CATAEGIS

나의 수호 천사
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

나의 수호 천사

"My Guardian Angel"

 

 

 

The story of the last Grigori

 

 

 

CATAEGIS

“STORM”

 

 

 

 

Rain spatters against the glass windows of a dark room where only a single candle was lit. In the shadows, an evil lurks but it never dared to touch the only living being within. Cold silver chains marked a delicate skin, arms suspended above a head that felt like lead, as consciousness resurfaces. A fear, like no other engulfs her heart and a tear falls from her human eyes.

 

 

 

Only one word and one name escape her lips.

 

 

 

“Why, Seungri?”

 

 

 

“Because I need you.”, came his reply and Chaerin fought at the weight of her head to look at an old friend. “I need you to bring Dara to me.”

 

 

 

“Youngbae will come for me!” Chaerin spat out, her livid eyes shot daggers at him. “And Dara, she’s much too strong and you don’t know what she’s capable of!”

 

 

 

“Youngbae doesn’t know. I made sure of that. What can he do when he’s also trapped inside that human’s body? What can he do when he wouldn’t remember what happened? He wouldn’t even remember you.”

 

 

 

Chaired broke down, a war inside her head occurs. She didn’t want to believe Seungri but the hurt she felt at his last words hit her hard. Seungri walked closer and touched her face but Chaerin looked away.

 

 

 

“You are now human, at least when you’re locked inside her body. I knew there was a reason why I secretly wanted to seduce this human. She reminded me so much of you. But although you share the same features, you and CL, you are very different. She was a feisty one while you, you are weak. You never fought for what you loved. You never even admitted to it.”

 

 

 

“How dare you!” Chaerin was shaking with rage. “How dare you use my own feelings for you against me!”

 

 

 

“Because things would have turned out differently…” Seungri’s eyes looked tenderly at the angel. “We wouldn’t be in this situation had I known. But trust me, Chaerin, you would want Dara to come. And just so you know, I know exactly what she’s capable of and I am one of the reasons, she has missing links in her memory.”

 

 

 

“It was your last wish! You wanted her to forget you!”

 

 

 

“I wasn’t talking about that.”, He grinned before turning his back on her. “Haven’t you wondered why you, yourself, don’t remember fragments about your own human? Haven’t you wondered why you have no idea why he can’t remember his lover?”

 

 

 

 

~~

 

 

 

 

In another part of town, 3 boys open the lights to the flower shop as water begins to flood the parquet flooring. Mino, Jinwoo and Seunghoon stands at the base of the stairs, inspecting the damage ensuing. 

 

 

 

“What the…”, Seunghoon stares at his beloved store. “How did all the water get in here?” He takes a step down only to scream in agony, retracting his foot back all too suddenly. “No one steps on the water!” Mino and Jinwoo stares at the angelus. “There must be a busted socket in my store. You are in your human form. You aren’t exempted from electrocution.”

 

 

 

“What do we do then?” Jinwoo asks.

 

 

 

“We have no choice but to wait for the rain to subside and call an electrician tomorrow.” Seunghoon looks back at the flowers and sighs. “Let’s hope my flowers don’t die.”

 

 

 

“Wait, where’s Taehyun?”, Mino asked this time as they went back up to their rooms.

 

 

 

“A customer called earlier and requested for Taehyun to deliver flowers.” Seunghoon answered. “Anyone wants coffee? I think I’m going to make some.”

 

 

 

“Seunghoon, isn’t it late for Taehyun to still be out?”

 

 

 

“Mino, Taehyun is a grown man. He’ll be fine. Have you forgotten he’s not an ordinary human? Maybe he’s just waiting for the rain to stop then he’ll be back. If he isn’t home by midnight, I’ll give the customer a call back.”

 

 

 

Mino nods at the shop owner but he wasn’t convinced. How could he not have noticed Taehyun leaving and why was it suddenly raining like there was a storm coming. Seunghoon turns on the television for the news while Jinwoo stood by the window, waiting for the rain to stop.

 

 

 

“I don’t feel so good about this, Seunghoon.” Mino says. “Maybe I should go and get Taehyun.”

 

 

 

“Mino, there’s no other way out except from the windows. I won’t let you walk through the front door. You can die!”

 

 

 

“You mean, we’re trapped in here?”

 

 

 

“You really want to change right now? You really want to risk being found out?” Seunghoon raised

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter