FLOS

나의 수호 천사
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

banner by dillatifa

THANKIE!!! ^^

 

나의 수호 천사

"My Guardian Angel"

 

The story of the last Grigori

 

 

 

flos

“flower”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Good morning!” 4 voices welcomes a pretty young lass with brown curls, clad in a green dress, as soon as the bells on the white door chimes.

 

 

 

“Ah Yeon-shi! Good morning!”, greets the florist enthusiastically.

 

 

 

“Seunghoon-shi, I thought you never wanted help!” Ah Yeon says when she reaches the counter. “I have been applying for a part time job in your flower shop since I found it!”

 

 

 

“Technically this was forced upon me. They aren’t staying for long though. This is just temporary.” Seunghoon answers stealing an annoyed glance at Mino, Taehyun and Jinwoo who were smirking knowingly at him. Seems the angelus has a fan. “What can I help you with?”

 

 

 

“I need flowers for my mother. Its her birthday, you see, and I wanted to give her something really pretty.”

 

 

 

“That should be easy! Would you happen to know what’s her favorite?”

 

 

 

“Yes, she loves lilies!” Ah Yeon answers. “They happen to be my favorite too!”

 

 

 

“Really? Lillies suit you. They are very pretty. Would you like to choose the flowers?”

 

 

 

“Ani, I trust your preference Seunghoon-shi. I can come back…”

 

 

 

“I can deliver them to you.”

 

 

 

“Are you sure? I don’t want to impose.”

 

 

 

“I have 3 more helpers, surely I can take some time to leave the shop. Just write down your address here.” Seunghoon gives her a pen and paper then she writes down her address before leaving, giving the florist another smile before exiting the door.

 

 

 

“She’s smitten…” Mino says while standing beside Seunghoon.

 

 

 

“Smitten?” The florist asks. “She’s been coming here for years. She loves flowers.”

 

 

 

“In my opinion, its not just the flowers that make her come back.” Taehyun grins at Seunghoon who acts as if he didn’t catch the teasing tone in the High Guard’s voice. Instead, Seunghoon goes to the bucket of lilies and starts to choose the flowers for his arrangement. He chose the freshest, even smelling each before placing them on top of each other, binding them together with a pink silk ribbon at the base. He might not have noticed it, but Mino, Jinwoo and Taehyun did. There was a calmness in the way Seunghoon worked and the way he gazed and touched the flowers, as if they were very delicate living beings, was apparent. It wasn’t just the girl that was smitten. The angelus shared the same feelings.

 

 

 

“You’re not going to deliver those flowers in her home.” Jinwoo says as soon as Seunghoon was finished with his masterpiece.

 

 

 

“And where should I deliver them?” Seunghoon asked. “She wrote down her address…”

 

 

 

“Its not her mother’s birthday.” Jinwoo interrupts. “Its hers.”

 

 

 

“And how do you know that?” Seunghoon asks but the mind reader just raises a brow at him. “Oh…then why would she lie?”

 

 

 

“Technically, its not lying. Today is her mother’s birth in heaven.” Taehyun answers. “She must have come here to ease some of the pain she felt as she remembers the day her mother passed away. She seemed genuinely happy when she saw you. Seunghoon-shi, go to her.”

 

 

 

As the florist pedaled his way away from the shop, he passed by the park where children played baseball. Even though he was too preoccupied with thoughts about his friend, he didn't fail to catch the ball headed his way and so he stopped. Seunghoon turned to the children cheering for him and got down his bike before showing the children his perfect curve ball. He recognized another customer of his and he waved back, giving a knowing smirk as he recognized the lady he has been delivering flowers for the past week, sitting on the bleachers. However, she was rather in deep thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Leaving you does not mean that I love you less. It only means that I love you too much to put you and our son in danger. For our son, I have to go.”

 

 

 

She might not remember every detail of that dream, however Dara seemed to have imprinted these words in her mind. Her own words. Her memory may be faulty but she knew her own voice.

 

 

 

But who was she talking to?

 

 

 

What son was she talking about?

 

 

 

As far as she could remember, she was never pregnant!

 

 

 

Can angels even be pregnant?

 

 

 

“Dara, are you all right?” Hanbin asked, walking up to her and taking her hand. Dara crouched down to level with him and smiled.

