Chapter 9

Baby Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Your soul can never grow old, it's evergreen."

 

 

24

 

“Why didn’t you tell us that she was sick?!”

“She doesn’t want to okay?!”

“Does Kai know about this?”

“No.”

“Are you crazy?! We need to tell him.”

“No! I made a promise to Krystal that I wouldn’t tell him, actually even to you guys.”

“What? But he needs to know!”

“I know but what do you want, a worried Kai or an angry Krystal?”

Krystal can hear people talking but she’s doesn’t want to open her eyes yet. She was tired and she wants to sleep more but they’re too noisy. It hasn’t registered in her brain that the others already now her situation but not until she opened her eyes and found nine pair of eyes looking at her worriedly. She sighed, this is why she doesn’t want them to know because they’ll all be worried about her condition when she’s actually okay. Krystal looked at Sehun and saw his apologetic smile, maybe it’s best that they found out through Sehun, she isn’t entirely mad but she isn’t ready to face them either but here she is with a dextrose stuck in her hand and she’ll have to face them now.

“Are you okay? You fainted after the catfight with Hyeri.” Victoria said and Krystal nodded.

“Sehun told us about your health… and--” Sulli trailed off. She looked like she was about to cry so Sehun squuezed her hand.

“I’m okay and it’s not like I’m going to die so stop worrying about me.” Krystal said. It was a lie, she can die anytime but she’s willing to fight for everyone especially for Kai and her sister. She thought she’d be angry at Sehun for telling them but he’s right, they need to know. Sulli was already crying and Krystal could see the sad look the others were giving her. She doesn’t want this, she wants everything to go back to the way it is. She doesn’t want everything to change just because she’s sick.

“I called Jessica already and she’s on her way.” Victoria said and she nodded.

“Don’t worry, we didn’t tell Kai. We think it’s best if you would be the one to tell him.” Sehun said. Krystal couldn’t find her voice anymore, it felt like she would breakdown once she did so she only nodded. Jessica went in the room with bloodshot eyes and Krystal knows it isn’t good news, it never was. Ever since she was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy her life changed and it never turned out good. She never experienced adventure nor the simple things a lot of teenagers like her do. When Krystal was in middle school her heart showed no signs of complications so they thought she was fine but the doctor revealed even though she isn’t experiencing complications, it’s still dangerous for her because she has a weak heart and it will never heal.

“Can I talk to Krystal… alone?” Jessica asked and everyone stood up and left. Sulli waved at Krystal and she smiled, Victoria gave Jessica a hug before going out.

“Hi.” Jessica said. She motioned for Krystal to sit up and once Krystal did, Jessica hugged her tight letting the tears fall. Krystal sat there motionless listening to her sister’s broken sobs, she doesn’t know what to do but her heart feels heavy and she ended up crying too. Jessica whispered soothing words to Krystal and then she started singing.

 

Don’t ask. Don’t think.

Don’t guess. Don’t say anything that would hurt her.

Don’t raise your voice, don’t say goodbye

Here, here

 

Never let her go

Never let her go

Never let her go

Cause she will never be fine alone

Never ever let her walk alone

 

[Vineyard - Oohyo]

 

It’s a song Jessica would often sing to her every time she’s sad. It was soothing even though Jessica’s voice would break because of the tears that wouldn’t stop falling, it helped though because Krystal knows Jessica would always be by her side. Jessica wiped the tears on Krystal’s face and smiled, she let out a deep sigh before talking.

“I talked to Mrs. Kim and she told me that you would need a surgery soon because your heart isn’t taking everything well… if you don’t get one soon you might get a sudden cardiac arrest.” Jessica said, voice breaking and fresh tears starting to fall down on their faces.

“I know you have a lot of friends here and they are special to you especially Kai but I think it’s time to leave them for a while. We need to go back to America and get your surgery because I can’t afford to lose my little sister. We already lost our parents and I don’t want you gone too.” Jessica said and Krystal felt like her world was crumbling down. She hasn’t even told Kai and now she was leaving.

“Can’t I just have my surgery here?” She asked.

“Well, I was planning we could start a new life in America but of course we can still go back here if you want. We’ll live in our old house in California. I know you don’t want to but this is the only thing that I could think of so I hope you aren’t mad at me.” Jessica explained.

“I’m not. I’m just—I don’t know it hurts. I don’t want to leave them, him but I don’t really have a choice right? It’s better to leave the country than die.” Krystal said, she feels empty and she doesn’t know what to do.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter