Chapter 7

Ms. Matchmaker

CH. 7

 

Casually attired in denim pants and shirt, Soon-kyu was shooting daggers towards her mopping best friend. The latter was rolling back and forth on her bed while hugging the enormous peas in a pod stuffed toy. It had been a week since Taeyeon started to mop like this. Following every roll of Taeyeon made her dizzy.

“Taenggo-ah, stop rolling!” She scolded her best friend. From standing straight, she folded her arms and formed akimbo.

“I can’t, Soon-kyu-ah!” Taeyeon said still rolling. The pixie haired woman could not figure out her best friend did not get dizzy. The latter was sure that the rolling caused her best friend to lose the screw that was keeping her sanity.

Since the week started, Taeyeon started to be act this. Exactly, the day after the celebratory party of Ms. Matchmaker. Her best friend went home without saying goodbye to them. They only received a message that she went home and see them in work.

“Seriously, stop rolling!”

This scenario was not new to her. Like what she said a while ago, Taeyeon was mopping for a week. That whole week, Soon-kyu was dropping in her place to check her. She was not sure of what was her role in Taeyeon’s life. Sometimes, she acted like at best friend but most of the time she acted like her mother. Albeit that Taeyeon was older, Soon-kyu acted more mature than Taeyeon.

Taeyeon stopped from rolling and sat up straight. She stretched her hands hand held both shoulder of her best friend. “Soon-kyu-ah!”

“What?!”

“It’s starting again?” Soon-kyu furrowed her eyebrows.

“What are you talking about?!”

“My charm!” Taeyeon removed her hands from her shoulder and started sobbing.

“I’m losing her, Soon-kyu-ah!”  The pixie haired woman was lost. She didn’t have any idea of who Taeyeon was talking about.

“Who?”

“Jessica! I’m losing Jessica!” The petite woman hollered dramatically.

Her best friend wanted to shove her but she brushed off the idea. It was not the right time to inflict physical harassment to her melodramatic and juvenile best friend. Calm your nerves, Soon-kyu! Calm! It is not the right time to slaughter you best friend. You will find the right time, soon. Right, soon!

“What do you mean?”

“Jessica and Fany-ah!” Soon-kyu gasped and put her right hand on .

“They’re dating!” She gasped again.  

“Jessica and Tiffany! They’re dating!” Taeyeon sobbed. Soon-kyu gasped again for the third time.

“Soon-kyu! Is that the only thing you could do?”

“What do you want me to do?”

“I don’t know. React?” Her best friend gasped again.

“YAH!” Taeyeon hollered.

“This is my reaction.” Soon-kyu defended herself.

“LEE SOON-KYU! THERE ARE TONS OF REACTION!”

“But I want to gasp, Kim Taeyeon.” Her best friend retorted sassily.

Taeyeon heaved a sigh and wiped her tears. Asking a reaction from her best friend was no avail. Her hands looked for the peas in a pod and hugged it. She lied on her bed and rolled again.

“YAH KIM TAEYEON!”

“WHAT?!”

“Can you enlighten me? I need some explanation here.” Taeyeon halted and sat. She patted the space beside her. Her best friend obeyed and sat on the space.

“It started during the celebration…”

 

 

Everyone was enjoying the night. Some were drinking while the others were talking and discussing random things. They were busy except for the DJ who was standing at the entrance of the Noraebang. She was waiting for her clingy best friend and her giant friend.

“Taetae!” The voice of clingy best friend echoed. Taeyeon lifted her head and saw Tiffany running towards her. She stumbled back a little because of the force Tiffany gave.

“Hello Fany-ah!” Taeyeon gave her a hugged and untangled herself.

“Let’s go now!” Tiffany grabbed her hand and dragged her inside the Noraebang.

The phalanx in the room stopped from talking and cocked their heads towards the people who entered. The tallest curtly ran towards her girlfriend. Whilst, Tiffany was clinging and hugging the left arm of Taeyeon.

“The playgirl is here!” Shindong teased.

“YAH! My Taetae is not a playgirl.” The brunette defended her. What Tiffany said made Taeyeon grin.

“Shindong-ah, Tiffany is here. You cannot bully Taeyeon anymore.” Soon-kyu butted in who was sitting on Sooyoung’s lap.

“Yeah, no one will bully my Taetae!” Tiffany raised her hand showing a closed fist. The whole group chuckled at the not so intimidating Tiffany.

The duo sat. Taeyeon asked Tiffany of what she wanted to eat. The latter pointed at the dishes she wanted. The former got what Tiffany wanted also what she wanted.

“Here.” Taeyeon gave her the plate.

“That’s what you’re going to eat?” Tiffany asked with exasperated expression.

“What’s with the face?” The petite woman asked. She squeezed her cheeks and distort her face.

“No matter what I do to your face, you’re still beautiful.” The words Taeyeon said made her blushed. Tiffany was thanking that the room was dark. She snapped at her thoughts and brought back her cold exterior.

“Why are you only eating ice cream?”

“I’m not that hungry, Fany-ah.”

“I don’t accept that answer. You will eat what I will feed to you.” Taeyeon opened to react but no words came because Tiffany put the chopsticks in .

“Yah!”

“No Taetae, eat!” Just liked a good puppy, Taeyeon just followed what her master wanted. She couldn’t do anything about it.

“Whipped!” Sooyoung hollered. Taeyeon just stuck out her tongue.

They continued eating and chitchatting. Tiffany and Taeyeon sung a duet that the group loved. They said that they blended their voices well. The latter blushed and the former smiled pompously to them. If Taeyeon was not a DJ, she could be a recording star. Tiffany was bugging her to be one since they were in college but Taeyeon was stubborn to listen to her.

“Jessica-ah!” Ha-Eun beckoned her.

This was the only time that Taeyeon noticed the pepper haired woman. She was shocked to see that Jessica just entered the room. The latter bowed to everyone and sat near to where Taeyeon was. Jessica was giving deadly glares to Taeyeon that made her shiver.

“Oh Fany-ah, I want you to meet her.” The petite woman stood up and approached Jessica with Tiffany trailing behind her.

“Fany-ah, she’s Jessica-ah. The intern in the station.” She started introducing.

“Jessica-ah, this is Fany-ah. My other best friend.” The two looked at each other and widen their eyes. Taeyeon was perplexed with their reaction. The shocked duo changed their reaction curtly.

“Nice to meet you, Jessica-ssi.”

“Ditto.” The two shook their hands.

“Taeyeon-ah!” Shin-hye called her.

“Yes?”

“Sing this song for us.” Taeyeon looked at the duo. She released a deep sigh and reluctantly walked towards Shin-hye.

 

 

The DJ sung more than ten songs already. Once the song was finished, Shin-hye would enter a new song that Taeyeon would sing. The DJ politely sung the songs. It was disrespectful to Shin-hye and also her bosses. Ha-Eun Eonni was happy to see Taeyeon singing. The DJ was indeed have a very soothing and angelic voice.

“Wow Taeyeon-ah! You’re not only a good matchmaker but also a great singer.” Ha-Eun praised her.

Taeyeon halted. The thought of her as a matchmaker suddenly clouded her mind. She looked around. Her eyes were searching for the pepper haired woman and brunette. Uneasiness filled her heart. The thing she feared was slowly happening.

“Why did you stop?” Shin-hye asked.

“I need to go to the restroom.” Taeyeon gave the microphone to her and ran outside.

 

The DJ looked for the two. Desperation was understatement for her. The only thing in her mind was too see them. Taeyeon was praying to the God and Goddess that Jessica’s relative that her hunch was just a fallacy. That her charm was not real.

But her whole body became weary when she saw that Tiffany and Jessica were having a good time. They were talking and being playful to each other. The nightmare of Taeyeon was becoming her reality. Her charm was real. The love of her life was falling for her best friend.

“You’re wrong, Soon-kyu. My charm is not a fallacy.” Taeyeon whispered and exited the Noraebang with heavy heart.

The DJ walked lifelessly. Some people bumped her but she didn’t utter an apology or glance. Her whole body was weak and she felt that there was no reason to live.

“My life is gradually drifting away from me.” She whispered.

Taeyeon stopped in a playground. She sat in the swing and admired the night sky. There were no stars in the sky. A bitter chuckle escaped from her lips.

“Even the stars in the sky left me.” She gulped a large amount of milk tea that she bought a while ago.

“I guess it’s just you and me tonight.” Taeyeon was looking at the milk tea. She gulped another large amount of milk tea.

The DJ’s night ended with her drowning all of her sorrow through her milk tea. She was sure that milk tea was not an alcoholic drink, but that night she got drunk just by drinking it. Taeyeon sobbed loudly. The thought of her being alone forever filled her mind. Another bitter laugh escaped from her lips.

 

 

“Taenggo-ah, are you sure that they are dating?” Soon-kyu asked while patting her back. She was wishing that her caress would lessen the pain she was feeling.

“I haven’t ask them directly but they are constantly going out.”

Tiffany became Taeyeon’s semi-partner in her show. The listeners requested Tiffany that to be part of the show. Ha-Eun Eonni happily obliged because it meant that the show would gain more listeners. The brunette agreed without second thoughts because being her partner would means more time with her ‘Taetae’.

“Then ask them.” The pixie haired woman suggested.

