Chapter 11

Ms. Matchmaker

CH. 11

 

Group of men were setting up the studio lights that would be used for this day. Not far from their spot were other crew members who were running back and forth inside the studio. They were hustling and bustling. Carrying wardrobes, cables, make-up, and other materials necessary for the photo shoot.

But their movement halted when the studio door opened. Their eyes followed the steps of a petite woman that emerged in the chaotic studio. Most of the crew’s lips etched smile on their faces. Seeing the famous DJ in front of them gave them ecstatic feeling. A drive to work harder. A reason to excel in the tasks assigned to them.

“This way, Miss Kim.” A woman with auburn hair with full bangs and wearing a sophisticated black dress said to the excited petite.

“Okay, Victoria-ssi.” The woman named Victoria sashayed towards a room not too far away from them. The petite DJ followed a long with her.

The crew perked up when they saw that the DJ started to saunter. Some of them intentionally walked towards her direction just to say hi or smile to her. The DJ said hello with a very saccharine smile.

When the crew saw that the DJ gave pleasing smile to those who came closed to her, they started to crowd her place. They said hello and shook her hand. The things turned into a meet and greet event. The DJ was overwhelmed with the warm welcome. Never in her mind crossed that people would be this welcoming.

“Okay. That’s enough.” Victoria said while clapping her hands.

“Move everyone. Taeyeon-ssi needs to change and have her make-up done.” All the crew groaned as a protest. But they all shut up when they saw the squinting and scary death glare of their project head.

“Scoot!” With one snapped of her finger from the project head, everybody scattered and back from their original place. This time, they were doing their job more enthusiastically. Liked it was not 7 in the morning.

“Sorry for the Taeyeon-ssi.” Taeyeon ferociously shook her head and wave her hands.

“No Victoria-ssi, you don’t have to apologize. Actually, I felt glad that they welcomed me. My nervousness lessened. ” The intimidating project head smiled at her.

“You don’t have to be nervous. Everything will be alright.”

“I know Victoria-ssi. My sister believes in you. She trusted you.”

“I’m pleased to hear that. Your sister, Hyoyeon is really hardworking. Same with your sister-in-law.”

“If Hyoyeon and Joo-hyun are together, they will definitely word and work ‘til dawn.” The two looked at each other then laughed.

“When are they planning to have a baby?”

“Soon. I heard from Joo-hyun that they are planning to have a vacation. I also heard from Hyoyeon that they found a donor.”

“Good then.”

The talking duo finally arrived in front of the dressing room. The door opened and a female stepped out. Taeyeon was guessing that she was the make-up artist. The project head turned her attention to the female that just stepped out.

“Eunji, take care of Taeyeon-ssi.” Victoria shifted from Eunji back to Taeyeon. “Taeyeon-ssi, she’s Eunji. She will be your make-up artist.” And Taeyeon was right.

The DJ and the make-up artist bowed at the same time. They also shared smile. The latter gave a lingering glance before she beckoned the former to come inside and sat on the chair of the vanity table.

The light from the vanity table lit the features of Taeyeon’s face. It emphasized her nose, lips, and gave twinkling on her eyes. The make-up artist admired the beauty right in front of her. It was a rare opportunity to be this close to the famous DJ. Honestly, she expected a hostile and rude behavior. But she was flabbergasted when Taeyeon reciprocated the greetings of the crew with her cute smile.

In her line of job, she already experienced different celebrities. Some of them were friendly and amicable. Mostly were tad snobbish and so full of their selves. But this Kim Taeyeon. Whom one of the most famous DJ because of her charisma and unbelievable record of matchmaking was so down to earth and affable. She couldn’t help but to admire her more.

“Uhmmm. Eunji-ssi.” Taeyeon timidly called her name. She was aware of the stare that the make-up artist was giving to her. It made her conscious of her appearance.

“Yes, Taeyeon-ssi?”

“Can we start now?” Noticeable shade of pink were on the cheeks of Eunji. She suddenly became shy because she got caught. How could she not adore and just looked at her? The beauty of Taeyeon was palpable. It was radiating all over her.

 “Yeah, sure.”

 

After half an hour of make-up, Taeyeon was now changing her clothes. The first attire was casual. Dark leggings partnered with layering of cream cable knit sweater and stripped buttoned down shirt. Her footwear was brown ankle length boots.

Maybe you’re baffled to see that Taeyeon was wearing casual than gym clothes. Well, Taeyeon was not only covering for health magazine but also for the entertainment magazine under the same publisher of the health magazine. They took this chance to also feature her. Liked what they said, hitting two birds with one stone.

“Wow!” Eunji hollered.

The DJ blushed right away. The make-up artist was looking at her from head to toe. It made Taeyeon to fidget a little. The stare really made her uncomfortable.

“Not bad?” Taeyeon asked trying to break the stare of Eunji.

“What do you mean bad? It was absolutely the best. You look great.” Enthusiasm was too much in the tone of the make-up artist. It was overflowing.

Taeyeon’s head lowered due to embarrassment. She was also hiding the blushed that was showing on her cheeks. Compliment was one of the things that Taeyeon blushed. Jessica was the ultimate reason. She could have redness competition with apples and tomatoes.

“Aw. The DJ is shy.” Eunji .

“I’m not.” Taeyeon defended herself but her cheeks betrayed her.

“Tell that to your cheeks.”

The door creaked opened. A furious looking Victoria entered the dressing room. Livid aura burning around her. The make-up artist knew that something happened to make the project head this livid.

“Taeyeon-ssi,” Victoria called Taeyeon. The later felt scared when she heard the way the former called her name.

“I’m sorry to tell you that the other model for this shoot is sick. You need to wait a little longer.”

“It’s okay Victoria-ssi.”

“Well then, I’m going.” The project turned her heels but halted when the DJ called her for attention.

“Victoria-ssi,” The DJ called her name nervously. She was afraid to question her but it was bugging her.

“Yes?” A sigh of relief vented out from Taeyeon. She was relieved to hear a calmer tone from Victoria.

“Why there is another model?”

 The project head gave a small smile. “The peg of your photo shoot is you being a fitness coach. The other model will be your trainee.”

“Thank you for answering me.”

“Sorry for the delay, Taeyeon-ssi. My team is doing everything to find you a model.”

“It is okay, Victoria-ssi.”

“I’m really sorry. We will call you right away.”

“Okay.”

The project head gave a small smile then left. Taeyeon felt a pair of eyes were eyeing her. And she was right. The make-up artist was staring at her. Why is she looking me like that? The DJ fake a cough to divert the attention and lessen the awkwardness.

“Uhmmm. I will sit there.” Her finger pointed the settee on the corner of the dressing room beside the clothing rack.

“Yeah.” The make-up artist said.

Taeyeon swiftly sat on the settee. She fished out her phone and pretended that she was busy. This was the only time she noticed that Jessica hadn’t messaged or called her. She was about to message her when the side of the settee dipped down. Another person was sitting beside her.

“So, Taeyeon-ssi.” Eunji started. An above whisper hummed was the response of Taeyeon.

“How is it being a DJ?” Taeyeon’s eyes peeled off from her phone to the make-up artist. The looked back at her phone.

“Fine.”

“How fine is fine?”

“I get some perks.” She answered nonchalantly. Trying to calm the nerves that were working strenuously because of her nervousness.

“Like what?”

“You know, some perks.”

All of Taeyeon’s answer were plain and simple. She didn’t want to expound their conversation. Simple answers were Taeyeon’s way of showing that she was uncomfortable. She was hoping that the make-up artist felt the uncomfortable and awkward vibe that she was feeling.

“For a DJ, you’re a woman with few words.”

The settee dipped down again when the make-up artist scooted closer to her. The DJ scooted a little further from her. She almost dropped her phone when her phone rang.

“I will answer this call.” Taeyeon stood up and answered the call. She made sure that there was a quite space from her and Eunji.

Her stiffed body loosened when she heard the voice that she was longing for. A satisfied smile etched upon her face. But the smile disappeared when she heard the hoarse and nasal voice of the female on the other line.

“Sica-ah,” A weak hummed was made by Jessica.

“Are you okay?”

“I’m fine but I feel kinda cold.”

“Why?”

“Fever?”

“Fever?! Have you taken your medicine? Have you eaten your breakfast? Are you alone? Is someone there to take care of you?” And the bombarding question kept on going. Jessica didn’t get a chance to answer because when she tried, Taeyeon would come up with another question.

Her unending question stopped when she heard a weary giggle from the sick female. “Yah! Why are you laughing?”

“Your question is more than what my mother asked me.” Heat crept on the cheeks of the DJ.  

“I did?” Another weary giggle was heard followed by a cough.

“Yah Sica-ah! Stop laughing. You make worry.”

Honestly, Taeyeon wanted to ditch this photo shoot and left the place. Hearing the voice of Jessica this sick felt liked she needed to be there and took care of her. Taeyeon would change her profession from DJ to doctor or nurse for Jessica.

“I’m sorry Taeyeon-ah.”

“No Sica-ah, don’t say sorry. It’s not your fault that you get sick.”

“Taeyeon-ah.” Jessica said softly.

“Sica-ah.”

No one dared to speak. Only their breathing heard. This was enough for the two of them. No words needed to show or express their feelings. Silence was the one made their talking.

“Taeyeon-ssi,” Taeyeon whipped her head and saw Victoria standing in the doorframe.

“The model is already here.”

“Okay.”

“See you after five minutes.” After that, Victoria left.

“Sica-ah, the photo shoot will start in five.”

“I know, I heard.” Albeit that Jessica was sick, the tone of her was mixture of weak and coldness.

“Are you mad?”

“Why will I be mad?”

“I don’t know.”

Another silence. But compared the silence before and now. The silence now was far away from before. Way too far away. You could feel the tension and coldness emitting by the sick pepper haired. It was a lie if Taeyeon was not shivering from her spot. Even Jessica was miles away from her, she could feel it.

“Is she cute?” Jessica asked all of a sudden. There was no coldness. No tension. Instead, a whinny sound. Liked a child asking for a lollipop.

“I haven’t seen her.”

“Okay.”

Taeyeon was about to bade goodbye when the line went blank. Only phone static was heard. She knew that the pepper haired was pissed. But why? What reason?

“Hello!” She greeted the person that she called.

“Yeah, I need a favor.”

 Her phone conversation ended. She was beaming a satisfied smile. Now, she could work less worried. But her monthly salary was at stake. Why everybody loves mooching?

 

 

“That’s a wrap!” The photographer announced.

The whole crew and staff groaned because of dissatisfaction. Six hours of photo shoot was not enough. They needed more time to be with the affable DJ. They needed more time that was the reason that the supposedly four hours of shoot became six hours. The crew and the staff made a connivance to sabotage lengthen the photo shoot.

“We did great!” Taeyeon gleefully said to everyone. Everybody forced a smile to her. She marched towards her co-model.

“You are a great model, Minah-ssi.”

“You’re not bad yourself, Taeyeon-ssi. For a new model, you did great.”

“Really? So, I have potential?”

“Yeah.”

The model named Minah added to the long list of Taeyeon’s friends. Minah had this cute eyes smile liked Tiffany. But in terms of characteristics? The model was a timid and quiet type compared to her best friend who was loud and very showy.

The DJ was also thanking Minah for rescuing her from the dangerous make-up artist. The uncomfortable stare became not only stare but also touch. During the retouch, the make-up artist subtle touch the waist of Taeyeon and sometimes her shoulder or somewhere too intimate for her. Thank goodness that her co-model was there.

“So, see you soon.” Minah said that broke the trailing thoughts of her.

“Yeah, see you soon.”

 

 

“The total is fifteen thousand won.” The cashier said.

“Here.” Taeyeon paid for all her grocery stuff.

The content of the grocery bag were mostly fruits for Jessica. Medicine for Jessica. The ingredients for the soup that Taeyeon would cook later for Jessica. It was liked she bought the whole store. All for Jessica.  

“Come again!”

“I will. Bye!”

Taeyeon pushed the overly stuffed push cart. Her hands fished out the phone that was kept in her pocket. She dialed the number of her best friend who was tasked to take care of Jessica.

“Hello Soon-kyu!”

Yes, Lee Soon-kyu was Jessica’s babysitter. The DJ didn’t have any choice but to call her last resort (which was Soon-kyu). Hwang Tiffany came to her mind but brushed off immediately when she knew that Tiffany was not a safe option (In other words, Tiffany was a threat and she got jealous but didn’t admit it to herself).

“Yeah, I’m on my way to her place.”

“No, I’m not tired! I have a lot energy left in my body. Besides, there is a drink called energy drink.”

“I know that is bad for my health.”

“Yah Soon-kyu! Don’t lecture me!”

“Fine! Fine! I will buy you dinner.”

“Okay! Bye!”

She halted on her tracks when she was standing in front of her car. The grocery bags were swiftly put inside the trunk. Taeyeon was in a rush because wasting a minute meant wasting a precious time being with Jessica.

 

 

“KIM TAEYEON!”

An annoying voice welcomed Taeyeon as she opened the door of Jessica’s apartment. She got more annoyed to see the aegyo looked of her best friend. Aegyo looked meant she was showing her throw-up-cutesy-face.

“Yah Lee Soon-kyu!”

Her best friend didn’t paid attention to her. She swiftly grabbed the paper bag that was wafting in the foyer with delicious aroma.

“Aw. Taengoo! You bought my favorite.”

“Because you told me to buy it.” Taeyeon murmured.

“What are you saying?” Soon-kyu glared at her menacingly

“I said that enjoy your dinner.” She beamed a faked smile that was reciprocated by a faker smile.

“Aw. You’re really sweet Taengoo!” Her best friend pinched her cheeks then happily skipped away from her.

Taeyeon followed her best friend towards the kitchen. She laid the grocery bags on the counter top then head to the room of Jessica.

The room was pitched black. A huge lumped was palpable on the bed. Taeyeon silently entered the room. She sat on the bedside of Jessica.

The peaceful sleeping face of Jessica was the first thing she saw. Taeyeon leaned a little closer and planted a chaste kissed on Jessica’s cheek. After the kissed, she let her hand to caress the cheek of the sleeping figure.

“You’re not that hot anymore.”

The DJ leaned again to plant another kiss on her cheek. One kissed lead to another and another and another until Taeyeon kissed her for more than ten times. The cute cheeks of Jessica was too inviting for Taeyeon’s lips.

“I need to stop. I’m molesting your cheeks now.” Her palm and her forehead collided because of the ert thoughts running on her mind.

“Stop Taeyeon! You need to cook the soup for Jessica.”

After gaining enough self-control, Taeyeon finally left Jessica’s room. She walked straight ahead towards the kitchen and started cooking the Kim’s special noodle soup.

 

 

A tray filled with soup, sliced fruits, water, fruit juice, and medicine was placed on the side table. The sleeping figure was wakened up by a gentle tapped on her shoulder and a warm kissed on her cheek. She rubbed her eyes and when everything was clear. A smiling petite was looking at her.

“Hello my sick Sica-ah!”

“Taeyeon-ah, what are you doing here?”

“I’m here because my Sica-ah is sick. I’m here to be her personal doctor.” There was a vivid red on Jessica’s cheeks. Taeyeon thought that her sickness was the cause of it.

“Now, as a personal doctor. I’m giving you the Kim’s special noodle soup.”

The plain looking noodle was presented to Jessica. It was liked the normal noodle soup that you could buy in restaurants. Nothing special about it.

“What’s so special about it?” Jessica asked while scrutinizing the content of the soup.

“It is special because of the secret ingredient.”

“What secret ingredient?”

“My love. I cooked it with all my heart. With all my love.” The pepper haired stared at her. Her eyes were widen.

“What’s wrong Sica-ah?”

“Nothing!”

“Can you eat?” Jessica nodded her head.

“Nope, you cannot.” Taeyeon grabbed the spoon and started feeding Jessica.

 

 

Two bodies were lying on the bed. Cuddling. The sick woman was in the warm embrace of the DJ. The latter was nuzzling and inhaling the natural vanilla scent of Jessica.

“Taeyeon-ah! Stopped that.”

“Nope, I won’t.”

“You’ll get sick.”

Taeyeon moved her body. She kissed the cheek of Jessica and beamed a smile to her.

“I don’t care if I get sick.” Another kissed was planted on her cheek.

“Taeyeon-ah!” Jessica whined. Taeyeon chuckled at she resumed on her previous position.

“It’s not funny, Taeyeon-ah!”

“You’re cute, Sica-ah!”

“Speaking of cute.” The pepper haired scooted a little away from her then whipped her head. She gave a deathly glare to Taeyeon.

“Is your co-model cute?” A loud laughed was heard from Taeyeon. But the laugh died down and changed into yelped of pain because Jessica pinched her torso.

“I’m serious Taeyeon-ah!”

The DJ reached out for her phone and looked for the photos that she posted in Instagram during her photo shoot.

“Here!”

The pepper haired silently looked at the photo on the phone. Her left brow was raised.

“Cute. But not so.” Taeyeon grabbed the phone from Jessica’s hand.

“Not so?! She’s cute, Sica-ah! Her eye smile is adorable. The way she talk is also adorable. Her modeling skills are flawless!”

Taeyeon’s continues blabbering resonated inside the room. But the blabbering stopped when a loud thud was heard.

“Yah Sica-ah! Why did you push me?” Her hand was on her . Soothing the sore part that collided on the floor.

“Hmmmppp!” Jessica moved. Her back was facing the still hurt Jessica.

Another weight was added on the bed. Taeyeon lied down beside Jessica. Her arm instantly s around Jessica’s waist. The lips of Taeyeon was placed against Jessica’s ears.

“Sica-ah,” She whispered softly.

“Minah-ssi is cute.”

“Ah, so her name is Minah!” Before Jessica could retaliate, a finger was placed on .

“Yeah, her name is Minah. But do you know the gorgeous woman I met?” The silenced woman shook her head.

“You.”

That was the last word uttered by Taeyeon before they travelled to dream land. Oh, Taeyeon for the nth time planted a kissed on her cheek. And for the nth time, the cheeks of Jessica was having a very vivid red color.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 11 done.

I hope that you’re still enjoying my story. I really need an energy booster and inspiration right now. So, can you tell me what you think? Your comments will really help me to write. Until next update.

By the way, thank you for the new readers of my fanfic. Also thank you for the upvotes.