Follow my Heart?

A Fangirl Dream Come True?

 

Chapter 7 - Follow My Heart?

Jaejin’s POV

I really don’t know what happened to me. Why did I kiss her?  We only met yesterday and I don’t know much about her. Maybe it’s just in the heat of the moment?

And I’m not the type of guy who do things like that. I’m always the careful one in the group. Then why did I do that? These thoughts circled in my head as I walk around our neighbourhood, wearing the hood of my jacket over my head as a disguise.

 

Daphne’s POV

I was still in a state of shock because of what Jaejin did when Minhwan pulled me over to the seat nearest to us.

“Daph, are you ok? Jaejin hyung is not always like that.” He said.

“Yeah, we’re shocked too! But it must mean something right?” Seunghyun said.

“He never did anything like that before without thinking.” Hongki nodded. “He was always the one warning us about taking care of our image, hiding our feelings, blah-blah-blah and now he goes around kissing people. Haha. Dapuni, you really are something.”

“Hongki, don’t say things like that. Dapuni might get the wrong idea.” Jonghun said.

“No, I don’t. Let’s just forget about this whole thing. There might be something that happened that’s why he did that.” I talked for the first time after that whole kissing-incident thing. They just looked at and stared. “What?”

“We all know you’re lying to yourself. Right guys?” Seunghyun said, and the others nodded.

“I don’t want to feel awkward when I see him at the dorm. So let’s just forget about it ok? No teasing and everything. I want to enjoy the remaining days with all of you. Please?” I pleaded.

“Alright! But I will not wash the dishes.” Hongki said.

“That was our deal Hongki. No backing up.” I said. Hongki pouted and nod.

“Can we go back to the dorm now? I’m starving.” Seunghyun said.

“Ok!” Jonghun agreed and I helped them in gathering all our stuffs and put it in the van.

“I’ll send Jaejin hyung a text message that we’re going back to the dorm now.” Minhwan said.

After a few minutes, the five of us are back in the dorm.

“I’ll cook dinner tonight!” I announced.

“Wow really? Ok!!” Seunghyun said.

“Don’t use too much utensils. Remember, I’m the one who will wash it later. TT” Hongki said, opening the computer.

“I’ll help you!” Minhwan said, rushing to the kitchen and asking me all the ingredients that are needed.

I decided to cook Carbonarra because it’s the easiest to cook so I told him all the ingredients that we need and he helped me in cooking. He also requested to put cubed chicken meat to the sauce, so I did. Luckily, Jonghun always have chicken in the refrigerator just in case Minhwan wants to eat one.

After 45 minutes, the Carbonarra is done and the table is set. Minhwan called the other members to eat. They all loved it and Jonghun asked me for the recipe.

“Minhwan always wants to eat chicken so we we’re thinking of other ways to cook it. Maybe we can try this too but I know we can’t cook it as good as you.” Jonghun said.

“It’s really easy to cook. I’ll write the ingredients and give it to you.” I smiled.

Then we played board games, X-Box and Guitar Hero when Minhwan yawned and said that he’ll be sleeping first, mumbling something about not being able to sleep last night because of what Seunghyun and Jonghun said.

“What is he talking about?” I asked the three.

“Our Minhwannie is in a crisis right now.” Seunghyun said.

“What crisis?” I asked, curious.

“It’s nothing actually. He’s just having a crush on someone but the girl likes someone else.” Seunghyun said. “Oops! I said too much.” Looking at Jonghun.

“That girl is totally blind.” I said. Who will not like Minhwan? He’s such a sweet guy and good looking. Every girl will be lucky to have him.

“Yeah, totally. But now, I’m going to sleep. Minhwan might lock the door again. I don’t want to sleep in the couch again. Good night everyone!” Seunghyun said, standing up. Then Hongki stood up too.

“I’m going to sleep too!! I’m too tired today. The recording, losing in bowling, washing the dishes..” he yawned then scratched his stomach. “Good night!”

Jonghun and I played a round of Monopoly again but the game is boring with only two players so Jonghun decided that we call it a night and sleep.

“What about Jaejin?” I asked.

“Oh, he’s a big boy now.” He smiled at me. “He can take care of himself.” Jonghun said before entering his own room.

---

It’s already 2AM in the morning but I can’t seem to fall asleep, so I decided to go out of my room and watch some drama and wait for Jaejin. He might want to eat before going to sleep.

 

Jaejin’s POV

It’s already 2AM when I decided to go home. I assumed that everyone is already inside their own room but I was wrong. I heard the sound of the television inside as I open the door. Who waited for me?

Then I saw that it was Daphne, but she’s already asleep with the remote control in her hands. I took it from her, turn the television off and put the remote in the table. I went to my room to find a blanket and put it on top of her.

I examined her face and my eyes came down to her lips. It felt so good in mine. But it’s all wrong. I just met her yesterday and she’ll be leaving in a few days. I must not get attached with her. I’ll just hurt her and myself if I allow these feelings to go deeper. I stared at her for a few more minutes remembering every feature in her face when I decided to stand up. I almost screamed when I saw Minhwan standing behind me.

“I thought you’ll never stop staring at her.” He said, mocking me. “Want to talk?”

I nodded.

 We ended up in the rooftop of our dorm’s building.

“You like her hyung, don’t you?” he asked.

“Yeah.” I admitted for the first time.

“Then go for her hyung. I think she likes you too.”

“You like her too.” I said, while he just stared at me with his small eyes. “It’s not a question Minhwan. I know you like her the first time you saw her in the ice cream shop. And then, you kept on helping her, like with her deal with Hongki hyung.”

“Am I that transparent?” he chuckled. “I just don’t want you to regret that you did not do anything for her when she leaves.”

“Then what about you? Won’t you fight for her? I mean, you’re her bias after all.” I asked.

He just smiled to like I’m a total idiot. “No, I’m not.”

“What do you mean?”

“Just wait for her to tell you.” He answered. “Woah, it’s almost 4AM hyung. Let’s call it a night and sleep.” Then he stood up from the bench that we’re sitting in and walked to the elevator. “Aren’t you coming?”

“Yeah, I’m coming!” I followed him and went back to the dorm.

That night, I didn’t sleep a wink because all I can ever think was Minhwan’s last words before we entered the dorm.

“Hyung, make the most out of the three remaining days with her. You’ll never know. She might be the one you’re waiting for. And if it turns out that she’s not the one, at least you’ve tried and you won’t go thinking about the “What if’s” your whole life.”

He’s younger than me but what he said is true. Should I really follow what my heart is telling me to do?

 

WORD COUNT: 1,311

---

Author's Note:

LOL. Double update!

I was really inspired last night so, go to the next page!!

GO GO! :DD

- Jonghun's rendition of Hongki's hand movements xD

 

-Budokan.. OTL Yellow sea~~ heart

- SeungJae~ My OTP.. what are you doing? lol