Chapter 5

Baby Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It is not comprehensible by reason."

 

 

13

 

Krystal isn't sure whether Kai's playing with her or not. They were fine and the last time they talked was during gym class but after that Kai suddenly became distant. He doesn't even hang out with the group anymore and if he will, it's when the girls aren't there. He wouldn't even make eye contact with Krystal whenever they see each other and it's starting to irritate her. She's trying to recall if she ever did something to upset Kai but she got nothing. She noticed Kai had been hanging around Suzy a lot and she can't help but feel angry and sad and she doesn't know why.

"Hey, quit knocking your head on the table!" Luna said while trying to lift Krystal's head from across the table.

"Why are you even knocking your head on the table? You're getting weird looks from other students." Amber said, looking at the students who are looking at them.

"I don't care." Krystal said, hands on both side of her face massaging her temple. She regrets knocking her head on the table because now it's giving her a headache.

"Tell me, did I do something wrong? Why is he ignoring me? I don’t even think that I did something wrong to him heck, I don't even know why I'm acting like this! I mean, yeah he's a close friend but why is he stuck in my head and--" Krystal was cut off by an extremely happy Suli who's yelling "Hey, hey, hey" before sitting down with them.

"So what's up?" Sulli asked and Krystal thinks she looks like a Cheshire cat, her smile reaching her ears.

"Uh, why are you so happy?" Luna asked suspiciously and Krystal once again knocked her head on the table causing Sulli to give her a weird look and Amber lifting up her head.

"Um, why is she like this?" Sulli asked.

"We were about to find out but you suddenly cut her off by yelling and looking extremely happy so yeah." Amber explained. "And why are you so happy again?" She added.

"Well, Sehun and I went on a date yesterday." She said in a sing-song manner and Krystal grunted while the two made barfing sounds, Sulli rolled her eyes.

"So Krystal, who are you talking about?" Amber asked, turning her attention to Krystal. Krystal look around the cafeteria to find Kai sitting with Sehun and the boys, it might look normal in Krystal's view but no, Suzy decided to sit beside Kai. She and Kai made eye contact but Kai quickly averted his eyes back to Suzy and Krystal frowned. The three girls followed Krystal's gaze and they saw Kai with the boys.

"Oh, hoho so that's why you're like this. It's because of Kai!" Luna exclaimed and Krystal had to shush her to keep her voice down while the two were laughing along.

"Stop laughing, it's not funny." Krystal said, slapping Sulli on the arm since she's the nearest person she can reach.

"Ow, why are you so distressed?" Sulli asked, while rubbing her arm.

"Because... I don't know. He's avoiding me and I don't know why." She said.

“Maybe you’re jealous.” Luna said.

“Why would I be jealous? I don’t like him.”          

“I don’t know but hey, you said you can’t stop thinking of him so I’m pretty sure it’s not just because you guys are close friends that’s why you’re so worried that he’s avoiding you.” Luna explained and Krystal frowned. “Why would I be jealous?” She thought. Krystal hasn’t really thought about it because she really isn’t searching for love right now and if she does like Kai wouldn’t she already felt it? And she only kind of sees Kai as a friend nothing more, nothing less.

"Why don't you talk to him?" The four girls looked up to see Victoria standing in front of them, holding a tray of food.

"Unnie!!" The four of them exclaimed. It's been a while ever since the five of them had been together, Victoria was always busy teaching.

"Yeah, unnie has a point, why don't you talk to him." Sulli said. It wasn't even a question; it was more of a demand.

"I don't know, I always see him with Suzy and Suzy and I aren't really in good terms." She said. Krystal had told them about what Suzy told her and they weren't pleased. They had to stop Luna from attacking Suzy in the hallway; a mad Luna isn't a good sight to see.

"Wait, they're dating again?!" Victoria exclaimed and Krystal shrugged.

"Didn't I tell him Suzy isn't good for him?! That kid, I swear I'm going to smack his head when I see him." Victoria said.

"Come on, you can do it and I'm pretty sure you're going to have a chance to talk to him alone." Amber said and the three nodded.

So that's how Krystal ended up staying after dance class with Kai. Victoria was their instructor and since she knows Krystal wants to talk to Kai, she made an excuse for Kai to stay and help Krystal about the choreography just to leave the two alone to talk.

"So what do you need help with?" Kai asked from across the dance studio, facing the mirror.

"Actually, I don't really need help, I just want--"

"Then I'm leaving." Kai said and Krystal was a bit shocked because did she really do something wrong for Kai to be this cold towards her?

"Why are you avoiding me?!" Krystal shouted and Kai stopped walking to look at her with a blank face.

"I'm not ignoring you." Kai said calmly and Krystal can feel she's about to burst but she decided to calm down.

"Really? So not talking to me isn't ignoring?" Krystal said, arms folded on her chest.

"I already told you, I'm not ignoring you." He said.

"Then why won't you talk to me?!" She exclaimed.

"Can we not talk about this right now?"

"Then when are we going to talk about this?!"

"Damn it Krystal, stop arguing with me like you’re my girlfriend!" He shouted and Krystal's eyes widened. She didn't expect Kai to say something like that.

"Well I'm sorry because I just want to know why my friend is ignoring me!" Kai's gaze softened and Krystal grabbed her bag ready to storm out of the dance studio.

"Look, I'm sorry--"

"Forget it!" Krystal shouted, slamming the door shut leaving Kai all by himself in the dance studio.

Krystal was in rage, Kai never shouted at her like that and she doesn't even know how all of this started. She thought they were fine. She doesn't know what to feel about the situation anymore, "What would happen after this?" She thought. Krystal doesn't even know why she's so worked up about it. "Stupid Kai." She thought. She was too busy with her thoughts that she didn't realize she was crying. Krystal walked fast, wanting to go out of the school gates immediately.

Krystal decided to go to the nearest park, for some reason she feels relaxed whenever she's in a park. It brings back memories of her childhood and she likes watching the kids play. Krystal sat on the bench, she laughed at herself. "Why am I even crying? Why am I so affected?" She thought.

"Hey." Krystal wiped her eyes with the back of her hand and looked up; she saw Minhyuk standing in front of her. "Hey." She replied.

"I know you like lollipop. So, here." He said, handing over a lollipop. Krystal took it and opened it. "He gave me one, in a park when I was crying." She thought. It was the first time she had a proper conversation with Kai and that was also the start of their friendship. Krystal can't help but cry, letting the tears fall down the second time a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter