Mistake

Triple F [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the meeting with Sehun, Sunhwa drove home right away. On her way, she kept on thinking about her conversation with Sehun early. It could almost drive her crazy.

She looked at her smartphone after closing the door of her car.

3 missed calls from Kai.

She sighed before walked in the house.

“yah.. do you know what time it is?” Kai greeted from the kitchen, one hand holding a spoon in the air pointing to his wristwatch on his left, “..-it’s almost nine.” Sunhwa heard his sarcastic tone, but didn’t think much of it because if she did, she would already start a World War 3 with him.

Kai didn’t notice the unusuality either. He just went to wash his hands while the latter wordlessly went  further inside the unit looking for non other than;

“Byul..”

She said when she pushed wider the unclosed door of her room only to find out that her daughter had asleep. Seeing the little girl was safe, soundly sleeping on the king sized bed made her exhaled in a big relief.

 

Sunhwa returned to the kitchen where Kai almost done washing the dishes, humming to an incoherent song to her ears. She tapped his shoulder making him jumped, clutching to the sink mouth for dear life.

She snorted half-heartedly.

“I’m sorry..hmm?” she patted his back before strolled to the fridge.

“Aishh really..” Kai scoffed.

Silence engulfed after that. It was just probably Kai was tired of babysat the 5 years old girl. Even it was just approximately for about 3 hours.. after the nanny left.

“Kai..”

The male looked at her while drying out his hands with tissues, “yes?” tilting his head purposely even when he was not that in wonder.

“what… did you fed Byul with?” Sunhwa blurted still in uninterested manner. Just to fill the silence though. She just needed something to ease her feelings. Her insecurity, anxiousness, nervousness. Unfortunately, the person she relied the most was already dozed off. The used-to-be person was … of course impossible, he has Chaerin.  Probably Kai’s companion would do a big help.

The third mentioned person almost rolled his eyes at her question.

“why’d ask a question that you’re already know the answer.” He countered, tossing the handmade ball of tissues to the nearest bin.

The latter just bobbed her head up and down. Failed to make a sensible conversation.

“so.. you don’t burn the chicken don’t you?”

“well.. I guess.. not.”

“I’m sorry for not answering your call, I left it silent.” She muttered,  “..and I’m sorry for troubling you with Byul’s dinner-”

“nah.. it’s not a big deal for me, as long as you have the stock.” Kai smiled.

Sunhwa nodded when she was not quite sure what they were talking about. Her mind was wandering off again.

Kai flicked his fingers in front of her face making her winced, snapping out of her trance. She looked intently at his eyes, “what?”

He shook his head lazily, “I’m going home.” With that, he made his way to the door.

“Now?” Sunhwa’s eyes rounded, mentally making a note of how screwed up Kai was at this time when she in need of someone.

Lucky for her, Kai was not in his mind to . Because usually he would say that she was a total loser who afraid of living alone in the home. But at this moment, she couldn’t be careless of what Kai would say about her because she just freaking needed someone to talk with.

It took her whole patience not to pull his arm so he wouldn’t leave. And it took her whole sense to work together in this kind of conversation;

“yeah... why?” Kai continued with his steps as Sunhwa followed. However, he suddenly stopped in his track, turning around to her direction. "Wait. Why do you sound surprised?"He asked like he just returned to his sense.. his normal-type sense.

Sunhwa could almost feel herself smiling when Kai spun around. This was like a golden chance. She eyed Kai’s sleepy face, and suddenly she felt a tug of concern in her heart as she couldn’t bring herself to utter her desire. But only later she shook her head.

She changed her mind.

“nothing.. just go back home. You obviously need rest.” She said, chuckling as she spun him around and pushed his back towards the door.

The latter confusedly looked over his shoulder, “ooo-kay. But are you sure?” he asked as he completely facing her again. Eyes widely opened now.

“of course..”

He narrowed his eyes, as if noticing the lies in her eyes. But he couldn’t decipher what was it.

“I can wait here until you fell asleep you know.” He furrowed his brows out of worries.

She shook her head fervently knowing Kai was concerning her now. Not wanting to burden the boy, she quickly made up a reassuring excuse so he would be convince, leaving him no space to argue. At last Kai agreed to it, patting her head in which she flinched, telling her to take care of herself and Byul before he disappeared behind the door.

Desolating Sunhwa to heave a low sigh.

The next moment she knew, a sound from her smartphone had startled the heck out of her.

 

I hope you still not sleeping yet, there is something I want to talk with you.

In her dimmed room, she read the message over and over again on the smartphone screen. She frowned, wondering who would send her this message. Considering there was no caller’s name which of course was a stranger’s number, she decided to ignore it.

When she was about to hit the sack, the vibration from her phone immediately killed her intention to sleep. She looked at the screen, mentally grunted that the same number had send her a message again.

Damn it, don’t ignore me. I know you’re not sleeping yet. We have to talk.

Sunhwa swallowed. What the heck this person can know that she was not sleeping yet? She looked around the almost dark room. There was no person inside, she supposed, beside herself and Byul. At last she gathered her strength to reply the message.

I’m sorry but I don’t know who you are. I’m busy with my life so please do not disturb.

She sighed as soon as the message delivered.

Not long after that, a message from the stranger came to her view.

I don’t care what are doing right now. Because your business is mine too. Remember that I have my precious property with you.

Sunhwa’s eyes rounded, at this stranger whom acted like he or she was close to her. Like the stranger know everything about her. Just.. ughh.

Stop stalking to me for a God sake, you creepy ert. Just leave me alone!!!!

She intently put the exclamation mark just to express her strong emotion right now. She was not going to lose to this stranger. After sending the last message she determined to not bother to ‘talk’ with the stranger anymore. She determined to shut her eyes.

A first sound from her smartphone still not wavered herself. She remained unmoved from her position which was turning Byul, back-facing the smartphone on the nightstand.

The next vibration almost triggered herself to sit up and grab the damn smartphone. But she held back.

By the third ringing, she was losi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter