Chapter twenty Nine

Vampire Romance

*Lay’s POV*

It has been 3 days. Kasumi is still lying on the bed with no response. I did not leave her side. Not even once. Looking out of the window, its now winter. Snow is falling down from the sky, filling the ground.

“Kasumi, it's snowing. I know you will definitely love this. It’s so beautiful outside. I will let you do anything. Roll on the snow, do butterflies on the snow. Anything. Just wake up will you? Just wake up…” I held on to her hand tightly and a tear fell down.

*Emile’s POV*

The door of Lay’s room was opened. I stood outside the door looking at Kasumi and Lay. I caused my best friend lying on the bed. I caused Lay to be in grieve. It’s my entire fault. I clutched my heart and dropped to the floor. Tears streamed down my face.

“Emi…”

I looked up to see Kai standing in front of me. I stood up from the ground and ran into his arms. I hugged him tightly and cried out loud. He didn't said anything. He just held me tightly and let me cry.

Kai held my hand and led me into Lay’s room.

“Lay, I need your help.” Kai said. Lay turned to look at us and back to Kasumi. He didn’t want to leave. He wanted to stay beside her.

“Lay, Kasumi wouldn’t want to see you like this.” Kai continued. After Uncle Shin and Sehun failed to kill me, they recruits lots of rogues and decided to attack us. Kai, his parents and Lay’s parents are currently planning on how to deal with it. Kai is trying his best to convince Lay to participate.

“Lay, Uncle Shin and Sehun are planning to attack. We really need your help.” Kai said. All of us stayed silent for a few minutes.

“Give me  few minutes.” Lay said. Kai and I nodded and waited for him outside his room. Few minutes later, he walked out of the room washed up.

He looked at me and asked. “Can you look after Kasumi for me?”

“Yes.” I said.

He smiled at me and went off with Kai.

I took a seat beside the bed and looked at Kasumi. She looked so pale.

“Kasumi, I’m sorry. I’m better at controlling my power now. Kai has been coaching me and I would like you to see it.” I smiled a little. “You are really best friend of mine. How can I live without you? I can't lose you. Please wake up. I need you. Lay needs you. You promised me, didn’t you? You said we will be best friends forever, didn’t you? Please…” Tears flow out from my eyes.

Suddenly, I feel a little vibration on the bed. I looked up at once. “Kasumi?”

*Kai’s POV*

I and Lay are currently at my dad’s study room, with my parents and His. We are discussing about the plan on how to deal with Uncle Shin and Sehun. Lay tried to participate but he is still a bit distracted. I know he is worried about Kasumi. I totally can understand how he feels.

Our parents also knew that Lay is unfocused.

“Ok. We will end our meeting for now.” My dad said and signalled me to Lay. Lay is still dazing on the chair. I patted Lay and signalled him that the meeting has ended. He nodded and left right away. I followed behind him. He opened the door of his room. He froze for a few seconds and went dashing out.

“LAY!!” I shouted. I went to take a look in his room. No one is here. I chased after Lay and we came to the garden, covered with snow. We heard laughters travelling out. Both of us froze.

Emile and Kasumi are playing snow war? Kasumi used her right hand to throw snow balls at Emile. Emile used her wind power to crash the snow ball into powder form and sprinkled from the air to the ground. Such a beautiful scene.

“Emile, your great.” Kasumi said to Emilee.

Emile walked up to Kasumi and hugged her tightly. “You are then the awesome one, Kass.”

“Best friends forever?” Emilee asked Kasumi.

“Best friends forever.” Kasumi said and smiled sweetly at her. The two of them then turned to look at us. Emile held onto Kasumi and the both of them walked towards us slowly. Both Lay and Kasumi looked at each other. Both their eyes never left each other. Kasumi stood in front of Lay and Emile stood beside. I wrapped my arms around her and both of us smiled at each other.

The both of them kept staring at each other. Lay slowly lifted his hand to touch her face. Kasumi closed her eyes to feel the warmth Lay was giving her. Lay took a step closer to Kasumi and rested his forehead on hers. I know the both of them have a thousand of things to say to each other but none of them are speaking up. This is because there are too many things to say and none of them knows where to start. And no matter how many words have been said, it is still insufficient to explain the feelings and the emotions they are currently experiencing.

Lay put his arms around Kasumi and hugged her tightly. Kasumi smiled and snuggled into his arms.

“It’s getting dark out here. Let’s go inside.” I said and walked in with Emile. Lay and Kasumi followed behind.

We went to the living room that is warm and cosy with the fireplace lit up. I sat on the couch and pulled Emile to sit on my lap. Lay and Kasumi sat on the longer sofa. Lay put his arms around her waist and sat close to her. The both of them kept looking at each other, totally living in their own world.

“Is your arm hurting?” Lay asked gently. Kasumi took a look at her bandaged arm.

“Kasumi?” Lay called out her name.

“It’s kind of numb.” She said, turning to look at Lay. Lay looked at Kasumi sadly. She doesn’t know. None of us told her.

“Lay? What’s wrong?” Kasumi asked but Lay is not responding to her. She looked at the both of us. Emile felt apologetic towards Kasumi.

“Kasumi…” I called her. She turned to look at me, waiting for me to continue.

“You arm is hurt quite badly. You might have issues using that arm.” I told her. The oak wood is the weakness of all vampires. The oak wood stabbed at her arm, damaged her veins. Basically, she will not have strength in her left arm, unable to lift things with it.

“Oh. No wonder my left arm felt so weak.” She laughed a little. She looked at us. “What’s with all your faces? It’s nothing serious. It’s not as if my whole arm dropped off.”

“Kasumi…” Emile is feeling guilty about it.

“I’m fine, Emile. Don’t have to feel guilty about it. Lay will be my left hand, right?” Kasumi looked at Lay and smiled at him. Lay hugged her closer to him and buried his face in her hair.

“Yes. Forever.”

=======================================================