AMICIZIA

나의 수호 천사
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hi guys!!! I'm kinda scared when you're all so quiet and not commenting... is it that bad??? TT^TT

 

 

Please tell me your insights and I wanna know what's confusing to you. Thank you for giving your time to this story! 

 

 

 

 

 

ZSA THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP ON TWITTER AND BLUE_NEMO THANKS FOR YOUR MESSAGE.

 

GUYS! I JUST FOUND OUT THAT I ACCIDENTALLY DISABLED THE COMMENTS!!! I'M SO SMART, ITS MAKING ME TEARY EYED... OTL

 

BUT I ENABLED IT AGAIN JUST NOW. m(__)m  SORRY AGAIN! I'M JUST GONNA SULK FIRST IN A CORNER COZ THIS IS TOO EMBARRASSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

나의 수호 천사

"My Guardian Angel"

 

The story of the last Grigori

 

 

 

artwork by @mastiara_dg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AMICIZIA

“FRIEND”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Back in The Keeper’s cave, a wary Seungyoon was pacing, trying to remember any instance that someone could have trespassed and taken something from him. And out of all the memories that could be missing, that one memory that he protected closely is the one thats lost. Surely, Chaerin couldn’t have taken it for he would have known however, she was the only one who came and asked about the Grigori. Was it mere coincidence that the missing memory was related to her quarries?

 

 

 

Because of this, he had asked help from the High Guards and now one of them stood inside his cave.

 

 

 

“Great!” Seungyoon stopped pacing and managed to send his thoughts across the visitor, with much distaste. “I asked for someone who can help me find a thief and they send me a mind reader!”

 

 

 

“Seeing as you can’t speak, I am the best choice.” Jinwoo, said with a smirk. “You appear to be in the worst of moods, Seungyoon. What is this that you lost? Surely, the possibility of The Keeper to misplace something isn’t too farfetched?”

 

 

 

“Are you mocking me?”

 

 

 

“What is it with the belligerence?” Jinwoo walked closer to Seungyoon. “I am here to help you. If you tell me about it now, then the faster I can finish what I came here for. I sure can tell you don’t like me being in here as much as I do.”

 

 

 

“There’s something I have kept in the Lethe, an abyss where I keep the memories entrusted to me. This one was a special memory. A memory of someone that I had to keep within my own memory.”

 

 

 

“A memory of someone that you hid within your memory?” Jinwoo repeated.

 

 

 

“Yes.”

 

 

 

“Then wouldn’t you know if someone took it?”

 

 

 

“Would I ask for your mighty help if I did?” Seungyoon raised a brow, and Jinwoo glared at him. Not wanting to grace that question an answer, Seungyoon continued. “I recall every time someone comes to me and no one enters the Lethe but myself.” Seungyoon turns his back to Jinwoo and sighs. “I cannot lose this memory. If it is missing, then someone powerful took it.”

 

 

 

“Powerful?” Jinwoo repeats, already thinking about the many possibilities that could have lead to this “theft”. “No demon can infiltrate your fortress.”

 

 

 

“I know.” Seungyoon turns his head to the side. “I don’t think its a demon. I think the one who asked me to keep the memory was the one who took it.”

 

 

 

“Then that should not be a problem.” Jinwoo rolls his eyes, thinking that he just wasted time coming here. He hated this place. A mind reader like him, can only do so much to deflect the negative thoughts hidden in The Keeper’s cave.

 

 

 

“It is.” Seungyoon sighs, regretting what he’s about to say. “For the person who entrusted me with it, wanted me to keep it from her. She shouldn’t be able to get it back.”

 

 

 

In a blink of an eye, Seungyoon was suddenly on the table, his face on the cold surface, his arms held behind him by 1 hand and another was on his neck to keep him from moving. Jinwoo’s eyes were filled with rage and his command echoed all over the place.

 

 

 

“WHO IS IT?!?! WHO’S MEMORY IS IT!?!?”

 

 

 

“I can’t tell you.” Seungyoon’s voice filled Jinwoo’s head then suddenly, he opens his mouth as if to scream and his face contorts in pain as he succumbs to Jinwoo’s power.

