INVIDIA

나의 수호 천사
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wow! 200 subbies and 20 upvotes? I mean, WOOOOOW!!! \\(*o*)// Sorry for the excitement. I wasn't expecting it! Honestly, since its my first time to write something like this, i feel like a newbie again. I'm so happy that you are all trying to contemplate what's going to happen in the next chapters. You're right...but I won't say which part and how that will exactly happen. ^__^ Oh, and I have a new gift! ILUUUUUUVIT!

 

 

I know how much you all want to see an OTP interaction in this story already, how it will happen or if it will ever happen? Of course, it will! Just hold on tight until maybe tomorrow? ^_^ (whispers: I'll try).

 

 

Also, I hope I'm not offending anyone? Is it offensive to some religion? Please do know that the characters and the creatures I am speaking of in this story are based on myths and folklore. I mean, of course I believe angels exist but I based their description on other written fiction books. But if it is, I'll try to do something about it.

 

 

Anyway, enough of my babbling. Do go on reading! If you got any questions, feel free to ask. ^^ 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

나의 수호 천사

"My Guardian Angel"

 

 

The story of the last Grigori

 

 

 

 

 

 

INVIDIA

"ENVY"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So this isn't the first time?" Chaerin hasn't let the topic go. She's been asking Sandara about how she managed to sense a disturbance that wasn't related to her human especially when they were back at the realm. Guardian angels may be sensitive to sound, however, it is stronger and more distinct when the human's they are protecting are the ones in danger.

 

 

 

"Its not." Sandara had no choice but to answer, although curt and clipped.

 

 

 

"Does anyone else know?"

 

 

 

"The High Guards know."

 

 

 

"Oh, your friends?" Sandara nodded. On occasion that Mino, Taehyun and Jinwoo have time to spare, they come and visit her. Chaerin has seen them maybe once or twice.

 

 

 

"They taught me how to control it. At first, its as if I could hear everything. Like I'm in the middle of a large crowd screaming at each other. Its been bothering me and I asked for their help. Jinwoo helped me find my focus while Taehyun educated me about the demons making them."

 

 

 

"And the other one? Mino?"

 

 

 

"He taught me how to handle a sword."

 

 

 

"Do you realize what this means?" Chaerin asked and she was delighted about finding out Sandara's secret however the latter didn't seem to know since she was looking away.

 

 

 

"Chaerin, I'm different."

 

 

 

"Sandara, being different isn't always a bad thing."

 

 

 

"Is it not? It is more of a burden."

 

 

 

"You don't have to do this on your own. Do you realize that we can protect as many humans as we want! Not just our own, but everyone else!"

 

 

 

"It doesn't work that way anymore. Since my lessons with the High Guard, it has been tapered. Sometimes I don't even hear or feel the danger."

 

 

 

"You can always count on me to help you." Chaerin placed a hand on Sandara's shoulder. "Even Youngbae will help. I'm sure he will want to hear…"

 

 

 

"No, Chaerin…" Sandara held tight on her hand, her eyes pleading. "Don't tell anyone."

 

 

 

"But why?"

 

 

 

"Just don't tell anyone."

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

Kwon Jiyong sits in a café he frequents in the city. As his sister insisted, he took his son out today, just the 2 of them. He just stares at the kid, going through his features, observing his ways. He was thin, a bit small for his age and his hair was long now. How did he even let him look this shabby?

 

 

 

"Hanbin…"

 

 

 

"Yes, Appa?" He smiles, his mouth smudged with ice cream. He wipes it with the back of his hand.

 

 

 

"Tsk, use the paper towel! Its there for a reason." Jiyong says and the boy gets the napkin beside him and wipes his mess. He still smiles at his dad. Today, frowning or throwing tantrums wasn't accepted. He wanted so much to show his father that he enjoys every time he spends with him.

 

 

 

"When was your last haircut?"

 

 

 

The boy looks up, trying to remember. "I don't know."

 

 

 

"That was probably a year ago." Jiyong mutters.

 

 

 

"We went to the barber shop together at that time. That's all I remember."

 

 

 

Jiyong sighs. That has been 2 years ago at his book launch. He really has neglected his son. He looks at the paper bags they have. The young father shopped clothes for his son. What else should he get for the boy?

 

 

 

"Let's get you that haircut before we go home."

 

 

 

"We're going home?" Hanbin asks, pouting.

 

 

 

"I have work to do, Hanbin."

 

 

 

"Araso…" Hanbin mutters, before eating more of his dessert. He looks up when 2 girls stand behind his dad and asks for his autograph.

 

 

 

"Can we also have a photo?" One of the girls asked then they see Hanbin. "Can you take it for us?" The boy could just nod. His dad slouches on the chair and the 2 girls bends to level with him and Hanbin counts before pressing on the shutter. When it was done, the girls check their photo.

 

 

 

"Mr. Kwon, we heard that this story will be a movie! We're really excited for it!"

 

 

 

"Thank you.", was all Jiyong could say, putting on a practiced smile.

 

 

 

"We hope you can release another book! We will be waiting for it!" The other squealed before they leave. Jiyong turns back to Hanbin.

 

 

 

"We better go before we both hear some more squealing." Jiyong tells his son who just grinned and nodded. True enough, when they stepped out of the café, there were many fans waiting for his father, asking for a signature. Hanbin just stood by his side while Jiyong tried to give out as much fan service as he could before he grabbed Hanbin's hand and they both escape.

 

 

 

 

A few streets away from the commotion Kwon Jiyong has made, another public figure was trying to hide himself from the crowd. He had a snapback on and dark rimmed glasses. He has asked the ahjumma who owns the restaurant for a private area where he and his guest can eat.

 

 

 

As soon as he and his companion, his date, were seated, they immediately gave out their order and the ahjumma left them.

 

 

 

"Do you come here often, Oppa?"

 

 

 

"I do. Its one of those places where I can spend the day like an ordinary person. When its not too crowded, I even walk the streets and try to fit in with the crowd." He answers with a smile.

 

 

 

Unknown to them, someone else was watching their little private chat.

 

 

 

"A scowling Sandara. Tsk…tsk…tsk…Why are you in such a bad mood?" Chaerin asks  as she joins her friend astray around the human world.

 

 

 

"That imp irks me."

 

 

 

"Imp?" Chaerin turns to where Sandara was looking and she sees Seunghyun with a woman inside a restaurant. "She's not an Imp! I can tell by the sound of her voice that she's pretty."

 

 

 

"She's small. Her head only comes up to his shoulders. I can tell by the sound of her voice that she's up to no good."

 

 

 

"Just because she's got Seunghyun's attention…"

 

 

 

"Don't you have anywhere else to be?"

 

 

 

"My human is close by. He finally spent his day with his son. I have to thank Youngbae for influencing his human. They are siblings, you know!" Chaerin would have said more however, she noticed that Sandara wasn't paying attention to her.

 

 

 

Even though in their eye sight, the faces of other humans are blurred, angels have a strong sense of sound and they can hear more than the normal human being can. The sound of laughter is more intensified, just as the sound despair. Any form of movement was also very defined to them, no matter how fast or slow. And so, Chaerin watched as the girl with Sandara's human began to feed him and her empathic nature, told her that her friend is ready to inflict pain.

 

 

 

"Were you even listening to me?" Chaerin asked but she got no answer.

 

 

 

"Sandara, do I detect a pinch of jealousy in you?" Chaerin's shock evident at the realization.

 

 

 

"How can you even insinuate that I envy the human?"

 

 

 

"Jealousy and Envy are different. Jealousy is a complex emotion that ranges from fear of abandonment to rage to humilation. Envy…

 

 

 

"Envy is one of the 7 Capital Sins." Sandara interrupts. "Do you think I am foolish and short sighted enough to commit something so forbidden?"

 

 

 

"It is one of the 7 sins." Chaerin was fighting the urge to laugh. "It is also a resentful awareness of an advantage, which she has, joined with a desire to possess the same advantage, which I think you want."

 

 

 

"Just go away, Chaerin!" Sandara scoffs then disappears from beside Chaerin.

 

 

 

"Unbelievable!" Chaerin breathes out before disappearing, as well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Desire to possess the same huh?" Sandara repeats Chaerin's words. She finds herself inside the private area where her human is enjoying a nice lunch out.

 

 

 

"Perhaps, I do feel a bit of regret that I won't be able to talk to him the way she is talking to him. But that doesn't mean anything. I know and I have accepted, since I began watching over Seunghyun, that there are a lot of things that I wished I was able to do…human things…"

 

 

 

"One of which, is the desire to be seen…" A smile plays about her lips as she watches Seunghyun smile at the girl. "I wonder how it feels to have him smile this way at me…"

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

In another realm, far from the busy streets of the human world, three, seemingly young men have just arrived, from battle. They were the High Guard of the Archangels. Divine soldiers who fought with demons that endanger both humans and the celestial, alike. They have removed their armor, cleaned their swords and were now spending leisure time at the Garden of Perpetual Bliss.

 

 

 

Contrary to popular belief, "heaven" isn't exactly all fluffy and made of clouds. It has valleys, rivers and even forests where everything is bountiful. After all, it is a place that has everything and anything that an ordinary human can want. Trees are abundant with fruits, the water in the rivers can satisfy one's thirst and the land is fertile to grow crops. After a fight, every soldier rests in the comfort of their home and get to spend their time just like ordinary angels.

 

 

 

"That was a big one." Mino, their leader spoke when he joins the other two on the ground, eating persimmone.

 

 

 

"But it was weak. W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter