CHAPTER VII

Just Admit It

 

///flashback\\\

Friday afternoon finally rolled around, which meant not having to see my students for the next four days. I’m happy being a part-time teacher and I want it to stay that way.

But unfortunately, life doesn’t work that way.

I sighed and entered my bedroom, hoping to get some rest before the Chinese boy finishes work. He said he’d bring home pizza tonight, which I was glad for once. I was in no mood to cook a fancy meal for him.

I stopped walking when I noticed a large white box with a glimmering silver ribbon wrapped around it sitting on my bed. I glanced at the calendar hanging on the wall. Either my parent’s forgot my birthday or someone is pranking me. Hesitantly, I shuffled to my bed, peeking over the top to check whether it was y-trapped or not.

I lifted the lid to see a small hand-written card sitting snugly on top of the tissue paper.


Wear the dress to the charity gala, or I’ll kick you out.
P.S. you were totally drooling over my body last time

-ZYX
 

As soon as I finished reading it, I instantaneously tossed the card away without another look. Who does he think he is? Who said I was going to the charity gala? And what if I don’t want to wear it? I felt angry that he thought he’d be able to tell me do whatever he wished. But at the same time I felt a wave of embarrassment wash over me. I had no idea he’d noticed I was staring the other day.

And FYI, I was not drooling.

I got rid of those thoughts and peeled off the second layer of the tissue paper, revealing yet another card inside.

 

I meant what I said before.
P.S. chuck this card away like you did with the previous one.
I dare you.
-ZYX <3

 

I scoffed, re-reading the little note on the card. Stupid Chinese boy. Instead of just tossing it away, I ripped it up then threw it over my shoulder.

Now, where were we?

Lifting up the final layer, my eyes came in contact with a bright blue piece of fabric. I was speechless at the sight. Just looking at it was enough already, not to mention the fact that it looked as if it costed more money than I could earn in a week.

As carefully as I could, I lifted it out, the bottom of the dress falling gracefully past my body as I made my way to the mirror. It was a simply, yet elegant dress.

And I had to admit, it was very much my style.

“Do you like it?”

I gasped and spun around with the dress in tow to see the culprit who had scared me. Leaning against the door frame with arms across his chest was Lay. He had a soft smile on his lips, causing my heart to skip a beat.

 

 

The two of us were currently sitting on the floor with the pizza on the coffee table while the TV played another episode of some sappy drama. Lay hadn’t stopped eating since the pizza had been delivered. I watched him shove piece after piece down his throat. Was this boy even human?

“Do you want to see me half again?” He snickered. I was at a loss for words and to add to that, I blushed. I had no idea I had been staring that long.

“I-I wasn’t even staring.” I was analysing, that’s all.

“Who said you were staring?” He shot back.

A smug smile stretched across his face when I failed to answer.

 

A short moment later, Lay got up, heading off somewhere while I pulled myself onto the sofa we were leaning against. I grabbed a nearby cushion and hugged it as the commercials came on. He came back shortly after with a blanket in his hand and decided to place himself right next to me. My heart raced at the sudden touch and I couldn’t help but blush again.

He didn’t seem to have any thoughts on moving either and I was beginning to feel uncomfortable being so close together. Not to mention the fact that my heart couldn’t take these rapid movements any longer.

I subtly shuffled to the right with my eyes glued to the screen, not wanting to make it a big deal. But Lay decided that my heart racing at a faster than normal speed is absolutely fine. Now both our arms and legs were touching and my personal bubble long gone. It was obvious that there was enough space on either sides of us, but no, his mind doesn’t seem to work that way.

I was silently sobbing, praying that he would move an inch away.

Or fifty.

The next thing I knew, the blanket was tossed over our shoulders, wrapping the two of us underneath it. I turned to the left, wanting to ask why he did so and froze. Lay’s lips were less than an inch away from mine. I could feel his warm breath across my lips as he breathed, sending waves of shivers through my body. My eye lids hooded when I couldn’t find the courage to look up, instead, my vision stayed on lips. I had no idea how to react if I were to look him in the eye. God knows what my heart would do next.

But curiosity got the more of me and I bravely glanced up. Lay’s eyes were no longer looking at mine; they were now staring at my lips. As bad as it sounds, I my lips, a habit that I couldn’t stop.

I noticed his adam’s apple move when he gulped.  

“Did I kiss you?” He whispered, his breath gliding across my lips. His eyes didn’t look elsewhere. Lay suddenly snorted and pulled away, so fast I thought I had been imagining everything. “Pfft, of course I wouldn’t. Why would I kiss a girl like you?” He clapped his hands together and started laughing with his head tilting backwards

I scoffed, unable to believe what had just left his lips. My hand came down onto his cheek with a loud slap and he stopped in an instant. With a final huff, I stormed off into my room, making sure that my door slammed extra loud.

I pressed my back against the door, the images of what happened moments ago flashing across my mind. The pain in my chest was getting unbearable.

Had it always been like that?

 


That didn't turn out the way I wanted it to...but hopefully you get what I was trying to say :L
thank you to everyone that's subscribed and commented lately ^^ virtual hugs for all of you!
and sorry for the update.
this baekhyun/taeyeon issue is affecting me more than i expected

(220614)