SOMNIARE

나의 수호 천사
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

나의 수호 천사

"My Guardian Angel"

 

The story of the last Grigori

 

 

 

 

somniare

"dream"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Taeyang…”

 

 

“Yes?”

 

 

“Do you believe in angels?”

 

 

“Of course I do.” Taeyang answers instantly. “I believe they are among us.”

 

 

“Really?” Jiyong looks at his friend and he nods. “How do you recognize them?”

 

 

“You don’t.” Taeyang smiles. “That’s the beauty of it. You don’t know whether they are standing beside you or talking to you. I believe they roam around the earth like humans and they influence us to do what’s right, to do the good thing. However, I doubt that people recognizes them. I don’t think its possible.”

 

 

“Why won’t it be possible?”

 

 

“For one, why would they expose themselves when people are naturally corrupt? Imagine if you know that the person you are talking to is an angel and she helped you, then wouldn’t you take advantage of that?” Taeyang drinks from his bottle before turning to Jiyong. “I believe in angels, but I don’t think I will believe another person say that he or she has had an encounter with one.”

 

 

Kwon Jiyong has suddenly gone quiet, staring at his bottle of beer. Taeyang eyed his best friend curiously. They were at a pub in the city and CL has gone home to rest while the two of them took this chance to catch up. Jiyong had complained about his writer’s block while Taeyang was raving about his happy relationship. Then after that, Jiyong began asking him about angels.

 

 

“Why the sudden fascination about them?”

 

 

“Huh?”

 

 

“Are you planning to write a novel about angels?” Jiyong grinned at him.

 

 

“How can I write about something that I don’t believe in?”

 

 

“You don’t?” Taeyang asked and Jiyong nodded. “Not even a bit?” Jiyong shook his head.

 

 

“If angels do exist and they roam around the earth, watching over us humans, then why is there suffering?” 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sandara closed the book she was reading for Hanbin when she noticed that the boy wasn’t even the least bit sleepy.

 

 

“Maybe I should just watch you sleep.” Sandara said while the boy’s hair.

 

 

“Dara…”

 

 

“Hmmm?”

 

 

“Do you have a mother?”

 

 

“I do but I haven’t seen her.”

 

 

“Really? Did she die too?”

 

 

“She’s in heaven.”, was her only reply. Hanbin smiled.

 

 

“We’re the same! I’m also like the boy in the book.” Hanbin said. “I think my mom died to save me. I think she sacrificed herself because she loves me.”

 

 

“I’m sure she loves you very much.”

 

 

“My Appa is cold to me because of it.”

 

 

“Why would you think that?” Sandara asked then Hanbin looked at her. “I think your Appa loves you.”

 

 

“Sometimes I think he does but then, I can understand if he’s cold to me because I’m the reason my mother is dead.”

 

 

“Hanbin, please don’t think that way. Perhaps your Appa just doesn’t know how to show his love for you.”

 

 

“I’m sad when I think of my mom but these stories, they give me strength and they make me believe that I’ll be all right even without a mother. The boy in the story, he was able to defeat the villain even though he was orphaned. So I guess, I’ll be all right.”

 

 

“I’m sure you will grow up into the man that your father and mother will be proud of.” Sandara tips his chin up and looks into Hanbin’s eyes. “Being great and good all starts within yourself. Do not think you are incapable of doing anything. Hanbin, I know you are destined to do great things.”

 

 

“Thank you, Dara.” Hanbin smiled then yawned, his eyes droopy and ready for sleep. “I’m really happy you are here.”

 

 

It didn’t take long for Hanbin to fall in deep sleep and Sandara went out of his room. She was startled to find Kwon Jiyong just outside the boy’s room but she quietly closed the door before speaking.

 

 

“I really can’t thank you enough…”

 

 

“Its time for you to leave.” Jiyong said coldly walking away from the wall close to Hanbin’s room. He arrived just in time to hear his son’s confession and for some reason, he wanted to lash out on anything or anyone, for that matter.

 

 

“But I thought…”

 

 

“I only said that because my sister won’t let the matter rest if I told her you were a stranger. I don’t want to put us both in an awkward position. Ms. Sandara, you are as much a stranger to me as I am to you. What proof do I have that you will not harm my child or me?”

 

 

“You still don’t believe me.”

 

 

“I want to!” Jiyong looked at her and Sandara knew he was troubled, hidden beneath his anger. “I want to believe you but how can I, when I don’t believe in angels to begin with?”

 

 

“What about…”

 

 

“Don’t use my son as your excuse! Leave! Now!” Jiyong turned away from her. “Take those clothes. They’re yours but I don’t want to see you again in my house.”

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chaerin was roaming around the meadow when she spotted someone familiar sitting by the tree where she and Sandara usually sits under.

 

 

 

“Mino?” Chaerin asks and the High Guard looks at her then smiles. “What are you doing here?”

 

 

 

“I just wanted to visit, like old times.” Mino said. “Sit with me, Chaerin.”

 

 

 

“High Guards don’t come to this place…” Chaerin says after she has comfortably sat beside him. “…not unless you came here for her. You miss her.”

 

 

 

“You do too.” Mino tells her then grins.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter