Chapter 12

Breaking the Ice Hearts

 

CHAPTER twelve

 

“Hey Woo” She gently shook him, “Wake up...”

She continued to gently shake him, watching him stir in his sleep. Wooyoung nudged Tiffany’s hand away from his shoulder, not recognizing the voice. He heard her giggle, but though nothing else and attempted to fall into a deeper slumber. Expect Tiffany wouldn’t let him; she began shaking his body harder enjoying the resistance.

“Come on Woo...” She spoke up again, “Wake up”

He pushed himself up, with eyes still closed, “I’m up... I’m up...”

Completely unaware who was beside him, he let her sit close to him. He began rubbing his eyes, “ Jess, what time is it?”

“Jess?”

, that wasn’t Jessica’s voice. ... is he still dreaming?

He blinked his eyes open, “Tiffany...”

 He was lost for words. He was dreaming... he must be. Strange, because no matter how long he liked Tiffany he had never dreamed about her. Nonetheless she looked beautiful, with her long jet black hair tied into a ponytail and her front bangs covering her eyebrows. His eyes automatically landed on her red lips – a bold statement against her milky white skin. She looked as if she had just left a meeting with her black on black outfit.

Her eyes shimmered from the light radiating from the television. God he missed her presences...

He must thank Taecyeon for along him to sleep on his couch tonight. He was informed that Tiffany wasn’t coming home for another day or so. He also need to thank Nickhun for offered to give Taeyeon a ride or he will feel obligated once again to give her a ride home.

“You are home early” He stated, cracking his neck from side to side. From the corner of his eyes, he watched her as she fixed her front bangs.

“Yeah...” She began but seemed to be distracted by the television screen, “Hey, can you change the channel first? I don’t like basketball”

Started by her sudden change in tone, bored and slightly annoyed he suddenly remember the days they were in high school. Some of the boys, including him were in senior basketball team. Believing it would impress the older nuna with his impressive skills, he worked hard during practices. Yet when it came to the games, she would never be seated with Jessica and some other girls, never. It was later he found out that she wasn’t interested in sports and the time he spent on the court was the time she spent dating other boys.

You can never erase the image of the person you like holding hands with the person they like.

Never.

The sudden wave of saddest hit his heart again, but he covered it up with another smile aware that Tiffany was now watching his every move.

“Tell me why you came back so early” He casually asked, flipping the channel. It was a good distraction for her beautiful face.

“I pushed all my meetings early so I could be here.” She too had her eyes on television screen.

What is on during 3’o clock in the morning?

“OMO” Her hand immediately landed on his, “I like this channel, please leave it here” 

She was easily distracted expect when it came to her designs, that is when she would spent hours without a care in the world if the building was burning down and she was still in it.

He couldn’t help but smile. A genuine smile that made Tiffany look at him, strangely.

“What? Is there something on my face?” Her worried face, made him smile more.

She touched her hair, pursing her lips. He wanted this moment to last, as they just continued to stare into each others’ eyes, only a few inches apart. He fought every part of his brain to close the distance. He didn’t know how long they stayed this way but it felt like a dream. A dream he nevered wanted to be awaken from. Yet it all ended too quickly, she suddenly elbowed him turning away. She smiled, before she spoke up.

“It’s getting late... I think we should go to sleep” She rose up walking away to her door, “Night Wooyoung” She turned her body, flashing a smile before walking disappearing behind the door.


The next few days went on without a moment of pause. Yoona recalled the exact feeling before her wedding. She felt as if everything was put into fast forward and she had no control once again. She could go nowhere out of the mansion, but she use to that but now everywhere she went in the house, someone followed shortly after her. Tiffany wouldn’t let her out of her sight, every movement she made she felt as if she was being watched.

She was starting to feel trapped in her own home and she starting to feel as if her lungs were constricting. It was getting harder and harder to breathe whenever she felt someone watching her.

It was only when Taeyeon would visit that she felt a sense of freedom. She didn’t watch her like a hawk, she let her do work, while she did the same. She was glad that Taeyeon wasn’t as over-protective as Tiffany. She wasn’t like this before, as Yoona recalled. Taeyeon use to be her protector. She would fight every verbal battle when it came to the other girls who had picked on Yoona. When her father died, Taeyeon was the one who constanly banged on her door, pleading for her to open it. When Yoona ran away, part of her expected that Taeyeon would chase after her, yet she didn’t. She wondered why, but never really questioned it because... that was what she wanted.

Ofcourse Taeyeon was still a concern family member and once in awhile she would ask questions. Yoona answered honestly, putting down her walls... only to Taeyeon she felt truly comfortable. She was there when everything began to fall apart.

“What are you thinking?” Taeyeon asked curiously, eyeing her from across the room. Yoona was supposed to be working on an assignment, yet she found herself simply looking onto the pages.

Yoona looked up, finally drawing up the courage to ask the question that had been in her mind for the past few days, “Why does it feel like everyone is watching me?”

Taeyeon studied her cousin’s eyes, at the moment her eyes so clear, so honesty. At once she knew Yoona had finally put her walls down. She sadly smiled, recalling all the events that made Yoona so guard and so emotionless.

“They are just worried for you”

“But why?”

She chuckled, “They are worried that you will do something to yourself that might be bad”

“Why would they think that?”

“Because they care about you, Yoona...”

“Ooh...”

It wasn’t something Yoona expected. She suddenly lost the rid to converse so she turned back to her books and began to scribble words, leaving Taeyeon to do her own work.


Another few days pasted and finally the arrival of Mr and Mrs Ok had meant that the press conference was only a short moment away. Tiffany was the one who informed her of the plan, giving tips of the expected questions and how to answer honestly, yet not revealing the truth.

As the press conference drew closer, Yoona began to feel nervous. The strange feeling in her stomach seemed to grow stronger. Everyone seemed preoccupied with finalizing of the press conference. Someone was always on their phone or laptop. The television was constantly on and the news of the upcoming press conference spread like hot fire. A few people came to the mansion, all worked under the Ok company.

Yoona learned that the Ok family was considered royalty in South Korea, controlling majority of industries. This explained why the heir’s marriage seemed so important to the country. Now she wondered why she never realized this before.

Out of all the families in South Korea... why out of all of them, she was married into the richest and most powerful family? 

 

Image

 

 author's note:(updated on April 23, 2011) I must apologize for not updating. I'm not lazy, I've just been busy since I'm going on vacation for a month, during school time so I need to alot of work before and after my vacation and right after will be my exams, so I'm guessing I won't be updating for awhile... I'm informing you guys now so you won't think I'm leaving this story. I will do my best to find time to write so I can update you guys sooner. Sorry guys!

» layout credit