Chapter 8

Ms. Matchmaker

CH. 8

Two hands were absentmindedly playing random chords and plucking on the guitar. The guitarist was drowning in her thoughts for almost two hours. Even though she played randomly, she still produced melodic sounds that was pleasing to whoever listen to it. Loud clapping sound broke the train of thoughts that she was having. She cocked her head and saw a woman with red hair that was smiling to her.

“Inspired?” The red haired woman asked her and sat on the available swivel chair.

“Nope.” Taeyeon answered deadpanned.

“What’s with you?” The other figure asked while slightly shoving her.

“Nothing.” The petite woman focused back on playing random chords not minding to shove back.

The woman sitting beside her grabbed the notebook that was laying on the table. She read the lyrics that was written on the notebook. Her lips formed a smirk and produced a clicking sound.

“You said you’re not inspired?”

“I’m not.”

“Then what’s with your new composition?” Taeyeon kept mum.

The red haired made a random tapping on the table. She was trying to find the right rhythm for the song. The petite woman followed suit. Her hands started to play chords and plucked some strings that perfectly blended with the tapping. The two formed a satisfied smile as the song progressed.

“You want to record it?” The red haired asked. Taeyeon gave a grin to her as an answer.

“Let’s go.”

The duo entered the recording studio. The red haired started to prepare for the recording. Another person entered the studio to help them out.

Taeyeon entered the isolation booth holding her guitar. She also set-up. After a few minutes, the red haired entered and joined her. They started recording the song that they played a while ago.

 

After hours of recording and mixing the song, they finally finished the song. Taeyeon was grinning from ear to ear as she listened to the song. It started as simple words that turned into a beautiful music that changed her gloomy mood. She was mentally thanking the other figure in making the song.

“It’s done now.” Taeyeon looked at her and fished out her phone.

“I want it on my phone!” She said sassily. The red haired just chuckled and obliged.

“Here.”

“Thank you, Amber!”

“If Hyoyeon Eonni is here, she will definitely bug you again to sign a recording label to her.” Taeyeon chuckled and stuck out her tongue.

“Nope! Being a DJ is enough for me.”

“But you’re a Kim, Eonni.” Amber said.

“I know and you’re a Kim, too!” The red haired groaned.

“Don’t remind me.”

“Why?” Taeyeon mischievously wiggled her eyebrows.

“Don’t ask me.”

“Wait. Did you know that Fany-ah is here?”

“What?!” The petite woman smirked at the reaction of her cousin.

“Yes, Fany-ah is here.” The red haired wanted to ask question but she suppressed it.  

“Good for her then.” Amber sat on the swivel chair and just stared blankly.

Taeyeon was looking at her cousin when her phone vibrated and saw a message from Tiffany telling her that she was in Oh My Bubbles with Jessica. She replied telling her that she was going to Oh My Bubbles with a friend.

“Hey Ber! You want some milk tea?” The red haired blinked a few times then nodded her head vigorously. Milk tea was their weakness aside from their love interest.

“Then let’s go!”

The two exited the studio and rode the car. Amber was the one driving because Taeyeon went to the recording studio riding a cab. During the ride, Tiffany kept on messaging her. Telling that she should be in Oh My Bubbles in ten minutes.

“Can you drive faster, Ber?”

“Nope! I don’t want to receive ticket for violating traffic rules."

“But your car is a sports car and you can pay for the ticket." Taeyeon retorted.

“So?” The woman in the passenger side just huffed. Stubbornness ran in their family. It was a trait that the Kims have.

The red haired chortled at the reaction of her cousin. No one was willing to give up. They were stubborn. But when it comes to their love interest, they were willing to back down and swallow their pride.

 

 

The glass door opened. Two figures entered the milk tea shop. They were discussing about the comeback of one of the idol groups from the company. Taeyeon’s family owned one of the famous entertainment company in Korea. One of their artists was the famous girl group named SNSD.

“I really like the comeback of SNSD.” Taeyeon said.

“Me too. The Mr. Mr. is cool and hot at the same time.” Amber agreed.

The two were now standing near the counter. They were next in queue. Taeyeon and Amber were still discussing about the girl group.

“Stephanie is really good.” The red haired said proudly. The American Korean member of the group was her bias.

“Nope, Sooyeon and Erika are the best.” The petite woman defended her biases.

“No, Stephanie!”

The duo continued their bickering about whose better. Taeyeon still defending Sooyoen and Erika. Whilst, Amber was defending Stephanie. They didn’t notice that they were next to order.

“Excuse me! Sunny and Summer are the best.” Sooyoung butted in their conversation.

“Whatever!” Amber and Taeyeon said in unison. Another figure joined them.

“Excuse me! Yoong and Yul are the best.” Yuri said out of nowhere.

“Where did you come from?” The tallest of them asked. The tanned woman pointed the back door.

“Really?” The trio asked in unison. Yuri nodded her head. The tallest shrugged her shoulder and looked at the red haired.

“Long time no see, Amber.”

“Ditto. I'm too busy handling artist and trainees.” Yuri and Sooyoung nodded their head.

“So, what is your order?” Sooyoung asked.

“I want Taro.” Taeyeon answered.

“I want Matcha.” Amber answered.

“Okay. One Matcha and Taro.”  Yuri and Sooyoung prepared the order. While Taeyeon looked for Tiffany and Jessica. Amber just followed her cousin.

“Taetae!” Tiffany squealed when she saw Taeyeon.

“Fany-ah!” The latter ran towards Tiffany and hugged her. The red haired halted on her tracks when she saw Tiffany.

“What are you doing there, Ber?” Taeyeon asked when she noticed that her cousin was rooted on her spot.

The red haired snapped from her thoughts and approached them. She shyly greeted Tiffany. “Hello Tiffany.”

“Hi Amber.” The brunette greeted back with too much enthusiasm.

“Oh Ber. This is Jessica.” Taeyeon introduced Jessica while sitting beside her. Jessica and Amber bowed at each other.

“Yah Taetae! Why are you sitting beside Jessica and not with me?” Tiffany asked then pouted.

“Because Amber will sit beside you.” The red haired blushed.

“Uhmmm. I will get our order.” Amber ran curtly to get their order. Taeyeon chortled because of her timid and klutz cousin.

“Who is she?” Jessica asked looking at the retreating figure.

“Oh, she’s my cousin.”

Amber came back with the milk teas. She timidly sat beside Tiffany. The former was really trying hard to strike a conversation with the eye smile girl. Amber was sure that her eye smile would be the death of her.

While on the other side, Taeyeon and Jessica were listening to the conversation of the couple across them. No one dared to look nor glance at each other. Taeyeon wanted too but she was shy. The Jessica effect was slowly starting. No, don't be in dysfunctional state! Taeyeon scolded herself. She blew large amount of air. She finally mustered enough courage. This is it, Taeyeon!

A loud gasped escaped from the pepper haired woman. Taeyeon smirked when she heard the gasp. She was gaining a lot of courage. Good job Taeyeon! She mentally patted her back.

The reason why she gasped because the petite woman boldly held Jessica’s right hand. They were holding beneath the table. Taeyeon was laughing while listening to Amber’s joke. She became bolder again. From simple holding, she moved her hand and intertwined their fingers.

“That’s hilarious, Am.” Taeyeon commented and laughed. Amber continued telling stories.

After minutes of holding hands, Taeyeon untangled her hand. She lifted her arm and put it on the backrest of Jessica’s arm chair. She also scooted closer. They continued listening to what they were talking about.

Taeyeon sipped her milk tea. At the same time, she put her hand on the side of Jessica’s waist. When she was done drinking her milk tea, her free hand hold Jessica’s hand and played with it.

“Are you okay, Jessie?” Tiffany asked.

“Yeah.” Jessica answered curtly but her voice faltered at the end of the word. Liked she was nervous or something.

“She’s fine, Fany-ah.” Taeyeon butted in their conversation and cocked her head to look at the tense Jessica.

“Right, Sica-ah?” The pepper haired woman didn’t moved her head. She stiffly nodded her head.

Tiffany shrugged her shoulders and resumed on talking to Amber. Taeyeon just smiled at her oblivious best friend. She was enjoying the bold version of her. Taeyeon came closer and whispered.

“You’re okay, right?” She asked. The sultry that she gave made the pepper haired woman to shiver.

“Yes, I am.” Jessica answered weakly.

“I’m glad.”

The pepper haired woman gasped again when she felt a cold lips on her cheeks. She cocked her head and saw a grinning Taeyeon.

“You’re fine.” Taeyeon said and came closer again.

“But you’re kinda red,” She said against her lips. “Maybe because of the weather.” Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders and returned from her previous position with a smirk formed on her lips.

Their time together lasted for three hours. They continued their conversation over dinner. For the whole three hours, Jessica was silent and stiff. Taeyeon was being her BoldSelf 2.0.

During their dinner, Taeyeon feed Jessica while holding her hand. Tiffany whined because her 'Taetae' was feeding Jessica. The petite woman just ignored her and continue on what she was doing. To stop her whinning, Amber feed the whining brunette that made her hushed.

 

The dinner ended with Amber driving Tiffany to the radio station. While Taeyeon and Jessica rode the bus to get to the radio station.

"Why did we not join Amber and Tiff?" Jessica asked while they were in the bus. It was an illogical thing to ride a bus if you could join your cousin who have a car.

"Because," Taeyeon held her hand tightly. "I would like to have an alone time with you." She ended with a grin.

"W-h-y wo-u-ld," The pepper haired woman stuttered. She cleared and talked again. "You want to have an alone time with me?"

"Because I wanted to." Taeyeon leaned her chin on Jessica's shoulder.

"This is much better than my dream." She mumbled against Jessica's hair.

"What?" Confusion was on Jessica's face.

"I said that I love being close to you." Jessica gasped when Taeyeon kissed her cheeks for the second time.

"Yah!" Jessica pinched Taeyeon's torso that made Taeyeon to yelp in pain.

"Why did you pinch me?" She asked looking directly at Jessica. The latter just stuck out her tongue.

The petite woman leaned on Jessica again. Her hand played the hand of Jessica. This was a thing that becoming her habit.

"Our hands fit perfectly together." Taeyeon said while admiring their hands. Jessica kept mum but her tinged pink cheeks were showing what she really felt.

 

They arrived at the radio station. The soon-to-be couple (that was what Taeyeon was thinking) sauntered inside. They were not in a rush because they still have 30 minutes to spare.

"I'm the one who will accompany you later when you go home. Not Fany-ah, okay?" The petite woman said in an authoritative tone. The other figure hummed as a respond.

The lift door opened and they walked outside. Taeyeon was holding Jessica's bag. The BoldSelf 2.0 was not just being bold physically but also being a gentlewoman.

"See you later." Taeyeon gave the bag.

"Okay." Jessica spun her heels and about to walk but a hand on her wrist stopped her.

"I forgot something." The pepper haired woman raised a questioning brow. She was about to question her when two hands held her cheeks and a sweet and soft lips landed on her forehead.

"That is the thing I forgot." Taeyeon smiled at her.

"Now go. Do your best Sica-ah."

"Same to you Taeyeon-ah." Jessica gave the sweetest smile to Taeyeon and happily skipped.

"Not bad, Taeyeon." She proudly patted patted her shoulder.

 

"This is Dj Taeng," Taeyeon said.

"And DJ Tiffany," The other DJ said.

"Saying another day will end but don’t stop looking for him or her. Just wait for that person patiently. Like what everybody said, true love waits." The petite woman said.

"This is another fun time with you listeners. See you tomorrow! Bye!” The two removed their headphones at the same time.

"Hey Fany-ah, Amber is outside." Taeyeon said as they exited the booth.

"Really?"

"Yes! So, go home now!" The petite woman slightly pushing her best friend to hasten her movement.

"Yah Taetae! Why are you pushing me?"

"Because I wanted you to go home," They halted. She caressed her cheeks. "I know you are exhausted."

"But I'm..." Tiffany was hushed when Taeyeon put her index finger against the former's lips.

"Go home now, Fany-ah." She hugged her and dragged her outside the radio station. The red haired cousin of her was leaning on her sports car.

"Hey Ber! Take care of Fany-ah." She pushed her best friend towards Amber that caused her to trip.

"Yah Taetae!" Tiffany whined but the words came muffled because her face was buried on Amber's chest.

"Are you okay?" Amber asked. She was worried for the brunette. Tiffany lifter her head and looked at the former.

"I am." They untangled from the hug.

"Go home now. Bye!" Taeyeon ran back inside the station.

"What's wrong with your cousin?" Tiffany asked. Amber shrugged her shoulders. They drove off after the short conversation.

 

A petite woman was tiptoeing towards the oblivious Jessica. The latter was busy gathering the script for the night show. A pair of arms s around her waist.

"Ahhh." Jessica shouted her dolphin scream.

"Sica-ah, its me." Taeyeon whispered.

"Yah Taeyeon-ah!" The pepper haired woman was trying to move from Taeyeon's embrace.

"No, finish what you're doing." Jessica huffed.

"How? You're clinging on me."

"I don't care." Taeyeon whined.

"Fine!"

Jessica continued what she was doing. While Taeyeon was sniffing her. She smells like vanilla. She sniffed again. Yummy! She said in her head. I want to eat her. Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows. Not that way. I mean, her smile is like my favorite ice cream. The voice of the pepper haired woman made her snapped from her thoughts.

"Yah Taeyeon-ah!" The petite woman saw that Jessica's hand was pinching her nose.

"What's wrong?"

"You farted!" Taeyeon sniffed. The awful odor invaded her nose. She untangled herself from Jessica and smiled sheepishly.

"I'm sorry, Sica-ah." She lowered her head and looked at the floor. A hand held her chin and raised it.

"Its okay Taeyeon-ah." Jessica smiled that made Taeyeon smile a little. She was still embarrassed.

"I guess my fart is comfortable with you." That statement made Jessica to burst into laughter. She held her stomach because it was a funny thing to hear.

"Yah! Soon-kyu smelled more of my fart compared to you." Jessica laughed louder.

"Fine! Finish what you are doing!" Taeyeon stomped on the floor and exited the room, sulking.

 

The faint sound of Jessica's laughter was still heard from where she was hiding. She rummaged her bag and brought out her planner. She opened the planner and looked for the paper. Taeyeon made a big checked mark on the list.

"Farting is done." She laughed her ajhumma laugh.

"What are you laughing at?" A voice from behind said to her. Taeyeon got startled and held her chest.

"Yah Soon-kyu-ah!"

"What?"

"Don't do that again," She exhaled. "Thank goodness that I don't have a heart problem."

The pixie haired woman held her shoulder. Horror was shown on her face.

"You have heart problem?!" The petite woman rolled her eyes.

"I said I don't have." Soon-kyu heaved a sigh of relief.

"I really thought you have."

"What are you doing here?"

"Here." A small rectangular shaped that was wrapped in a blue gift wrapper was given to her.

"From whom?"

"Just read the card." Taeyeon looked at the card.

"I'm going now." Soon-kyu bade goodbye.

"Let's see." She read the note that was written on the card.

Dear DJ Taeng,

This is a gift from me. I know that you love music so this will definitely be useful.

                                                          Love,

                                             MeltingMe18

P.S. I once 'lost' something but someone replaced it with something better. A lot better. I treasured it with all my heart because the gift didn't just gave me music to my monotonous life, but also the heart of that person that gave me the reason to breathe.

"What's with the P.S?" She asked herself.

Taeyeon shrugged her shoulder. Her hands swiftly tore the wrapper. A brand new blue earphones was inside. It was the earphones that Taeyeon wanted to buy.

"What is that?" Another voice from the behind asked her. She knew that it was not her best friends voice but the one she loved.

Taeyeon turned and faced Jessica. A wide goofy grin was on her face. But the grin instantly vanished when she remembered that she was supposedly exasperated at her. Show your mad face, Taeyeon. She changed her expression into a straight face. Her lips was forming a thin line--- her eyebrows were furrowed--- and her eyes were glaring at Jessica. Ha! This is my mad face!  Taeyeon proudly thought.

"Aw. Cute!" Jessica squealed and pinched her cheeks.

"Yah! This is my mad face!" Taeyeon said feigning her annoyance.

"But I find it cute!" Jessica retorted.

"Fine!" The petite woman stopped her foot and grabbed the bag of Jessica.

"Let's go home now."

Taeyeon left Jessica. She walked straight to the entrance of the elevator and waited for it.

Footsteps were heard from her side. Taeyeon just pretended that she didn't heard a thing. Her eyes were focus to the screen that was showing the number of the floor.

"Taeyeon-ah! Please, don't be mad." Jessica said with full of aegyo. The other figure was stifling her smile.

"Taeyeon-ah!"

"The lift is here." She said flatly. Inside her head, she was dancing and doing victorious dance. That's it Taeyeon. Play cool. Pretend you're mad.

"Taeyeon-ah!" Jessica said again but in a cuter way. Hold you're grip Taeyeon! Don't give up. Just ignore her cute aegyo. Ignore!  She kept on repeating the word 'ignore' in her head.

"Taeyeon-ah!" The aegyo girl was holding the sleeve of her shirt.

"What?" The tone of her voice should be harsh but it came out soft. Curse you Taeyeon! Why did you give up easily? She was mentally hitting herself. But her aegyo is so cute. Her conscience retorted. I agree.

"You're not mad at me anymore?" Jessica asked still using aegyo.

"No."

"Yay!"

"Come here." Taeyeon spread her arms.

"Why?" Instead of answering, she hugged her.

"How can I be mad at you?" Taeyeon whispered on her ear.

The two stayed in that position until they reached the ground level. Taeyeon loved the warmth that Jessica was emitting. 

The lift opened and they stepped out. Taeyeon held Jessica's hand. The latter didn't complain. They exited the building and waited for the bus.

 

"Here is my place." Jessica said.

They were now standing at the lobby of Jessica's condominium. Only the two of them were there.

"Are there still available units?" Taeyeon asked.

"Why?"

"Maybe I will buy a unit here so we can be neighbors."

"I think all the units are occupied." Jessica playfully said to her.

"Fine!"

"I'm just kidding Taeyeon-ah." Two hands held her cheek.

"I'm not joking when it comes to you." Taeyeon said. Her voice and her face were serious. The pepper haired woman was speechless.

"Oh," The petite woman removed her hand from her cheeks. She fished out her phone and her brand new earphones.

"May I have this dance?" The eyebrows of Jessica was knitted.

"Where are we going to dance?"

Taeyeon pointed the floor. "Here."

She put the right piece of the earphone on her. And she gave the left to Jessica. Taeyeon tapped the play button.

Galaxy- AKMU

A tapping and guitar sound were heard from the earphones. "Galaxy... Galaxy..."

The pepper haired woman gasped. The singer of the song was familiar to her.

"You're the one who sing this?" Taeyeon just smiled at her.

The smiling woman lifted Jessica's arm and s it on her neck. While her arms were wrapped on the latter's waist. They slowly swayed their bodies and followed the rhythm of the song. Albeit to the place they were dancing, it still gave a romantic feeling. It didn't matter where they were. What was important was the person you were with.

At the middle of the song, Taeyeon sang. "Tap the galaxy oh. Dab the melody ya. Should I do it or not? At the end of deep thought."

She come closer to her ears. "I couldn’t confess to you because of the sound of the midsummer rain. Did it float off to the Milky Way that is faintly shining in the sky?"

 

The song ended. Taeyeon savored the hugged that they were sharing.  I will confess to you, soon. She snapped from her thoughts and tapped the back of Jessica.

"Sica-ah, the song is done." Jessica removed her arms and looked at Taeyeon.

"Good night, Sica-ah." The petite woman gave a loving stare.

"Good night, too." Taeyeon pulled Jessica towards her and kissed her forehead.

"Have a good night sleep."

"Same to you, Taeyeon-ah."

The petite woman bade goodbye and happily exited the place. She was sure that Jessica felt her loved. She was sure that the BoldSelf 2.0 was a success.

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 8 done.

How are you? Still frustrated about Taeyeon? Bwahahahahahahahahahahhahaha.

I felt that my writing style is getting worse. What you guys think?

Thank you for the upvote, new subscribers, and comments. Until next update! ^____________^

 

Upvote, Comment, and Subscribe.