CHAPTER III

Just Admit It

This chapter was edited :3


Where is that hole I was supposed to bury myself in? I still need it.

Despite the embarrassing and awkward first meeting, I still told Minkyung what happened with the chairman’s son, Lay. Surprisingly, I managed to stop myself from running away when he introduced himself. I didn’t want to face him after what I said. I mean, who the heck would say such things out loud!?

And unluckily for me, Lay continued to bring up what I said. He would continuously tease me to the point that I wanted to stab him right then and there every time he mentioned it. And let me tell you, that boy was so sure of that I wouldn’t do it.

And he was right. I never did. Which brings me to the result of these events. Somehow, Lay had managed to manipulate me into his personal chef/cleaner. Am I really that easy?

 

Since moving in, I had to make sure that by the time he arrives home, the place had to be ‘sparkling’ clean. His breakfast and dinner had to be prepared for him. I had to do his laundry… you know, the usual. But then there was one more. And I quote, ‘Do not fall in love with me’.

Okay, I have to be quite honest; it may be a bit hard following that rule without breaking it. Don’t get me wrong, I haven’t fallen in love with him, but there’s a chance.

Ha, am I even listening to myself?

 

But honestly, what are the cons of falling in love with a boy like him? In my opinion, I don’t think there are any serious issues, apart from the fact that he can very full of himself at certain times. And it just gets on my never every single time.

Not much of a big problem honestly.

I really need to get a hold of myself. What has this boy done to me?

Might I add, my judgement on him has definitely changed since our first meeting. He had that big flirt image, but in fact, he’s just an over grown boy in a super hot body. I’m not going to deny the fact that I fancy him. Not in that kind of way, just… I reckon he’s a nice guy.

Yeah, nice guy my .

 

//flashback//

The TV was playing in the background while I was on my phone. Minkyung wouldn’t shut up about some new boy band that just debuted. She kept going on about how hot they were and after that she started crying about how old she’s getting and what not. That girl needed to stop for a moment and breathe. I sighed and tossed my phone into the heap of pillows sitting on the other side of the sofa and rested my head against the back. Silence suddenly became so prominent that I began to feel lonely in this empty apartment. Where was Lay anyway?

Speak of the devil. I heard the front door open and shut, followed by a few agitated grunts. Lay stumbled in and immediately the smell of alcohol filled my nostrils. I scrunched my face up; I never liked to drink or drunks to add to that. I instinctively got up and rushed over seeing that he wasn’t going to manage standing up on his own. I turned to look at him and in turn, he smiled goofily at me. I didn’t even need to ask if he was drunk or not. Then, out of nowhere, he sighed and his bottom lip jutted out.

“What’s wrong?” I chuckled at him, that expression was kind of cute. There was a moment of silence until I was suddenly pushed up against the wall. I shrieked and pressed my palms firmly against his chest and tried to push him off.

“What’s wrong you ask? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.” He smirked. The smell was getting unbearable at this proximity. I wanted to get him off of me, but he was a lot stronger than I thought. I couldn’t tell what he was thinking and looking into his eyes wasn’t going to happen any sooner. I managed to get a glance, but there was something about how he looked at me which just seemed…scary.

Lay suddenly leaned in. I flinched when I felt his hand on my waist. He pulled me closer, our bodies now touching. I felt uncomfortable and the rapid beating of my heart wasn’t helping much either. This wasn’t the time for it to have such a reaction. I needed to get him off me before anything else was to happen. But Lay obviously knew what I wanted and he didn’t plan on giving in. I turned away and felt his hand turning me back to face him, but I didn’t look at him. However, I could feel his breath ghosting on my lips instead.

“Lay-” He cut me off with his lips on mine. Seconds, minutes or hours must’ve passed before I managed to push him off. I didn’t know what came over me, but the moment he was far away enough from me, I slapped him across the face. He stumbled back and fell into the sofa behind him.

My heart was beating at a ridiculous pace, the adrenaline pumping through my whole body. I could still feel the tingling sensation on my lips; they felt hot and very sensitive. Something that was all too new to me.

 

When I woke up the next morning, I went straight into the kitchen to prepare his breakfast. He hadn’t woken up yet to my relief and I was praying that he wouldn’t until I left the place. But now I was beginning to believe that my cries of help were never heard, because I could hear Lay mumbling. That’s when I froze. What if he remembers?

I was having a mental battle and the more I thought about it, the worse the scenario. I shook my head to rid those thoughts and continued with the food.

Moments later, Lay entered in with his head in his hands. I silently gave him a glass of water and went back to cooking. That’s not unusual right? He downed the entire glass and then stood motionlessly by the kitchen island. Maybe he did remember, because I could feel his eyes on me and my every move.

“What happened last night?” He muttered. The questioned sounded like it was more to himself than to me.  “Did something happen last night?” I stiffened for a slight moment, and then continued on, pretending as if I hadn’t heard him. When I didn’t reply, he moved beside me. He tilted his head to one side as he looked at me. I felt my heart skip a beat. . Stop, please stop reacting that way you stupid thing. But the events of last night decided to resurface and I couldn’t help but blush. I was praying so hard he wouldn’t notice.

“You came home drunk and passed out on the couch.” Okay, maybe that wasn’t all, but he didn’t need to know. Let’s just keep it a secret between you and I.

It took Lay a short moment to understand what I said before he nodded and walked off. As soon as he was out of hearing distance, I sighed in relief. My heart rate had escalated and only now did it calm down.

\\\end\\\


had to make changes. mianhe
(190614)

I feel that this chapter isn't good enough :L
sorry :(
as usual, comments would be appreciated and subscribers too ^^
Thank you to those that have subscribed as well :)
(060614)