” He growled.

“I can’t, my dress is too short” She said, hugging herself.

He quickly looked up, his eyes annoyed, “From now on, you aren’t allowed to wear those types of dresses. I can’t have my wife looking like a ” He wrapped his arm around her waist, slightly carrying her body, “Let’s go”

Yoona kept shut, just listening to the sound of their footsteps, now wondering if Tiffany had gone home safely. Now she also wondered how Taecyeon knew where to find her; but it didn’t matter now, at least she was saved.


Taecyeon wondered how he found her... The moment he entered the club, he knew the two had left. Thinking on his feet, he knew Tiffany was smart enough to go exit in the back doors. But did Yoona? There were two back doors; the kitchen back door and the one that led to empty alley. Tiffany knew her way around the club; she knew she had to leave through kitchen. Out of instinct, he went to the different exit, and there he found Yoona up against the wall with a man in front of her. Her face was unreadable to him. It showed no fear. All his angry from today had led him to throwing his punches. He was frustrated with everything, especially her- Yoona. The girl that his mother and sister loved, he hated how even though they liked Yuri, they never treated her like they did with Yoona. They loved her, showered her with their affection, treated her like family, even his father loved her. They only met each other once, but he knew from how his father’s eyes shimmer on their wedding day, he loved his new daughter.

He led her to his car, carefully placing her into the front seat. Before he was about to close the door, Yoona pulled on his shirt, looking at his burning eyes.

“Thank you” She said, sincerely even though her eyes showed nothing.

He rolled his eyes, “Whatever, I can’t let my wife get - I’ll get in trouble for not protecting you” With that he shut the door.

They drove home without speaking to each other.

When they arrived home, Yoona was already asleep from the long ride home. He sighed in annoyance as he carried her bridal style, making sure nothing was exposed. This was the first real time he actually looked at her, aside from their wedding day. He noticed her tired face, the dark circles under her eyes, her clearly skin and pink lips... He hated to admit it but she was beautiful.... a natural beauty.

He put her down on the couch and saw as Tiffany entered the living room, a clear expression that she was worried, “Is she okay?” She ran up to her, checking Yoona before she looked at her brother, “How did you know where to find us?”

“Us? I found her with a bunch of guys ABOUT TO HER!”

Tiffany’s eyes widen, “WHAT THE HELL? WHY WEREN’T YOU THERE TO SAVE HERE? She yelled back

“ME? ME? I WAS THE ONE WHO SAVED HER, YOU IDIOT! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO PROTECT HER!”

“YOU ARE HER HUSBAND! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PROTECTING HER! NOT TRYING TO MAKE HER LIFE TERRIBLE!”

“SAYS YOU! YOU GUYS ARE ON THE NEWS, YOU KNOW? NOW EVERYONE IS GOING TO KNOW ABOUT HER! YOU KNOW SHE DIDN’T WANT TO BE KNOWN TO THE WORLD?

“Is it her that made that decision? Or yours?”

“What?” He was taken back, “I have no control over her!”

Tiffany sighed; she didn’t want to be the one to tell him how Yoona actions were now based on Taecyeon’s mood. The simply answer that Yoona gave her, “My mom use to do this when my dad was alive” She knew that Yoona wanted a love that her parents once had. Tiffany was about to walk away, until Taecyeon’s voice stopped her,

“THANKS TO YOU, NOW THE WORLD KNOWS ABOUT HER!”

“Okay, you know what, brother? You just don’t want your precious little Yuri to know about this right? But newsflash, she does now, SO GET OVER IT!” Tiffany said now in front of his face.

“LEAVE YURI ALONE!”

“NO YOU LITTLE-“

“STOPP IT!!” Yoona yelled, she was now standing up, her eyes burning with annoyance and her small hands into tight fist, “Can you two grow up? Stop fighting. Ever since Tiffany got here, all you two have been doing is fighting... and because of me right? I don’t care if the world knows who I am now. I knew it was going to happen sooner or later.” She made her way to her husband; “You need to grow up already” She was angrily.

 The first time her emotions showed... and it had to be her angry. Tiffany stood back, surprise.  Taecyeon made no reply... The first real moment he saw this emotionless girl and it had shocked him. He was thinking she was a robot.

“I’m sorry I’m not whoever Yuri is... but I can’t be her, so grow up” Her face soften up, 

“I-I’m sorry I can’t be the girl you love.”  With that she walked away, leaving the two siblings in shock. 

 

Image

 

 author's note: Orginally chapter 3 and 4 was suppose to be one chapter but when I wrote it, it got too long. Enjoy the double update.

» layout credit