“How? They are always eating lunch and dinner together.” Soon-kyu looked at her best friend suspiciously. The stare intimated the petite woman.

“How did you know that they are always together?” She asked with interrogating eyes.

Cold sweats formed in Taeyeon’s forehead. She gulped and looked at her best friend. A sheepish smile formed on her face.

“KIM TAEYEON! YOU FOLLOWED THEM?!” Soon-kyu hollered. Taeyeon just scratched her not so itchy hair.

“Not followed them. I’m also hungry so I ate where they were eating.” The DJ explained nonchalantly. Hoping that her best friend would believe her. Please believe me, Soon-kyu-ah!

“And do you think I will believe you.” Her best friend said deadpanned. I guess she doesn’t believe me.

“Fine,” Taeyeon said defeated.

“I followed them. I really wanted to know where they were going.”

“Why don’t you make a move Taeyeon-ah?” The DJ shook her head.

“Nope!” Taeyeon answered popping her word.

“Why not?”

“Because I know that I didn’t stand a chance.” Soon-kyu whacked her head.

“Ouch Soon-kyu-ah!” Taeyeon sooth her sore head.

“I THOUGHT JESSICA IS DIFFERENT!” Her best friend frustratingly hollered.

“YES, SHE IS!” 

“THEN DO SOMETHING, TAEYEON-AH!”

“WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?”

“THINK TAEYEON-AH! THINK!”

“I don’t know that do think.”

“Think something Taeyeon! It’s time to stand on your feet and fight the one you love,” Soon-kyu looked at her directly in her brown orbs. “If you will not do anything, you will lose her.” She stood up and about to exit the room.

“If Jessica is really different, fight for her. It is really time to fight for your love, Taeyeon. What if Jessica is really you’re the one and you let her go?”

After that, Soon-kyu exited the room. Leaving a pondering Taeyeon.  Those words struck her heart. Am I really letting her go? That question made her heart flinched. No, I’m not ready to let her go. Taeyeon drifted to sleep with the thought of fighting for her star.

 

 

A gray laptop was on the study table in the chilling room. Different tabs were open. The DJ was searching of different things to be the solution to her problem. But until now, no right solution was shown. She was on the verge of giving up but thinking of losing her ignited the eagerness.

“I thought Google knew everything.” Taeyeon mumbled. She heaved a sigh and leaned on the backrest of the swivel chair.

“What am I going to do?” She sat straight and searched for her planner. While searching, a piece of paper caught her attention. Taeyeon brought it out and read it.

“Eureka!” Her eyes were shining brightly because of the paper. It was the 11 signs that Jessica gave to her. This was the thing she had been looking for.

“Finally!” Taeyeon hugged the piece of paper. It was the most precious thing in her life. This article would save her in jeopardize love life.

She cocked her head when she heard that the door opened. Taeyeon saw a smiling Tiffany that was spreading her arm and running towards her.

“Taetae!” Tiffany engulfed her into a tight hugged.

“I miss you!” The brunette untangled herself and kissed her cheek.

“I miss you, too!’ Taeyeon said. Tiffany sat on her lap.

“What are you doing?” The latter asked looking at the opened web browser in her laptop.

“Nothing!” The petite woman abruptly closed her laptop and hugged Tiffany from behind.

“Yah Taetae!” Taeyeon carried Tiffany from the swivel chair to the settee. No matter how Taeyeon hated manly works, she was still strong for her size especially towards her best friend.

“I really love when you carry me.” Tiffany said once they were settled. The brunette leaned her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“I think you gain weight, Fany-ah.” The petite woman nonchalantly commented.

“YAH!” Her best friend slapped her torso.

“Ouch Fany-ah!”

“It’s your fault, Taetae.” Tiffany lifted her head and crossed her arms with pouting lips. Taeyeon laughed at her cute best friend.

“Aw, my Fany-ah is sulking.” The petite woman pinched her nose and pacify her. She put her left arm on her shoulder and scooted closer.

“No matter how big you are, you will still be my Fany-ah.” The brunette was stifling her smile.

“Don’t suppress your smile, Fany-ah. I want to see your cute eye smile.”

Finally, Tiffany smiled. The two shared stare that only the two of them could understood. It was like they were talking through their eyes. But the stare they shared was interrupted by the loud slam of the door. A pepper haired woman walked her way inside the room.

“Tiff! There you are!” Jessica said.

“Oh Jessie,” Tiffany stood up. “What are you doing here?”

“Remember Tiff. We will eat our dinner together.” That line made Taeyeon’s chest tighten. Suddenly, the DJ felt suffocated because of what she heard.

“Right.” The brunette agreed.

“Let’s go.” The pepper haired woman spun her heels and walked towards the doorframe.

“Do you want to eat with us, Taetae?”

“YES!”

“NO!”

Taeyeon and Jessica said in unison. The former was agreeing while the latter was disagreeing. Taeyeon was flabbergasted to hear that Jessica didn’t want her to join their dinner.

“But Jessie, I want to eat with Taetae.” Tiffany whined.

“No Tiff! We will eat dinner just the two of us.” The brunette pouted and sigh defeated.

“Fine!” Tiffany looked at her best friend.

“See you later, Taetae!”

The duo exited the room. Taeyeon hugged her knees and a lone tear escaped from her eyes. The hope that was in her heart was fading. She knew that she was late. You’re stupid Taeyeon! They’re right. You are really stupid!

Taeyeon closed her eyes. Letting the sad feeling to sink in. This was another heartbreak for her but this time, her heart was a superficial wound but a deep one. Her heart was bleeding and only Jessica could heal her.

The DJ lifted her head when she felt that there was another weight beside her. She saw that Soon-kyu was sitting beside her giving a gentle and concerned stare. The latter caressed her cheeks and wiped her tears.

“Soon-kyu-ah! I’m stupid!” Taeyeon hugged her best friend and cried.

“You’re not, Taenggo!”

“I am! I let Jessica go!” She sobbed louder.

“It’s not too late, Taenggo. You’re still have time.” The DJ lifted her head and looked at her best friend.

“I still have time?” She asked innocently.

“Yes, Taenggo-ah.” Soon-kyu wiped her tears again.

“How?”

“I think you already figured out how.”

Taeyeon smiled. She was thankful that Soon-kyu was there to boost her losing confidence. Her best friend was right, she was not late. The 11 signs would definitely helped her. I won’t give up. Taeyeon thought. The hope ignited again.

 

 

“This is DJ Taeng saying another day will end but don’t stop looking for him or her. Just wait for that person patiently. Like what everybody said, true love waits. This is another fun time with you my listeners.” Taeyeon said.

“And this is DJ Tiffany. I hope that you enjoy our show. Because Taetae and I love listening to you.” Tiffany said.

“See you tomorrow! Bye!” They said in unison.

Both of them removed the headphone at the same time. Taeyeon stood up and instantly Tiffany clung to her. It was like her arm have magnetic field that automatically attracted Tiffany. They exited the both and met Jessica on the way.

“Hey Jessie!”

“Hey Tiff and Taeyeon-ah!” Jessica greeted them.

“Let’s go now Tiff.”

“Okay. Bye Taetae!” The brunette kissed her cheeks.

“Wait,” Taeyeon held her wrist. “Where are you going?”

“Oh, Jessie is driving me home.”

“What?!” Taeyeon hollered.

“Yes. Bye now Taetae!”

“Bye Taeyeon-ah!” Jessica bade goodbye.

Taeyeon was left flabbergasted. She was left standing in the hallway. The DJ walked backwards and leaned on the wall. She dramatically went down.

“YAH KIM TAEYEON! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” Soon-kyu asked.

“I’m doing walling, Soon-kyu!” Taeyeon retorted and returned her melodramatic self.

“Whatever! Someone delivered these.” The pixie haired woman gave her a flower and card.

“From whom?” Soon-kyu shrugged her shoulders.

“I don’t know. I’m going home now.” She left Taeyeon that was looking at the flowers.

“It smell nice.” Taeyeon sniffed the familiar scent.

“This is familiar.” She just shrugged and laid the flowers on the floor. Taeyeon opened the enveloped and read the letter.

Dear DJ Taeng,

                Hello! This is MeltingMe18. I’m you’re number one fan. I’m giving you flowers and card as a gift of my appreciation. I wanted to give this in ‘Valentine’s Day’ but it already passed. So, I’m just randomly giving this to you. Thank you for everything DJ Taeng! I hope we will meet soon.

Love,

MeltingMe18

 

The DJ felt a giddy feeling while reading the letter. It was not the first time she received a gift from her listener. But this MeltingMe18 was different from them. She stood up and went home.

Taeyeon took a picture with the flowers and posted it on Instagram. The caption was ‘Thank you @MeltingMe18 for these flowers and the card. You made my day. #IwontGiveUp’

She drifted to sleep with a thought of fighting what was for her. Taeyeon would not let Jessica go. The pepper haired woman was too precious to let go.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7 done.

Everyone thought that Jessica will get jealous. Bwahahahahahahahaha. So, what do you think? Comment you thoughts. Thank you for subscribing, commenting, and upvote. Until next update.

 

P.S. I’m sorry for not updating My Girlfriend. I’m hving writer’s block. I already have the first part but I’m stuck. Please bear with me. ^____________^

 

Upvote, Comment, and Subscribe.