Chapter 12

Ms. Matchmaker

A woman walking back and forth in front of the entrance of a residential building. Her hair tied in a neat pony tail. She was in her casual clothes-- pants, polo-shirt layered with cardigan, and sneakers. The woman was walking for twenty minutes already.

The security stationed near her was raising his eyebrows. He followed every movement of the woman. Cautious of the things she might do. She looked nice but looks could be deceiving.

"Taeyeon-ah!" A voice called her.

The woman stopped on her tracks. Her heart started to tremble. Her hands were shaking because of nervousness. But she could not deny the fluttering and happy feeling wrapping around her heart.

"Jessica-ah!" She hollered and ran towards the newly arrived brunette.

Halfway from where she was, her whole body froze when she saw how breathtaking the brunette was. The dress that hugged her perfect body was jaw dropping. She was a tad disappointed because she could not see the full view due to the cardigan she was wearing.

"Nice cardigan!" Jessica said the moment she stood in front of Taeyeon.

A tinge of pink shade appeared on her cheeks. How could she be not? Jessica was the one gave the cardigan to her. It was a random gift given to her.

Actually, it was sort of a matching cardigan. The one that Jessica wore right now was the cardigan same with Taeyeon.

Funny thing or fact. Kim Taeyeon haven't wash the cardigan since Jessica gave it to her. Approximately, two weeks ago. She wore it when she sleeps. She wore it when lazing around the house. But! She never wore it when she went to the radio station. Embarrassed that Jessica would recognize or smell the cardigan. Last night, she halfheartedly washed the cardigan for the sake that it would smell nice and presentable for this day.

"It looks nice on you." Jessica complimented.

"Same with you." Taeyeon mumbled. The pink tinge increased its shade.

"So, where are we going?" The brunette questioned. Her arm latched around the other figure's arm.

"We're having our monthly family day." Taeyeon replied.

She felt that the arm on her tightened its grip.

"And?"

"We're going there."

The warmth and weight on her arm was gone. Then, a piercing sound boomed in her ears.

"WHAT?!" Jessica shouted.

"Gosh, Jessica-ah! That's loud!" Taeyeon exclaimed and held her right ear.

"Sorry." Jessica apologized.

"But its your fault!" She whined and playfully hit Taeyeon's arm.

The latter grinned and pinched the cheeks of Jessica.

"You're cute." She whispered to herself. Making sure that it was not heard.

"Taeyeon-ah! Why did you not tell me about this family day thing?"

Taeyeon frowned.

"I did not?" She questioned with furrowed eyebrows.

Jessica shook her head.

The DJ racked her brain and rewind all the things happened between the two of them. Oh no! I did not!

She gasped loudly and instantaneously apologized for her forgetfulness. All she heard was giggling from the brunette.

"Its okay, Taeyeon-ah. I'm just glad I wear something presentable."

Taeyeon looked at her from head to toe. Any clothes you wear, you look fantastic! She hollered loudly inside her head.

"Yeah." The only thing Taeyeon could utter. Her mind was not responding and working properly as of the moment.

The only thing she see was the retreating figure of Jessica. Her right hand was on her right cheek. The warmth from Jessica's soft lips still lingered on her cheek.

"Taeyeon-ah, let's go!"

Taeyeon shook her head and shuffled on her track and ran to where Jessica was.

 

"We're here!" Taeyeon hollered as she unfastens her seatbelt.

Both of them alighted from at the same time. Taeyeon stretched out her hand for Jessica to hold it. The latter obliged and held her hand.

They were talking as they entered the simple yet classy villa of the Kim family.

Jessica was telling Taeyeon at how she loved the Kim's villa. She felt closer to nature and the fresh air gave a soothing feeling. Compared to the busy and noisy city of Seoul. Where everyone was in a rush.

"Look who's here." A man in late fifties said as they emerged in the living room.

"Look who's old." Taeyeon replied with a smirk on her face.

"You little punk!" The man shouted but the tone was not frightening. It was more of pun and playful.

He grabbed the right arm of Taeyeon and put around his arm on her neck-- head locking her.  The latter was giggling while wrenching her body.

"Yah!" Taeyeon shouted.

The man laughed loudly. Taeyeon was still in his arm.

A woman same age with the man entered from the backyard.

"Okay. Kids, kids, stop that."

The man gently pushed Taeyeon away. He had this huge grin on his face. The latter wiped her eyes due to excessive laughing. She also panted-- a tad tired from trying to break free.

"You two, you always do that." The woman said-- eyeing both of them.

"You Kim Taeyeon," She pointed Taeyeon."Don't join your Appa with his childish antics."

The man-- Mr Kim wanted to protest but shut his mouth curtly as she saw the frightening glare.

Taeyeon saw her father's reaction. She stifled her laugh that caused her face to turn red.

"And you Kim Sang-chul," She pointed him. The latter gulped. "Act your age."

"Yes, ma'am!"

Taeyeon and Sang-chul shouted with mock salute.

The woman shook her head with her palm on her face.

"Is Hyoyeon and I the only mature in this family?" She asked to no one.

"Jun-hyun, too!" Taeyeon answered.

"Yeah, our daughter-in-law!" Sang-chul agreed.

Mrs Kim dramatically shook her head.

A loud gasped resonated inside the living room caught Mrs Kim's attention.

"Oh, we have a companion." Mrs Kim approached the brunette.

"You are?" She inquired.

"I'm Jung Jessica." The brunette replied then bow to pay respect.

"Hi Jessica-ssi! I'm Kim Sang-chul! I'm Taeyeon's father." Mr Kim shouted-- interrupting the two.

"Sang-chul!" Mrs. Kim growled with a dangerous threatening tone.

"I think, I'm hearing the barbeques calling my name." Sang-chul said and swiftly left.

Mrs Kim stared incredulously to her husband. Only shaking of head and a sigh she could do. She shifted her attention back to Jessica.

"Nice to meet you, Jessica-ssi." Mrs Kim shook Jessica's hand. The latter had this dazed look written all over her face.

"I'm Kim Jung-sook. And what that man said a while ago, he's Sang-chul. I'm Taeyeon's mother and unfortunately-- Sang-chul's wife."

"Nice to meet you, Mrs Kim." Jessica said. She looked like her soul left her.

"Eomma, is Hyoyeon here?" Taeyeon questioned as she moved to where the two were standing.

"They are on their way." Mrs Kim answered, looking at her daughter.

"I will check on your father. That man will cause trouble without adult's supervision." She said and sighed. She shifted her gaze to Jessica.

"Feel at home, Jessica. Can I call you that?"

The woman in questioned nodded her head.

"Treat this like your own home." Mrs Kim said and left.

Taeyeon smiled. She loved how her mother welcomed her cough future cough daughter-in-law. Which was still under process. The phase of Taeyeon was as slow as a turtle walking. Maybe the turtle was tad faster.

"You!" Jessica shouted and hit Taeyeon's arm.

"Ouch!" Taeyeon yelped as she rubbed her sore arm.

"Yah! Why did you hit me?" She questioned.

"You hit me twice this day." She mumbled. Not directing her words to Jessica.

"You never told me that your mother is Kim Jung-sook!" Jessica shouted.

"Is it important?"

"Yes, Taeyeon! Yes!" The brunette gasped again.

"Oh my gosh! Your father is Kim Sang-chul!"

Taeyeon scrunched her eyebrow. In her eyes, Jessica was acting weird. But in her mind, Jessica was adorable. She wanted to hug the latter liked she was an enormous walking doll or stuffed toy or whatever toy in that line.

"Why are you acting like that?" Taeyeon questioned-- concealing the delight and adoration she was feeling.

"The veteran singer Kim Jung-sook and the world-renowned songwriter Kim Sang-chul are here. In this house! Breathing the same air I'm breathing. Gosh Taeyeon! How can I not be so giddy and flabbergasted?!"

Taeyeon trying so hard not to roll her eyes. She was thinking of a retort when Jessica gasped again.

"Oh my gosh! Your family owned JSC Entertainment!" The brunette shouted again.

"So?" Taeyeon questioned as she rolled her eyes. Gasping and Jessica's overacting was not necessary.

"Now I get it. That's the reason why Amber is working in JSC."

"Yeah?" Taeyeon said with uncertainty.

"Why are you not part of JSC?"

"Well, that's a long story to tell. Let's head to the gazebo and I will tell you everything."

 

The two was now in the gazebo. Both of them were in the hammock. Jessica’s head was on Taeyeon’s chest. The latter’s arms were draped around her shoulder and on her stomach.  Taeyeon was telling Jessica how she ended up being a DJ. The original plan of Taeyeon was work for JSC as one of the mentors. But the DJ opportunity came and took the chance.

She fell in love with her work. And the mentoring was soon forgotten.

"But honestly. I don't want to be in JSC. Appa and Eomma knew it. They always tell me that I'm eccentric. Compared to Hyoyeon, I'm the one who always wanted to do things on my own. Sometimes in a subtle way." Taeyeon giggled as she remember the gifts she gave to the person beside her.

"Really?"

Taeyeon nodded her head.

"Even though I'm older, Hyoyeon is always the matured one. She stood up for me and be a big sister to me." She chuckled.

"I'm really glad she met Jun-hyun. Unfortunately, both of them are uptight and strict. But Lovable and caring, nonetheless."

"Who's uptight and strict?" A woman with blonde hair questioned that startled petite.

"Yah! Kim Hyoyeon!" Taeyeon stood up and tackled the blonde.

"Yah! Get off me!" The blonde exclaimed as she pushes the petite.

"Nope! I won't! Taeyeon rested her head on the woman beneath her.

"Kid number two, please, get off from your sister." Mrs Kim said as she emerged holding a white plate with freshly grilled salmon.

Taeyeon reluctantly stood up. She sulked the moment her feet touch the floor.

"Thank you, Eomma." The blonde said as she dusted her clothes.

Taeyeon pouted and sulked more. She was muttering how her sister not misses her and failed to notice the affection she gave to the latter.

"I miss you, too, Taeng." The blonde said and hugged the sulking petite.

"But tackling me is not necessary."

"Hmmmph!" Taeyeon said and free herself from the hug. She sashayed towards the brunette and hugged the latter.

"You are really Sang-chul's daughter." Mrs Kim said.

"Why?" Hyoyeon questioned.

Mrs Kim nudged her head towards Taeyeon.

"Oh, taking advantage. I see." Hyoyeon said.

Taeyeon who was hugging the brunette scooted a little but still her arms still around the latter's waist, yelled.

"Hey! I'm not taking advantage."

"Right." Mrs Kim said and smiled cheekily. "And I'm not your mother."

The petite who was--cough taking cough advantage peeled off herself and gasped. She snapped her hand.

"I knew it! You're not my mother." Taeyeon said. The way she said it looked like she unlock the most mysterious mystery in this world.

"Let's go, Hyoyeon." Mrs Kim held the arm of the blonde with her free hand and both of them walked away.

"Yah! Eomma!" Taeyeon shouted but it was no use. Her mother left her with her sister.

"Jessica-ah." Taeyeon gently called. She looked around and Jessica was not there.

"Jessica?"

The petite was oblivious that her mother stealthily dragged Jessica away from the former. And on her mother's luck, Taeyeon was too absorb in sulking than notice her surroundings.

"They left me." She whined and ran inside the house.

 

Chattering noises heard inside the villa as Taeyeon walked her way.  The pout on Taeyeon's cute face became longer. She was thinking of a comeback to her mother, sister, and Jessica. Erased, erased, erased. Taeyeon was thinking of comeback to her mother and sister. There, better.

"Yah! Why did you left me?" She instantaneously questioned as her sight caught the three figures in the dinning area.

The three stopped from chattering. Then, simultaneously shrugged their shoulders and continued chatting.

"Yah!" Taeyeon said with a stomping of foot.

There was still no response.

"You," Taeyeon pointed her sister. "You are so mean."

"Also you, Eomma." Pointing her mother.

"You," Taeyeon pointed Jessica.

"You are..." She trailed off.

"Forget it." Taeyeon said

Another figure emerged inside the dinning room. The sulking woman gave a small smile and greeted her.

"Hello Jun-hyun-ah!"

The greeted woman stared at her. Then sat beside her wife-- Hyoyeon.

"Even you, Jun-hyun-ah." Taeyeon whined.

"Fine!" She said and spun her heels. They’re ganging up on me.

The DJ opted to go to where her father was.

