Chapter 4

Ms. Matchmaker

CH. 4

Vast of people were walking in and out of the train station. Most of them were tourist who were there to shop some souvenirs or some things that could be bought in low price. Namdenum was one stop shop. Everything was in there and the best thing was you could bought it in lower prices. From bags, shoes, clothes, food, and even camera.

A petite woman was there to buy a camera. Actually, a pepper haired woman asked her if she could accompany her in buying a camera. She instantly said yes because accompanying her was equal to a date with her. Sadly, the thought of this as a date was only in her part not for the other woman who invited her.

“Taeyeon-ah!” The woman of her thoughts was finally here. Her lips turned up when she saw the bliss on her face. It was like mirroring her the same bliss that was all over her face.

“Jessica-ah!” She beckoned her to come closer. Jessica gleefully skipped towards her.

“Sorry, I’m late.” The pepper haired woman said.

“Nope, it’s okay. I just arrived a while ago.”

Truthfully, the petite woman was standing outside the train station for almost an hour. She was too excited that was the reason why she woke up early and arrived earlier than the set time. Her heart was throbbing because she was sure that this would be their first date. She was jumping and squealing right now.

“Let’s go.” Jessica said.

The two walked side-by-side. People were all over the place. They were buying different accessories and other stuff. The stores were also filled with couple items. Taeyeon wanted to drag Jessica in one of the stores and buy a couple item for them. But she shook her head and said to herself that this was a real date and not her ‘dream’ date. This was better than what I dreamed off. She thought.

“Why do you want to buy a camera?” Taeyeon asked. They were almost to the camera street of Namdenum.

“I’m planning to give the camera to the special person in my life.” What Jessica said made Taeyeon pout. She suddenly felt reluctant to accompany her.

“You said you’re single.”

“But I never said that I don’t have someone special.” Taeyeon’s mood was definitely sour. Her heart clenched of the thought that Jessica was in love with someone else. And her feet suddenly became heavy and harder for her to walk.

“Oh.” That was the only word that Taeyeon could bravely utter. She tried to sound happy but her tone betrayed her.

“Hey! Are you okay?” Jessica asked.

“Yes,” Taeyeon lied.

“I felt that my stomach is empty.” She held her stomach and made a random circle on top of it.

“Oh, then let’s eat first.”

The two detoured. They went to the part of Namdenum were the food was everywhere. Most of the food were street food.

The petite woman just said that she was hungry to divert her attention. Right now, she wanted a milk tea and something to vent out her stress and gloomy feeling. Her eyes fell on the right hand of Jessica that was swaying back and forth. How does it feel to hold your hand for a very long time? Will you let me to hold it forever? Her hand suddenly felt a warm and soft that was intertwined with hers. She gasped and widen her eyes when Jessica held her hand.

“There are lots of people in here. I don’t want you and me to get lost or separated.” Jessica explained. Taeyeon just nodded absentmindedly. So, this is how it feels like to hold your hand. She smiled inside her mind. If I could, I will not let your hand go.

 

 

They finally arrived and ordered different food. Jessica was still holding her hand that made her grin but it vanished when she remembered that she had a special someone. She made up her mind that enjoy every moment with her. And when the time comes that she needed to let go, then she will no matter how heart breaking it was. This one of the moments that I will keep forever. A day with my star.

“You have a sauce on your face.” Taeyeon was about to remove her hand from Jessica but the other woman held it tightly. Jessica’s free hand wiped the sauce on her face. That gesture made Taeyeon blushed.

“Now, everything is normal again.” The pepper haired woman beamed a smile.

“Normal?” The petite woman asked with perplexed look.

“Meaning, you’re beautiful.” Her face became warmer. Hearing compliments from her love gave her a giddy feeling.

“Let’s go now. I think that you are full.”

The two walked back from the trail that they used a while ago. Their hands were still interlaced. Taeyeon felt that this was really a date. Holding Jessica’s hand was one of the things she wanted to do. And now, it was finally happening. It was a freaking and awesome holding hands. She was thinking of how not to wash her hands and get her hand away from everybody especially her best friend.

“You’re hands are sweating.” Jessica noticed. In reflex, Taeyeon tried to remove her hand. Again, tried to remove her hand but she didn’t succeed.

“I’m just saying. I’m not telling you that to let your hand go.” Her gloomy feeling surely disappeared because of what Jessica said. This was the best date ever in her life! Opps, it was the only date she experienced while she was awake. Most of her date was in her unconscious state (meaning during her sleep).

“We’re here.” The pepper haired announced.

They instantly looked for a particular camera model that Jessica wanted. It was Polaroid Sun 600. That camera model was an instant camera produced during the 80’s. It was one of Taeyeon’s camera that she wanted to buy. But she was too busy to buy one and Soon-kyu was not kind enough to buy as a gift for her. She was pleading for her best friend for years to buy her for that but Soon-kyu was just glaring at her.

“Can I look at this?” Jessica asked pointing the camera.

Taeyeon heaved a sigh. Whoever he or she was very lucky because a Jung Jessica was buying a precious camera for him or her. She felt envious and jealousy at the same time. I wish I’m that person.

“Let’s go.” The petite woman saw that Jessica already paid for the camera. How did she paid for it? She didn’t let go of my hand? How can she get her wallet? Her mind was filled of questions.

“Taeyeon-ah?” The pepper woman called her name softly. It was like an angel calling her name.

“Yes?”

“Are you busy?”

“Nope, why?”

“Then, let’s roam around. It is still early to go to the radio station.” Taeyeon looked at her watch and saw it was already passed 1 in the afternoon.

“Do you want to eat again?” The petite woman asked.

“Yeah, sure.”

The two went to a noddle store. Both of them ordered noodles. They suddenly craved for something warm for their stomach. While waiting, Taeyeon fished out her phone and captured a stolen photo of Jessica that was sitting beside her. Until now, their hands were still intertwined. Every time Taeyeon tried to let go, Jessica would held it tightly. She chuckled as she remember how Jessica dragged her to sit beside her.

“Why are you laughing?” The pepper haired asked.

“Nothing.” Taeyeon posted her photo on her Instagram. The caption was ‘Accompanying her #HappyDay’. A smile appeared on her lips as she felt the bliss that was overflowing from her heart.

“Why are you smiling?” Jessica asked as she leaned her chin on Taeyeon’s shoulder.

 This made Taeyeon panicked. Wait, do I smell nice? She cocked her head on the side. Her eyes widen when she saw the minuscule distance between her lips and Jessica’s lips. The sultry breath of Jessica made her breathing hitched. She held her breath and noticed that the distance was getting shorter and shorter. Taeyeon closed her eyes and let the moment to materialize.

“Here’s your order.” The Ajhumma said.

The petite woman internally groaned. It was 0.00013265 centimeters away from Jessica’s lips. Taeyeon didn’t know how she calculated their distance but she was sure that it was too close. Very close. She looked at the Ajhumma that was smiling at her. But Taeyeon saw an evil smiled on the Ajhumma. She shook her head and finally saw the bright smile of her.

“Enjoy!”

The two were enveloped into an awkward atmosphere. They silently eating their noodles. Taeyeon remembered their almost kiss that made her cheeks warm. She felt warmer when Jessica held her hand again. The former gasped for air and gathered enough courage to utter the question.

“You really like to hold my hand.” She questioned in a teasing tone.

“So?” Jessica asked deadpanned.

“Nothing.” Taeyeon continued eating but halted when she saw that Jessica was not eating her noodles.

“Why are you not eating?” The latter looked down. Taeyeon followed her line of sight and saw their intertwined hands.

“Let go of my hand so you can eat.” Taeyeon suggested.

“No!” Jessica hollered that made Taeyeon flabbergasted.

“Why?”

“Feed me.” The pepper haired woman whined.

