CHAPTER V

Just Admit It

Another morning, welcomes a new day. I reluctantly pulled myself out of bed after heaving a tired sigh. I wasn’t ready to deal with another day of bull crap from the students at work.

I flipped the blanket off my body, and instantly regretted doing so. A gust of icy cold wind slapped across my body, revealing the goose-bumps all over my skin. I shivered and crept underneath the warmth again. Maybe wearing a tank top and a pair shorts wasn’t the most appropriate attire for this kind of weather. I pulled on a large sweater as another set of shivers ran down my body and scurried into the bathroom.

 

After freshening up, I dragged myself into the kitchen to prepare breakfast. I hadn’t entirely considered what I was wearing since I expected Lay to still be in bed so I didn’t bother changing my shorts. The sweater was covering them up, but I shrugged it off and exited my bedroom.

I entered the kitchen and to my surprise, a figure was sitting on a stool at the kitchen island with their head in their hands. I stopped in my tracks, unable to take my eyes off him. What was he doing up so early? No, that’s not the question I should be asking right now. I continued staring at him, unable to tear my eyes away. In the back of my mind, a little voice was yelling, screaming for me to look elsewhere. I probably should listen to that voice since it would save me from causing more embarrassing moments. But that voice was slowly fading away and the feeling of committing a crime was bubbling inside of me.

Did I fail to mention that he was half ?

Don’t get the wrong idea, it was just his back, but I could see all the muscles and his biceps…wow. I was doing something I’d later regret. My ogling will be the death of me.

 

He seemed to have taken notice that I was present and slowly turned his head to look at me. I felt the blush creeping up my cheeks and I hurriedly turned away, shielding my face with a random cupboard door. I stood there with my arms by my side as I screamed every curse word in my head.   

“What are you doing?” I snapped out of my mental breakdown at the sound of his voice. It was husky and deeper than usual. I felt my heart flip at the sound.

I absentmindedly shuffled something around as if I was looking for a certain item. “Looking for the…uh, coffee.” I randomly blurted out.

There was moment of silence before he spoke again. “Last time I checked, the coffee is in that shelf.”

I finally focused on what I was looking at and noticed a small stack of bowls and plates before me. Oh the humiliation. I let out an awkward laugh, louder than I wanted, “I was testing to see if you were awake yet.” Stupid, stupid brain; say something that makes sense.

When I failed to move away, I heard him get up and walk towards me. At the same time I could hear my heart beat echoing in my ear. And I swear the pinkness on my cheeks was slowly turning in to a dangerous shade of red. Why the heck am I reacting so weirdly today?

The little voice was back, and this time it was screaming at me to move before he got to me. But I was frozen solid and continued to stand there like the idiot I was.

He suddenly pulled the door away from me and in a flash I darted towards another cupboard with my back facing him. “.” I muttered, squeezing my eyes shut in utter embarrassment. If he weren’t in the same room, I would be banging my head against the table right now.

Out of nowhere, I felt something warm slide up onto my shoulder. I gasped, flinching from the sudden spark that came along with it and spun around to come face to face with none other than Lay. His expression mirrored mine, surprised by the sudden turn of events. We stood there for a short moment before he slowly moved closer. I involuntarily gulped and avoided his eyes only to realise I was now staring at his chest.

The organ in my chest was racing at a ridiculously fast pace, the sound of each beat continued to echo in my ear. And to worsen the situation, I could feel the blush making its way up my cheeks again.

Lay was now too close for comfort. I was starting to feel a little short of breath and to make it worse, his hands suddenly slithered around me and stopped behind me as he pressed them against the bench top. My breath hitched when I felt our bodies touch. Oh. My. Golly.

I craned my neck a little to stop the drool from making its appearance only see the corner of his lips arch up.

Was he…smirking?

He was! He was enjoying this!

Ogh, the nerve of this boy!

It was as if a flame had been ignited and in one swift movement, I pressed my palms against his chest and pushed him off me. His expression read nothing but shock when I glanced at him before turning around again. I let out a deep breath to compose myself and began busying myself with the coffee, the sound of the machine being the only sound that could be heard. None of us had spoken up, but I still felt his eyes on me even though I was no longer paying attention to him. And as if on cue the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.

Lay chuckled and leaned against the bench top beside me, purposely flexing his muscles in my face. I snuck a glance to the side, only to see his biceps in my face. For the millionth time that morning, I blushed. I lowered my face so that my hair was covering it and silently sobbed. Can someone please dig a hole and make it as deep as possible?

And to make matters worse, Lay decided to torment me even more. “Had enough already?” he questioned

“E-enough of what?” I stuttered much to my dismay

Lay scoffed and turned around to face me, his bare chest replacing his biceps. Oh for the love of god, someone please save me. “This.” He gestured to his body. I chocked on my spit in a very un-lady like way and started coughing uncontrollably. 

 


i personally like this chapter hehehhehe
kind of a double update 

1,101 words 8D

(190614)