CHAPTER XI

Just Admit It

I didn’t see Lay again after Min spotted me in the garden. To be honest, I was a little disappointed he didn’t further pursue his search for me. Then again, I was still going to see him once I got home anyway.

On the other hand, I never found out who the mysterious guy in the darkness was either. I was kind of glad though, because knowing me, I’d have no idea how to act around him. Do I just pretend it never happened then? I mean, that kiss obviously meant something, plus, he didn’t seem like he was drunk. So it meant he knew what he was doing…right?

Does that also mean he knows who I am?

I could suddenly feel my heart racing at the mere thought of who it could’ve been. The memory of the kiss etched clearly in my mind, something I wasn’t going to forget any time soon. What I did was something I didn’t know I had the guts to do. Making out with a mysterious guy? He could’ve been a ert for all I knew, but for some reason, I didn’t feel scared or uncomfortable around him. It was like I knew him. I felt a sense of safety in his arms, those strong, muscular arms, arms like Lay’s.

Oh gosh, what am I thinking? It can’t be him; of course it can’t be him. Why the heck am I even considering it’d be Lay?

Okay, I have officially gone crazy.

But why am I feeling excited? Why is my heart suddenly beating faster? All these questions clouded my mind because admittedly, I wasn’t going to own up to the fact that I had developed feelings for Lay.

But deep down inside, the small spark that had ignited was slowly becoming a flame that I wasn’t going to be able to put out. 

 

 

Min dropped me off outside the apartment a bit after midnight. I entered the apartment, not expecting him to still be awake. But Lay was sitting on the sofa still dressed in his suit when I walked in. He turned his body around when he heard the door’s signal and eyed me. I ducked my head down to avoid his gaze, immediately pulling off the pair of heels I had sustained all night. They were killing me with each step I took. I made a mental note to myself that buying cheap shoes were never great choices. When my feet finally met with the cool sensation of the tiles, I felt at ease. I could stand here all night. But something was stopping me and it wasn’t my aching feet. Slowly, I lifted my head to meet a pair of dark alluring eyes staring straight into mine. I felt my heart skip a beat the moment our eyes met.

Clearing my throat, I shifted my gaze elsewhere and started to make my way back to my room. The path from where I stood seemed so far, yet so close. I let out an irritated sigh, why is there only one pathway in this gigantic apartment from the front door to my bedroom? I was mentally crying as I took a couple of steps forward. My feet were killing me and to top it off, I was feeling exhausted. Those two were not a good combination.

Time itself seemed like it was slowing down and Lay’s eyes continued to follow me as I grunted my way past him. I probably looked like a complete idiot, limping away in an exquisite dress. And to make matters worse, his gaze never left me. I felt so self-conscious about myself to the point that I wanted to hide, or better yet, just poke his eyes out.

This was not a good sign; I’m starting to become violent a—

A shriek left my lips before I could even finish my thoughts as I felt my body being lifted into the air. Instinctively, I wrapped my arms around the culprit’s neck. With wide eyes, I turned my head around ready to complain about his lack of notice to his appearance only to freeze mid-way. My breath hitched. If I were to move another inch, something dreadful would happen, because unfortunately, his face was closer than I expected. I felt the blush forming on my cheeks and immediately I averted my eyes down so that I was looking at his nose, not his eyes or lips, because that would give off the wrong meaning.

However, Lay was still staring at me. The intensity of his gaze was making me feel more and more uncomfortable by the second. I opened my mouth in attempt to speak, but to my disappointment, I had lost my ability to do so. What great timing I mentally scoffed. But more importantly, why was I suddenly acting like a damsel in distress? I didn’t need his help, and if this was his definition of help then that boy needed to check the dictionary.

I could suddenly feel his chest vibrating, an indication that he was chuckling. The feeling, unfortunately, sent a million tingles down my body. Did he find it amusing that I’m feeling uncomfortable at the moment? The nerve. And what was the point of him carrying me anyway? Is he just going to stand here all night?

Why the heck am I even letting him hold me? This was going nowhere. I sighed, which he seemed to have caught me doing and titled his head to one side. In my peripheral vision, I could see a satisfied smirk playing on his lips. Lay was most definitely enjoying this. And he was certainly doing much more than just trying to ease my pained feet right now which he obviously knew.

 

Admittedly, as happy as I was in his arms, I had to get away from him. I didn’t know how much longer my heart could take this rapid beating. Its escalation had, without a doubt, formed a whole lot of crazed out thoughts. But as hopeless as I was feeling, I didn’t have the guts to speak up. Even though I was praying that he’d put me down without the need for me to ask him to do so, I wasn’t going to count on my pleas anymore, since they never seem to be heard.

But I had to do something.

In my haste, I decided to look up. Regret was the first thing I felt when our eyes met. It seems his eyes had never left me, and when I found the courage to look into his, I found myself lost in them. I was mesmerised. Who knew looking into someone’s eyes would have such an effect on me, and the fact that they also belonged to a person of the opposite almost made it hard to believe.

My heart was probably racing at a million miles per hour by now since I could hear the rapid beats echoing in my ear. Lay continued to stare at me with those captivating, dark brown orbs of his as neither of us intended to be the first to look away. But I had obviously spoken too soon when I noticed his eyes trailing down to my lips. Immediately, I felt a blush rising.

My eyes unconsciously averted to his lips. Was it just me, or does Lay’s lips look awfully familiar? My insides were stirring up, the tingly feeling coming back when I suddenly imagined those pair of lips on mine. Would they be soft? Luscious like they looked? My head was spinning from all those inappropriate thoughts.

Maybe, just maybe, the mysterious person at the gala could’ve possibly be—

Without me noticing, Lay had carried me back to my bedroom. I had been too caught up in my thoughts to become aware of the fact that he had even moved. Gently, he set me down on my bed and gazed at me the same way he had when I was still in his arms. A sudden wave of disappointment and insecurity washed over me. What an odd feeling, I thought to myself.

“Feeling better?” His asked with a soft voice. I nodded, unable to meet his eyes again, fearing that if I did, I wouldn’t be able to act normally. “I’ll fill the bath for you first, wait here.” He turned around almost immediately, not allowing me to stop him. I heaved a sigh. Lay was acting weird again.

I sat at the edge of my bed, waiting quietly for Lay to exit the bathroom. When he did, I stood up and started to make my way over. However, the boy came jogging over and swiftly, lifted me into his arms again. Alarmed by the sudden loss of solid ground, I squealed and clung to him in fear. Lay chuckled with an indescribable expression.

“I-I can get there myself.” I just had to stutter didn’t I?

“It’s the least I can do.” He quickly retorted and with a few long strides, the two of us were standing in the steamy bathroom. After making sure I was able to stand on my own two feet, he flashed a smile and shut the door behind him as he left. My eyes lingered on the closed door for a moment, before I realised I wasn’t able to get out of my dress without the help of another person.

Hesitantly, I poked my head out, hoping he’d still be around. To my surprise Lay was leaning on the side with his arms across his chest, his arms were flexed revealing his biceps underneath the black button-up. I gulped and quickly averted my gaze back to his face.

“Could you give me a hand?” I swivelled around and lifted up the stray stands of hair on my back, gesturing towards the zipper. I could already feel my face burning up from embarrassment.

I felt his hands gently unhook the top of my dress and slowly he ped the dress open. It was getting embarrassing with the speed he was going at, but I couldn’t find my voice to tell him to hurry. Out of nowhere, a short and sharp waft of cold air hit my exposed back causing a ripple of shivers to run down my body. My heart involuntarily started to race.

“There.” He murmured. I turned around to thank him, only to face an empty bedroom.

 


 

well that was rather...ual at the end. . .
yes, I did that on purpose. but pls, I don't do . so don't ask 8D

anyway, please leave a comment guys! ^^

(170714)