“Why?” Taeyeon scrunched up her brows. She didn’t know why Jessica was asking for her to feed her. Jessica has her own hands. The petite woman thought. Duh! She’s holding your hand. Her conscience told her. Right! Taeyeon agreed with her inner self. OMG! I really need to see a psychiatrist or psychologist. NOW!

“Because look at them.” Jessica pursed her lips and pointed the people around them. The petite woman saw couples that feeding their lovers. Her cheeks flushed a shade of pink. No, red. It was liked all her blood were in her face and left her other body parts.

“Why? We’re not a couple.” But I wanted to be one, Taeyeon thought.

“I don’t care! Just feed me!” The frightened woman just followed what Jessica wanted. A furious Jessica was really frightening at the same time y in Taeyeon’s eyes. She’s very hot and y when she’s mad.

“Fine!” Taeyeon faked her reluctant gesture to show that she didn’t want. But her hands betrayed her because it was shaking when she raised the chopsticks and put it in front of Jessica’s lips.

“Thank you, Taeyeon-ah!” The pepper haired woman beamed a smile that melt Taeyeon’s heart.

A loud clanking sound of metal on the table reverberated inside the store. Taeyeon dropped the chopsticks she was holding when Jessica kissed her cheeks. The latter’s lips were soft like marshmallow. Taeyeon unconsciously liked her lips. What more if she kiss my lips? Her thoughts were disturbed because of whining Jessica.

“Why did you drop my chopsticks?”

“Sorry. I will use this.” Taeyeon abruptly grabbed her chopsticks and feed Jessica. She gasped when she realized that they had an indirect kissed. OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! That was the only thing that Taeyeon could think off. Her brain was dysfunctioning and only three letters were left in her head.

“Are you okay Taeyeon-ah?” She blinked her eyes and looked at the worried looking Jessica.

“Yes, I am.” Taeyeon was celebrating because she didn’t stutter. It was an achievement especially that she was in a dysfunctional state.

“What are you thinking?”

“Nothing.” The petite woman called the Ajhumma and paid for their noodles. They exited the noodle store and resumed their date.

 

 

“Let’s buy this!” Jessica squealed while pointing at the phone case.

“Why?” Taeyeon asked. The phone case she was pointing was a couple case.

This was the third ‘couple’ item if ever they were going to buy it. The first one they bought a couple shirt. Jessica insisted that it was not a couple shirt but obviously it was. The design was a panda in a backpack. The shirt with red backpack was for Taeyeon and the gray one was for Jessica. The second one they bought panda jackets. And now, they were going to buy a cellphone case with panda design.

“Here!” Taeyeon saw that the case of her phone was now different.

“How did you?” She asked.

“Let’s go!” Jessica tugged her hand and dragged her to the place where Taeyeon didn’t have any clue. They stopped in an ice cream store.

“Ice cream?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yes, let’s go!”

Jessica was the one who ordered ice cream for them. She bought 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream in one cup. The woman grabbed one ice cream spoon. Taeyeon was following what she was doing. She was looking curiously at her. Why only one cup of ice cream and spoon?

“Do you need help?” The latter stretched her free hand to help Jessica. Taeyeon realized that Jessica never let her hand go. During their shopping for couple items, Jessica was holding her hand. Until now, their hands were intertwined. Wow!

“Let’s eat.” Jessica scoped a small amount of ice cream and put it in front of Taeyeon’s lips.

“Ah.” The former said.

“Why?” Taeyeon asked. Jessica shoved the spoon to her.

“Yah! Why did you do that?” The former asked as Jessica feed her again.

“You’re asking too much question.” Jessica answered irritated but still feeding her ice cream.

“How about you?” Taeyeon asked. She grabbed the spoon and feed her an ice cream. OMG! We’re having indirect kiss again!

“Now your turn.” The pepper haired woman grabbed the spoon and feed Taeyeon again.

“Thank you for accompanying me.” Taeyeon just beamed a blissful smile.

“Welcome!”

The two happily feed each other with ice cream. This day was the second best day in Taeyeon’s life. The first one was the day she met Jessica and now their date. The word date made her smile and have a giddy feeling.

“Let’s go to the station.” Jessica said.

 

 

The train was packed with different passengers. Taeyeon was shocked because the train was full. It was weekend and supposedly the commuters were not this pack. The two were standing in the corner of the train. Taeyeon was pushed closer to Jessica. The former wanted to protect Jessica from the other passengers. So, she decided to let her hand go. Jessica loudly groaned that made Taeyeon chuckled. Taeyeon engulfed her into a tight hug.

“I’m not letting you go. I’m holding you closer as possible.” She whispered.

“I’m glad to hear that.” Jessica snuggled closer to her. She buried her neck in Taeyeon’s crook.

The two were liked only the people who were existing in this world. The feeling of Jessica in her grasp was the thing that she wanted to feel every day. Her body against her made her heart felt complete. Like the big hole in her heart was filled and sealed with Jessica’s presence.

“I want to stay like this.” She mumbled against her ears.

 

 

The chilling room was filled with sweet melodic songs. The DJ was sitting and reading her script for tonight’s show. But her mind and spirit were not with her. She was still replaying the moment she had with Jessica. The never letting go of hand made her heart leaped. The indirect kissed made her wanted to taste and feel her lips. The embracing her made her want to protect her from pain and this that would hurt her.

“Taenggo!” Her best friend pushed her.

“What?!” She asked irritated. Here was her best friend again. Disturbing and interrupting her moments with Jessica.

“Here’s your dinner, Grumpy Taeyeon.”

“Thank you Lee Soon-kyu! You’re the best of the bestest best friend in the whole wide world!” Taeyeon squealed.

“What happened to you?”

“Nothing!” She smiled and happily munched her diner. Soon-kyu knew that the post of Taeyeon in her Instagram was the reason why she was happy. I’m glad that she’s making you happy, Taenggo-ah!

“I will go back now.” Soon-kyu bade goodbye.

Taeyeon was happily eating her dinner when she heard a knock from her door. A very beautiful and bright Shin-hye sashayed inside the room. The former was really shocked to see a very stunning Shin-hye. She knew that something was different to her and she couldn’t pin point.

“For you.” Shin-hye gave her a milk tea from Oh my Bubbles. Her daily dose of milk tea was forgotten because of Jessica. Having Jessica is better than drinking milk tea.

“Thank you Shin-hye-ah!” The assistant sat beside her.

“Why?” Taeyeon asked as she drink her milk tea.

“You’re beautiful.” Shin-hye absentmindedly blurted. The DJ chocked because of what she sad. Hearing Shin-hye compliment her was different from Jessica. There was no giddy feeling that she wanted to feel every single day.

“Uhmm. Thank you?”

“Can you accompany me in the mall this Monday?” Shin-hye asked timidly. What’s with the people asking me to accompany them? Am I really a good companion?

Taeyeon was about to answer but the door vehemently opened. A fuming Jessica was stomping towards their direction. She sat between her and Shin-hye. The fuming woman faced the assistant.

“Shin-hye-ssi, Ha-Eun boss is calling you.” Jessica said.

“Uhmm. Okay.” She reluctantly stood up and exited the chilling room that was really chilly right now. The temperature was really dropping and any time soon ice would form.

“Are you okay?” Taeyeon asked uncertainly.

“No!” Jessica hollered.

“Why?”

“Figure it out!”

“How?”

“Think Taeyeon!”

“I can’t think.”

“Why?”

“Because you’re mad. I don’t want you to get mad at me.” The frightened voice of Taeyeon made Jessica calmed down.

“I’m sorry. I got scolded by one of the Ajhussis.”

“Really? Why?”

“Just forget it.” The now calmed woman rested her back in the backrest of the sofa. Taeyeon looked at her face. This face was the one that she wanted to look for 24 hours and 7 times a week.

“Taeyeon-ah.”

“Yes?”

“Thank you for today.” Jessica stood up and gave her a paper bag.

“What is this?”

“A gift.”

“What for?”

“Just accept it.” The pepper haired woman exited the room with a curious Taeyeon.

She opened the paper bag and dropped her jaw. The camera that they bought was inside. Questions was flooding inside her head. Why would Jessica give this to me? A photo dropped on the sofa. It was a photo that Taeyeon was sure that was the one who Jessica took it. It was the maple doughnut from Oh my Bubbles. A certain memory resurfaced in her mind.

“Can’t be.”

 

 

A woman wearing a sweatshirt was sipping her milk tea. She was hiding her giggle and smile through drinking. The woman was looking at the cute blonde that was taking pictures using her instant camera. Every angle was taken by her.

“Any minute from now her photo paper will run out.” She mumbled.

And what she said was true. Her instant camera finally run out of paper. Taeyeon chuckled when she saw that the blonde brought out a new pack of photo paper. The blonde took another photo of anything around her. She finally stopped taking pictures when she started eating.

Taeyeon was now the one who was taking pictures of her. She sneakily took her picture like she was a paparazzi. But she stopped when she heard the dolphin scream of the blonde.

“Oh my gosh! My camera!” Jessica shouted. Her instant camera fell on the floor when one of the customers that walked her way and accidentally bumped her camera.

“I’m sorry.” The customer apologized.

“No, it’s okay.”

“I will buy you a new one.”

“No, it’s really okay. I will just buy a new one.”

“I’m really sorry.” The customer bowed to her.

“It’s okay.” Jessica smiled. The customer made her last apology and bade goodbye to her.

Taeyeon heard Jessica was cursing and telling that her months of not spending was put to waste. The blonde saved all her allowance to buy the instant camera that she wanted. But now, her camera was into piece and fixing it was not an option.

“I will wait for Christmas and ask Santa to buy me a new one.”

The listening woman snapped her fingers and stood up. She ran to the nearest mall and bought the instant camera. The model she bought was pricier than the one that Jessica bought. Taeyeon didn’t care of the price. As long as seeing Jessica smile was priceless than anything in this world.

 

 

The glass door of the milk tea shop opened. A blonde with a sad face entered the store. She ordered her usual order and sat in her usual seat. But her unusual sad expression made Taeyeon’s heart felt sad. Today was 18th of October and this would be second monthsary.

“Jessia-ssi!” Sooyoung called Jessica’s name.

The blonde stood up and also Taeyeon. The latter walked opposite of her direction and stopped in her track to put the gift on the table. She hid herself at the corner and saw that Jessica was back. Taeyeon walked back to her position and saw the surprise face of Jessica.

“I hope you like it.” She mumbled.

The blonde opened the gift and she gasped. She saw a new instant camera. The shocked woman looked around and looking for someone who maybe left the gift. But she didn’t see anyone. Jessica opened the gift and went agape as she saw that it was really an instant camera. But a better and more expensive camera. A photo fell. She looked at it.

Taeyeon remembered what was in the photo. It was the maple doughnut that she and Jessica always order. The former was not fan of doughnuts but she started to like it because of Jessica. There was also a note at the back saying ‘Hello! This is the second gift you receive from me. I know that this is a pricey gift but I saw the other day that yours got broken. So, here is the new one. Take a lots of photo and compile it. I hope one day I will see it. P.S. I hope you’re not freaking out. I swear I’m not a stalker.’

The blonde smiled as she read the note. Taeyeon also smiled. They were liking mirroring each other’s expression. The blonde’s happiness was her happiness.

 

“Taeyeon!” The purple pixie haired woman a.k.a her best friend beckoned her because her show was about to start.

Taeyeon kept the instant camera in her bag. She still didn’t have a clue why Jessica gave her a gift. Her mind was too occupied with the woozy thoughts to have or came up with definite clue. Again, her mind was in dysfunctional state.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is chapter 4. Wheew! I thought that I couldn’t update this. I hope you enjoy this update. I really wish that I made you smile. And right now, I’m wishing that Taeyeon was stop crying.

Thank you for the comment, subscribe, and upvote! Until next update.

 

Upvote, comment, and subscribe

These are the couple pandas

 

Couple shirt

Couple phone case

Couple jacket