CHAPTER XIII

Just Admit It

I hope you guys read chapter 12 :L This is chapter 13...
I kinda forgot to delete the 'UPDATE' chapter before posting it, so some of you may not have read the right update hahah. my bad.


 


LAY POV

That little piece of , who does he think he is ordering me around? I slammed my hand against the steering wheel as I continued to curse under my breath. That doe-eyed boy made me drive all the way to his place just to have a drink when I thought he’d finally fixed the problem his company was suffering.

Turned out I was wrong.

I was obviously in no mood to drink and left the room in an instant when I realised what he was getting at. I had my share of work that needed to be done and getting wasted was the last thing I wanted to do. There were more important things and such included Hyeonju.

I entered the apartment and immediately the smell of freshly cooked pasta reached my nostrils. A small smile involuntarily appeared on my lips as I made my way into the kitchen. I didn’t bother asking for permission and helped myself with a spoonful. Has anyone ever told this girl she can cook?

After gulping down one spoonful, I brought the plate with me and headed to the living room. I knew the pasta wasn’t cooked for me, but I own this apartment and I get the say at the end of the day.

Passing by her bedroom along the way, I could hear the sound of running water which meant she was in the shower. I stopped, noticing her door wasn’t closed as the sound of running water ceased. I stepped back, hidden from sight as I heard a short string of profanities from her. Lee Hyeonju, you never cease to amaze me.

Out of curiosity, and more of the fact that I partially knew what I was going to see, I peeked inside. What my eyes caught sight of immediately changed my opinion of the plate of pasta in my hands.

I silently gulped at the sight before my eyes; slowly taking in the perfection of this goddess sitting before me. With only a single white towel wrapped around her petite body, I found myself imagining more inappropriate things.

For the love of god, this girl surely knew how to torment me. I was at the same time being punished and getting some sort of reward.

“Are you okay now?” A feminine voice spoke from her phone.

I heard Hyeonju shuffle around in her spot before humming in response.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“It’s noth—”

“Do not say ‘it’s nothing’ to me Lee Hyeonju.”

She breathed out a long sigh, probably annoyed.

“I’m confused Min.” It sounded like she was more than confused in my opinion. Like something was bothering her.

“What are you confused about?”

There was a pause from Hyeonju before she spoke again.

“Him.”

 

HYEONJU POV

“Him.”

I was going to admit it. I was finally going to do it.

‘Is it because of what I said earlier today?’ I could tell she was worrying about me even though we weren’t talking face to face.

“Yes.” I reluctantly admitted.

I was starting to feel a bit chilly with just a towel around my body, but also because I felt as if someone was watching me. A shiver ran through my body at the thought of a ert eyeing me. I glanced at the door just in case and was glad to see that nothing was there.

‘You still there?’

“Yeah, yeah I am.”

‘You know, maybe I saw the wrong person.’ Min suggested.

I rolled my eyes. What a ridiculous lie. “Are you really throwing in that line right now?”

‘Eh. At least I tried. But seriously Hyeonju, what is it that’s bothering you? You know you can always tell me…right?’

Had I not just told myself I was going to admit it? What am I doing now? What is it that’s holding me back? It’s not like anything’s going to come out of admitting my feelings to my best friend.

“I-I like him. I…I like him Min.” The moment those words left my lips, I felt as if a heavy weight was suddenly lifted off my shoulders.

There was a momentary silence between us before she spoke again. ‘Who?’ I could already imagine the smile on her face.

“Don’t act dumb Min,” I was smiling like an idiotic fool, “You know who I’m talking about.” I heard an attempt to suppress her giggle in response to my reply.

‘I just need you to say it properly in order for me to confirm it.’

I heaved an irritated sigh. Min was pushing my buttons.

“I like Lay.”

As soon as those three words left my lips, the shattering of a plate echoed throughout the once empty apartment.

In a split of a second, I dashed outside to see the last person I wanted to face after admitting to something I never thought I would.

 

 

 

I don’t how long we stood there, but Lay was rooted in the same place and was just staring at the pasta splattered across the floor. Was it so intriguing that left him speechless? It was starting to worry and irritate me, but more of the latter.

By now it was obvious he had overheard my conversation, and my admittance to the feelings I had for him. But was this all I was to get from him? Silence?

I had no idea what was going through his mind. I thought I did, but I guess I was wrong all this time. The pain and fear in his eyes? That was probably me looking too deep into something that was not meant to be found.

Maybe I should’ve listened to him.

I shouldn’t have fallen for him.

The sound of his voice finally reached my ears, but that short moment of relief turned out far worse than I expected.

“This time tomorrow, I do not want to see a single item of yours in my apartment.”

With that, the last of my hope that our feelings would be mutual left like the way he so simply and easily walked away. In the background was the echoing of the shattered plate, only this time it was occurring within my body. 

 


Uhm, yeah that didn't turn out how I initially imagined.
Chapter 14 has been written, but until I complete chapter 15, I won't be posting 14 :)
Do leave a comment my lovely subbies ^^

(111214)