Chapter 12

Baby Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I still love you."

 

 

30

 

7 years later…

“Soojung, stop running… you’re going to ruin your dress!” Sulli shouted and ran after the little girl who won’t stop chasing Eunhyuk’s dog happily.

Krystal turned around and laughed at how Sulli looked, panting from running too much wearing a pink dress and heels. Krystal decided it’s enough so she called Soojung to take a rest.

“I swear your daughter is too hyper for her age.” Sulli said while sitting down to take a rest.

“Well, like father like daughter.” Krystal said and Sulli groaned. Krystal looked at her 7-year-old daughter, Soojung, who was busy watching her Uncle Henry play the violin.

It’s been seven years ever since she last saw Kai and now that she’s back in Seoul with their daughter, she hopes everything would go well and she would be able to talk to Kai properly and explain everything. Krystal hasn’t told her daughter who her father is yet, afraid that her daughter might get disappointed knowing what the current situation of her father is.

Krystal really isn’t updated on what’s happening to Kai since she was always busy working and taking care of Soojung, but the last thing she heard about him is that Kai’s now a model and has a girlfriend. It breaks her heart knowing that somehow Kai has moved on but maybe it’s better for it to be like that. She doesn’t want him to be alone and wait for her not knowing when she’ll return but somehow, Krystal’s wishing Kai still loves her.

“Soojung-ah!” Krystal called and the little girl immediately turned her head to look at her mother. “C’mon let’s go check Aunt Jessie.” She said and the little girl ran to her, excitedly.

When they went inside Jessica’s room, she was already dressed in her beautiful white gown, she was sitting in front of a mirror examining her look.

“Okay… how do I look?” Jessica asked once she saw Krystal enter the room.

“You look great.” Krystal said, smiling. After seven years of being together, Jessica is finally going to get married to Donghae. Krystal doesn’t know why it took so long for Donghae to propose to her sister, Jessica would often whine to her every anniversary about why Donghae hasn’t proposed yet but it was worth the wait because now, she’s getting ready to walk down the aisle and marry the man she loves.

“Omma, is Aunt Jessie a princess?” Soojung asked cutely, tugging her dress for attention.

“No baby, she’s a queen. An ice queen.” Krystal teased and Jessica rolled her eyes.

“Wow that’s so cool. Aunt Jessie, do you have magical powers?” Soojung exclaimed and the two of them laughed.

“No silly, your mother was just teasing me over an old nickname. Do I look pretty?” Jessica asked, standing up and showing off the gown she’s wearing.

“Aunt Jessie’s always pretty.” Soojung said, shyly.

“Aw, you’re so sweet. Thank you.” Jessica said, kissing Soojung on the cheeks. Krystal’s thankful her daughter grew up to be a good kid despite not having a father by her side and she hopes the goodness will continue until she grows up.

Krystal found out she was pregnant a few weeks after her heart surgery. The good thing is, Soojung wasn’t affected during her heart surgery and fortunately, she didn’t inherit Krystal’s heart disease but sometimes Krystal still worries something might happen to her daughter and thinking about it, Krystal now understands why her parents doesn’t allow her to go out that much when she was young.

“Hey, don’t worry. I’m pretty sure he’ll come.” Jessica said, breaking Krystal out of trance.

“Huh?”

“I’m pretty sure Kai will come. He’s pretty close to Donghae too.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah, now help me put this veil on.” Jessica said and Krystal immediately grabbed the veil on Jessica’s hands and attached it to her tiara. Krystal suddenly remembered the day Kai gave her the promise ring, the promise ring saying that she’ll never leave Kai but she still did. Krystal can’t help but recollect all the memories she had before she left and it’s sad knowing that it might not be the same again when she meets him.

“I’m going to miss you.” Krystal blurted and Jessica looked at her from the mirror, smiling warmly at her.

“I’m not going to leave you.” Jessica said.

“I know but… it’s just… it would be different. I wouldn’t be able to just barge in your door just because I miss you or I needed something because you have a husband waiting for you, needing you. It’s going to be different and I’m pretty sure you’re going to have kids soon so that means no more sister bonding. I mean, it’s going to be lessened and we wouldn’t be able to see each other often.” Krystal explained and Jessica stood up.

“Stop worrying, okay? I’ll always be here for you whenever you need me, even if it’s in the middle of the night. You’re my sister and you’ll forever matter to me and like what I’ve told you before, I’ll stick with you whether you like it or not. So even if I have my own kids soon, I’ll assure you we’ll still have time for each other and we can arrange for play dates.” Jessica said and Krystal giggled.

“Okay. Well, I’m going to wait for that play date.” Krystal said, smiling. They hugged each other tight but it was cut short when someone knocked on the door.

“I just want to tell you that we’ll start in 5.” Taeyeon said, she was about to leave when she took a look at Jessica.

“Oh my gosh, you’re so pretty.” She exclaimed, coming up to Jessica to take a close look on her.

“Thank you.” Jessica replied. Taeyeon is Donghae’s step sister and she had always been so nice to the both of them, never making her feel out of place whenever she’s with them.

“You know I’m thankful you’re the one who’s going to marry Donghae. You deserve each other.” She said.

“Thank you, I really appreciate everything you’ve done for me and Krystal.”

“Oh that’s nothing, you two are going to be my sisters soon. Now let’s go out?” Taeyeon asked and Jessica nodded. Krystal helped Jessica with her gown while ushering Soojung to follow her.

When they got out everyone was already waiting inside the venue. It was a simple wedding in a botanical garden and only the people close to bot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter