Liar

Triple F [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Byul.. tell me everything about that man..”

“which man?” she was munching on her biscuit while her eyes fixed on the TV, oblivious of the latter's stern voice.

 “Byul look at mom first.”

Just then, the younger obediently turned her head to face her mother, “what?” she blinked.

Sunhwa bit inside her cheek, a bit nervous to ask her a question. 

“the man that you call as your father.. what did he do to you?” she managed to blurt.

“ah appa!” she grinned, “Wae? Are we going to meet him? Umma I miss him…” she whined.

Sunhwa fluttered closed her eyes, “Byul.. is he a good father to you?” she emphasized her words.

“yes.. of course, he is very kind and gentle to me!”

Hearing the younger's answer making her sighed defeatedly. “alright..” 

“are we  going to meet him?” Byul repeated while holding Sunhwa’s wrist who was standing up now.

“no..” she shook her head as Byul’s shoulders deflated in dismay, “-I mean.. not now.. maybe next time we can meet your father. He probably busy at this time.” Sunhwa quickly made up an excuse. She wondered if she had to make the same excuse again just to avoid seeing Byul's father.

"But-"

"next time will do okay?" Sunhwa tried her best to reassure Byul. Finally the younger just heaved a sigh, forming a small smile. 

"alright.."

Sunhwa returned her smile in gratitude for her daughter not being so stubborn at this matter. 

 Then, she made her way to the kitchen where she found Kai sitting alone by the counter bar. He heard her conversation with Byul just now.

“if Junmyeon is really a bad father who could threat Byul’s life like you always said, why he let her go to you again? Actually he can just kill her at the time where she stayed with him. This doesn’t make any sense.” Kai said as shoved a spoonful of ice-cream in his mouth.

“are you siding Junmyeon now?” she took her seat on the stool beside him.

“not really.. just pointing out the fact.” He shrugged.

“but like Chanyeol said, why Junmyeon suddenly appeared in our life when Byul is missing?”

He almost tapped his chin with the stained spoon, “umm I don’t know about that. Perhaps it is fate? Coincidence?”

Kai squinted his eyes while leaned forward to her in a teasing manner,

“-I know Chanyeol hyung was just trying to brainwash you.. he hate that Junmyeon because he is jealous.” Kai smirked.

Sunhwa's eyebrow raised. Only one. “jealous? Seriously..” 

Kai was amused to see his friend seemed insensitive to whatever thing had came to her life. Probably she needed a hint. A sly grin drawn across his tanned face, “Sunhwa I want to ask you something..”

“what?” 

“do you like Junmyeon?”

“yes I like him.” She bluntly answered.

“Aish..” he groaned, this was not the answer that he wanted. “I mean do you love him as in love with a man?” 

Sunhwa blinked, tried to act innocent as best as she could. “why do you ask me such a question? I just know him barely..”

“eyy..”

“shut up a son of next door neighbor.”

“Junmyeon..” he cooed.

“is appa here?” Byul suddenly appeared, naively asking making Sunhwa ran her palm to her face.

:.::.::.:

“hey young lady,” someone called and Sunhwa’s head flashed to see the owner of the voice, already showing his signature smile everytime they met. And she adored it. But maybe from now on, she should not..

She forced herself to frown instead of returning his gesture. “how do you know I’m here?” she was currently at a convenience store and about to leave anyway.

Junmyeon shrugged, 

“I’m your guardian. Remember?”

Sunhwa shook her head, tried hard to ignore his remark as she turned around but was immediately stopped when he held her shoulder before he released it back, enough to make her pause.

“please don’t leave yet.” 

She closed her eyes momentarily and faced him again, “what do you want from me?” she pleaded, her tone was surprisingly different, it was almost matched a weak person.

He frowned with her attitude, she wasn’t usually like this, “what’s wrong with you?”

“what’s wrong with me?” she retorted. “you know what? you are practically stalking me.” She pointed her index finger to his chest, just to confirm he was the 'wrong' here.

Junmyeon was taken aback, “wait, I don’t understand what are you talking about.” He completely couldn’t comprehend what happen just now. He just could not see what had gone wrong with their relationship. Everything was fine before unless.. he had hurt her..

But he could swear.. he didn't remember doing anything that hurt her.. directly.

Sunhwa stared at him, she wondered if he really innocent on this whole situation or he was just pretending.  “look Junmyeon, I know Byul is your daughter, if you really want to take her..” She paused, glancing around to make sure they didn’t attract people’s attention, “..don’t do this to me.. do it like a real man.”

A little ticked off, she just walked pass him,  as Junmyeon stayed froze, lost in his mind.

:.::.::.:

Junmyeon just stared outside the window, his figure was there but his soul was probably flying around the night sky. 

A door to his study room creaked opened, he looked up and saw Sehun walked inside. 

“hyung, let’s eat dinner outside. I’m hungry.” He said as he threw his body on the padded chair comfortably, closing his eyes momentarily. 

“I’m not hungry Sehun.” he replied, uncharacteristically.

The younger opened his eyes, rather offended at how Junmyeon pushed his offer. 

“come on hyung! We can-”

“I said I’m not hungry.” He repeated, this time his voice was raised making Sehun winced. Sadly he sighed.

 "alright, it's up to you."

As Junmyeon could sense the next movement will be made by the latter which was leaving him of course,and as he regretted his action for bitterly rejected the latter's kind invitation, he quickly scrambled up his words.

"wait Sehun. I'm sorry but please sit first." Junmyeon spoke when Sehun already half way of standing on his own feet, and Junmyeon instantaneously pushed him down to sit again causing the corner of the younger's lips tugged u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter