Captured

A Fangirl Dream Come True?

 

CHAPTER 9: Captured

Minhwan’s POV

It has been hours since we got home from our Star King recording. We already finished eating the food that we ordered from a restaurant near our dorm and washed the dishes, still, Jaejin and Daph aren’t home.

“Minhwan, aren’t you going to sleep?” Seunghyun asked me, he was watching our hyung’s Dream Team episode with me.

“I’ll finish this episode first. Sleep first if you want.” I answered, eyes focused on the TV. Actually, I’ve already watched this episode yesterday with Daph. I just want to wait for Jaejin hyung and Daph to go home safely before I sleep.

“Ok!” he yawned. “I know you’re waiting for Daph and Jaejin hyung anyway. You don’t have to lie Minari~” he said, teasing me.

“No, I’m not!” I retorted back.

“Liar~ I told you, you don’t have to lie to me. Why did you let her go to Jaejin hyung anyway? You liked her first right?” Seunghyun asked.

I stared at him thinking of the right thing to say. I have been asking myself that too. I was close with her first.

“I actually don’t know…  maybe it’s because we’re only meant to be friends.” I sighed. Seunghyun patted me in the shoulder then smiled.

“You’ll get over it Minari! There are lots of girls out there. Maybe you’ll get the chance to get Dara noona or Bomi’s number!” he smiled, trying to cheer me up. (A/N: Dara is from 2NE1 and Bomi is from APink. Minhwan likes them :D)

“Yeah, maybe.” I smiled. Thinking of asking Dara noona for lunch makes me tremble. I don’t know how to approach her because I think she’s unreachable. As for Bomi, I think she’s more of a dongsaeng to me, but still, I don’t have their cellphone number.

After a few minutes of watching Dream Team with Seunghyun, we heard the door open.

“Oh! They’re back.” Then I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep. I elbowed Seunghyun and asked him to do the same. He looked at me, scowling from the pain I had caused, and then he closed his eyes too. We listened to their conversation even though we both know it’s eavesdropping.

“Oh, Seunghyun and Minhwan fell asleep in the couch.” I heard Jaejin hyung said, looking at both of our faces. I hope he won’t know that both of us are faking it, or we’re dead for sure.

“They’re watching your Dream Team episode.” Daph said with humor in her voice. Jaejin hyung was totally funny in this episode. He rolled around the thingy. It’s like seeing a goat rolling around and around. Haha.

“Ya~ at least I finished the race, unlike Hongki hyung.” He said, proudly.

“Well, yeah.” Daph said, taking the remote from my left hand and turned the television off.

“I think you should sleep now.” Jaejin hyung said.

--silence—

“Thank you for today Jaejin.” I heard Daph said, from the far end of the hall. They’re in front of Jaejin hyung’s door now.

“I should thank you too. Thank you for making me feel like a normal person again.” Jaejin hyung said.

Maybe I could open my eyes a little, I thought, they wouldn’t know the difference anyway.

When I opened my eyes, I saw Jaejin hyung kissing Daph’s forehead. Then Jaejin hyung opened the door for her to let her in.

The shock and pain registered in my eyes, and then I saw Seunghyun looking at me.

“That’s what you get for eavesdropping Minari. Let’s wait for Jaejin hyung to enter his room first before we go to ours ok?” he said, his eyes, concerned. I nodded.

Are they together now? T_T

 

Jaejin’s POV

Today is really one of the best days of my life. Not only that I’ve experience being a normal person again, but I met the girl I’m willing to give up everything for. But I can still remember what the fortune teller told me.. ugh~ never mind. She’s a fraud. I don’t care. I’ll spend the remaining days with Daphne and if she agrees, I’ll ask her to stay here in Seoul.

The next morning, I woke up because of Hongki hyung’s snore. I wanted to sleep more but I dismissed the thought because Hongki’s snores became louder. I tip-toed toward the door then went to the bathroom. I decided that I should bring Daphne to Lotte World today since that’s where almost all the tourists want to go right? And it’s been so long since I went there to enjoy myself.

When I went outside, I heard Jonghun discussing with Manager hyung.

“Why did you let a girl stay here in the dorm? What if someone sees her?” Manager hyung said.

“Hyung, let her stay here please? And besides, she’s leaving in a few days.” Jonghun said, then he realized that I’m there, listening to them. “Right Jaejin?” he pleaded.

“Yeah, she’ll be leaving.. in a few days.” I said, looking at the ground.

“Make sure of that. Jonghun, you’ll be responsible for this if something happens. And Jaejin, I’m sorry. This is company rules. You know that right? As much as I want to tolerate this whole thing, I can’t. You know I only want to protect you guys right?” Manager hyung said.

He has been more like a Dad to us than a manager. Taking care of us when we’re sick, when there are rumours about us, he’s always there to say that we didn’t do anything bad so we just have to ignore it and take it as test for us to be strong, he always thinks for the better. I looked at him and nodded.

“Good. Now, Jaejin, are you prepared for the press conference today?” he looked at me and I shook my head. “What press conference?” I asked.

“What? You can’t remember? You really like her that much to forget this press conference with Suzy? You were so happy before. You even jumped like a kid because you got picked in the audition. Anyway, we’ll be going in a few minutes. Dress up now, so you can finish the press conference early and be at your date with her.” Manager hyung said, smiling at me. “I’ll wait in the car.”

How can I forget that I have this movie thing with Suzy?? Now I can’t spend the whole day with her. She’s leaving the day after tomorrow..

“Yah, Jaejin, if you want to be with Daphne later for your date, move faster.” Jonghun said, pushing me to Hongki hyung’s room. I wore my blue polo shirt and jeans and went out of the room. I met Minhwan on the way to the kitchen and I asked him to take care of Daphne while I’m at the press con and he nodded, smiling widely. I also asked him to accompany her to Lotte World and that I’ll meet them there when I’m done. He looked so happy that I want to cancel the press con because I’m jealous. I know how Minhwan likes Daphne. But I still have my duties, so I just let it pass and let Minhwan be with Daphne before I’m done. At least, I’ll be with Daphne after I finish this.

 

Daphne’s POV

I heard from Minhwan that Jaejin has a press con today about his first movie. How can I forget? I heard that news before my flight to Seoul last week. Last week.. it feels as if it’s a long time ago.

“We’re going to Lotte World today Daph!” Minhwan said, jumping all around.

“Really? Wow! But, someone might recognize us..” I said.

“Jaejin hyung gave me the disguises that you used yesterday.”

“Oh! Ok!” I smiled and took the disguises from him.

“We’re going in a few minutes Daph. Wait for me. I’ll go and change my clothes.” He said.

After a few minutes, Minhwan came out of his room wearing his hoodie saying “I’m Hot!” at the back. I laughed at him and he asked me why, then I pointed at the words at his back.

“Are you really going to wear that hoodie?” I asked. Still laughing.

(Picture of Minhwan's Hoodie :DD Just ignore Jaejin and Seunghyun in this pic lol :D)

“What? I AM HOT! So I’m not lying. Right? Or do you want to see my biceps?” he said, teasing me.

“What? No! Ok, you’re hot. Just don’t show me your biceps. It’s quite scary. o_O” I said. Honestly, who WOULDN’T want to see his biceps?? I WANT TO!!! But, right now, I don’t want to see myself being awed by it.

“Yah! It’s not scary. Jonghun hyung’s biceps is the scary one. Just look at it!” Minhwan said, when Jonghun walked out of the bathroom wearing a sleeveless shirt and a cargo shorts.

“What did you say Minari??” Jonghun said, uh-oh~

“Nothing hyung!!! Come on Daph! Let’s go! Bye hyung!” He said, grabbing my wrist and ran to the door.

---

I let Minhwan drive to Lotte World even though I’m quite afraid because I don’t know if he really knows how to drive or not. I still think of him as the baby out of all of them even though he’s now at legal age and that he’s older than me.

“Still thinking I don’t know how to drive?” he asked, after parking Hongki’s convertible car at the parking lot.

“No, actually, you’re a better driver than me.” I said, taking the disguises at the back seat and picking which one we should use today. I took the round rimmed glasses and put it on Minhwan. “There, that glasses suits you! Your hyung also wore that yesterday.”

“Really? Ok, I’ll just use this. What about you?” he said, putting on the glasses and the hoodie over his head.

“I’ll just wear my sunglasses. I don’t need that much disguise anyway. I’m not really famous you know. I’m just the girl that you followed on your twitter account, nothing else.” I said. Minhwan mentioned and followed me after he asked for my twitter account that night, which caused a lot of ruckus in Primadonna’s twitter world. They mention me asking who I was, why did Minhwan followed me, am I Minhwan’s girlfriend, etc... But I didn’t answer any of them.  I’m just a friend, get over it. Tsk.

---

We entered Lotte World and ate our lunch first. As usual, we ate at KFC and let Minhwan order 3 orders of 2pc chicken, one order for me and 2 orders for him.

He acted like a kid, pointing at each of the rides inside the amusement park, so all I did was nod and ride all of the things he wants. He really looks like a kid, I thought, smiling.

“Ya! Why are you smiling? Hello, earth to Daph? Let’s go ride that one!” Minhwan said, pointing at the ride which made me jump in excitement. I love this kind of rides!

“KAJAAAAAAA~ (Let’s go)” I said, grabbing Minhwan’s wrist and pulling him to the ride.

(A/N: this is the ride that Minhwan and Daphne picked. I at describing, i KNOW lol :D and google doesn't even provide a list of rides in Lotte World :/)

 

---

After a riding a few scary rides, Minhwan pointed this ride with that looks as if we’re in the middle of a lake or something. “Let’s rest for a while there.” He smiled.

I nodded and went to the ride with him.

(A/N: I don’t know if this ride exists. Just imagine a cheesy ride with a boat ok? Haha. I really at describing things. Sorry!)

When we got into the boat, the air suddenly stiffened. I feel that Minhwan is looking at me thru his glasses. I wonder what he's thinking? 

 

Minhwan's POV

I was looking at Daph, arguing with myself if i should tell her that i like her? I know that she likes Jaejin hyung and hyung likes her back, she may not reciprocate my feelings but at least i wont regret it later right?

"Daph, I want to tell you something." -- "Minari, i'm leaving tomorrow night." we both said at the same time.

"WHAT?" i yelled, startling her.

"Ya! You know i'm leaving right?" she chuckled. "I'm not staying at your dorm forever, Minari. These last few days have been so much like a dream to me. And as a fangirl, it's really like a dream come true." She looked at me, smiling, but i know that she really doesn't want to leave. I know it just by looking at her. Her emotions are really easy to read. When she's happy, sad, excited..

"Have you told Jaejin hyung yet?" i remembered.

"I'll tell him tonight. He may not like it but this is the right thing to do. Last night... " trailing her thoughts, not wanting to say what happened between her and Jaejin hyung last night even though i have an idea on what it is. "I have done too much damage to you guys. I don't want to make it worse." she continued.

"Jaejin hyung is falling for you." i said. And it's not a question.

She looked at me intently and looked down.

"That should never happen... I don't want to ruin his career." she smiled bitterly then we heard her phone ringing. (inserts Even Your Tears song here) "It's Jaejin." she told me. 

"Your prescon ended already? Right. Ok! We'll meet you near the entrance in thirty minutes. Bye~" i hear her, talking to Jaejin hyung in her phone.

"You will really tell him tonight?"

"Yes, I will." she said. 

"Can't you stay?" /insert Minhwan's signature pout here/

"Minhwan, I really can't. Your aegyo will not change my decision." she said.

"Then i have to tell you something before you leave." 

"What is it?" 

"I like you. It may not change a thing.. But i really really like you." I confessed.

And Daph just stared with her eyes widening. Like what i just said is "I killed somebody" or some grave sin.

"The more reason i should leave." she said. Then the ride stopped and she walked out of the boat and gave me her hand. "Come on Minari~ Let's make this last day memorable, shall we?" 

I grabbed her hand and smiled.

"Yeah, let's make it memorable." i said.

---

After riding a few more scary rides (she said that Jaejin will most certainly refuse to ride those since he's afraid of heights), I received an SMS from Jonghun hyung..

 

From: EOMMA HYUNNGIIEE~

Minari, where are you right now? Please come home immediately after you read this. Jaejin and Daph's picture from yesterday is all over the internet. Go home ASAP.

 

I almost dropped my phone from what i have read. I looked at Daph and she was looking at her phone too.

"He's here already!" she said, smiling. 

"Then let's meet him!" I said, trying to hide fear from my face. Jaejin and Daph must not know about this right now. I might be a masochist but i really want both of them to be happy, for at least tonight, before facing all of those tomorrow.

--

WORD COUNT: 2,480

 

A/N:

i know this chapter is so long, crappy, boring.. waa~ i'm so sorry about that. :((

The drama starts here~ And you know what that means right? 

The end will be here soon!! (sobs)

anyway, thanks for reading again!! 

I really really love you all!

Especially you, you !

Every reader is precious to me. 

Whether you're a silent reader or not ^^

Please do comment and subscribe! (hugs)

It really makes me happy to see notifications aside from a story update from my subscriptions lol :D