 

  

"You know, people from Jeju can walk from there to here." Sang-chul said as she felt the presence of his daughter.

The latter raised a questioning brow.

"Your lips already reached Jeju."

Taeyeon contemplated for a moment. Analyzing what her father said.

Processing complete.

"Oh, its a joke." She said.

Sang-chul dramatically heaved a sigh. His effort in cheering his daughter put in to waste.

"Appa, being melodramatic is not your cup of tea and not your role in this family." Taeyeon reminded her father.

"Right." Sang-chul agreed.

A silence enveloped them. Only sound of the meat grilling heard.

"Appa," Taeyeon called.

Sang-chul responded with a hum.

"How..." She trailed off.

There were too many thoughts in her mind. She could not put the words together to come up with a proper sentence.

"How?" Sang-chul questioned.

Taeyeon heaved a sigh.

Sang-chul chuckled at the serious face of his daughter.

"I will tell you a story." He started.

"When I was still a newly arrive songwriter from LA. I met the most beautiful woman in my life."

"Eomma?" Taeyeon interrupted.

"No, another woman." Sang-chul said sarcastically. "Of course, your mother."

"I will continue now. I met her and I'm mesmerized by her beauty and voice. She was a nightingale and until now. I felt something unexplainable towards her."

"Writing and composing was a piece of cake when I started to feel that unexplainable feeling. As I read and listened to my compose songs, I realize that it was all about her. Then it hit me. I was captured by your mother. I'm slowly falling for her."

"But I never tried pursuing her. There were long lines of men confessing and professing their love to her. Who am I to her? I'm just a normal guy that write and compose songs."

Taeyeon snorted.

"Hey! It's true. I'm just a normal guy." Sang-chul defended.

"Okay. Back to my story. I'm afraid that she might reject me. Then one day. A man ask her out and she said yes. Honestly, I felt threatened and scared. The man who as her out was the greatest contender. He got looks. He came from a wealthy family. Well, I also have what he have."

For the second time, Taeyeon snorted again.

Sang-chul did not mind her daughter's reaction and continued his story.

"That's the time that I should stand up and fight for my happiness." He smiled.

"I'm glad that I did that. Because I did not only found my happiness-- the woman of my dreams but also two beautiful angels of my life."

Taeyeon's lips curved up.

"So Taengoo, fight for your happiness. Jessica is a keeper." Sang-chul said.

Taeyeon gasped.

"Don't be too shocked. It is blatantly palpable that you like her. The twinkling of your eyes and that smile on your face when she's with you gave it all."

Taeyeon hugged her father. She was grateful to have him in her life.

 

"Bye!" Taeyeon and Jessica bade goodbye in unison.

It was already past six and everyone was exhausted. Albeit that everyone was exhausted, they felt glad and happy to bond together.

The happiest of them all would be Taeyeon. She felt bliss as she witnessed how her family welcomed Jessica.

They treated the latter as if Jessica was a Kim already. A smile crept on her lips as she imagined Jessica to be called Kim Jessica than Jung.

"Taengoo-ah." Jung-sook called her.

"Yes, eomma?"

"Take care of Jessica. I like that woman."

Taeyeon gasped and her expression turned livid.

"Pabo!" Jung-sook flicked Taeyeon's forehead.

"I like her for you. I want her to be my daughter-in-law and no one else." She said in an authoritative tone.

The darkness on Taeyeon's face changed into twinkling and shining face. Her lips was stretched from ear to ear. Eomma and Appa like Jessica. Yahoo!

"I also like her for you." Hyoyoen said, joining their conversation.

"Eomma and Hyo!" Taeyeon squealed. She enveloped the two in a enormous bear hug-- albeit that her reach was short.

"Thank you!" She whispered.

"As her to be yours." Jung-sook whispered back.

"I agree with Eomma." Hyoyeon added.

They released each other from the hug. They bade each other goodbye.

Taeyeon and Jessica drove off. The former's cheek was hurting now due to excessive smiling but she did not mind. Having her family's blessing to Jessica was one of the best thing happened to her. Next step-- make you mine.

 

A.N. Sorry for taking too long to update this. But finally! I have an update! Yahoo! I hope you enjoyed this. Thank you for patienlty waiting. Until next update.