CHAPTER IV

Just Admit It

ATTENTION!!
If you haven't read the edited version of chapter 3, go back and re-read it.


 

What happened that night was never brought up again. I was so relieved, yet at the same time, I felt disappointed he didn’t remember. You can kind of say that it was my first kiss, since that one I had in 3rd grade didn’t count. Let’s not talk about that ever again.

 

Since then, Lay’s actions started to confuse me, to the point that it started to get irritating.

He started caring about the things I do. He stopped asking me to cook him dinner on certain days, and even volunteered to make his own meals. And let me tell you, that boy can cook. I’m not being sarcastic. What he created was a masterpiece and I could definitely live on it forever. Okay, maybe I’m exaggerating a bit. But you get my point right?

Another thing was that Lay could actually take care of himself, but I guess he’s just too lazy to do any of those mediocre things. I even found out the reason behind why he had created such a dirty apartment. Apparently, his father was constantly setting up blind dates for him so that he’d have grandchildren sooner. Let me remind you his father is the chairman of Seoul Academy.

Anyway, that got out of hand so Lay decided that making his apartment look like a dump would get rid of those women. It worked, but then the chairman started hiring a cleaner and even went to picking random girls because Lay kept firing them. And what did I get out of that? Both father and son are as childish as ever.

But since moving in, the war between father and son had ceased. It took me a while to realise that I was being used. But knowing Lay, I definitely wasn’t his type. The chairman was just getting his hopes up, not knowing that nothing would happen between us.

Except, that’s what I initially thought, because something did occur between the two of us. But that was still unknown to Lay and I plan to keep it that way.

 

 

It was currently Friday night and I had nothing planned. I had finished cleaning the place a couple of hours ago and by the time I had finished eating, I finally felt the exhaustion my body was experiencing. I plonked myself onto the sofa with a deep sigh of relief. Within seconds, my body was parallel to the sofa and in the back of my mind, doing this wasn’t such a great idea. My back would be in pain by the time I woke up. But on the other side, I felt like I was sleeping in the clouds.

More like I was too lazy to move.

Slowly, my eye lids lowered and my breathing evened out. My surroundings started to become a blur. Although I didn’t know how long I was in such a state, I could tell that someone was now standing in front of me. I could see their legs and slowly, their face appeared. It was like a dream, a dream with Lay in it. …Lay? What was Lay doing in my dream?

I could hear his voice; it was soft like velvet and very comforting. But I couldn’t understand what he was saying…was it Korean? Gibberish? I didn’t think too much into that because I felt a warm and soft touch on my cheek. I didn’t know what came over me, but I think I leaned into it. And then… he chuckled? Everything was still a blur. But I could still feel his touch on my cheek, then on my lips. It was warm where his finger was as it glided across my bottom lip. Then that warmth spread further as it covered my lips. Was he…?

It can’t be though, but how would I know being in such a state and all. But what I knew was that, shortly afterwards, I had fallen asleep.

 

 

 

By the time I woke up the following morning, it had taken me a moment to realise I was no longer in the living room. I was tucked nicely in bed underneath the warm covers. I lay their motionlessly as I tried to remember how I ended up here. And it suddenly became clear that the only person behind this would only be him.

There he goes again, confusing me with his words and contradicting them with his actions.

His sudden change in behaviour was really starting to bother me. I know I shouldn’t be troubled by such things, but might I remind you that I live with him. I had to face him every single day. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not that I don’t like it. But get this; he’d be all nice and gentle one day, and the next he’d act as if we’d just met. It was like constantly knocking down this brick wall and having it built within the next second.

I could never understand what he was thinking.

 


shorter chapter...
is anyone actually reading this fic? 
please leave a comment. I would appreciate it if you guys could let me know what you think so far.

(190614)