Chapter 7

Baby Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"My heart beats faster when I'm with you."

 

 

17

 

“Ani michingeo aniya geumyoil bami doenikka Yeoldusi ga doedo na jam mot jagesseo da nal boreunikka”

“Can you please stop singing, I’m still sleeping.” Krystal shouted. It was 6am in the morning and the girls were singing and dancing to 2PM’s Go Crazy, well it was actually more of shouting than singing and Krystal still wants to sleep. It’s too early to be singing and dancing out to a 2PM song.

“Oh come on, wake up! And this is a nice song.” Amber said while jumping up and down on her bed. Krystal grunted, she’s definitely not a morning person so she decided to cover her head with a pillow hoping to cover the noise in the background.

“Good morning!!” The door suddenly opened revealing Chanyeol with his hands up in the air and the rest of the boys following after him. Krystal didn’t bother asking why Chanyeol had his hands raised and yup, she’s not going to get the sleep she wants now but still, she covered her head with a pillow because she’s too sleepy and lazy despite the fact that the girls plus the boys were loud and creating a mess in their room, she doesn’t want to get up yet… well not until a certain person decided to wake her up..

“Hey, ice princess, wake up.” Kai said softly while patting Krystal’s head and Krystal can’t help but think that it would be nice to wake up like this. Kai’s voice was soft and it almost came out as a whisper and he looks like an angel with a delicate smile, something you would always want to see in the morning. Krystal’s eyes widened and she suddenly stood up and made a beeline to bathroom and the rest, a bit puzzled as to why she’s in a hurry.

Krystal closed and leaned on the bathroom door, she can’t believe she thought of that. “Why would I want Kai to wake me up every day?” she thought. She shook her head and went to face the bathroom mirror.

“No Krystal, you aren’t going to fall for him and he hasn’t even done anything to make your heart flutter so no, you aren’t going to fall in love.” Krystal said to herself while making hand movements in front of the mirror. The last time she had her heart broken, she discovered something that changed her life and there’s a reason why she’s called an ice princess, there’s a reason why she doesn’t have any friends before she met them and there’s a reason why she doesn’t want to fall in love.

“Krystal, are you okay?” She heard Sulli talk through the door. Krystal immediately washed her face and fixed her hair before opening the door.

“Yeah?” She asked. Krystal looked around and boys weren’t there anymore and she didn’t even hear them leave.

“Are you alright?” Sulli asked.

“Yeah of course I’m fine. Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Well, you suddenly went to the bathroom so we thought something was wrong.” Sulli looked like she was thinking hard and Krystal half smiled to show her that she as fine.

“Where are the others?” Krystal asked.

“Oh, Mr. Choi’s on the grounds we need to go down already. We’ll be doing activities.” Sulli explained and Krystal nodded. Wearing a white shirt and black track pants, Sulli and Krystal went by the field to catch on to the others.

 

 

18

 

“Okay, everyone eyes here!” Mr. Choi, their P.E teacher, said after blowing his whistle. Apparently, almost all the teachers joined the trip, maybe because it’s in Jeju or they can have their much awaited break but either ways Krystal doesn’t really care, all she wants is to finish this trip so they can head back to Seoul.

“Today, you’ll be playing paintball...” Upon hearing those words, a lot of students groaned so Krystal had to ask Baekhyun why. “All his games have twists. You know like a plot twist in a story so yeah, don’t expect it to be that good because believe me sometimes it can be brutal.” He said.

“Brutal? Then why are they allowing him to manage the activities?” Krystal asked and it was Suho’s turn to answer. “Because first, he’s the only P.E teacher in our school who really gives his ‘all’ about these kinds of trips. Second, he can get away with anything because third, he’s hot.” Krystal laughed, Suho’s face was in a scowl when he was saying that but Krystal got to admit that Mr. Choi wasn’t bad looking, maybe all of the female teachers has the ‘hots’ for him, they just wouldn’t admit.

“But we aren’t going to play the paintball that you know, we are playing paintball my way. So, you have to be ready. Mark will tell you all the mechanics of the game.” Mr. Choi said and he stood back giving the floor to Mark.

“Okay the mechanics of the game is easy. You will be split into two teams and each team have a flag to protect, the group who gets to have the other team’s flag wins. So, you really have to shoot your opponent in order to get the flag. It’s up to your team on how you’ll strategize your plan. Hyorin here, will announce the teams.” He said. It sounds easy, Krystal thought. Krystal had to admit she can be pretty athletic too, something she got from her parents and she’s not really afraid to compete.

“Team A will be having Suzy, Min, JB, Minho, Sojin, Jhope, Jimin, Jiyeon, Baro and Kai.” Hyorin said and damn, Kai is in the opposite team Krystal thought.

“Team B, Sehun, Sulli, Jungkook, Krystal, Daehyun, Jia, Youngjae, Seulgi, JR, Hyeri. Then the rest will be joining in another activity.” After announcing the teams, Krystal saw Kai walking towards Suzy’s group. She looked at Kai as if she’s expecting Kai to turn around and smile at her or maybe have him say ‘good luck’ or ‘fighting’ in an enthusiastic voice. Krystal doesn’t know but lately it feels like she wants to be more close to Kai, she wants him around and somehow the butterflies wouldn’t stop growing in her stomach every time she sees Kai smile.

“Krystal, come on! Let’s strategize our plan.” Hyeri said and Krystal went to their group. She knew almost everyone in their group, mostly because she became partners with one of them or in a group project and some are her classmates so it wouldn’t be difficult memorizing their names.

“So what exactly are we going to do?” Jinyoung asked. They were all gathered up in a circle trying to figure out what to do.

“How about we split ourselves into three teams. The first team will guard the flag, second team will shoot the opponent and the third team gets the flag of the opponent’s.” Krystal suggested and everyone seems to like the idea.

“Okay then so who will be in the first, second and third?” Seulgi asked.

“I’ll be in the first.” Everyone looked around and saw Jia walking towards them. “I’m a part of your group remember?” She said. Youngjae cleared his throat, “Uh yeah so yeah… first yeam. You’ll be guarding the flag just pick two more people.”

“Okay, I’ll go with Sulli and you.” Jia said. Krystal looked at Jia and she can’t help but doubt her, she’s Suzy’s friend so what if she might get the flag and give it to them willingly. Of course that could happen but the others doesn’t seem to be worried about that so Krystal didn’t speak.

“Then, Sehun, Krystal and I will get the flag then the rest will shoot the opponent.” Daehyun said and everyone nodded.

“Everyone the game will start in five minutes so be ready.” Mr. Choi announced.

“Okay we can do this, you all know what to do.” Daehyun said and everyone nodded. He’s actually the leader of their team since Mr. Choi picked one in each. The rest didn’t really bother complaining since Daehyun is really athletic, part of the football team. Everyone started to get ready for the game, putting up their gears and holding up their guns making sure it’s loaded with paint and Krystal wants to laugh because everyone seems so serious about the game. They don’t even know what the price of those who’ll win is.

“The flags are on the both ends of the field, walls are set up for the game. Let’s play fair and square okay?” Mr. Choi sad. The two teams were gathered in front of him, waiting for him to start the game already.

“Get in to your positions… the game begins now!” Mr. Choi announced and everyone hurriedly went to their bases. Krystal was about to go join Sulli in their base when Daehyun suddenly grabbed her arm and dragged her in some bush.

“It’s best that they don’t see us go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter