Chapter 3

Ms. Matchmaker

CH. 3

 

A petite woman was running. She was looking at her wristwatch. It was already passed five in the afternoon. The time of her arrival in Oh my Bubbles already passed. Usually, Taeyeon would arrive in Oh my Bubbles at exactly five in the afternoon. She was following a schedule liked she was experiencing Obsessive Compulsive Disorder but she didn’t have any disorder (just a love sick puppy). The petite was perfectly healthy and sane. But she wanted to arrive at exactly five to see her star.

“Damn it!”

The woman was cursing because she slept late last night. Actually, she didn’t sleep at all. The thought of Jessica being their intern kept her awake all night long. She was tossing and turning side to side in her bed to get her sleep but it was no avail.  Then the morning came, that was the only time she fell asleep. The woman woke up at four in the afternoon. One hour preparation for work was not enough. She wanted to look good for her.

“I look like a zombie.” She said while looking at the mirror. Taeyeon was standing at the sidewalk. The pedestrian lights showed do not cross.

“This is all your fault.” Taeyeon cursed but her lips was curving up.

After twenty minutes of walk, the petite woman finally arrived at the Oh my Bubbles. Like the usual days, the milk tea store was filled with workers, students, and some couples who were chilling and relaxing. The workers were hanging-out after the stressful day from work. The students were chilling and bonding with their friends. Lastly, the couples were just having a sweet moment with their lover. And that was the thing that Taeyeon wanted to do. After one year, nine months, sixteen days, and eighteen hours she met Jessica, all she wanted was to do things that couples do. Share one milk tea and having an indirect kiss. Whisper sweet nothings and stealing kisses. All the finger curling, sappy, and cheesy things that couples do. Well, those things happened in Taeyeon’s dream with Jessica of course.

“Hey Soo!” The petite greeted her friend.

“Where is my baby?” Taeyeon looked at her sides.

“As you can see, she’s not with me.” Sooyoung rolled her eyes at the shorty.

“Are you always PMS?”

“No!”

“Then why are you always ill-tempered Taeyeon?”

“So?!” The tall woman just groaned. Taeyeon was having her moments again.

“Anyway, same order.” Sooyoung smirked at her.

“What’s with the smirk?” Taeyeon scrunched up her eyebrows.

“Well, someone already ordered for you.”

“Who?” Sooyoung pointed the pepper haired woman that was waving at her.

“Jessica?” She whispered. Her heart was throbbing and her sanity left her. Every time Jessica was around, her body became dysfunctional.

“Yes, your star already ordered your usual order for you.” Taeyeon whipped her head and saw the teasing smile of her giant friend.

“Why?” Sooyoung raised a questioning brow.

“I mean, why she will order for me?” The petite woman was not asking her friend but herself. Why would Jessica order for her? They were mere strangers than friends. The two officially met two days ago. She heard a chortle.

“Go and ask her not me.” Sooyoung shooed her away. Taeyeon mentally patted her back for being prepared and dressed up nicely (Somehow). But at the back of her head, the preparation time was really not enough.

“Hello!” The pepper haired woman greeted her. The petite woman was standing and fidgeting at the same time. No matter how prepared she was, Jessica could still make her weak and nervous.

“Hi.” She timidly greeted her.

“Seat here.” Jessica patted the seat beside her and beamed a bright and gorgeous smile.

Taeyeon was internally hyperventilating. The oxygen in earth was not enough to supply her right now. She wanted to fly to the moon to gasp for air but she remembered that there was no oxygen there. I need air! She mentally hollered. Taeyeon wished that the bottled air in the animated movie she watched was real. She would definitely buy one. Even the orange creature with yellow mustache and eyebrow was grumpy, she still wanted it to be real.

“Taeyeon,” Jessica gently called her. The two dropped off the suffix ssi last night. After the meeting, Taeyeon and Jessica had a talked for a couple of minutes that resulted from dropping the suffix.

“You don’t want to seat here?” The pepper haired woman pouted.

The petite woman panicked. But the thought of being closed to her was driving her nuts. The minuscule amount of distant to Jessica was heaven for Taeyeon. Being beside a goddess was a dream come true for a mortal like Taeyeon. But standing few away from her was already made her hyperventilate. What more if she sat beside her in a close radius? Maybe she would stop breathing and really go to heaven.

“NO!” Taeyeon shouted. The pepper haired woman frowned at her.

“I mean, I wanted to!” The petite sat immediately beside her. The frown changed into a saccharine smile.

“I really thought you didn’t want to sit beside me.”

“I would love seating beside you.” Taeyeon murmured. Unknown to her, the pepper haired woman beside her heard it. Her lips turned up.

“What?” Jessica asked.

“Oh, nothing.” The petite woman said while waving both of her hands. She was defensively denying it.

“I heard words about love or something.” The pepper haired woman smirked when she saw the blushing cheeks of Taeyeon.

“Really?” Taeyeon said with feigned ignorance.

The pepper haired woman giggled because of the adorable subtle denying of the DJ. “Okay. Whatever!”

Taeyeon heaved a sigh. She was thanking the relative gods and goddesses of Jessica. The DJ made a mental note that all her inner thoughts would stay in her mind. She also asked her lips to cooperate with her brain and not spill something stupid that would ended her blossoming love life. Taeyeon made a pinky swear with her lips. Wait! Lips don’t have pinkies. Taeyeon shook her head. I’m really crazy! Why would I ask my lips to cooperate with my brain and do pinky promise? Things that you could make me, Jung Jessica.

“You’re late.” Jessica said to the woman that was in her own little world.

“Pardon?” The DJ asked. She didn’t heard what the pepper haired woman said. The latter was too engrossed with her thought of her lips having pinkies.

“You’re not listening to me.” The pepper haired woman pouted. Taeyeon was squealing inside. The pout of Jessica was too adorable for her. I wanted to…

“Kiss your lips.” The petite woman was going to rip her lips. She accidentally spilled the kiss your lips part. I just made a pinky promise with you lips! Why did you betrayed me?! Why?! Taeyeon was pleading to the relatives of Jessica that she didn’t hear a single word.  

“Who are you going to kiss?”

Taeyeon was really going to rip her lips. Hey! Why are you going to rip me? I’m your source of income. Her lips said to her. What the hell?! Why is my lips talking to me?! She finally realized that she was not sane. Aside from that, I haven’t taste Jessica’s lips. Her lips told her. That’s it! I’m really crazy. I’m really am. Oh, god and goddesses! Help me. I will tell Soon-kyu that look for the best psychiatrist in South Korea.  

“Hey Taeyeon.” Jessica patted her arm.

“Yes?” Taeyeon absentmindedly responded.

“Are you okay?”

“Yes.” No, Taeyeon thought

“Sure?”

“One hundred percent.” One hundred percent not sure.

“Okay. Why are you late?”

“Oh,” The DJ was hesitating to answer her. I didn’t sleep last night because of you. She wanted to answer that but spilling her thoughts was enough embarrassment for her.

“I didn’t get enough sleep.”

“Why?” The pepper haired woman was really curious.

“I was talking to Shin-hye last night.” Well, it was true. Taeyeon decided to message Shin-hye because she saw that the assistant tweeted at around 2 in the morning. The DJ was busy messaging her but her thoughts was still with Jessica.

“The assistant?” Taeyeon nodded. Her face was looking at the milk tea and snacks on the table.

“You’re close.” She looked up and beamed a smile to her.

“We are! Shin-hye is one of the best assistant and she’s beautiful too!” Taeyeon squealed.

“Wait, why do you have lots of snacks?” She asked pointing at the different food on the table. Taeyeon was focused on the food that she didn’t heard the incoherent words of Jessica.

“How long she was working for the radio station?” The DJ counted on her fingers.

“Almost a year. Oh, she’s going to celebrate her anniversary next month.” Taeyeon clapped her hands. She was occupied with the thought of Shin-hye celebrating her stay in the station. The DJ didn’t saw the rolling of Jessica’s eyes.

“You didn’t answer my question.”

“What question?” The tone of Jessica was flat that made Taeyeon shocked.

“Why do you have lots of snacks?” She asked again pointing the dishes on the table.

“It’s for my friend.” The pepper haired woman answered deadpanned.

“Me?” Taeyeon asked uncertainly.

“No, my other friend.” That answer made Taeyeon scrunched up her brows.

“But Sooyoung said that you ordered for me.” She said almost inaudible but the pepper haired woman heard it.

“She maybe misheard it. The food is for my other friend.” Jessica answered and fished out her phone.

“But all of these are my usual order.” Taeyeon mumbled.

“Oh, I need to go.” The pepper haired woman stood up.

“How about these?” She asked.

“Just eat it. My friend said that we’re going to meet somewhere else.” The pepper haired woman abruptly exited the store without saying goodbye.

The DJ was dumbfounded. She was sure that the pepper haired woman was suddenly became cold towards her. Jessica now was different from the Jessica that welcomed her. The pepper haired woman was giving her sweet and breath-taking smile. But when she left, she didn’t smile at all. Just a straight and cold face. That is weird.

Taeyeon decided to take a picture of the food on the table. She posted it on her Instagram. The caption was ‘I thought that my dream of eating with you will come true. But before it could happen, someone woke me up and brought me back to reality. #CruelDestiny #MyStar #JustADream’

 

 

The full of delicious and succulent dishes on the table were all gone. The petite woman ate everything. While eating, she realized that she was that hungry that her appetite increased. Sooyoung approached her and was about to sit on the chair were Jessica sat.

“Hey! Sit there.” Taeyeon pointed the other empty chair. Her tall friend smirked at her and obliged her shorty friend.

“You!” The DJ pointed at her friend who just getting comfortable on his chair.

“What?” Sooyoung leaned back a little.

“You said that the food was for me. But Jessica said that it was for her other friend.” The tall man scratched her head.

“Well, she said that the food she ordered was for you.”

“It turned out not.” Taeyeon sulked and stood up. Leaving a flabbergasted Sooyoung.

“Is it really my fault?” Sooyoung asked herself. Then someone tapped her shoulder. She cocked her head and saw her girlfriend.

“Hey baby!” She gleefully greeted. Sooyoung was about to kiss her but got stopped by the palm of her.

“Why?”

“Why is my best friend sulking?” The tall woman explained to her girlfriend the whole situation. Her girlfriend was intently listening at her.

“So, it was your fault.” Soon-kyu told her.

“I guess?”

“Well, no kisses for you for one whole week. You made my best friend sad.” The pixie haired woman left her girlfriend. Again, Sooyoung was flabbergasted. What’s with these people? Why are they leaving me without saying goodbye?!

The last sentence of her girlfriend finally sunk-in her. “OMG! No kisses for one whole week!”

The tall woman kneeled on the floor. “Nooooooo!”

 

 

“To those who are having lover’s quarrel, just be patient to her or him. Just let simmer down the heat between the two of you. So Soon-kyu-ah, I know that you’ve cool down. Now, forgive the giant already. She’s flooding my message inbox and SNS about you.” Taeyeon said on-air.

“And you giant! This is not for free. You have to treat me sangyupsal.” She saw that Shin-hye was signaling that the show was almost over.

“Oh, our assistant is telling me that the show is over.” Taeyeon refreshed her twitter and got flooded by the different compliments for the assistant.

“Oh Shin-hye-ah, you’re getting famous,” She giggled. “Yes IAMCool, I agree that she’s pretty.” Taeyeon beamed a smile to her.

“But! My star is the prettiest in earth and heavenly bodies.” The dreamy state of DJ was interrupted by the banging on the glass of the unhappy assistant.

“I really need to end this guys. Our pretty assistant is mad at me. This is Dj Taeng saying another day will end but don’t stop looking for him or her. Just wait for that person patiently. Like what everybody said, true love waits. This is another fun time with you my listeners. See you tomorrow! Bye!”

 

 

Taeyeon was lying now on the sofa in the ‘chilling’ room. The petite woman was the one who named the waiting room as ‘chilling’ room. The room has a sofa set in the middle. There was also a study table on the left side. Beside the study table was a bookshelf. The other side had a concrete countertop. On top of the counter was coffee maker that was one of their weapon to stay awake. The room became homey because of Taeyeon.  

“Let’s see.” She was browsing her tweeter and reading the tweets of her listeners. This was one of her ways to communicate and get close to them.

“MeltingMe18 tweeted again.” Taeyeon read her tweet.

“If I’m your star, I will definitely leave the sky to be with you.” Her lips curved up. Taeyeon opened her Instagram and saw a comment from MeltingMe18.

“It’s also my dream to eat with you.” This MeltingMe18 was starting to intrigue the DJ. Whomever she is, Taeyeon was starting to recognize her or him.

“Knock, knock!” A female voice said from the doorframe. Taeyeon cocked her head and saw Jessica.

“Oh, Jessica.”

“Hey Taeyeon!” The petite woman sat properly. The pepper haired woman sat beside her.

“How’s your first night as intern?” Jessica groaned.

“It was tiring.” Taeyeon chuckled.

“I know.”

“There were large amount of callers that wanted to find a lover. Wow! I never thought that many people were single.”

Taeyeon cleared . This was her chance to ask if Jessica was single. “Jessica,"

“Yes Taeyeon?”

“Are you single?” She timidly asked.

“Yes.” Taeyeon wanted to jump and shout because of the good news.

“Really?” She asked suppressing her smile.

“Yes.”

The two was in comfortable silence. Only the sound from the aircon heard inside the room. The DJ wanted to hold her hand but she was too afraid of Jessica’s reaction. Her heart started to raise and her butterflies were in riot when Jessica leaned her head on her shoulder. Taeyeon was squealing inside.

“Taeyeon.”

“Yes?”

“Nothing.”

The two was engulf into silence again. Taeyeon was thinking if Jessica could hear the loud beat of her heart. She was also thinking if the pepper haired woman notice the inharmonious breathing she was having. The usual rhythm of his breathing was fluctuating.

“Taeyeon,” The pepper haired woman lifted her head and looked at her.

“You did great.” Jessica beamed a smile.

“Thank you!” Taeyeon shyly thanked her. She was sure that her cheeks was red.

“This is for you.” The pepper haired woman gave a perfectly wrapped gift. The wrapper was so familiar to her.

“For me?”

“Yes, for you.”

“For what?”

“As a thank you and peace offering.”

“Peace offering?”

“Yeah. Bye!” Taeyeon didn’t had a chance to ask another question because the pepper haired woman abruptly left the room.  

“What is this?” She opened the gift and gasped. Her eyes were wide and her jaw was agape.

“Can’t be?” The gift was a wooden pen with camera on the top.

 

A petite woman was sitting and discreetly gawking at the blonde woman. Every movement that the blonde did put a smile on her face. It was almost a month since she started admiring the blonde. Her friends were bugging her about approaching the blonde but she refused.

“You know what, it’s better to talk to her.” Her best friend whispered at her.

“Nope.”

“Why?”

“You know the reason.” Her best friend just rolled her eyes.

The petite woman saw that the female was having a frustrated expression. She kept on writing on the paper. Taeyeon stood up and walked pass her. It was her way to look at what the blonde was doing. She saw the blonde kept on writing lines on the paper. The petite woman thought that her pen was out of ink. Taeyeon decided to walk straight to the restroom.

Inside the restroom, she was looking at her reflection. Taeyeon was asking her reflection of what to do. An idea popped in her genius brain. Tomorrow was their ‘mothsary’. And for the past few days, she was thinking of things of how to show her fondness to her without the blonde knowing.

“This will be my chance.”

The petite woman bade goodbye to her best friend and went to the mall. She looked for the perfect pen for her. Taeyeon wanted to give something fancy but it might scare her off. So, she settled for a cute wooden pen that caught her attention when she entered the store.

“This is it.” She paid for it and went home. Taeyeon gleefully wrapped her gift in a cute panda wrapper. She noticed the obsession of the blonde to Pandas.

 

 

The next day. At exactly 5 o’clock, Taeyeon arrived at Oh my Bubbles. She sat at her usual seat. After a few minutes, the blonde she was waiting for finally arrived. Her face showed a smile because her source of happiness was here.

“How am I going to give it to her?” She questioned looking at the gift safely kept inside her bag.

“I will ask for Sooyoung’s help.” Taeyeon called her tall friend. She explained everything but her friend refused on helping her.

“Tae, do it on your own.” The tall woman wanted her to be independent and do things on her own. It was Taeyeon’s chanced to pursue the woman she was eyeing.

“But Sooyoung-ah.”

“No Taeyeon.” Sooyoung left her and walked back to the counter.

A deep sigh escaped her lips. She was gathering all the courage she could have in her body. Taeyeon was coming up of different strategies to leave the gift to her. Finally, an idea came. She saw that the blonde left her table to go to the restroom. Taeyeon curtly stood up and put the gift on her table and went back to her seat.

The blonde was back and saw the gift. She grabbed it and read the note on it. Taeyeon remembered the note she wrote. ‘Hey Jessica! I know that it’s creepy to receive a gift from a stranger but please let me. This will not be the first gift you will receive.’ She released the air that she was holding for a couple of seconds. Her anxiety was gone when she saw the smile on Jessica’s face.

“Sooyoung-ah!” The blonde called the woman in the counter. The tall woman approached her.

“Do you know who left this?” Sooyoung looked at her friend. Taeyeon signaled her not to say anything.

“Nope, I was busy making the orders.”

“Oh, okay.”

“That’s all?”

“Yes.” Sooyoung left the blonde.

Jessica sat on her chair. She was still looking at the gift on her hand. A smile crept on her face that made Taeyeon smile. Her plan for showing her fondness was a success. And that was the start of Taeyeon giving Jessica gifts every eighteenth of the month.

 

“Maybe it’s just coincidence.” Taeyeon kept the gift in her bag. She was grinning from ear to ear because of the gift.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3 done.

 

Another update. ^___________________^

Keep upvoting, subscribing, and commenting. Until next update.