 

 

 

Jinwoo’s eyes shone brightly as he intrudes into Seungyoon’s mind. He knew exactly what he was looking for. He knew exactly who Seungyoon referred to as “her”. He just wanted to confirm it.

 

 

 

“Its not in here.” Jinwoo hears Seungyoon. “Don’t…”

 

 

 

“I’m not going to take anything from you. I just want to be certain.”

 

 

 

With all his might, Seungyoon fought against Jinwoo’s transference. As he deflected the High Guard from inside his own mind, they were soon on the floor, panting and weak. Jinwoo failed to find what he wanted to see while Seungyoon managed to overcome his power.

 

 

 

“I told you, it is gone!” Seungyoon was enraged and even though he was weak, he was able to charge toward the High Guard and hold his neck in a tight grip. “NO ONE DARES TO FORCE HIMSELF INSIDE MY OWN THOUGHTS! YOU MAY BE A SOLDIER OF THE ANGELS BUT I CAN DESTROY YOU!”

 

 

 

“NO ONE?” Jinwoo smirks, mocking Seungyoon. “How do you explain the missing memory? How do you explain how a young angel, came into your head and entrusted you with a memory that you misplaced?!?”

 

 

 

Seungyoon’s hand collides with Jinwoo’s cheek but that was what the High Guard needed for Seungyoon eased his hold on Jinwoo’s neck and soon, they were reversed. Jinwoo was able to push Seungyoon off of him and pushed him down, his back against the floor. Jinwoo’s hands held onto Seungyoon’s  neck.

 

 

 

“If I decapitate you now, what will happen to your abyss?” Jinwoo sneered. “You are no match for me, Keeper, so I suggest you answer my questions! WHO WAS IT!?!?!?”

 

 

 

Again, Jinwoo forces himself inside Seungyoon’s mind and quickly, he rummages through all the thoughts but he was focused on finding just 1. Just 1 face, to know if his suspicion was true. Only 1 so powerful could have done it. Only 1 angel could have come here to hide something, even from her own self.

 

 

 

And there she was, inside The Keeper’s mind, her face just as Jinwoo remembered her. Troubled and melancholic, her eyes, black as onyx implored him to stop.

 

 

 

Jinwoo collapses beside Seungyoon, exhausted by the effort it took him to infiltrate a celestial’s mind. He needed much effort to move but he turned his head towards The Keeper when Jinwoo hears him  laugh.

 

 

 

“And here I thought I was damned because of all the secrets I keep.” Seungyoon mocked and laughed again, the sound echoing inside the High Guard’s head. Jinwoo wanted to raise himself but he couldn’t. He has been extremely weakened. “So you found her.” Seungyoon spoke, turning to look at  Jinwoo. “As you forced yourself inside my head, I had to return the courtesy and did the same to you. You found her. You loved and raised her like your own and now, you are scared for her.”

 

 

 

Jinwoo could do nothing but look at Seungyoon.

 

 

 

“She didn’t let me see the memory that she entrusted me. I did not insist for she was more powerful than I am.”

 

 

 

“What did you see inside my head?” Jinwoo asked.

 

 

 

“Something that I ought not to know and you ought to forget.” Seungyoon answered. “I now understand why she wants to hide it. Don’t worry, its not like I can tell anyone about the secrets that you keep.”

 

 

 

“What happens now?” Jinwoo asks. “What if the memory falls into the wrong hands?”

 

 

 

“I saw in your mind the last time you saw her. Since her feather’s life is nowhere, so shall that memory be.”

 

 

 

“How?”

 

 

 

“This is only my hypothesis. It seems that the Grigori’s memory is linked to her feather’s life. It is something that is important to her. And it something that only her power can do. Since her pluma vitae has been removed and is now lost, so shall that memory be.”

 

 

 

“And if she finds her pluma vitae? Will the memory find its way back to her?” The Keeper nodded.

 

 

 

“Then I have failed her.” Seungyoon raises himself up and reaches out to Jinwoo who accepted his help and they now stood face to face. All belligerence lost as they both understood each other now.  

 

 

 

“Whatever secret she wanted to hide even from herself, she will remember everything once the pluma vitae finds its way back to her. I now understand why she wanted to hide it.”

 

 

 

“You will not speak of this to anyone!” Jinwoo says with emphasis.

 

 

 

“How can I?” Seungyoon sighed. “I just want to remind you, that when the order comes and you should do what you must, I hope your actions wouldn’t be governed by what you feel. Remember, the Grigori was annihilated because of their conflicted hearts. I hope you’ll be guided when her Judgement Day comes.”

 

 

 

“She can’t have that memory back!”

 

 

 

“It is beyond your control or mine. It will find its way back to her. When she remembers, you have to be ready.” Seungyoon puts a hand on Jinwoo’s shoulder.

 

 

 

“Either you take her life or you kill her.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

 

“Chaerin, there is another reason why I appeared before you.” The angel with one black and one white wing spoke.

 

 

 

“As if telling me that my friend isn’t what I have always known her to be isn’t reason enough, what is it?”

 

 

 

“I will take care of your human and even his son, but there’s one thing you have to do.” Sandara looks at the guardian angel, Chaerin with pleading eyes. “Guard over Seunghyun. You are empathic and that is all you need to guide him. With my consent, I am handing you over my human.”

 

 

 

“Can you do that?” Chaerin asked, doubtful.

 

 

 

“I’d like to show you but I don’t have much time. If only I had my powers I can watch over Seunghyun even when I am with your human, but I cannot do that right now.”

 

 

 

“How long have you known my human?”

 

 

 

“I’m afraid I cannot answer you that.” Sandara begins to fade as her time to talk with Chaerin comes to an end. 

 

 

 

“Thank you, Chaerin. You have saved me.” Sandara smiles. “You will be able to find Seunghyun. I know you will.”

 

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

 

 

“If only you can hear me, I would have told you.” Chaerin says as she hovers beside the human, Seunghyun while Sandara was gaping at him. Both couldn’t see her at the moment.

 

 

 

“Oh, you know me?” Seunghyun asks.

 

 

 

“I…”

 

 

 

“You’ve seen my movies?” Seunghyun asks again, smiling. How many girls, of different ages, have looked at him the same way as this lady was. He surmised that she’s a fan.

 

 

 

“Dara!!!!” Hanbin’s voice interrupts them and Dara was startled.

 

 

 

“Oh…”

 

 

 

“Is that why you needed to go in?” Seunghyun asked again and Dara nodded. “Let me help you. Should I bring his bag?”

 

 

 

Dara nodded again and gave Seunghyun, Hanbin’s bag, before he went in the men’s bathroom.

 

 

 

While Seunghyun and Hanbin were gone, Dara immediately turns to enter the door of the ladies’ room. She splashed her face with water and stared hard at her reflection.

 

 

 

“It can’t be him…he was dead. I was there…I saw him…I pulled out the knife…my knife from his body.” Dara thought. “What’s happening? Chaerin? Anyone? Can someone please explain?” 

 

 

 

Sandara closed her eyes and tried to make sense of things. Hoping against all hope that someone can answer her or make her understand what happened that night. Her thoughts were interrupted at the sound of the flush inside a cubicle. A girl with long red hair, cute nose and a friendly smile came out and stood beside her, washing her hands on the sink.

 

 

 

“Hi!” The girl greets, turning her friendly smile towards Dara.

 

 

 

“Hello.” Dara greets back.

 

 

 

“Are you one of the new trainees?” She asked and Dara shook her head. 

 

 

 

“I’m just visiting.” She said instead. After drying her hand with a paper towel, the red head offered a hand shake. “I’m Minzy, by the way. I work here. If you need anything, you’ll know where to find me.”

 

 

 

With that said, Minzy turned and stepped out of the room. Dara was a little dazed and she felt her heart race. Something inside felt like bursting. She clutched at her shirt when she felt her heart ache. 

 

 

 

“What’s going on?” She asked herself and just then, Hanbin called out from outside and Dara shook the feeling away and stepped out of the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Where have you been?” Jiyong asked, panicked when the elevator doors opened. Dara and Hanbin was just about to step out.

 

 

 

“Don’t be mad, Appa!” Hanbin explains. “I had to go to the bathroom. Dara was getting lost.”

 

 

 

“I’m sorry, Jiyong.” Dara says and Jiyong just looks at her before nodding.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter