Chapter 6

Ms. Matchmaker

CH. 6

Loud sound of descending and ascending of airplane was heard from where the petite woman was standing. Bustling of people from different parts of the world arrived pushing their pushcarts where their luggage was placed. Outside the arrival area was their relatives who were patiently waiting for them.

"Where are you?" Taeyeon mumbled. She was holding a large plaque were 'Welcome Home Hwang Tiffany!' was written.

Her eyes were roaming around. Looking at different faces that might be her long lost best friend. Finally, a beautiful brunette was running towards her. She left her pushcart and lunged towards her.

"Taetae!" The brunette squealed and hugged her.

"Fany-ah!" She squealed back.

The two untangled from their minute long hug. The brunette looked at Taeyeon. A smirked from her lips.

"What's with the smirk?" Taeyeon asked. The smirked changed into a sly smile.

"All of your post in SNS are giving cringed and goosebumps." Tiffany said and shivered. The petite woman playfully slapped her arm.

"Not!" The brunette chortled.

"Where is Soon-kyu?"

"In the station. Ha-Eun Eonni called her. There will be a get together tonight because of the success of Ms. Matchmaker." Tiffany ruffled her hair.

"Aw. My small baby is famous now." Taeyeon hissed.

"Don't call me small baby," She said annoyed and stuck out her tongue.

"Yah!" Tiffany slapped her.

"Ouch!" The two chortled at the same time.

"We're crazy." The brunette said.

"I agree!"

Taeyeon helped Tiffany to push her cart. While walking, the two of them continued talking of the things they missed. They were happily chortling to things that they stupidly did.

Hwang Tiffany was Taeyeon's other best friend. The brunette was born in the US but raised in Korea. The two met in their college years. They were classmates and instantly click. But three years ago, the brunette received a job offer to the place she was born. Tiffany accepted and worked there. After three years, the brunette finally had a chance to have a vacation.

"I missed you!" Taeyeon said.

"I missed you, too, Taetae!" Tiffany held the free hand of Taeyeon.

These two were very showy. They held hands, kissed cheeks, and other sweet gestures-- that was way far from being close friends. Their classmates from college thought that they were a couple but they just deny and laughed at it. It was a ridiculous thing for them.

"I haven't seen Uncle Hwang for a very long time."

"Yeah, me too. I just see him during our video call."

"How long is your vacation here?"

"3-4 months."

"That long?"

"Yah!" Taeyeon untangled her hand from Tiffany's grasped and put her hand on her ears.

"After all these years Hwang, your voice is still loud."

"It’s your fault. The way you said that my vacation is too long sounded you don't want me to be here." Tiffany sulked. Taeyeon laughed and stretched out her hand. She pinched her nose.

"Yah Taetae!" The brunette was hitting her hand. Taeyeon was just chortling. This was one of the way they showed their affection that Taeyeon missed the most.

"Still violent." The petite woman removed her hand and laughed.

"I'm not!"

"Are too!"

"I'm not!"

"Are too!"

Their juvenile banters were disturbed by the ringing of Taeyeon's phone. The owner of the phone was about to answer but Tiffany grabbed her phone.

"No answering of call while driving, Taetae." Tiffany scolded her and answered the call. She set it to loudspeaker.

"Taetae's phone who is this?"

"Taeyeon-ah?" A female voice with a tone of disappointment answered.

"Hey Jessica!" Taeyeon hollered.

"Oh, I thought another person answered." A sigh of relief was heaved by her.

"Yes, you're right. I'm not the first one who answered your call."

"What?!" Jessica hollered from the other line.

"Why are you shouting?" Taeyeon didn't heard an instant answer from the other line. Jessica was telling incoherent words that Taeyeon was having a hard time to decipher.

"What?" The petite woman asked.

"Nothing!" Jessica answered curtly.

"Sure? Uhm. Ha-Eun boss said that be here an hour before the show."

"I will try," She looked at Tiffany. "I'm planning to have dinner with my friend."

The brunette squealed because of the thoughtfulness of her best friend. This was one of the things she loved about Taeyeon. The latter was the greatest friend you would ever had. She would be there when you needed her. She was willing to sacrifice so many things for the others to make them happy-- to the point that nothing was left for her-- only broken heart and feelings.

"Aw my small baby!" Tiffany squealed.

"What?!" The voice from the phone hollered.

"Uhmm Jessica-ah, I need to hang up now. See you later."

"Wait!" Jessica said but Taeyeon already hung up.

"You're rude!" Tiffany commented.

"I'm not!"

The two continued their childish banters. Taeyeon was looking forward to spend time with Tiffany. She would make sure that she would make the most out of it.

 

The blue sedan halted and parked in front of a modern house. The driver the car ran in a jiffy to open the passenger door. She bowed and courtesy

"Welcome home, my lady!" The passenger chortled.

"Dork!" Taeyeon laughed but didn't changed her expression.

"This way." She politely stretched her hand towards the path of the door. Tiffany shook her head.

"I will ring the bell for you." The gate of the house opened. They were welcomed by a man in his forties.

"Miyoung-ah! Taeyeon-ah!" The owner of the house greeted them.

"Appa!" Tiffany hugged her father.

"Oh Miyoung-ah, I missed you."

"Missed you, too." The father and daughter broke the hugged.

"Oh my Taeyeon-ah!" Mr. Hwang hugged Taeyeon.

"You did not grow at all." The man said when they were done hugging each other.

"Uncle!" Taeyeon whined.

"What? I'm just stating fact." Mr. Hwang wiggled his eyebrows. Taeyeon huffed that earned a loud laughed from the two Hwangs.

"Let's continue this inside." The man beckoned the two to come inside.

"The small baby is sulking." Tiffany pinched her cheeks.

"Am not!" The brunette held her hand and dragged her inside the house.

 

Taeyeon helped Tiffany to unpack and they were doing it for almost two hours and a half. The unpacking took so much time because of the playfulness of the duo. The petite woman would tickle the brunette. The latter would fight back that resulted from messed bed and tired duo.

"Taetae!" Tiffany whined. They were almost done but Taeyeon lunged towards here and hugged her.

"Fany-ah!"

"Taetae! Let me finish." The brunette said firmly.

"Owkay!" Taeyeon said in a childish tone. She sat on the bed and sulked. Tiffany just shook her head.

Finally, the brunette was done unpacking her things. A blu-ray of the animated movie ‘Up’ was in her hand. She sat beside Taeyeon and showed the movie.

"Taetae! Up!" The petite woman didn't looked nor glance.

"My small baby, don't sulk. Let's watch this!" Tiffany hugged her from the side.

"Fine!" Taeyeon stood up and grabbed the disc. She put in the player and grabbed the remote.

"What?" She asked. Tiffany didn't move from her spot. A cute pout and puppy eyes were shown on her face.

"Don't look at me like that, Hwang." Taeyeon threatened. Tiffany pouted more and gave her heart melting puppy eyes.

"Aish Hwang!"

"You're still mad at me."

"Fine!" Taeyeon gave the remote to her and left.

"Yah Taetae!" Tiffany called the retreating figure but Taeyeon ignored her.

 

The door opened. Taeyeon entered the room holding a tray with bucket of popcorn, ice cream, and drinks. She sauntered and saw Tiffany that was lying on the bed her stomach facing the bed.

"Hwang!" The petite woman grabbed the cold drink put it against her skin.

"Yah Taetae! Cold!"

"Here!" Taeyeon gave the popcorn.

"Aw!" Tiffany smiled at the cute and thoughtful Taeyeon. This was the thing she missed the most. In the US, there was no Taeyeon to pacify her every time she was a whiny kid. There was no Taeyeon who ran a thousand miles just to be with you. Only Kim Taeyeon made from South Korea could make these things.

"You know what, this is the thing I miss from you."

"What thing?" Tiffany scooted to give space for Taeyeon. The latter sat beside her and gave her ice cream and popcorn.

"My sweet and caring Taetae!"

"Of course! There is no Taeyeon in the US!" Taeyeon said smugly.

"I know! You're a rare species from Lilliput! Thank goodness that they ship you here!" Tiffany squealed. Taeyeon pompously laughed at her but stopped right away when she realized what Tiffany said.

"Yah! I'm not short!" 

"Do you want me to measure your height, Taetae?" Tiffany asked teasingly.

"Let's just watch the movie." Taeyeon grabbed the remote and tapped the play button. Tiffany chortled.

 

"Thank you for the lovely dinner, Mr. Hwang." Taeyeon thanked him. They were done eating their early dinner.

"Welcome Taeyeon-ah!" The man smiled.

"I need to go now." The petite woman stood up and bowed to him.

"Taetae!" Tiffany whined.

"What?"

"Don't go!"

"But I need to work." The brunette pouted.

"But I need you!" Taeyeon held both sides of her cheeks.

"I will just visit you tomorrow."

"But Taetae!"

"Fany-ah! I really need to go." Tiffany stood up and clung to her.

"Nooooo!" Taeyeon looked at Mr. Hwang for help but the latter looked away from her.

"Uncle!" She whined.

"I'm not doing anything Taeyeon-ah." Mr. Hwang stood up and went to the kitchen to wash the dishes.

"Fany-ah, I will visit you tomorrow. I promise!"

"No!" The words came out muffled because Tiffany buried her face on her chest.

"Fany-ah!" The clinging Tiffany looked at her.

"I want you to sleep here."

"But I can't."

"Why?!" Tiffany was becoming a whiny kid. For other people it was annoying but for Taeyeon it was the cutest thing ever.

"I have a party to attend later."

"Then I will come with you!"

"Are you not tired?" Taeyeon asked worried. She was looking directly at her. Tiffany shook her head.

"No jet lag?"

"No." The brunette gave her melting puppy eyes. Taeyeon regretted that she was looking at her orbs.

"Fine!" The petite woman said defeated.

"Yay! You're the best Taetae in the whole wide world!" A sweet damp lips touched Taeyeon's cheek. The petite woman lips curved up.

"I'm your only Taetae."

"Yes! And I'm lucky to have you." The two shared pleasant and content smile. It was surely that they missed each other.

"I'm going now." Taeyeon held her cheeks and kissed her forehead.

"Sooyoung will fetch you later, okay?" Tiffany nodded vehemently liked at good kid listening to her mother.

"Bye!"

Taeyeon bade goodbye to Mr Hwang and Tiffany. She smiled at the thought of having Tiffany back in her life. I'm glad you're back Fany-ah.

 

The petite woman arrived at the radio station. She ran towards the booth in a jiffy. A pixie haired woman blocked her way.

“Why are you late, again?”

“Soon-kyu! I’m not late.”

“But you’re on time.”

“I know. Blame Fany-ah.” Soon-kyu held Taeyeon’s arm and stopped her from walking.

“Hwang Tiffany is here?!”

“Yes Soon-kyu-ah!”

“OMO! I forgot!” The pixie haired woman abruptly fished out her phone and message her.

“Soon-kyu-ah! It’s a sign.”

“Sign?” She asked with furrowed eyebrows.

“A sign that you’re old!” Taeyeon ran right away before her best friend could hurt her.

“YAH TAENGGO! COME BACK HERE!”

“NO! The ajhussis are calling me now. Bye Halmeoni Soon-kyu!”

“YAH!” Soon-kyu stomped her foot and plotting of ways how to slaughter her short best friend.

“You’ll regret this day that you called me old!” She mumbled.

 

 

“And this will be the last call that we will accept tonight.” Taeyeon said over the microphone. The show was almost done and the show was running for almost 4 hours.

“Hello!” She greeted enthusiastically.

“Uhmm. Hi?” The caller greeted uncertainly. The voice of the caller was familiar to Taeyeon.

“Who’s this?” There was a long pause for a couple of seconds. Finally, the caller answered.

“Uhmmm. I’m Hwang Tiffany.” Taeyeon’s jaw dropped. Her hands instantly increased the volume.

“Pardon?” She held the headphones closer to her ear to hear it more clearly.

“Taetae! I said I’m Hwang Tiffany.” The whiny tone—and the awful pet name that was given to her by Tiffany were the signs that it was her.

“Yah! What are you doing?!” She hollered.

“Duh! I’m calling you.” Tiffany said in a matter-of-fact tone.

“Duh! Miss Obvious Mushroom!” Taeyeon retorted with the same tone.

“Taetae! Finish the show, now!” The DJ gasped.

“Yah Hwang! Don’t tell that on-air!”

“But Taetae! I missssss yoouuuuuuuuu!” Tiffany said in a cute voice that made her chortled.

“I know, but I need to work.”

“But I need you!” Albeit that Tiffany was not in front of her, she was sure that the brunette was cutely pouting.

“But my listeners need me too.”

“But I need you three!” Taeyeon shook her head. This conversation was going nowhere.

“And I need you four,” Her eyebrows furrowed. Four?

“Four?”

“Yeah!”

“Four what?”

“And I need you fourever!” Her lips curved up curtly. The cheesy Hwang was her favorite side of Tiffany. No matter how whiny and juvenile she was, Taeyeon still loved her. She was the only one who could tolerate the different side of her.

“Cheesy Hwang is back.”

“I’m back, deal with it! So finish the show!” Taeyeon refreshed her twitter and saw that her listeners were loving their interaction. They were telling that they were so cute. Some of them were asking if she was Taeyeon’s star.

“My listeners are loving you, Hwang.”

“I know, Taetae! I’m lovable.”

“Wow! I can feel you ego up here.”

“Shut up! I will hang up now.”

“Yah! You don’t have the right to hang up. This is not a simple phone call.”

“Fine!”

Taeyeon saw that Ha-Eun Eonni was telling her to end the show. It was almost done and they were just going to play songs at the end. The time given for the songs was for them to leave the station earlier.

“Fany-ah! I need to hang up now.”

“Yah! You said that I don’t have the right to hang up and now, you’re hanging up on me.”

“Because the Boss said that I will end the show.”

“Oh! Okay!” Tiffany hung up and didn’t even wait for the goodbye of Taeyeon.

“Yah Hwang!” All she could her was the dial tone.

“Aish Hwang! To my listeners, I want to apologize for my childish Fany-ah. She is perfectly normal,” Taeyeon put her hand to the microphone. She was like whispering. “But childish most of the time.”

The DJ sat straight. “This is DJ Taeng saying another day will end but don’t stop looking for him or her. Just wait for that person patiently. Like what everybody said, true love waits. This is another fun time with you my listeners. See you tomorrow! Bye!” Taeyeon removed her headphone and instantly exited the booth.

The door of the chilling room was opened. Taeyeon stepped inside and saw that Jessica was sitting alone. She sauntered and sat beside her.

“Jessica-ah!” The woman she was calling didn’t move or look at her.

“Jessica-ah!” Taeyeon called again and tugged her arm.

“What?!” Jessica looked at her.

Taeyeon felt liked she saw smoke coming out from her. The pepper haired woman was surely exasperated. It was shown not only in her face but also her eyes. The temperature of the room was gradually decreasing.

“Why are you mad?”

“I’m not!” Jessica stood up. “Okay?!” She shoved a box towards Taeyeon.

“Ouch!” Taeyeon yelped in pain.

“Jessica-ah!” She called her but the woman didn’t look at her.

“What’s wrong with her?” The petite woman opened the box. Her hands grabbed the blue notebook. It was a blue planner but with blank spaces for the date.

“Can’t be.”

 

Today was the 18th day for the month of January. This was another year for everyone. But for Taeyeon, it was another year to secretly look at her. The blonde that made her what love felt liked.

“I hope you will love this.” Taeyeon put her gift on top of the table. The blonde was in the restroom and liked what happened few months ago, she took this opportunity to give her gift.

The blonde came back and sat. She instantly opened the gift as her eyes laid on it. Her lips curved up as she saw the blue planner. The blonde scanned the blank pages of the planner and stopped at the back part.

Taeyeon saw that Jessica was reading her note. The note showed ‘Hello Jessica! Happy New Year! I hope this planner will help you to plan your year. I don’t you to be late in your deadlines. I don’t want my Jessica-ah to be scolded by her professors. Oopps! I’m sorry if I called you Jessica-ah. He-he-he! Until next time, Jessica-ah!

P.S. I wish that I’m part of your plan.’

 

“Maybe Jessica wanted me to write my schedule,” She hugged the planner. “Aw! Jessica is very considerate. She doesn’t want me to be late.”

Taeyeon kept the planner because Soon-kyu called her. She also received a message from Tiffany that they were on their way to the place. Taeyeon smiled at the thought of celebrating with Tiffany. I hope this night will be a good one.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6 done!

 

I’m sorry if the last part is kinda lame. I’m having colds right now and my eyes are sore. Thank you for the comment, upvote, and subscription. So, until next update!

P.S. I will update ‘My Girlfriend’ tomorrow.

P.P.S. Have you seen the f(x) Red Light? OMG! I'm spazzing over Amber! She's so hot! Love her red hair. ^__________^

What do you think will be Tiffany’s role? Comment below! ^___________________^