Chapter 10

Ms. Matchmaker

CH. 10

Happily skipping feet collided against the floor. The skipping reflected the blissful face of the petite DJ. The happiness also enveloping her heart that made her to hum some melodic and harmonious sound. She was smiling from ear to ear as she admired the bouquet of flowers in her grasped. Her arms were protectively wrapping around the flowers.

“I’m excited, Tiff.” The female voice squealed with delight.

The squealing passed through her ears that halted on her tracks. This voice made her flutter and gave her giddy feeling. But hearing another person’s name sweetly uttered by her gave a bitter taste on her palate instead of sweetness.  

“I know Jess. So, see you tomorrow.” Another person said with the same tone with the former.

Her vision became blur as she saw how her best friend kissed the cheek of her Jessica. The blissful feeling vanished and turned into anguished. The protective arms around the flowers loosen. And gradually, the flowers fell on the ground.

“I thought I’m doing a good job?” She asked herself.

“I’m not good enough?” The petite DJ asked again. This time, the tone was more painful. She spun her heels and every step she made left a marked on the floor. It was like her feet were a heavy metal and cracked the floor.

 

 

Loud banging sound struck the wooden door of a small apartment. The owner of this apartment was no other than the pixie haired woman. She was pissed because of the intruder that was destroying her door.

“Can you just wait a little longer?” Soon-kyu asked. The banging became louder.

“Geez!” The purple haired exasperatedly opened the door but her expression changed into a gentle one as she saw the tears on her best friend’s face.

“Taenggo, what happened?”

The petite DJ bear hugged her best friend. She didn’t answer the question. Instead, she just cried her hearts out.

“Taenggo?” Soon-kyu gently whispered.

The blouse of the pixie haired was soaked already. Taeyeon’s tears kept pouring down. The former’s heart shattered into piece as she saw her dorky best friend turned into a crying fountain or faucet. It didn’t matter because those two produce water. Fountain or faucet? It’s just the same. She brushed off the nonsense question in her head. Oh, Taeyeon-ah needs me right now.

“Tell me what’s wrong?” She asked again.

“Soon-kyu,” Taeyeon said gently.

“Yes?” She was looking at Taeyeon that giving her puppy eyes.

“I’m hungry.” Soon-kyu wanted to laugh but she stifled it. This was not the right time to laugh at the dorkiness of her best friend.

“You want Chinese, Korean, or junk food?” Taeyeon pouted and pondered for a while.

“Chinese.”

The pixie haired crept a smile on her face. She dialed the number of the Chinese restaurant near her place. Taeyeon was still clinging to her liked Soon-kyu was a tree. Too bad that the pixie haired was too short for being a tree. She was more of a chunk of wood or branch.

 

 

“Here.” Taeyeon reached out the take-out oyster pail.

“Spill.” Soon-kyu said.

The petite DJ lifted her head and looked at her best friend. Her brows were scrunched up. Spill? Taeyeon questioned. What am I going to spill? A moment of contemplation. Oh, I know now.

Soon-kyu looked at her best friend. Waiting for the explanation to her crying. All she saw was Taeyeon that looked likes thinking deeply. The scrunched up brows were one sign that she was thinking. Wait, why she is not swallowing and chewing her food? Then it hit her.

“Nope!” She said curtly. “Don’t try to spill the food.”

“Chew it.” Taeyeon chewed her food.

“Yes, swallow it.” The DJ swallowed it.

“Now, spill.”

“What am I going to spill? I already swallowed my food.” Soon-kyu swatted her head.

“Stupid! I’m not telling you to spill your food. I’m asking you to spill the reason why you are crying.” Taeyeon’s lips formed an ‘O’ shaped.

The petite DJ explained to her everything. From the moment that Boldself 2.0 was born up to the heartbreaking scene a while ago. Her eyes were b again. It was an excruciating feeling to remember the kissed on the cheek.

“So, you’re being bold.”

“That’s all you can say?” How her best friend could only heard the part of her being bold? She was in misery as of the moment and all she could think was her bold self.

“Well, I commend you for being bold.” Taeyeon goofily grinned to her best friend. She felt proud at her doings.

