PATER

나의 수호 천사
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I'M SO GIDDY...I HAVE A NEW BANNER!!! WEEEEEEEEEE!!! THERFORE...UPDATE! ^__^ YOU HAVE TO THANK MY ANGEL BANNER MAKER --> IZZA!!!

 

Feel free to ask me anything that you want to clarify. ^^ I don't bite! I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible! For those wondering...its a bit of Tabisan...don't despair...

 

 

 

 

 

나의 수호 천사

"My Guardian Angel"

 

The story of the last Grigori

 

 

 

PATER

"FATHER"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Angel of God, my guardian dear…" A boy of 8 kneels by his bed, eyes shut, hands held together, palm to palm.

 

 

 

 

"And if you could, maybe you can make my father love me…

 

 

 

…even just a little bit?"

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Appa!!!” A young boy calls as he search every nook and cranny his small frame could reach. “Appa!!!!!”

 

 

 

No answer.

 

 

 

He repeats, over and over again while running from the bedrooms, kitchen and even the laundry room. No answer.

 

 

 

The little boy sighed.

 

 

 

Seems he was alone at home again. 

 

 

 

He was about to retreat to his own room when he hears the front door open. He runs and smiles when he sees his father walk in.

 

 

 

“Appa?” His smile widens. "Good morning!" The boy greets but his father just smiles half-heartedly.

 

 

 

“Here’s your breakfast.”

 

 

 

"Appa, it’s a Saturday! Would you like to go to the park with me? I have a baseball game and I'm starting the pitch!"

 

 

 

"Hanbin, I have work to do. Just go with Hayi."

 

 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

As soon as Kwon Jiyong enters his study, he sits behind his desk and turns on his laptop. He opened a blank page and seemed to be deep in thought. Willing his brain to work on a piece of literature. However, it seems that like the blank page, his mind is also blank. He looks outside the window, then at the paintings on his wall and even on the fireplace.

 

 

 

Nothing came to him.

 

 

 

Not 1 idea.

 

 

 

He left early for a morning jog around the park, with music blasting in his ears. Before coming home, he passes by the bakery to get Hanbin his breakfast. Too late to realize that he should have bought something for himself, now his stomach starts to churn. Jiyong ignores it. He picks up one novel on his table and he stares at the back of it.

 

 

 

"A genius who makes his characters come to life…" He reads the comments written at the back of his first novel. "A best seller worthy of praise..." His face distorts in disgust as he contradicts every written compliment in his mind.

 

 

 

"Maybe I just got lucky, the first time." Jiyong says bitterly and puts his book down in disgust.

 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hanbin!" A little girl in pigtails calls out and the boy looks up from the bench. The game was just about to start and Hayi, Hanbin's friend came to greet him.

 

 

 

"Hello Hayi." He says but the girl could somehow tell that something was wrong.

 

 

 

"I thought you told me yesterday that you were the starting pitcher? Why aren't you warming up?" Hayi asks.

 

 

 

"I traded places with Bobby." Hayi looks to the side and saw their other friend practicing his throw.

 

 

 

"Why would you do that? I thought you always wanted to throw the first pitch? You even said it was an honor though I don't know why should its such a big deal."

 

 

 

"Just leave me alone, Hayi."

 

 

 

"I won't!" Hayi says stubbornly. "I came here with my mom and dad. I told them you were going to start the game so you better do it!"

 

 

 

"What's the use? No one's going to watch me anyway." The boy mumbles.

 

 

 

"Am I a tree?" Hayi says. "I came here to watch you and our friends so you better get your out there!"

 

 

 

Hayi suddenly grabs his hand and drags him towards Bobby and Junhoe, the catcher. "Bobby!"

 

 

 

"Yes?"

 

 

 

"Hanbin's pitching!"

 

 

 

"Nope!"

 

 

 

"Yes he is!" Hayi insists then Bobby turns to Hanbin.

 

 

 

"Changed your mind?" Bobby asks and Hanbin looked from Hayi to Bobby. "You have 5 more minutes to practice."

 

 

 

"Okay. I'll do it."

 

 

 

"Yes!" Hayi cheers then Bobby throws Hanbin the ball.

 

 

 

The game was about to start and Hayi goes to her parents. She shakes her mom's hand and points Hanbin to her. "Mom! Look!"

 

 

 

"Hayi, Bommie, would you like some hotdogs?"

 

 

 

"Yes please!" Mother and daughter answers at the same time and the loving dad couldn't help but grant their wish.

 

 

 

"Hayi, calm down. The game isn't starting yet!"

 

 

 

"I'm just excited, Mom!"

 

 

 

Everyone cheers as the players were called to the middle of the makeshift diamond for a show of sportsmanship before the baseball game. Hayi cheered the loudest when Hanbin stands on the pitcher's mound. Her father also came back with hotdogs and drinks. Both parents sit Hayi between them.

 

 

 

It seems that Hanbin was taking his time. The umpire has blwon his whistle but Hanbin didn't move.

 

 

 

"What's wrong with him?" Hayi's mom asked.

 

 

 

"I don't know, Mom…"

 

 

 

The people at the bleachers began whispering as the coach approach Hanbin and talk to him.

 

 

 

"Hanbin didn't want to throw today."

 

 

 

"Why? I thought this was an important game to him?" Bom asked her daughter. "You brought me here for that, remember?" Hayi sighs.

 

 

 

"I don't know. He just said, no one came to watch him."

 

 

 

"Are his parents here?" Hayi's dad asks.

 

 

 

"I don't see his dad." Bom answers then suddenly she frowns. "Where the hell is my brother!?!?"

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

After the game, Bom volunteers to take Hanbin home while her husband had some errands for work. He was on call at the local hospital in the small city and Bommie understood that he can be summoned anytime, even on weekends.

 

 

 

"Aunt Bommie, I can walk home." Hanbin says.

 

 

 

"No, I'm taking you home. I want to talk to your dad."

 

 

 

"He's busy. He must be inside his study, writing."

 

 

 

"Then I'll just check if he's still alive."

 

 

 

"Why Mom? Is Uncle Jiyong sick? Is he going to die?"

 

 

 

"No no no…" Bom immediately takes her words back. "I was just joking. I'm sorry Hanbin."

 

 

 

When they reach the Kwon's apartment, only the cleaning lady was there. Hanbin immediately goes to his room after thanking Bom.

 

 

 

"Excuse me…" Bom turns to the cleaning lady. "Where is Jiyong?"

 

 

 

"He left a while ago. He said he had a meeting to go to."

 

 

 

"Did he say what time he's coming back?" The cleaning lady shook her head and Bom couldn't ask anything else.

 

 

 

"Can I stay with him today, Mom?" Hayi asks then Bom smiles at her daughter.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter