CHAPTER X

Just Admit It

I DOUBLE UPDATED! 8D
Go back, if you haven't read chapter 9!


I glanced at the giant clock in the foyer of the hotel the gala was taking place in. About an hour was left until it was to end. An unsatisfied sigh left my lips.

This was not what I planned to do tonight.

For the past hour, I managed to avoid Lay. And according to Min, he tried finding me and even went as far as to asking people for my whereabouts. Surprisingly, I found myself smiling at the sound of that. Maybe, avoiding him was going a bit far, but hey, I had my reasons.

No, I didn’t actually. They weren’t reasonable enough, and I was starting to think how childish I had been acting the entire night. Maybe I should go back in there and have fun for the rest of the night. I did plan to make it memorable.

 

 

 

I stepped inside the dimmed room again through a door on the main floor and scanned my surroundings. Music was playing loudly, and everyone was happily swaying their hips from side to side on the dance floor. Teachers were sitting at one table in a far corner, chatting over the booming music with the chairman while Min and Lay were nowhere in sight.

My feet slowly dragged me to the centre of the room, as I tried to look for Min. But a couple of male students blocked my way. “Miss Lee!” one shouted over the music, “Dance with us!”

I chuckled, shaking my head, “No thanks!” I shouted back

“Aww come on!” Another pleaded. I stood awkwardly, still declining them. The song that was playing, ended, followed by a different one. The boys laughed, giving up and turned to a bunch of girls beside them.

“Dance with us later then!” They shouted and moved off into the middle of the dance floor.

I absentmindedly nodded, and headed off in search for familiar faces. My head was spinning all over the place, hoping to catch sight of Min. Where the heck is that girl!? I stepped out onto both balconies that were open to us, but failed to see her. All this time, I felt a pair of lingering eyes on me. The feeling was strong, but I could never pinpoint who the person was.

 

All of sudden, I heard those male students looking for me. I peeked through the balcony window to see them talking to a couple of teachers. My eyes rounded when they looked in my direction.

Crap, they were serious? An exasperated sigh escaped my lips as I frantically looked at my surroundings. Right, I was on a balcony, with only one way in and out. I glanced through the window again; their backs were now facing me. Taking this opportunity, I darted out and headed for the stairs to the garden. But soon enough, I heard them shouting for me.

I feigned ignorance and as quickly as I could, walked down the stairs to god knows which part of the garden. I pulled my phone out as if I had a call and continued walking hastily to a dimmer section. I could still hear their calls despite the drumming of my heartbeats echoing in my ear. Their voices were getting louder by the second as I looked from left to right in hope of finding a place to hide.

Out of nowhere, I felt someone grab onto my arm. I shrieked, feeling my entire body being pulled into the darkness. I landed on something, rather, someone as they hid me with their body. I took no initiative to move away, instead, allowed them to hold me as the soft thuds of my students’ footsteps lingered around the corner.

I was breathing heavily, from my attempt to escape from my students. With each breath out, meant taking another in. As I did, mixed with the strong fragrances of greens from the garden around us, was a familiar scent. It was mixed with some sort of cologne. The familiarity of it was muddling with my mind; someone I knew normally wore this scent. But I just couldn’t put my finger down as to who it was.

But what I knew was that this person was male.

Some guy was hugging me...

I realised the position we were in and pushed the mystery man away from me as I stepped out of the darkness. A pink tinge made its way onto my cheeks. The only thing I could make out was the outline of the figure. His face consumed by the darkness, made it all the harder for me to decipher who he was. But I could tell he never left, because I could still feel their eyes on me, waiting for my next move.

In the back of my mind, I was secretly hoping it’d be him.

Before I could ask, I felt my body being pushed up against the wall. He was still in the darkness, while a small glow of light was above me. But the two of us were still hidden from sight. His palm met the wall beside my head, creating a barrier so that I couldn’t escape. I felt his body move closer to mine, his breath making contact with my lips. I gasped when his arm s around my waist, pulling me closer to his body. My heart raced at the sudden touch.

The gap between us was slowly closing as his scent became stronger. But I found no strength to push him away. His cologne was intoxicating, alluring me even to the point that my mind no longer bore any sensible thoughts. I was positive he could see my reaction from the little light that was above me.

My breath hitched when our bodies touched, causing my mind to fill up with inappropriate thoughts of his lips upon mine.

“So beautiful.” He whispered, his hushed voice reaching my ear as the warmth of his breath did wonders to my insides. I shivered from the new sensation, feeling my legs slowly losing its strength. A gasp escaped my lips, when I felt his tongue prod my earlobe. My hands instantaneously reached out onto his shoulders to steady myself. 

He pulled back and hummed in satisfaction from my reaction, giving me a glimpse of his plush lips. A smile appeared on his lips and no sooner had I mirrored him, his lips came crashing down onto mine. My eyes popped wide open, from his sudden attack, unable to comprehend to the turn of events. I wasn’t able to respond and stood stiffly in his arms. But he tightened his grip around my waist, stopping me from escaping; not that I wanted to.

A whimper left my lips when he suddenly my bottom lip, lighting a fire inside me I never knew I had. I felt him smile into the breath-taking kiss, and by now I had no control over my mind. 

I hesitantly moved my lips against his, setting off the fire in the pits of our stomachs. His kiss got hotter, more passionate as his lips skilfully manoeuvred with mine. It was as if this was the last kiss we’d be sharing. Breathing got harder as his lips continued to do wonders to me. I was starting to feel weak and I could feel my body melting into his.

This was so wrong.

I hesitantly pulled away, our lips leaving each others with a pop sound. Heavy gasping filled the air as neither of us spoke.

“You…”

He didn’t give me the chance to finish and pressed his lips against mine for the second time. The fire was back and this time I didn’t hesitate in kissing him back. Our lips were fervently meshed together, twisting and turning in sync as my hands found their way across his toned chest, stopping there for a moment before progressing to his soft hair. It was smooth as it glided through my fingertips causing me to smile into the kiss.

He smirked, pressing harder and deeper into the kiss, causing me to whimper again. I was starting to find it hard to breathe all over again, but made no attempt to stop our lips from tugging at each other. His tongue suddenly swiped my bottom lip and I gasped, tilting my head back from the shock. But no sooner had I done so, I felt his hand gently pressing against the back of my head, pressing my lips deeper into his. 

Something was suddenly tugging my hair, making me pull away from the kiss. I tried to turn my head to ease the pain it was causing only to be suspended from moving any further. I cocked my head to one side to see his arm awkwardly hovering over it. I heard him chuckle as his other hand reached over to the sleeve that was caught in my hair. He slightly fiddled around and pulled one of my hair pins out.

Just as I was about to speak, I heard someone call my name.

It was Min. “Hyeonju!” she hissed

I could hear the shuffling of her dress getting closer and I continued to stand there like the dumbest idiot out. Panic was clearly written across my face when I realised what I was doing just then. What was worse was Min catching me. He laughed quietly to himself before ducking down to place a peck on my still tingling lips. He disappeared into the darkness just as fast as he had swooped down to steal another kiss.

After I managed to regain myself, I stepped out into the garden just as Min turned the corner. “What the heck happened to you?” Was the first thing she said when she saw me. I checked myself to see what she was talking about.

“Nothing.” I feigned ignorance.

She stepped closer and examined my lips, “Then why the heck are your lips swollen?” I pinked, remembering the hot kiss with the stranger. “You were making out with someone.” She giggled, lightly punching my arm.

“Where the heck were you? I was looking all over the place.” I ignored her question, hoping she’d drop the topic.

She chortled, “Not making out, like you were.”

“I was not making out!”

She crossed her arms, looking at me amusedly, “Hyeonju, you look like a mess.” Do I? I reached up to flatten my hair while, she on the other hand laughed to herself. “You don’t actually, but…” She reached over, turning my head to one side, “One of your hair pins are missing.”

I felt the blush on my cheeks again when I remembered the moment I had with the mysterious stranger. I didn’t feel embarrassed at all; in fact it made my insides tingle in excitement. I had just made out with a person I didn’t even know!

Now that was a memory made.

 


this chapter has not been edited...
 


but is it me, or is it hot in here? ;)

(270614)