“Thank you!”

“Now,” Taeyeon was shocked to see a huge whiteboard in front of her. Her best friend also had a different outfit. She was wearing baggy pants and shirt. She rubbed her eyes to clear it. NOPE! I’m not dreaming. She is really wearing a corporate dress.

“We will start our lesson.” The pixie haired woman wrote something on the board.

Taeyeon read the writing on the board. She silently pronounced what was written. The words on the board was ING 101. 

“Welcome to ING 101.” The petite DJ got startled as she saw the long stick that her best friend was holding.

“I will teach you the steps to ing.” Soon-kyu wrote five letters on the board.

“S, C, T, F, and B?” Taeyeon said as she read the letters.

“Yes. S, C, T, F, and B are the letters you needed. Do you have an idea what these letters stand for?” The petite held her chin and think for a while. She snapped her finger.

“S and C stands for Student Council. T for Twitter. F and B is for Facebook. I’m such a genius.” She praised herself for coming up with the words for the letters. I’m so smart. But before her ego exploded because of her conceited self, a painful feeling stung the right side of her head.

“OUCH!” Taeyeon wailed in pain.

“YAH SOON-KYU! YOU KNOW THAT HITTING IS BAD!” She soothe her sore head. “I will tell this to the principal.”

“IDIOT! Your answer is wrong. And who the hell is the principal?!” Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders.

“Why hit me?”

“There is no fun if I just tell you that you’re wrong.” Taeyeon made face towards her best friend. Soon-kyu raised the stick to hit the former but she suppressed it. Nope Soon-kyu, you’re a professional today. Be a pro. PRO!

“Back to our topic. There are 5 Steps in ing. If you perfect it, then you’re a certified er.”

The petite DJ raised her left hand showing that she was all ears. “Continue.” Taeyeon brought out a notebook and ballpen. She chat down some notes.

“Okay. When you see Jessica and Tiffany, you need to make sure that there is a SPACE between them. So S stands for SPACE.” The petite DJ raised her hand.

“What if there is no space?”

“I will discuss that later.” Professor Soon-kyu hit the stick on the board.

“Next. If you see there is a space. Then it’s your CHANCE. C stands for Chance.” She wrote down the word Chance.

“Third. This is very important.” Taeyeon ferociously nodded her head.

“TIMING. Timing is very important. You need to wait the right time to lunge.”

“Okay. Space, chance, and time.”

“Correct! Now, the fourth step. FILL. You already see a space. A chance to intrude. And timing to be in between. It’s time to FILL the space.”

“Fill!” Taeyeon wrote.

“Last and final step,” Soon-kyu approached and bend down. “BLOCK.”

“Block.” The petite DJ repeated.

“Because you fill the space, it means that you block them.”

“Then I become a er!” Taeyeon hollered.

“Correct! You’re a er!” Soon-kyu smiled triumphantly.

“But what if there is no space?” That question kept on bugging her.

“Then screw step 1-5. Just go in between them.” The petite abruptly wrote it. Screw the steps. Be a er instantly. Taeyeon looked up. was agape. Where is the whiteboard?

“We’re done with ing 101.” Soon-kyu said.

“When did you change?” Her best friend was wearing a graduation robe.

“And since when you have a podium?” Soon-kyu ignored the bombarding questions of her best friend.

“Today, May 23, 2014. I award you this certificate for attending the ing 101. This certificate is signed by Miss Lee Soon-kyu.” The petite was flabbergasted. She absentmindedly held the certificate.

“Now, apply the things you learn.”

“Alright!” Taeyeon bade goodbye to her best friend. She happily skipped while repeating the steps.

“You’re a genius, Lee Soon-kyu. You’re a genius.”

 

 

Continues complaint was uttered by a red haired woman. Her hand was held tightly by her cousin who woke her up from her slumber. Because of her drowsiness, she couldn’t comprehend what her cousin said. All she could remember was about five steps. But she couldn’t remember everything. Oh, she also remember about spreading and applying what she learned.

“Tae! Where are we going?!”

“We’re going to be ers!”

“What?!”

“Shut up now! We’re here.”

The two were now standing in front of the lobby of an apartment. This place was awfully familiar to Amber. I brought a lot of memories to her. She’s still staying here. Amber thought. She got interrupted when a brunette squealed.

“TaeTae!” Tiffany squealed right after she was Taeyeon standing outside the lobby of her building.

“Fany-ah!” Taeyeon hollered back and lunged towards her best friend.

“I miss you, Taetae!”

“I miss you, too!” The petite DJ was about to kiss the cheek of Tiffany when a hand stopped her.

“Hold it!” Amber hollered. She forcefully pushed Taeyeon’s head away from Tiffany.

“Hold it!” She repeated again and ferociously untangled her cousin from the brunette.

“Better.” The red haired mumbled.

“What is better, Amber?” Tiffany asked.

“Nothing.” The red haired was standing between Tiffany and Taeyeon.

“Jess!” The brunette ran towards the newly arrived Jessica.

Taeyeon patted the shoulder of her cousin. The latter whipped her head and saw a grinning cousin of hers. The former gave two thumbs up.

“Why are you grinning and having thumbs up?”

“That’s what ing is all about.” Amber raised a questioning brow.

“What you did a while ago is called ing. That is what we are going to do today.” Taeyeon wiggled her eyebrows. She followed the two ladies that started to walk. Amber followed suit. Still lost of what her cousin was talking about.

 

 

The quartet were together for four hours now. Tiffany and Jessica were busy choosing clothes. While Taeyeon and Amber were busy separating them and standing in between them. So far, they were doing a good job. The red haired finally understood what ing was all about. She became the first apprentice of Taeyeon.

“I’m tired.” Amber complained.

Aside from being ers, they also became shopping bags rack. The shopping duo kept on buying things and gave the shopping bags to the Kim cousins. Taeyeon kept on insisting that they were gentlewomen and they should be carrying the bags.

“Me too.” Taeyeon agreed. She regretted volunteering in carrying their bags.

“They’re shopping machines.” The red haired told her cousin.

“Yeah, they’re shopaholics.” Taeyeon agreed again. Her cousin just heaved a sigh.

“Why girls love shopping?” Amber looked at her and shrugged.

“I don’t know.” The duo heard a sarcastic laugh near them. They whipped their head and saw Tiffany and Jessica laughing sarcastically while sashaying towards them.

“Ha-ha-ha. That’s the lamest joke ever.” Tiffany said.

“I agree with you Tiff.” The shopping duo high five each other sassily.

“Wait, what joke?” Taeyeon asked. She looked at her cousin. Pointed an accusing finger.

“Did you said one of your lame joke?”

“Yah! My jokes are not lame.”

“The joke we are talking about is the girls love shopping.” The brunette cut in before the bickering started.

“It’s a fact.” Amber retorted. Taeyeon nodded her head. Agreeing what her cousin said.

“It’s true.” Jessica said.

“Then, what is funny?” The petite DJ asked. She was lost in the labyrinth. What is funny about it?

“Ironically, those words came from two girls.” The pepper haired answered the question.

“Oh.” The cousins said in unison. They finally got out from the labyrinth.

“Let’s go now. We’re not done yet.” The brunette said. The Kim Cousins groaned. The other duo smirked deviously.

 

 

 Two tired bodies slumped down on the settee of the Oh My Bubbles. The duo were so tired. Being a human shopping rack for a day was too tiring. It was not an easy job especially that the two shopaholics bought the whole mall.

“Here is your milk tea.” Jessica gave the milk tea to Taeyeon. She sat on the other side of the settee.

The latter looked at where Jessica was sitting. No matter how tired she was, she stood up and sat beside. She remember the five steps and immediately did it. The DJ won’t let Tiffany to sit beside her Jessica.

“Here is your milk tea, Amber.” Tiffany handed the milk to the red haired. The position of the latter changed. From slouching position, it turned into a stiff one. Her body became tensed.

“Sica-ah” The DJ purred on her ear. She scooted closer and hugged the frozen pepper haired.

“What is it?”

“Nothing.” Taeyeon leaned her on Jessica’s shoulder.

The brunette sitting across them clapped her hands. She looked at her phone then to Jessica. The latter was also looking at her.

“Let’s go now, Jess.”

“Okay.” Jessica tapped Taeyeon to sit straight. The latter complied reluctantly.

“Where are you going?” The petite whined.

“Somewhere.” The pepper haired answered.

“We will come with you.”

“Nope, no midget is allowed there.” Tiffany said then stuck out her tongue.

“Sica-ah! Fany-ah is bullying me.” The DJ pointed her best friend then pursed her lips and showed her puppy eyes. She was trying to show her adorable sympathy face to the pepper haired. It was adorable for Taeyeon. Let her be.

“Tiff just saying the truth.” Jessica said flatly then spun her heels.

“Let’s go Tiff.” The brunette stuck out her tongue to her best friend. She also bade goodbye to Amber.

“That’s ouch, man.” The red haired said.

Taeyeon threw a tissue paper to her cousin. She crossed her arms and pouted. The latter burst into laughter. The sulking state of her cousin was funny.

 

 

“The show is over. Tomorrow, my best friend who left me hanging will be with us. So, this is DJ Taeng saying another day will end but don’t stop looking for him or her. Just wait for that person patiently. Like what everybody said, true love waits. This is another fun time with you my listeners. See you tomorrow! Bye!”

Taeyeon stepped out of the both. She walked straight to the chilling room. Her mind and soul was not with her. They were floating somewhere far from Taeyeon.

The whole time Taeyeon ran the show was in auto-pilot mode on. She was mechanically receiving calls and tending to the problems of her listeners. It was liked everything was program in her body.

“Hey Taenggo!” The DJ looked at her best friend blankly.

“What’s wrong?” Taeyeon kept mum.

“Is the ing 101 not a success?” The DJ shook her head.

“Then what’s wrong?”

“Jessica haven’t message or called me for,” She looked at her watch. “7 hours, 20 minutes, and 45 seconds.”

“Wow! That’s a long time.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes when she sensed the sarcasm behind her best friend’s words.

“I really love the sarcasm that’s innate in you.” Soon-kyu beamed a smug smile.

“Thank you!” She sat beside Taeyeon.

“Don’t worry. The love you have with my sarcasm is not unrequited.” Soonk-kyu looked at her best friend while patting her head. “So, congratulations.”

Taeyeon huffed at her best friend’s touché comeback. She was thinking that there was something wrong with her best friend. One moment she was gently and motherly. Then next thing you knew, she became a sarcastic evil best friend. How did Sooyoung keep up with her?

“Why are you here?” The DJ asked. Ignoring the question that was floating in her head. She made a mental note to interrogate Sooyoung one of this days.

“Here.” A small box was given to her.

“What’s this?”

“Open it for you to know.” She huffed again. Gentle Soon-kyu was all gone. The sarcastic evil version was with her now.

“Fine!”

Tore wrapping was on the floor. A blue tumbler was on the table. The design of the tumbler were two cute pandas with a huge heart was on top of them. Inside the heart was the words ‘Love is…’  

“Aw. Cute.” Soon-kyu squealed.

“Yeah, it’s cute.” Taeyeon agreed. She grabbed the note that was laid beside the tumbler. Her lips curve up as she read the note.

Dear DJ Taeng,

           I hope you use this tumbler every time you drink your hot milk tea. You know what, I love eating Oreo with milk. It’s one of my favorite thing. By the way, what do you think about the words in the heart?

Love,

MeltingMe18

P.S. For me, love is… being with the person YOU love. No matter how stupid or dense she is or he is.

 “You’re creepy.” Taeyeon whipped her head. She squinted her eyes.

“I know. I know. That’s you’re annoyed face to me.” Soon-kyu stood up.

“But Taenggo, we’ve known each other since we are kids. That look don’t intimidate me anymore.” Before Taeyeon could retort, her best friend left her.

“I will get back to you Sarcastic Evil Soon-kyu!” She lifted her left hand and formed a fist.

“I won’t let you possess my Gentle and Mother Soon-kyu.”

 

 

A bag was dropped on the floor. Followed by a tired body. Taeyeon swore that she won’t come if Jessica would go shopping. It was a traumatic experience for her. Nope, I will never be a human shopping rack again.

Her thoughts were interrupted because of the beeping of her phone. She smiled when she saw the name of the caller. Her finger curtly tapped the answer button.

“Hello Sica-ah!” She tried to sound enthusiastic but her tiredness dominated it.

“Are you home already?” The female on the other line said. Taeyeon could her the blissfulness in her voice.

“Why are you happy?”

“Secret!” Jessica said playfully.

Taeyeon was annoyed by Jessica. She was tired and didn’t want to talk to Jessica anymore. “I’m hanging up.”

“Why?!”

“I don’t know.” She answered deadpan.

“But I want to talk to you.” The other whined.

“Just sleep, Jessica.” The petite heard a faint gasped from the other line.

“But I cannot sleep.”

“Well, I want to sleep.”

“Okay. Good night Jessica!”

“Good night.” Jessica said softly.

Taeyeon tossed her phone of the sofa. The tone of Jessica as she said good night bugged her. It was a heartbreaking tone. She closed her eyes and heaved a sigh.

“It hate myself!”

 

 

The dimmed hallway of an apartment was peaceful. Most of the occupants were resting because it was already past midnight. But, a petite woman that was standing in front of Room 318. She raised her hand to knock on the door but stopped. This scenario was happening for the past 30 minutes.

“Just knock the freaking door!” She scolded herself.

“Knock!” Finally, she knocked on the door.

Every second passed felt like a decade for her. It was liked prolonging her agony. Please open the door! She pleaded desperately. Please!

The door opened. Taeyeon heaved a sigh as she go the glimpse of the pepper haired she was missing. Her lips automatically turned upward. All of the tiredness in her body were all gone. This lady in front of her was all she needed to gain the energy she lost.

“Taeyeon-ah.” Jessica said. Baffled expression was written on her face. Taeyeon lifted her hands and showed the things she brought.

“Milk,” She showed the new tumbler containing the hot milk that she made.

“And Oreo.” A pack of unopened Oreo was given to Jessica. The latter happily accepted it and opened it right away.

“She likes Oreo.” Taeyeon mumbled as she followed the pepper haired that was munching the Oreo.

The two sat on the comfortable settee of Jessica. The latter was still busy munching the Oreo. But this time, she was dipping it on the milk.

“I want one, too.” The petite DJ pouted.

“The get one.” The pepper haired said flatly.

“Give me one.”

“Nope.”

“Please!” Taeyeon came up with a new equation. She was trying it to Jessica. Aegyo plus puppy eyes equals to?

“Fine!” The pepper haired grabbed an Oreo and dipped on the milk then gave to Taeyeon.

“Thank you, Sica-ah!” She beamed a smile. Aegyo plus puppy eyes equals to forgiving Sica-ah.

They continued eating the Oreo. The last piece was inside the wrapper. Jessica was about to grab it but Taeyeon stopped her. The latter grabbed it.

“For you.” The pepper haired timidly smiled at her. Jessica shyly ate the last piece.

“Now, we can rest.” The right arm of Taeyeon instantly s around the shoulder of Jessica. She moved the head of the latter to lean on her shoulder.

“I’m sorry if I acted cold.” She whispered. Jessica scooted closer and moved her head to Taeyeon’s neck.

“I really miss you.” Her arms hugged Jessica more tightly.

This moment, she knew that Jessica was made for her. How the latter fit perfectly in her grasp. How her heart beat so fast. How she saw the future with Jessica. Wearing the white wedding dress and exchanging the vow to forever.

“You’re really rocking my world.” She planted a kiss on the crown of her head.

The two slept on the couch. Their position was uncomfortable but they felt that this was better than the bed inside the room. The warmth of each other was enough.

 

__________________________________________________________________________

A.N. I'm sorry if my update took a long time. I kept on re-writting chapter 10. I kinda lost the drive to write. Wait, don't panic yet. I have a good news, I'm slowly back on my track. So, expect an update. 

I wish that you enjoyed this chapter. Thank you for the comments and upvote. Until next update.

Comment, upvote, and subscribe.