Chapter Fifteen

Vampire Romance

Emi, feed from me.” Kai demanded. I look at him and look at his parents who are standing at the door. I hesitated.

“Emi…” Ren cupped my face and lift my head up to face him. Tears started rolling down my Cheeks.

“Let’s leave them alone.” Kia’s dad spoke and left the room with others following him out.

Kai rested his forehead on mine. “I’m not going to let you go. Please.... Please stay with me.” And he looked into my eyes. I reach out to his face. Kai looked so worn out. Guess I have been struggling between life and death for too many times.

I smile at him and pull him closer to me. I extend my fangs and pierce it through his neck. I drink his blood till I’m satisfied.

“Kai, what about you? You haven’t been drinking from me.” Since I became a vampire, I don’t recall Kai feeding from me.

“I’m fine. I have been consuming blood from the blood bank.”

“But…”

“It’s ok. Your body is still recovering from the injuries given by jerk.” That angers him. “And plus now your power is affecting your body. I don’t want to put more harm to it. I still can handle my thirst. Don’t worry about it.”

“I’m sorry. I’m such a useless mate.” Kai has all along been concerning about me. No matter what he does, he always put me in his first consideration.

“No, Emi. You are not useless. I forbid you to say such things.” Kai stretched out his hand to hug me. “You are so important to me. You don’t know how much I love you.”

“Kai…”

He took a deep breath and sigh. He pushed me slightly away and looked at me. Scenes started flashing through my mind. These aren't my memories or my thoughts. It’s Kai.

*Kai’s POV*

After she fainted, I carried her and dash to put her on the bed. I called for our family doctor. Meanwhile, I sit on the edge of the bed looking at her. She’s so beautiful. I plant a kiss on her forehead. I can't lose you, Emi.... Please be alright. She has been in coma for 1 day already. This is so worrying.

“How is she?” I asked Ray, our family doctor.I felt her heart beat quicken. She is waking up.

“She is fine. Let her rest for a while. She has the ability to control air and her power is currently developing. She has to learn to control it. Otherwise, her power will just keep draining her energy until she dried up. You should know that, Kai. Vampires who have the ability to control elements are gifted but at the same time, you have to know how to control it. Since there is royal blood flowing within you, it is much easier for you to control it. In the past, normal vampires who are equipped with this kind of ability didn’t survive long. She is a bitten vampire. It is much more taxing for her. And you do remember that this is one of the reasons why you agree to seal away her vampire senses 5 years ago.” I remember. It is so pain for me to part with her. Seeing her cry in the dark, hurt me even more.

“But, drinking my blood helps her to control her power right?”

“Yes. It does help but she would require and demand lots of it. And in the process, her power might hurt you or others if she loses control. You probably need to discuss this with the Majesty.”

“Then, if dad doesn’t agree, I have to watch her die?! NO!! I’m not going to let that happen. Nothing is important to me except her. I’m not even interested in the throne. Sehun can have it if he wants it!! I don’t care!!”

“How could say such a thing!! And you think that we will let your mate die?!” I know they heard me. I smell them halfway through the conversation. I purposely said it out loud. It’s true that I’m not interested in the throne. I don’t mind giving up. I just want Emi to be safe. They finally decided to come into the room. I’m still wondering how long they intend to stand outside.

“Kai?” She called out to me. Her voice sounded so weak.

“Honey… How are you feeling? Are you thirsty?” I turned my attention to her immediately.

“Emi, feed from me.” I demanded. I know she is thirsty. I could even feel the pain in . She looked at me and then to my parents who are standing at the door. She heard everything Ray had said.

“Emi…” I cupped her face and force her to look at me. Tears started rolling down her cheeks.

“Let’s leave them alone.” My dad spoke and they left the room.

I rest my forehead against hers. “I’m not going to let you go. Please.... Please stay with me.” I look into her eyes. I love her. She smiled at me and pulled me closer to her. I could feel her fangs piercing through my neck.

“Kai, what about you? You haven’t been drinking from me.” I guess she realized it.

“I’m fine. I have been consuming blood from the blood bank.”

“But…”

“It’s ok. Your body is still recovering from the injuries given by that jerk.” Thinking of that incident makes my heart boils. I blamed myself for not being able to protect her. I know Sehun is after her and I still left her alone. I will never forgive myself for this mistake that I have done.

“And plus now your powers are affecting your body. I don’t want to put more harm to it. I still can handle my thirst. Don’t worry about it.”

“I’m sorry. I’m such a useless mate.” She became depressed.

“No, Emi. You are not useless. I forbid you to say such things.” I hug her tightly. I don’t like her to say such things. “You are so important to me. You don’t know how much I love you.”

“Kai…”

I took a deep breath and sigh. I position her in front of me. I decided to tell her my thoughts, show her my love and tell her everything that has happened.

===========================================================