 

 

 

“You looked deep in thought and he was worried so we rushed back.” A shadow loomed over her, shielding her from the sun and Dara looked up and smiled at Seunghyun. Its been three days since Hanbin was discharged from the hospital but it seemed as if he was never sick. A few more days and school will be starting again. The boy just wouldn’t want to miss a chance to go out and play.

 

 

 

“I’m all right, Hanbin.” Dara assured her ward and ruffled his hair. “You still have a few more hours. Go play with Bobby and Hayi.”

 

 

 

“Are you sure?” Hanbin asked her again and she nodded. “I’ll just go get something to drink. You want some hotdog for later?”

 

 

 

“Nope!” Hanbin grinned at her. “Seunghyun samchon promised to cook pasta for me! You know its my favorite!” The boy leaned closer to whisper something to his nanny. “He says he makes better pasta than Aunt Chae! I want to prove him wrong but don’t tell him what I told you.” He straightened then winked at Dara before turning to Seunghyun, taking the ball and glove from the older guy. “Stay here with her, Seunghyun samchon! I’ll just finish this game then we can go!” 

 

 

 

Without waiting for a reply, Hanbin already ran away from them.

 

 

 

“Thanks for coming with us, Seunghyun.”

 

 

 

“There’s no other way I can spend time with you if I don’t get in Hanbin’s good graces.”

 

 

 

“Hanbin’s a tad bit more possessive.” Dara sneaked a glance at Seunghyun and the look of forlorn on his face made her laugh.

 

 

 

“I thought Jiyong was going to be my only problem.” He muttered.

 

 

 

“What?”

 

 

 

“Nothing.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, inside the Kwon's place, Jiyong was running through some documents that his publicist has brought for him.

 

 

 

"Everything is to your liking?" Seungri asked and Jiyong nodded. "We're going to be rich, Jiyong!"

 

 

 

"You are rich, Seungri! And we are going to pay you more, you sick greedy bastard!"

 

 

"What's with the attitude? Aren't you happy I got you this work?"

 

“If my father set aside his pride and asked me himself, I wouldn’t need you.”

 

 

 

“How can you imagine a world without me, Jiyong!” Seungri exclaimed, feigning hurt before he laughed. “I’ll have you know that my earnings aren’t for me to spend. You will be surprised at what I am capable of doing. You might fall in love with me if you look past the greed.”

 

 

 

“Tell Daesung that we’re signing this Friday. The sooner we finish, the better.” Jiyong informed. Seungri nodded but he held up a book on top of Jiyong’s desk.

 

 

 

“Are you doing some research for a new book or are you just trying to reconnect with your spirituality?” Seungri asked.

 

 

 

“Research.” Jiyong answered.

 

 

 

“Oh! Great! So you are inspired to write another book?”

 

 

 

“Maybe…” Jiyong answered nonchalantly. Seungri grinned and put down the book. “Shouldn’t you be somewhere else right now? I still have some things to write and I need to be alone.”

 

 

 

“You are always so welcoming, Jiyong.” His publicist mocked before taking the documents and tucking them in his briefcase. “I do have a pretty lady waiting for me at dinner and perhaps we could do more after that. Thank you for your time, Jiyong.”

 

 

 

“Seungri, do be careful with your meaningless trysts.” Jiyong warned. “I hope I’d live to see the day you’d finally fall in love and get your heart stepped on.”

 

 

 

“It might interest you that I have been through a lot and know a lot than what you’d expect.” Seungri grinned at him then looked at the book on Jiyong’s desk again. “Sometimes, even fiction holds some truth to it. You just have to find the right material for research. And sometimes, all you have to do is ask. I’ll see you again, Jiyong! Take good care of yourself! I don’t want my star to suddenly just stop writing. I cannot imagine a life without you, Kwon Jiyong.”

 

 

 

“Will you please just go?” Jiyong did not conceal his annoyance at Seungri and the latter just laughed before closing the door behind him. When the writer was alone, Jiyong picked up the book and run his hand through the embossed image of a gargoyle on the cover.

 

 

 

“Fallen Angel…” He read out loud before he opened it and began reading from where he left off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Dara! Dara! I’m done!”, came Hanbin’s scream from across the field and he hastily run up to his nanny, frowning at Seunghyun before smiling at the lady. “Can we go home now? I’m hungry!”

 

 

 

“Aren’t we going to eat Seunghyun’s pasta?”

 

 

 

“Oh right… Will it really be better than Aunt Chae’s?” Hanbin doubted.

 

 

 

“I’m sure it will be. I’ll do my best pasta for you, kiddo.”

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter