Chapter 2

Ms. Matchmaker

CH. 2

A purple pixie haired woman was in the elevator. She was holding her phone and messaging her girlfriend that she was in her way to her best friend’s place. The elevator dinged indicating that she arrived to the floor of her friend’s place. The hallway had a carpeted floor. The wall lights were illuminating the hallway.  The wall was painted with pastel color. She liked the place of her friend because it gave a hotel like feeling.

The pixie haired woman knocked on the flesh colored door. The number of the room was 405. She patiently waited for the owner to open the door. The woman knocked again and finally the door creaked open. She was welcomed by a messed haired shorty.

“What are you doing here?!” The shorty asked irritated because her best friend interrupted her very beautiful dream. In her dream, Jessica and she were dating and about to kiss. But before it could happen, Taeyeon was woke up by the knocking on her door.

“Good morning to you ill-tempered Taeyeon!” Soon-kyu greeted her and sashayed inside the house. She sat on the couch and the TV. It looked like she was the owner of the house.

“Seriously, what are you doing here?” Taeyeon asked and sat beside her. The former was too sleepy and decided to lean her head on Soon-kyu’s shoulder.

“I’m here to tell that I’m going to Oh my Bubbles.”

“That’s all?”

“Yup.” Taeyeon lifted her head and looked at her with her furious eyes.

“You woke me up from my date with Jessica just to tell that you are going to Oh my Bubbles!” Taeyeon hollered.

“Geez! Calm down!”

“How can I calm down, Soon-kyu?! I’m having a date!” The pixie haired woman rolled her eyes. The date word suddenly hit her.

“Date? You and Jessica?” She asked shocked.

“Yes, in my dreams we are dating.” Soon-kyu chortled.

“What are you laughing at?!”

“Tae, even your subconscious mind wanted you to make a move on Jessica.”

“Nope!”

“So, you’re just going to dream on her and get married in your dream?”

“Yes, at least in my dreams we’re together.” Taeyeon heaved a sigh. She wanted her dream to be her reality but in her case, everything would be a messed if she would make a move and make it come true.

“Tae, just befriend her and get to know her.”

“Then what’s next? Introduce her to someone and that someone take her away from me,” She looked at Soon-kyu with watery eyes. “Take my only happiness?”

Her best friend held her right hand and squeezed it tightly. Seeing her liked this wanted her to take away the charm that her best friend have. Having this charm made her best friend to be single forever. It was like she was helping them to find a lover but her, she couldn’t. Soon-kyu heard a loud gasped that broke her train of thoughts. She looked at her best friend with that was looking at their interlaced hands.

“What’s wrong?” She asked worried.

“You held my hand.” Taeyeon answered.

“Yeah, I can see that.”

“Why?!” The other hollered.

“Because I want to comfort you.”

“Why holding my hand?!”

“What’s wrong with it?” Taeyeon untangled her hand and held it. The tears were pouring down on her cheeks. Her best friend panicked.

“Why are you crying?” The shorty stood up.

“You Soon-kyu,” Taeyeon pointed her. “You ruined my date with Jessica. And now! Now, her touch is all gone because of you.” She ran towards her room and left a dumbfounder Soon-kyu. What is that? She asked herself.

 

 

The bubble store entrance glass door opened. A sulking and pouting shorty walked inside followed by an annoyed pixie haired woman. They were greeted by the tall and slender woman. The tall woman hugged the latter and gave her a kissed on her lips.

“What’s wrong with her?” Sooyoung asked when she noticed the weird behavior of her girlfriend’s best friend.

“She’s sulking because I erase Jessica’s touch” She answered and air-quoted the word touch. The tall woman widen her eyes.

“They touch each other?”

“Apparently, yes. They met in the elevator in the radio station.”

“Oh, cool. Maybe the sulking shorty will turn her mood 360 degrees once she sees the walking goddess.” Sooyoung pointed the entrance using her lips. Her girlfriend kissed her puckered lips.

“Hello Jessica-ssi!” The tall man greeted the newly arrived Jessica.

“Oh, hello Sooyoung-ah and Soon-kyu-ah.”

“Same order?” Jessica nodded her head. Sooyoung left the two.

“Want to join us?” Soon-kyu asked. The pepper haired woman was hesitant to answer.

“Uh. Sure?” The former dragged her towards their table. Soon-kyu let her sat beside Taeyeon.

Sooyoung was right. The sulking Taeyeon turned her mood into 360 degrees. Seeing her best friend dragging her long time crush/love and sat beside her made her sour mood into sweet one. She was hiding her smile by sipping the milk tea. Her heart was beating erratically again. The butterflies that was inside her stomach were free again.

“Taeyeon!” She heard Soon-kyu’s voice.

“Don’t look at Jessica too much. She’s going to melt if you keep on doing that.” Taeyeon glared at her best friend. She wanted to kill her right now. Her best friend just rolled her eyes. She heard a giggle from her side. The former saw that Jessica was giggling.

“Don’t listen to her.” She said defensively.

“It’s okay.” Jessica said and patted her arm. The touch of Jessica gave her electrifying feeling. Taeyeon was celebrating and jumping mentally.

The shorty was in cloud nine. Jessica sitting beside her and patted her makes her mind lost her sanity. Taeyeon calmed herself. She suddenly realized that Jessica and Soon-kyu knew each other. How did she knows Jessica? She asked herself. Why did not Soon-kyu tell me about this?!

The order of Jessica and Soon-kyu arrived. Sooyoung sat beside her girlfriend and saw the not-in-herself Taeyeon. She wanted to tell her that she should stop gawking at Jessica. But before she could do that, a loud bang heard. Taeyeon hit the table.

“You know each other?!” Taeyeon hollered. Sooyoung and Soon-kyu rolled their eyes.

“Yes, Dj Taeng.” Jessica answered.

“How?” Taeyeon looked at her. She notice that the peppered haired girl was blushing. Maybe because of the weather.

“I’m a regular customer here. So, I met Soon-kyu through Sooyoung.” The shortest among them nodded her head.

“Like I said before, I always see you here. I wanted to approach you but every time I tried you run away.” Taeyeon mentally slapped her head and banged it on the wall. She chicken out every time Jessica tried to approach her. The former couldn’t count how many times she tried talking to her.

“I’m sorry.” She said and lowered her head. Then, a kick on her shin made Taeyeon yelped in pain. The pained woman raised her head and saw a smirking Sooyoung. She wanted to kick her back but a hand stopped her.

“Are you okay?” Jessica asked concerned. Taeyeon absentmindedly nodded her head. Her mind was occupied of the thought that she will not wash her shirt after this. And no one would touch her arm.

“What happen?” The concerned woman asked.

“Oh, nothing.” Taeyeon’s plan succeed. She heard a yelped from Sooyoung that made her grin and smirk at her.

“Baby, are you okay?” Soon-kyu asked.

“Yes, I am.”

“What is in there?” Jessica asked pointing underneath the table.

“Nothing. Don’t mind it.” Taeyeon answered for her. She beamed her a smile. The shorty noticed the blush again. Is it really hot here? She looked around and felt her surroundings. It’s not that hot. Taeyeon just shrugged her shoulders.

“So, Dj Taeng.”

“Call me Taeyeon, Jessica-ssi.”

“Okay, Taeyeon-ssi. Why did you become a Dj?”

Taeyeon gulped the invisible lump in . She was thinking if she will tell the right thing or just lie. A heavy sigh escaped from her lips. She choose to tell her the truth.

“I have this charm thing.” She started.

“What charm?”

“That I can make two strangers become a couple.”

Jessica nodded her head and signaled Taeyeon to continue. The latter continued on explaining her the charm that she have. The pepper haired girl was listening to her with all ears. Hearing Taeyeon from radio and talking to her live was really different. It was better or rather best to see her in person than just listening to her. Jessica noticed the mannerism of her. Biting her lower lip while thinking of the right words to explain it to her. The squeezing of her jeans on her knees. Even the shy smile that Taeyeon was discreetly giving her. Jessica noticed everything about her.

On the other side, the couple were snickering at the new friends. The duo knew that Taeyeon was loosening up. The talkative Taeyeon was a sign that she was comfortable with the person she was talking to. The also liked the small physical interaction of the two. The playful slapped and the hold on the shoulder made them cute.

“Ehem!” Soon-kyu faked cough. The two stopped from being playful. They finally realized that they were not alone.

“So, you’re getting well.” Sooyoung said.

“Yeah.” Taeyeon scratched her head and smiled timidly. She cocked her head and saw that Jessica was messaging someone.

“My friend texted me. I need to go now.” Jessica said. The shorty pouted that made the woman beside her giggle.

“We can see and talk to each other tomorrow.” Taeyeon’s pout changed into a grin. She was smiling from ear to ear.

“Really?!” She squealed. It was louder than she wanted to be.

“Yes, I really need to go. Bye!” Jessica stood up and marched outside the store while waving her hand. The couple across her was snickering. Taeyeon cocked her head and saw the mischievous smile on their faces.

“We can see and talk to each other tomorrow.” Soon-kyu said to Sooyoung. Imitating the way Jessica said it.

“Really?!” Sooyoung squealed and kissed her lips.

“Yah! The kiss is not part of it.” Taeyeon threw a crumpled tissue on Sooyoung.

“So, Soon-kyu here is my baby and I can kiss her as many as I want.” The shortest just scoffed.

“Tae, my baby’s point is that you can kiss her if you’re together as a couple.” Soon-kyu told her best friend.

“I know.”

“You’re getting close now so make a subtle move.” Sooyoung suggested and wriggled her eyebrows.

 Taeyeon grabbed the milk tea that she neglected. The ice of the milk tea already melted. But to her, the taste was the sweetest thing ever. After a short chitchat with Jessica, her mood was sweet and everything around her was colorful.

“I already made subtle move on her.”

“Tae, she doesn’t know that you’re the one who’s giving her gifts. Now Tae, give her gifts that she’s aware that you’re the one who give it. Just do it discreetly and subtle. Like when you’re talking to her, leave her your gift.” Soon-kyu said to her. She was trying to convince her best friend. Taeyeon heaved a sigh.

“I don’t know Soon-kyu.” Taeyeon sipped her milk tea again. This time, she tasted the bitter taste of the tea. Honestly, Taeyeon didn’t know where the bitter taste come from. Is the taste came from the tea or from herself? I wanted her to be mine but destiny won’t let me.

 

 

“What do you want for dinner?” Soon-kyu asked her.

“I don’t know.” The words came out muffled. Taeyeon’s face was buried on the table.

“What?” The latter cocked her head and looked at her best friend.

“I don’t know.”

“Tae, your show is about to start. Eat something.”

“But I don’t have appetite.”

“But you need too.”

“Just buy the food you want.”

“Fine!” She stomped her feet and walked out and closed the door with a loud bang.

Taeyeon buried her face again on the table. A deep sigh escaped from her lips. Since the thought of destiny wouldn’t let her to be with Jessica, her mood was low. Her favorite milk tea didn’t do its magic to cheer her up. The stupid and lame jokes that Sooyoung and Soon-kyu didn’t do the trick either. Before, she usually cranked up their jokes and laughed her Ajhumma laughed.

“Tae,” She lifted her body and saw Ha-Eun Eonni. Taeyeon stood up and bowed at her.

“Later Tae, I want you to meet the new intern.”

“We are having an intern?” Taeyeon raised a questioning brow. Usually, the interns choose the morning radio shows because it was a better schedule for them.

“Yeah.”

“Why at night? I mean, the intern can choose the morning or afternoon radio show.”

“Well, she wanted it at night. She’s a nocturnal person.” Ha-Eun Eonni joked. Taeyeon just smiled at her.

“So, she’s a girl.”

“Yes Tae, I said she.”

“Oh.”

The two of them stood up inside the room. Taeyeon was having an awkward atmosphere with Ha-Eun Eonni. She was also feeling insecure and conscious because Ha-Eun Eonni was looking at her from head to toe. It was like her eyes were scrutinizing her and looking at every details of her body.

“Why Eonni?”

“Nothing.”

“Sure?”

“Yes.” The older woman looked around.

“Where is Soon-kyu?”

“She left to buy me dinner.”

“Are you sure that you and Soon-kyu are not dating?”

“What?!”

“I’m just asking Taeyeon. You don’t have to shout.”

“Of course not! Soon-kyu have Sooyoung.”

“How about you?”

“Nada.” Taeyeon released a sigh.

“Hey Tae! Maybe later she will come.” Ha-Eun winked at her and bade goodbye. I hope she’s Jessica. I only want her and only her.

 

 

The clock was 45 minutes passed 11 o’clock. Ms. Matchmaker would be over soon. There were already five callers that successfully found their ‘future lover’. Another five callers that got solution to their lover problems. Taeyeon was reading the tweets and different post messages on her Facebook and Twitter account. Every message had positive feedback from her performance in her show.

“My show is almost done.” She used an ‘Aw’ expression as a background sound effect.

“But don’t worry because tomorrow will be another Ms. Matchmaker session.” Clapping of hands were now heard.

“I know that everyone is happy because they found their love.” Taeyeon was reading the tweets. A tweet caught her attention.

“A tweet from MeltingMe18. She said. Hey Dj Taeng! Have you found you’re the one?” She read the tweet.

“Hey MeltingMe18! You know what. Eighteen is my favorite number. It was and still my favorite number because that day I met the person who made my heart beat a thousand time.” She smiled remembering her almost worst day ever.

“Well, I can say that I found my ‘the one’. But I couldn’t be with that person. She is a star that is far from me and impossible to reach. If I tried to reach and touch her or be with her, I know that I will get hurt because of the burning temperature she is emitting. Albeit to that, I still keep on looking and admiring at her because she’s the light at my dark and melancholy night.” Taeyeon smiled sadly.

“Why mood suddenly becomes serious?” She chuckled a little.

“Oh well. My show is almost done now. So before I go, I wanted to dedicate this song to my star. Thank you for being there. I know that you’re not aware that I love you. That’s why I’m loving you from a distance. This is Dj Taeng saying another day will end but don’t stop looking for him or her. Just wait for that person patiently. Like what everybody said, true love waits. This is another fun time with you my listeners. See you tomorrow! Bye!” The Dj removed the headphone and put it on the table. She played the song of her love life.

  Song: Can't Keep Loving You

 

 

“Hey Taeng!” Shin-Hye called her. The female that called her was one of their assistant in the booth. She was also pretty and very affable.

“Oh, Shin-Hye-ah.”

“Eonni Boss said that we will have a meeting later to meet the intern.”

“Okay.” Taeyeon made an okay sign.

“That’s all, Shin-Hye-ah?” She noticed that the assistant was fidgeting and showed like she wanted to say something.

“Ah. For you.” The assistant gave her a milk tea in a bottle. It was her favorite milk tea aside from the Oh my Bubbles.

“Thank you Shin-Hye-ah.” Taeyeon ruffled her hair. The latter was blushing because of the gesture.

“Uhm. Welcome!” Shin-Hye bowed and smiled at her.

“Are you okay?” The Dj asked. Her face came closer and looked at the red face of the assistant. Shin-Hye’s face became redder.

“Do you have a fever?” Taeyeon asked and touch her forehead.

“Uhmm. N-o.” Shin-hye only said one word and she stuttered.

“Sure?”

“Y-e-s.” She stuttered again.

“Okay. Just rest, Shin-Hye-ah. It is hard without you here. There will be no beautiful assistant.” Taeyeon bade goodbye and spun her heels. She didn’t saw how Shin-hye muffled her squealing and jumped because of the giddiness that Taeyeon gave her.

 

 

The Dj was looking at the tweets from her listeners. They were telling that she should tell her star her true feelings. She wanted to reply that I really wanted to! But she just choose not to. The Dj got overwhelmed by the positive and inspiring messages that they were giving her.

Taeyeon absentmindedly opened the door for the conference room. She sat on one of the swivel chair not minding her surroundings. Her hand settled her phone but still reading the tweets. She opened the milk tea that Shin-Hye gave. A giggle escaped from her lips. The cuteness and shyness of the assistant was adorable for her. This was the first time that the assistant acted that way. She took her phone and took a picture of the milk tea and posted on her Instagram. The caption was ‘My energy booster after long night of work. Thank you for this our beautiful assistant! @PShin_18’

“Ehem!” The Dj cocked her head and saw her best friend was giving her a deadly glare.

“What’s wrong?” She asked.

“My energy booster after long night of work. Thank you for this our beautiful assistant!” Soon-kyu read the post with a mocking tone.

“What’s the problem with that?”

“Well, Taeyeon this post is a way of flirting with our assistant.” Taeyeon chocked on her drink.

“What?! I’m not flirting with her.”

“Tae, you can just thank her without telling the beautiful part.”

“Shin-hye-ah is beautiful.” Soon-kyu wanted to scold her but she got cut in because the door opened and Ha-Eun Eonni entered followed by Shin-Hye who was smiling from ear to ear. The latter sat beside Taeyeon.

“So, we will have a short meeting to meet our intern.” Ha-Eun said.

“Who is she?” Soon-kyu asked. The pixie haired woman was hiding her smirking. She already met the intern and she was sure that Taeyeon will lost her sanity.

“She’s a broadcasting student. Her name is Jung Soo-yeon.” The door opened and a peppered woman entered the room.

Taeyeon looked at her. The star finally landed on the land. Her whole worlds suddenly stopped because of her star. The dj knew that she was reachable but still far from her.

“Hi! I’m Jung Soo-yeon but you can call me Jessica. Please take care of me.” She bowed.

The Dj was looking forward to work with her but at the same time she was anxious. Being closer to her means the higher chance of getting to know her. She knew that she already fell for her but she got a feeling that she will fall more for her.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2

 

Thank you for the comment, subscribe, and upvote! ^_____________^

 

#WeWillHealSoon