PLUVIAE

나의 수호 천사
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

나의 수호 천사

"My Guardian Angel"

 

The story of the last Grigori

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PLUVIAE

"RAIN"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Did you see the puppet master? He's so awesome! And the puppet, even if I know it was a real man, he really seemed like a puppet!" Hanbin continued to rave about the parade he saw on the street while his father closes the door and locks it. It seems that Jiyong couldn't hear him or that, he just wasn't listening.

 

 

"What did you call that man, Appa?" Hanbin asked, while following his dad around the house, his hands and shoulders still holding onto their purchases.

 

 

"Ventriloquist." Jiyong answers but he was busy checking the mail.

 

 

"Vetrilokis?" Hanbin copies but unsure.

 

 

"Ven-tri-lo-quist-ttt." Jiyong repeats then sighs. "You can't even spell that yet, why bother saying it? Go to your room and rest. I have work to do." Hanbin suddenly rushes forward and hugs Jiyong by the waist.

 

 

"Appa, thank you for today!" Jiyong looks at his son and nods. His phone starts to ring and he answers immediately, leaving the boy.

 

 

 

Chaerin sadly leaves Jiyong's side and walks through the wall of Hanbin's room. It was dark, he didn't even bother to open the light. She sees the boy's silhouette. There he was, sitting on his bed.

 

 

 

"How can I help him?" Chaerin turns to Hanbin's angel. She didn't even notice that the young angel was standing beside her. Chaerin crouches down so that they were face to face.

 

 

 

"Do you remember his mother?" Chaerin asks. "I'm afraid a memory of her might just be the key to end his and his father's misery."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Back at Seunghyun's place, in the feebly lit quarters of the bachelor, a shadow of a man and a woman is reflected on the polished hardwood floor. It was quiet and the gesture was intimate but the man felt cold when Sohee pushed away from his embrace.

 

 

"I'd like some red wine." She says and Seunghyun grins.

 

 

"I'd like to see you when I come back." He says, then he drops a kiss on the back of her hand. Sohee walks him to the door and closes it.

 

 

The gelid winds from the outside entered the room and it made Sohee shiver. She then spoke without turning. "Why don't you come out of your hiding place, angel?"

 

 

"How brave of you, brave but foolish, especially when it is my human that you're playing games with." Sandara mocks as she steps out of the shadows and Sohee turns to her. "I'm glad the mortal cannot smell your filth. Your stench is strong enough to call me out."

 

 

"They sent a woman?" Sohee says with disgust as she turns to Sandara. "And a tiny weak one at that!"

 

 

Sandara takes her dagger, strapped to her leg. "No one calls me TINY!"

 

 

With her wings spread, Sandara takes flight to put herself at an advantage and charges towards the Lilith. "Aim for the head…" Sandara repeats inside her head as she descends however, Sohee has changed to her original from and her serpent tail prevents Sandara from coming closer. With her lithe body, she gains momentum from the ground and attacks once again.

 

 

"Tsk tsk tsk…too slow…" Sohee mutters before she attacks Sandara but the latter quickly dodged and the bear brick behind her cuts in half as Sohee's tail slashes against it. Apparently, her serpentine tail was sharp and deadly.

 

 

 

The angel gathers up speed but in spite of that, Sohee blocks every attack. With a swiftness she didn't know she possessed, Sandara twirls in the air, takes a stab then attempts in the opposite direction, slashing through thin air. The force from her sudden movement, has managed to create a laceration on the demon's face.

 

 

In retaliation, the Lilith manages to hit Sandara in the abdomen, sending her towards the wall. Sohee attacks again and again, but she kept her distance, her tail doing all the work for her. Naturally, since to kill a Lilith, one must be able to take its head off, it was protecting itself quite well. She manages to hold onto Sandara's neck and squeeze with the intention of decapitating her, instead. The helpless angel was forced to let go of her blade to hold the sharp tip of Sohee's tail away from her. Sohee laughs, completely enjoying her victory.

 

 

"Do you think you can defeat me?" The Lilith scoffs. "Your sorry excuse for a blade really offends me. Weren't you taught to never underestimate your enemy?"

 

 

"No…" Sandara speaks through clenched teeth, while keeping the tail's tip from piercing her neck. "I can destroy you with my bare hands!"

 

 

Sandara grips hard on the serpent's tail and twists it before it snaps apart. Sohee screams in pain and retracts. Sandara doesn't stop to take a breath and takes this advantage to attack however, just then, the door opens. She was forced to jump away from Sohee, crouching in the shadows.

 

 

 

"No…" Sandara whispers. "Seunghyun, get out…"

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________

 

 

 

 

Seunghyun takes his time choosing just the right pinot noir for his guest. He stands with a hand on his hip and one on his lip, eyeing each bottle from his collection but then, he takes the standard red instead.

 

 

 

Its not like he wanted to make an impression. He just wanted to get laid.

 

 

 

He whistles a tune while opening the bottle and as soon as the cork pops, he takes 2 wine glasses from the cupboard then heads back to his room, unsuspecting of the confrontation within.

 

 

"Sohee?" He calls out as soon as he enters. The room was quiet and she wasn't where he left her. He walks further in the room to stand by his bed and that's when he saw her and his jaw dropped.

 

 

She was standing in the shadowed corner of the room, by the side table. Her s exposed to him, the darkness hiding half of her body and her lips were curved into a smile. "You did say that when you return, I should be .", she said, her voice coated with honey. "Leave the bottle on the table and come here."

 

 

 

"Seunghyun, no!" Sandara shouted but he couldn't hear her. She wanted to strike and attack Sohee but she was scared that Seunghyun will get hurt. "Don't move…" She said then she closed her eyes, took a deep breath to gather back her strength.

 

 

 

Seunghyun dropped everything that he was holding on the floor, the wine spills and the glasses clink against each other. He takes a step towards Sohee and Sandara was in panic but she tried to focus. "I have to reach the Lilith before he does…"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you certain?" Jinwoo asks.

 

 

 

"I saw her eyes, dark cold black eyes…" Taehyun sighs then sits on a bench. "What should we do?"

 

 

 

"Where is she?" Mino asks him. Taehyun looked away, Jinwoo looked down. "You do know that I can find her even if you don't speak."

 

 

 

"She's fighting a Lilith." Taehyun uttered.

 

 

 

"And you let her fight alone?" Mino was displeased.

 

 

 

"I did." Taehyun looks at their leader. "And I'm sure you wouldn't like it, if I tell you who the victim is."

 

 

 

"Her human." Jinwoo spoke matter-of-factly and Mino clenched his fists before disappearing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lightning struck in the night sky and heavy rains splattered against the windows of the lavish room. The curtains blew from the open glass doors to the outside veranda. It was a cold night but it wasn't a night for cold feet.

 

 

 

Seunghyun was about 3 steps away from Sohee. Sandara took this chance to put herself between her human and the demon. She willed herself to move as fast as she can however, the demon was able to anticipate her plan.

 

 

Sohee took a step away from the shadows and embraced Seunghyun. Sandara's speed made her almost invisible but the Lilith was not stupid. Sadly, neither was the angel. As the latter was posed to strike, coming from behind Seunghyun, Sohee's tail tried to block however, Sandara disappeared only to send her blade straight down Sohee's neck as she reappeared from behind the demon.

 

 

 

The tip of the silver dagger connects with flesh.

 

 

 

"No!" Sandara screamed as she lands on the floor.

 

 

 

Seunghyun's body fell, almost lifeless.

 

 

 

The Lilith's laughter reverberates around the room. Sandara knelt beside her human and let go of the  blade that she just took out of Seunghyun's nape. The Lilith was able to turn and use the human as a shield against her attack. Sandara's hands were shaking as she turns Seunghyun towards her. 

 

 

 

"Don't you think its too early to celebrate?" The Lilith was too caught up on her victory that she failed to notice another presence inside the room but she quickly dodges her new attacker.

 

 

 

"Another angel?" Sohee said then Mino appeared from the shadows. She eyed him from head to toe, her tongue her lips, as if there was a delicious meal before her. "It will be a shame to kill you." She said. "I haven't tasted a High Guard before but my friends tell me your kind are quite on the rough side."

 

 

 

Mino doesn't speak, his jaws clenched and he glared at the Lilith. He takes a glance at Sandara huddled on the floor over her human. She was holding his face, her fingers caressing his cheek and Mino could see the tears falling from her eyes. She was too preoccupied with her human, that she didn't even realize that if Mino hadn't come, she would have been an easy target.

 

 

 

"Now the fun begins." Sohee says and Mino turns back to her. She was prepared to slither her way towards the High Guard however, she couldn't move.

 

 

 

"Yes, the fun is just beginning." Sohee hears from beside her. Thunder claps in the night sky and the few bulbs that provided light in the room shattered. The gelid wind envelopes human, demon and angels. Sohee turns and sees the poor angel who just struck her human, standing dangerously close and although the demon wanted to put a safe distance between them, it was in vain.

 

 

 

"I have no time for you!" Sohee spat out, hiding her fear then with fluid motion, Sandara stands in front of her. The demon's eyes widened as luminous black eyes stared back at her and when the angel opened her wings, one side was white and the other was black. "What are you?" Sohee's fear, now plain to see.

 

 

 

Sandara lifts her right hand gracefully and placed it on Sohee's neck. "Why should I tell you when I am about to destroy you with my bare hands?" The angel smirked  and the Lilith didn't even have time to scream as with 1 swift movement, Sandara twists its head and decapitates the demon, her head rolls on the floor before its whole body fades into nothingness.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter