Chapter Twenty Eight

Vampire Romance

*Lay’s POV*

When I told Kasumi about Emile slipping into coma for 2 days, she wanted to visit her. So on this day, we went to the castle. The servants told us that Kai and Emile are at the garden. Kasumi happily rush to the garden.

“KASUMI!!!!” I saw Emilee’s power is going towards kasumi. I used my power and raised a large stone nearby to go against the impact of the wind that Emile is creating. The stone shattered in the air instantly when it rubbed against the wind power.

I went beside Kasumi and wrapped my arms around her waist.

“Kasumi, are you hurt?” I asked worriedly.

She smiled at me. “I’m fine.”

The wind is gushing roughly, sweeping pass everything around the garden.

“Kasumi!” She focused on Emilee’s power, trying to control it.

“Kasumi, you will hurt yourself. Stop it.” I said.

“Lay, it’s ok.” No. It’s not ok. Emile’s power is too strong for Kasumi to handle.

“Kasumi…” I held on to her even tighter.

“Do something!! I can’t hold it any longer!!” She shouted out to Kai.

Then, out of a sudden, everything stopped.

“Kasumi!! Kasumi!!” When everything calmed down, Kasumi fainted.

"Sir, how is she?” Dr Ray came to look at Kasumi.

"She bears quite a big blow. It’s ok. I will prescribe some medicine and consume it with blood. She will recover anytime. Don’t worry. If she consumes some royal blood, she will recover faster.” Dr Ray packed his things and left the room.

“Lay, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to…” Emile apologized.

“It’s ok, Emi.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Don’t worry, Kasumi will be fine.” I smiled at her and turned back to look at Kasumi.

“Let’s leave them alone.” Kai said and led Emile out of the room.

I brushed my hand across her face.

“Please be alright.”

I stayed beside her all night. Till the next morning, she is finally awake.

“Kasumi? Kasumi?” Kasumi stirred a bit and opened her eyes. She blinked a few times and turned to look at me.

“Thank god! How are you feeling? Where do you feel pain? Or do you feel nausea? Are you thirsty?” I kept checking on her.

“Lay, I’m fine. I’m thirsty.” I helped her to sit up from the bed.

I moved to sit on the edge of the bed. I held her closed to me so it is easier for her to feed from me. She sank her fangs into my neck to feed from me.

“Are you feeling better?” I asked her when she finished consuming.

“Yes. I’m fine. Don’t worry.” She smiled at me.

“How can I not possible be worried?! Do you know you scare the hell out of me?!”

“I’m sorry.”

“Kasumi, I will not allow you to do that again.” I said.

“But Lay, I wanted to help.” Kasumi pleaded.

“No Kasumi. You just learned how to control your ability. Emile’s power is too strong for you. And she is still trying to control it. I don’t want you to get hurt again.”

“Lay…”

“Emile, you may want to come in and knock some sense into her.” I smell Emile standing outside of the door.

“EMILE!!!” Kasumi happily got down from the bed and ran up to hug Emile.

“KASS! You just woke up! Don’t just run like this!!” I told her.

Kasumi turned to me and laughed nervously. She walked up to me and hugged me.

“I’m sorry.”

“How should I deal with you?”

Kasumi smiled at me and gave me a peck on my lips. She then turned her attention back to Emile. “I missed you so much.”

“Me too.”

“I leave you girls to talk.” I said and kissed Kasumi on her lips before heading out. But I never knew the moment I leave, she gave me a bigger surprise.

“EMILE, WATCH OUT!!!” I heard Kasumi screamed out loud and my eyes shot opened. I turned to see that she is not beside me. I grabbed a coat and speed out of the room immediately.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!” I heard Kasumi yelped out loud. My heart dropped. No. I smell her blood in the air. The moment I reached the area with Kai, I saw Kasumi lying on the ground with an oak wood stabbed on her arm.

“KASUMI! Kasumi!! Please…” I placed her in my arms.

“Lay, it’s ok. She’s doing well. I just helped her a little more.” Kasumi said weakly.

“Kasumi, no. I’m going to get you inside.”

“Lay, one last time.” She pleaded and focused her mind on Emile. Emile slowly retrieved back all her energy and get in control of it.

Kasumi closed her eyes and rested on me. “Kasumi! Ksumi! Please answer me.”

“Lay…” she opened her eyes and looked at me.

“Kasumi, are you ok?!” Emile rushed to us.

“Emile, your awesome.” Kasumi smiled at her.

“Kass…”

At night, Kai and Emile came into our room.

“Lay?” Emilee called me. I turned around to look at the both them.

“Emile, why are you here? shouldn't you be resting? Kai, you should bring her back to her room and rest.” I said.

She cried immediately. “Lay, you should scold me or hit me. In that way, I will feel better. Why are you still so concern about me?”

“You are like my little sister. Of course I’m concerned about you.” It is true.

“But I caused Kasumi to be like this. You shouldn’t be nice to me. You should hate me. You should be angry with me.”
I turned to look at Kasumi. “She helped you willingly. I know she will not be angry with you and she wouldn’t want me to be angry with you too. I don't hate you, Emile. If I hate you, I bet Kasumi would hate me.” I tried to force my laughter out.

Emile hugged me tightly. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry.”

=========================================================