HOMINIS

나의 수호 천사
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is a bit tricky...first, look up...the photo shows who the angels are (under Angelus) and who the human (just 1) in this chapter is. ^_^ Please bear with me. I'm trying to deviate from my norm. Hope you like it still and hang on! ^_^ Thanks!

 

 

 

나의 수호 천사

"My Guardian Angel"

 

The story of the last Grigori

 

 

 

HOMINIS

"HUMAN"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It is not known precisely where angels dwell — whether in the air, the void, or the planets. It has not been God's pleasure that we should be informed of their abode. ~Voltaire

 

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________

 

 

 

A.D.

 

 

The three guards kneel, with their heads bent, eyes downcast as they present the infant. No one ever lays eyes on the supreme Archangels, not even the Guards. Mino, their commandant, knelt in the middle while Jinwoo and Taehyun were a few meters behind him.

 

 

 

"We do not know what she is." A voice from the throne speaks, however, only a bright light can be seen. "Have you presented her to the others?"

 

 

 

"You are the first to see her." Mino answers.

 

 

 

"Naturally, since you serve me." It seems that the Archangel was trying to be funny, however, the 3 soldiers were too tense to react. "I'm glad you brought her to me first." The 3 men sense movement but they don't look up. The Archangel picks up the baby. "Mino, stand up and hold her." Mino does as he is told, still with head bent, he reaches out, then the baby is lain on his arms. She looks at Mino and smiles while biting on her tiny fingers.

 

 

 

"Bring her to my people. Watch her grow up and protect her just as you protect me. But I must ask you three, not to tell anyone about how you found her. Tell them, I sent her. Make sure no one else knows about this. Not even this baby. You will protect her and by that, I mean, from every other being, even from our own and if so unfortunate, perhaps, we can protect her from herself. We shall call her, Sandara for I sense a great intensity of spirituality within her and although harmless, I sense a fierce spirit that can charm and disarm at the same time."

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Present time…

 

 

 

 

What is your idea of "heaven"?

 

 

It may be somewhere bright with a wide meadow that you can run around with bare feet. A huge gate stands at the threshold where a myriad angels welcome you.

 

 

A place where happiness is eternal.

 

 

A place abundant with everything you need to live.

 

 

Live?

 

 

How do you live?

 

 

Should living always come with struggle and strife?

 

 

Then, am I living?

 

 

"Sandara!" A loud voice called over the meadow where a girl with rich golden brown hair that tumbled in waves down her back was sitting. She was garbed in a filmy white long dress and a gold cord holds the garment together at her slim waist. "Sandara!"

 

 

The girl, Sandara, turns to the one calling her. It was another girl with long wavy blonde hair wearing the same white long dress.

 

 

"I was looking all over for you!"

 

 

"Why were you looking for me, Chaerin?"

 

 

"Should I need a reason to look for you?" Chaerin asked with a smile then wrapped her arms around Sandara's shoulder. "You look like you could use a friend. Worrying about him again? How is he?" She asks before the other girl could say anything.

 

 

"He's the same…sad and lonely."

 

 

"And he's rubbing off on you!" Chaerin said with a sigh before turning Sandara so that they were face to face.

 

 

"Don't…" Sandara said. Chaerin's worried eyes were so transparent to her friend.

 

 

"You know we can never fall in love with the person we are protecting! He is human and we are angels!"

 

 

"I know that!" Sandara looked away. "How do you even know about love? How can you speak of that kind of love when we're not supposed to feel it?"

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

The piazza was a wide arena, patterned in the same way as the Ancient Greek theater. All the angels were gathered around a platform, where the elders were standing. The overseer was holding a baby in his arms, presenting the new guardian to everyone. Applause became louder  when he raised the new angel.

 

 

 

"I wonder if I was once like her." Sandara says while she, Chaerin and Youngbae were clapping their hands.

 

 

 

"I honestly don't remember that time anymore." Youngbae tells her.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter