ERRATUM

나의 수호 천사
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

나의 수호 천사

"My Guardian Angel"

 

The story of the last Grigori

 

 

 

erratum

"mistakes"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Seunghyun, I’m pregnant…”

 

 

 

“Bommie…”

 

 

 

“What should I do? I…I…”

 

 

 

“Are you sure its mine?” He didn’t know what came over him. Perhaps it was panic but the words were out before he could think twice and Bom slapped him hard. 

 

 

 

“How dare you ask if its yours!”

 

 

 

“Your father and brother doesn’t even know about us! We can never reveal our relationship to the public. Bom, this will destroy us both!”

 

 

 

“What? Are you even listening to yourself!?!?”

 

 

 

“Bommie, you can’t have it…”

 

 

 

His sentence was cut off as Bom reached for his expensive vases and began thrashing his place. Tearful and forlorn, Bom hastily left his villa and what hurt her more, is the fact that he didn’t even ran after her.

 

 

 

“And that was the last time I saw her.” Seunghyun confessed to Jiyong who seemed to have frozen on his seat. “I tried to call her a few days after that but she wouldn’t answer until she completely changed her number. I went to your house to look for her but your father said she left home. The press explained her absence as a hiatus but no one spoke of her when she returned. I wanted so much to talk to her but…”

 

 

 

“She never left home.” Jiyong spoke, his eyes averted from his friend. “She hid from you but she never left.”

 

 

 

Seunghyun was at a loss for words and when Jiyong turned to him, he could feel the hatred coming from his most trusted friend.

 

 

 

“If you wanted to find her…if you sincerely wanted to be with her…if you sincerely loved her, you could have found her and you shouldn’t have stopped…”

 

 

 

“Jiyong…”

 

 

 

“Get out, Seunghyun.” Jiyong commanded. “I don’t need your explanation. You had ample time to make the right decision, or make things right and you certainly don’t owe it all to me. So get out of my house.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Will you be all right?” Bom nods and smiles at Dara before she alights the car, guiding a sleepy Hanbin back in their building. Jiyong was no where in sight. She surmised that he could be in his study. She put Hanbin to bed and kissed him good night before leaving and closing the door.

 

 

 

“Took you all day?” Jiyong asked as soon as she got out of Hanbin’s room.

 

 

 

“The kids were having so much fun in the pool and Bom needed someone to talk to so we let them have their way. Hanbin and Hayi enjoyed it so much.” Dara shared. “Have you eaten? Want me to cook you something?”

 

 

 

“I had a sandwich before you arrived.” Jiyong answered. “Is Bom all right?”

 

 

 

“I hope so.” Dara sighed and followed him out to the balcony. “She said she freaked out when she saw him. She wasn’t prepared and she was just scared he’d…”

 

 

 

“Find out about Hayi?” Jiyong asked and Dara nodded. “I don’t know if he caught on. He told me he asked Bom to get rid of the baby when he knew she was pregnant.”

 

 

 

“He what?” Dara was shocked. Appalled even at the suggestion.

 

 

 

“Bom never told me.” Dara was startled at Jiyong’s voice and she looked at him. “She never told our family the name of Hayi’s father. She just said that the bastard wasn’t ready and that she didn’t want to impose on him so she’s taking full responsibility for her child. I tried to squeeze it out of her but Bom, whenever she made up her mind, no one can talk her out of it. Not even her dad. I wouldn’t have known if Seunghyun hadn’t confessed.”

 

 

 

“Seunghyun told you everything?” Dara asked and Jiyong nodded. “And he still doesn’t know about Hayi?” Jiyong shook his head.

 

 

 

“How is he?” Dara asked and Jiyong didn’t hide the disgust on his face. He just revealed how rotten a guy Seunghyun was and here she was, being all concerned? Jiyong didn’t understand. Or was it only an angel-thing? But even angels know what’s right and wrong, don’t they? Aren’t they supposed to help people do what’s right and what’s wrong? Dara could read his mind but she had no excuse for what she’s about to do so she just ignored it.

 

 

 

At the moment, she was rather preoccupied at what has happened to Seunghyun and why she had no idea about what happened 8 years ago.

 

 

 

“Jiyong…”

 

 

 

“You like him that much?” Jiyong asked. “Weren’t you listening to me? He’s a bastard, Dara!”

 

 

 

“Jiyong…”

 

 

 

“What?”

 

 

 

“I don’t know how to make you understand but I am partly at fault.”

 

 

 

“Its not your fault that he volunteered to come here so early in the morning to impress you! Its not your fault that Bom came at around the same time! Seunghyun should have been with her from the start! He should have been a father to Hayi or a husband to Bom! They are the only people involved here, Dara! You and I or my son, we are not involved!”

 

 

 

“But I am…”

 

 

 

“Excuse me but, I don’t think everything that goes around Seunghyun’s life is a concern of yours just because he decided to date you!”

 

 

 

It was harsh. He knew that, but Dara seemed to have other thoughts in her mind.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry, Jiyong…” Dara says before she turns around but Jiyong holds onto her arm.

 

 

 

“Where do you think are you going?”

 

 

 

“He needs me.”, was all that she could say. “I’ll explain when I can but right now, I have to go to him.”

 

 

 

“You have got to be kidding me!”

 

 

 

“Jiyong, I have to go.” Dara takes his hand off her arm. “I’ll come back. I’m sorry.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, at Bom’s place, the disgruntled couple were talking inside their room about what transpired earlier. Bom was compelled to let her husband know. When Dongwook met Bom, he already knew that she had a daughter but she never revealed the identity of Hayi’s father. She said she wasn’t ready.

 

 

 

“You weren’t ready until now?” Dongwook asked. “Until you’ve seen him again?”

 

 

 

“Yeobho please understand! I never wanted to remember! I never wanted to let anyone know! I just wanted to…”

 

 

 

“You never planned on telling Hayi?”

 

 

 

“No…”

 

 

 

“Not even when she grows up?” Dongwook asked and Bom shook her head. “Bom…”

 

 

 

“I hated that part of my past, all right!” Bom uttered with conviction. “I was young! It was a mistake…”

 

 

 

“A mistake?” Dongwook stood up and looked at her, his eyes bore anger. “Do you realize how much you sound like the father of your child right now?”

 

 

 

“No! What I meant was…”

 

 

 

“Bom, please just…let’s talk in the morning.” Dongwook suggested, already heading for the door and out of their bedroom.

 

 

 

“Where are you going?”

 

 

 

“I need time to let this all sink in. Bom, why do you think have you not let go of this hatred for Seunghyun all these years?”

 

 

 

“He left me at the time I needed him the most.” Bom answered. “And the fact that he wanted to get rid of my baby was unforgivable!”

 

 

 

“And you haven’t forgiven him until now?”

 

 

 

“I don’t know if I will ever find it in my heart to forgive him.”

 

 

 

“Hayi deserves to know.” Dongwook sighed.

 

 

 

“You treat her like any father would, even better than other fathers! She doesn’t need to know what a bastard her real father was!”

 

 

 

“Its been 8 years Bom. It is unfair to Hayi and it is unfair to Seunghyun.”

 

 

 

“You want me to tell him?”

 

 

 

“Should you?”

 

 

 

“Everything is all right! Why can’t we go on living like this? Hayi doesn’t need a father who didn’t want her!” Bom reaches out to Dongwook. “Oppa…please…I can’t break Hayi’s heart. What she doesn’t know wouldn’t hurt her. I don’t want…I can’t bear it if…”

 

 

 

“You don’t want her to feel what you felt when Seunghyun abandoned you.” Dongwook said and with those words, Bom’s control broke and she cried onto her husband’s chest. All that he could do was give her comfort while his fears were starting to surface.

 

 

 

What exactly does Seunghyun mean to Bom now?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara alternates knocking and pressing on the bell of Seunghyun’s villa but it seems no one was inside. She tries again and again until she was so frustrated that she pulled on the handle and tried to force herself in. And to her surprise, the door opened.

 

 

 

“Oh…” Slowly, she entered, seeing that there was light from the living room. It seems that Seunghyun was home and she found him outside the balcony. The place where he always stands whilst he contemplates. How many times has she joined him in this spot, without him knowing? She would sit on the rail, right in front of him and he would, unknowingly, walk into her embrace and she would give him comfort.

 

 

 

“Was this the reason why you hated yourself so much all these years?”, Dara thought.

 

 

 

“Seunghyun…” She called out and at the sound of her voice, he turned. The despair in his eyes was enough to make Dara walk forward and do what she had always been doing since she became his guardian angel. As her tiny arms offer him comfort, Seunghyun couldn’t erase the feeling that this was all too familiar.

 

 

 

“What are you doing here?” Seunghyun whispered to her neck as Dara held him close. “Shouldn’t you hate me by now?”

 

 

 

“I would never hate you, Seunghyun.”

 

 

 

“Dara, I did an awful thing.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter