Chapter Twenty Two

Vampire Romance

*Emile’s POV*

I took a deep breath of the air. I felt so calm and refreshed. I spread out my arms to take a feel of the wind. I felt energy piling within me. Wind spinning around me.

“EMI!!”

I closed my eyes to feel the energy. I could felt the heat within me. I shot my eyes open and felt energy got release out from me.

“KASUMI!!!!” I think I heard Lay’s voice.

‘CRASH’

A large stone shattered in the air.

‘"Emi, concentrate. Focus on the inner energy and force it down."’ Kai’s voice rang in my head.

‘Kai…’

Then, the wind started to spin, creating a whirlwind and sweep across the garden. I felt sudden resistance acting against my power of wind. It feels like it’s trying to take control of it.

“Do something!! I can’t hold it any longer!!” A girl shouted out.

‘Emi, try. Try to take control of your power. You are going to hurt Kasumi if you don’t do so.’ Kai said in my mind.

Kass?! I felt a sudden snap of my energy and it bounce back to me. Everything comes to a rest. I fell on to the ground.

“Emi!!” Kai rushed up to me. “Emi, are you ok?!”

I slowly breathe in and out. “Yea. I think I’m fine.”

“Kass!! Kass!!” I heard Lay yelling and I look up to see Kasumi fainted in Lay’s arms. I stood up and rushed to them.

“Kass!! I’m so sorry!!! I’m sorry. Kasumi!! Kasumi…”

“Lay, bring her in. I'll call the doctor to look at her.” Kai said behind me.

Lay nodded and carried Kasumi into the house.

“Sir, how is she?” I ask Dr. Ray.

“She took quite a big blow. It’s ok. I will prescribe some medicine and consume it with blood. She will recover anytime. Don’t worry. If she consumes some royal blood, she will recover faster.” Dr Ray packed his things and left the room.

“Lay, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to…” I spoke. Kai came beside and squeeze my hand a little.

“It’s ok, Emi.”

“I’m sorry.” How could I hurt my best friend?

“Don’t worry Emile. Kasumi will be fine.” Lay smiled at me and turned back to look at Kasumi. He is actually so worried about Kasumi and he tried to assure me by acting fine.

“Let’s leave them alone.” Kai held my hand and led me out of the room. We went back to our room. I sit on one of the couch and went sulking.

“Emi, don’t be like this.” Kai kneel in front of me.

“But I feel bad about it.”

“She will be fine.”

“But I’m still worried. What if she doesn’t wake up?! It’s my fault.”

“Emi, she will be fine. You must trust her.” I nodded at him and continue sulking. Kai just left me alone for a while.

The next morning, I went to Kasumi’s room to check her out and I heard voices coming out from the room.

“Kass, I will not allow you to do that again.” Lay spoke.

“But Lay, I want to help.” Kasumi pleaded.

“No . You just learned how to control your ability. Emile’s power is too strong for you. And she is still trying to control it. I don’t want you to get hurt again.”

“Lay…”

“Emi, you may want to come in and knock some sense into her.” Lay said from inside the room. Opps.

I push open the door and saw Kasumi sitting on the bed with Lay standing beside her bed. I smiled at them.

“EMILE!!!” Kasumi happily got down from the bed and ran up to hug me.

“KASUMI! You just woke up! Don’t just run like this!!” Lay lectured.

Kasumi turned to Lay and laugh nervously. She walked up to him and snuggled into his chest.

“I’m sorry.”

Lay heaves a sigh. “How should I deal with you?”

Kasumi smiled at Lay and gave him a peck on his lips. She then turned her attention back to me. She hugged me again. “I missed you so much.”

“Me too.”

“I leave you girls to talk.” Lay said and kissed Kasumi on her lips before heading out.

“Emile, come here and sit.” Kasumi pulled me to the bed. Kasumi smiled happily.

“Looks like you are doing well.” I said. “Lay turned you into a vampire?”

Kasumi nodded. “Yea. Lay is nice and he treats me well although sometimes he gets real protective.”

“He is just concern about you.”

“I know.” And she smiled sweetly. I’m really happy for her. Lay is a good guy and Kasumi is a nice girl. They are really suitable for each other.

“Emile.” Kasumi looked at me and held my hand. “I heard from Lay.” She leaned forward and hugged me.

“Kasumi, what is it?”

“I don’t want you to die. Emile, I want to help you too.”

“Kasumi, what is your ability?”

===================================================